Celtic to be sued in the US over abuse(The Sun)

Doesn't the Statute of Limitations kick in in respect of the timescale?
"There is no statute of limitations for federal crimes punishable by death, nor for certain federal crimes of terrorism, nor for certain federal sex offenses. Prosecution for most other federal crimes must begin within five years of the commitment of the offense. There are exceptions. "

According to a google search

If St Pats are taken to US courts and have letters gagging families for their silence with hush money I can’t see how CFC get away with £m’s due in compensation and jail time for certain CFC employees and associated companies and their employees

I think he due up tomorrow (Thursday 7th March). There's been that many of them it's difficult to keep up.

Something about that sentence made my stomach sink.

Think about it. There have been THAT MANY that we can't keep track, and still smoke, mirrors and silence. Disgusting.

Think about it. There have been THAT MANY that we can't keep track, and still smoke, mirrors and silence. Disgusting.
public prejudices mean that there will be media hush till after trials. America may be different but undue influence on juries mean that this could put convictions under threat

patience is required.

Get all the bastards in prison. Then the public claims start.

whats update on this?

A Summary:

McCafferty trial supposedly due to start tomorrow. Daly, apparently, doing a new documentary that will 'demolish' the 'separate entity' nonsense about the club/boys club. US lawyers in touch with victims regarding a Court case in USA. Daily Record, reportedly, have a copy of a NDA signed by Celtic and one of the victims but, for whatever reason, have yet to publish.

I think that's about where we are at the moment.

Last edited:
McCafferty trial to start tomorrow. Daly, apparently, doing a new documentary that will 'demolish' the 'separate entity' nonsense about the club/boys club. US lawyers in touch with victims regarding a Court case in USA. Daily Record, reportedly, have a copy of a NDA signed by Celtic and one of the victims but, for whatever reason, have yet to publish.

Great news VB. Thanks.

I would imagine
McCafferty trial to start tomorrow. Daly, apparently, doing a new documentary that will 'demolish' the 'separate entity' nonsense about the club/boys club. US lawyers in touch with victims regarding a Court case in USA. Daily Record, reportedly, have a copy of a NDA signed by Celtic and one of the victims but, for whatever reason, have yet to publish.

I would imagine with all this adding up and looking to come to a head soon that this was a big part of Brenda leaving so quick and not wanting associated with the fall out that’s about to happen

I hope these bas....s (celtic ) pay heavily for the DESTRUCTION of lifes this HORRIBLE club are responsible for.

I will not be holding my breath waiting for something significant happening to the Bheasts over this they have played a very clever game with this helped by friends in high places,Politicians,civil authorities,msm the fhilth have their influences in every organisation who should be up in arms at this.

Wee Fergus in the news this week as we mark the 25th anniversary of him creating as much corporate distance between his new modern day Celtic and The Celtic Football and Athletic Club & it’s closely integrated Boys Club as possible.

His arse must be twitching these days.

Sadly I can't see it going beyond a few out of court settlements. They're just too well protected.
I think so too.
Is the only outcome here. They will weasel their way out of this 100%.
Did the punishment for Penn State not set a precedent for vile acts committed by sports clubs against minors ? Let’s not assume that St Pats (aka Separate Entity FC) will receive only a paultry financial punishment and walk away from this.
I’m of the other mindset where I think the damage, both financially and in terms of global reputation, will be severe. And so it should be.

Sadly I can't see it going beyond a few out of court settlements. They're just too well protected.

i'm kinda leaning this way , the only thing is they have always pleaded the separate entity line if they start settling out of court its an admission of guilt in which they have previously said they aren't connected

Absolutely. If the shoe was on the other foot, they'd have all their usual media/political lackeys ensuring that we were punished to the fullest extent. There just isn't the same desire to see them punished. It's absolutely disgusting to be quite honest.

On the face of it, it just seems utterly bizarre that people would so happily shed any sense of basic human decency they've got in order to defend a football team but then, you have to factor in that this goes way, way deeper than football for them.

Wee Fergus in the news this week as we mark the 25th anniversary of him creating as much corporate distance between his new modern day Celtic and The Celtic Football and Athletic Club & it’s closely integrated Boys Club as possible.

He's the only one who deserves any credit, as soon as he was told about it he acted.

On the face of it, it just seems utterly bizarre that people would so happily shed any sense of basic human decency they've got in order to defend a football team but then, you have to factor in that this goes way, way deeper than football for them.
Exactly mate. It's staggering. They will worm their way out of this because people in influential positions want them to. The best bet is that something comes from the complaints made in the US.

He's the only one who deserves any credit, as soon as he was told about it he acted.
He acted.. but he equally tried to create distance to protect Celtic FC.

I think McCann got the fright of his life when he discovered the extent of this, and the protection of individuals within the club. He didn’t throw them to the wolves or authorities without putting theguidnameoftheclub first.

If the BBC through Mark Daly are going to expose what really happened, I genuinely think they will get hammered.
Self preservation is the name of the game and I can’t really see any of their influential mates sacrificing their own reputations to protect an organisation guilty of covering up child rape.

Did the punishment for Penn State not set a precedent for vile acts committed by sports clubs against minors ? Let’s not assume that St Pats (aka Separate Entity FC) will receive only a paultry financial punishment and walk away from this.
I’m of the other mindset where I think the damage, both financially and in terms of global reputation, will be severe. And so it should be.

Nah, Penn State were called out by a media and populace willing to stand up and be counted.

We've got a (large) sections of the press and Scottish Government actively happy to work on behalf of Celtic defending their name.

Exactly my view on this, how many has it been and are there still more to come out?
I hope the rancid club gets hammered.

The Celtic Football and Athletic Company still exists and is a subsidiary of Celtic FC who own the entire (2) shareholding in the company. Celtic FC is, in turn, entirely owned by Celtic plc, who own both shares in Celtic FC.

Nice try Fergus - but achieves little.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC153534

Is there any way we can put pressure on the DR to publish it ?

On the separate entity stuff, has there every been any info released on how the boys club was funded ? Where did they get their money from to pay their staff, overseas trips, etc. I can't believe there weren't financial links between Celtic and the boys club.

I hope you are right.

Could this be why Rogers was so desperate to get out. You don't want to be associated with this news

Is there any way we can put pressure on the DR to publish it ?
On the separate entity stuff, has there every been any info released on how the boys club was funded ? Where did they get their money from to pay their staff, overseas trips, etc. I can't believe there weren't financial links between Celtic and the boys club.

Have to answer 'no idea' to both queries guys I'm afraid.

i'm kinda leaning this way , the only thing is they have always pleaded the separate entity line if they start settling out of court its an admission of guilt in which they have previously said they aren't connected

This was my thinking also , you can’t have it both was if they admit culpability in any way ,that would open door to prosecute in the states .

Rest assured. They have RC PLACEMEN in every facet of society. The FBI will no doubt oblige and stay away.

Opus Dei will snub this out - they've contained it for decades.

A massive conspiracy that hides the largest paedophilic gang in the history of world sport.

SNP shame on you.

Cfc and the Rc Church two cheeks of the same arse.

Is the mother of one of the victims not quite vocal about this on Twitter?

I cant see her just accepting an out of court settlement.

I will not be holding my breath waiting for something significant happening to the Bheasts over this they have played a very clever game with this helped by friends in high places,Politicians,civil authorities,msm the fhilth have their influences in every organisation who should be up in arms at this.
Sadly that's my gut feeling as well,but I really hope I'm wrong though.

Back