"Ibrox" without the unionbears

I’m sorry mate but to have the best signing section at Ibrox sit on their hands at Aberdeen, some not even watching the game, is unacceptable.

I was right behind them until this. We sit in west enclosure and sing as much as we can without many others joining in but I would never give up supporting my team in the quarter final of a cup against Aberdeen. No matter what.

In what sense did the UB give up supporting their team vs Aberdeen? Could have sworn they sat and watched the game exactly the same as everyone else did in the stadium?

The club’s treatment of the UB is sickening and the board take the support for granted.

There is absolutely nothing to stop the UB from moving to BF3 and installing safe standing along the Broomloan front. It’s actually pathetic from the board.

Ok, I will indulge you.

First off a few seasons ago it was the copland front they wanted to move to, now its BF3.

What has changed? Nearer the tims?

What happens when they decide wait we would rather GF3, we shuffle about fans every couple of years?

What happens to the folk in BF3 who haven't been consulted and are told right up and move the UB's want your seats.

How will moving from BF1 to BF3 actually improve the atmosphere?

Will the other 48k suddenly start creating an atmosphere?

How come the atmosphere at certain games is electric when the UB's are in BF1? So it isn't the location?

What about before the UB's, CL nights, other games the atmosphere has been electric, so it isn't all down to the UBS?

Don't the UB's all get group tickets for away games to make sure they are all in the same section?

Don't they get in early to do all the wonderful displays?

I have spent near on £2k this year straight into Rangers pockets, see next season I want for Instance CR2 Row G Seat 56, can I just tell the club this person should make way because I have spent that amount of money this season, I mean what am I getting back for it, what perks am I getting? None, and I don't want or ask or try to force through any because we are all the same, UB, Non UB, OAP or fucking Champagne Loyal, we are all bears who are the same, none better and none less well off, we are the same.

Do the club take the fans for granted? Yes, but not just the UB's , they take every single one of us for granted.

Do you really think throwing the toys out the pram is going to make the board take them seriously?

Maybe if they acted like adults, took the views of the support, canvassed the fans in BF3, Got a consensus then went to the board with a proper and professional outlook they would be taken more seriously by the board.

In what sense did the UB give up supporting their team vs Aberdeen? Could have sworn they sat and watched the game exactly the same as everyone else did in the stadium?

By having a protest against the club or was I mistaken ?

It's simple:

board commits to safe standing and selects area - for me Copland Front but negotiable - and allows UB to recruit. In return board, SLO, Club 1872 AND a random selection of fans get to meet them and plead the case for screwing the nut, i.e. "If you do a 'we hate catholics' song again you're on your own. no-one supports that...". They agree to do x,y and z in return for the new ultra section. They do NOT get 'final say' or 'control' over the area or its output.

Surely everyone wins there?

By having a protest against the club or was I mistaken ?

They were still supporting rangers the same way everyone else does in the stadium, sitting in silence.

The UB aren't paid by the club, if they don't want to sing they don't have to. Same as everyone else in the stadium.

Just you wait and see what Ibrox is like in 20 years when our aging support starts to disappear and we can’t fill our stadium because younger people are quite rightly fucking tired of the non existent atmosphere and brutal match day experience. Needs to be addressed now. If you want what’s best for Rangers try and look at the bigger picture rather than sitting dribbling some perceived grievance of yours. No one is saying they’re better than you.

The matchday experience has been brutal for the last 20 years

Reactions: JMA
I’m sorry mate but to have the best signing section at Ibrox sit on their hands at Aberdeen, some not even watching the game, is unacceptable.

I was right behind them until this. We sit in west enclosure and sing as much as we can without many others joining in but I would never give up supporting my team in the quarter final of a cup against Aberdeen. No matter what.

They didn’t support the team any less than the other 48k bears or so in attendance so what’s your point here?

The matchday experience has been brutal for the last 20 years

Much longer than that.

The truth is most league games against lesser sides are unlikely to create a crackling atmosphere. As far back as I can remember the atmosphere has been best at

top: games v paedo harbourers
2nd: big european nights / cup finals
3rd: big cup ties or big league matches v contenders (normally sheep, HIV's, Hearts, maybe Dundee HIV's back in the day before they reverted to diddy club status)

The rest of the matches we played the atmosphere was 100% determined by what happens on the pitch. For example, the 5-0 cup tie v Killie had a really decent atmosphere, because we were winning handily. If t had been a 0-0 or a 0-1, it would have been very different

Ok, I will indulge you.

First off a few seasons ago it was the copland front they wanted to move to, now its BF3.
No, they were told by the club that CF is a no go. As far as I know the only reason they're going for BF now is because its the best chance they have. Its called compromise, but still they're told no.

What happens when they decide wait we would rather GF3, we shuffle about fans every couple of years?
Wit?

What happens to the folk in BF3 who haven't been consulted and are told right up and move the UB's want your seats.
What are you talking about? They would obviously be consulted and given the option to stay in their seats. If not they would be offered a package, money off your ST next year etc. Same as Palace done.

More central position so easier to influence fans with sections either side of them. BF1 is awful, half the noise travels to their right against a brick wall or right out the stadium.

Nope, but if SS is introduced and thousands move then it'll be a hell of a lot better than 400 singing.

How come the atmosphere at certain games is electric when the UB's are in BF1? So it isn't the location?
What games? Only Euro nights & OF games.

What about before the UB's, CL nights, other games the atmosphere has been electric, so it isn't all down to the UBS?
See above, you're going off on a tangent. They nights take care of themselves (if we're winning)

Don't the UB's all get group tickets for away games to make sure they are all in the same section?
Nope.

I think they do sometimes, sometimes they don't and need to rush about putting everything out. Whats your point?

I have spent near on £2k this year straight into Rangers pockets, see next season I want for Instance CR2 Row G Seat 56, can I just tell the club this person should make way because I have spent that amount of money this season, I mean what am I getting back for it, what perks am I getting? None, and I don't want or ask or try to force through any because we are all the same, UB, Non UB, OAP or fucking Champagne Loyal, we are all bears who are the same, none better and none less well off, we are the same.
Again, going off on a tangent. Whats the benefits of moving you to that seat for the club? Zilch. Whats the benefit of having a safe standing sections with thousands of bears who want to get right behind the team? Need I say more.

Do the club take the fans for granted? Yes, but not just the UB's , they take every single one of us for granted.
Agreed.

Do you really think throwing the toys out the pram is going to make the board take them seriously?
I think its their only choice, and its not throwing their toys out the pram. They've been working away in the background for years, they've gathered the support of C1872 & a large number of RSCs, they've got the club to survey ST holders, they've pushed for it and been given lip service for years. Its gone on too long and we'll never get it unless some sort of action is taken. I completely agree with their stance. What would you suggest, since they've tried everything else?

Maybe if they acted like adults, took the views of the support, canvassed the fans in BF3, Got a consensus then went to the board with a proper and professional outlook they would be taken more seriously by the board.
See above.

Appreciate the reply and answers, some things I really didn't know such as the club kyboshing the CF move, was also under the impression re Away tickets so again good to be put straight on it.

I stand by Euro Nights and OF games in terms of atmosphere being as good with them in BF1, Which leads onto my belief that moving to BF3 will make no difference to the run of the mill games (vast majority).

If you are correct re the fans being consulted, and if the majority agreed then the club of course should look at the move and agree, but I stress only if a majority agree to the move (not UB, but the BF3 Faction), your point about a package/money off etc isn't really relevant just now as that would have to come from the club and just now the club are saying No so we can't say this would happen, I doubt it would tbh, If there was a consultation it would be will you move or not, IMO if a high majority, maybe 3/4 say Yes then great, UBs go into BF3 and the current guys either stay or relocate.

Your point about them working in the background and canvassing fans isn't that for Standing Section which is different to what they are protesting about?

As I say, thanks for the reply appreciate it.

You don't understand the difference between games against Celtic and Kilmarnock?

Whilst I realise you’re trying to be clever I sing at every game. Do I give it more against them or a big exciting Euro night? Yes I do. But I don’t sit in silence against anyone. Tens of thousands choose to do that and yet they’re giving it yeeha against the paedos. I can’t understand that.

I’ve been on buses before where it’s a fucking riot. I’m sure many buses are the same. So are some of the pubs before the game. Then folk enter Ibrox and don’t sing a note.

It’s mental. And it badly affects the team, especially when the only time many want to make a noise is to moan and groan and shout abuse

Whilst I realise you’re trying to be clever I sing at every game. Do I give it more against them or a big exciting Euro night? Yes I do. But I don’t sit in silence against anyone. Tens of thousands choose to do that and yet they’re giving it yeeha against the paedos. I can’t understand that.

I’ve been on buses before where it’s a fucking riot. I’m sure many buses are the same. So are some of the pubs before the game. Then folk enter Ibrox and don’t sing a note.

It’s mental. And it badly affects the team, especially when the only time many want to make a noise is to moan and groan and shout abuse

Tbf that happens all over the UK and won't change.

I do it, I sing for 90 vs the tims, I sing for 90mins at Away games, give it laldy at away games.

Games at home vs Dundee, Killie, Hamilton I don't , the games don't have the same intensity, I will be honest here and in these games I go and expect the team to entertain me and make me get out my seat.

Not every fan goes to give it laldy for 90mins, I doff my cap to the boys that can and do, but we are all different, it is actually the minority that do and it will always be the case, it is just the way Rangers, Scottish and indeed UK football is.

They all went, and watched the game...NO fan is forced to sing, it's not part of s/ticket small print.

The guy who leads them never watches the game. I thought when they had protest maybe but stands with back to game talking to pals. That baffles me.

100% true all the young team are union bears fans but they are getting pissed off with the way they are getting treated after we are all gone it will be down to the present young team and to be honest with not winning anything in a genaration we are playing a dangerous game in my opinion I can see my son 14 year old and his pals who go they have never seen good times but they relate to the union bears and they are getting fkd off with everything I’m struggling to get them to go ffs

Rangers board do not care one single jot about what young fans want.

"Shut up and pay your money" to be honest, the total hypocrisy and lack of engagement or progress between the board and ALL fans is making me disillusioned with the way they are taking the club.

The youth are the future. The youth want a boisterous, lively stadium where the fans are made welcome to support their team. That is not happening and they are being driven away. The board and their attitude towards the fans is doing more damage than the poets winning 10 in a row ever could.

"Shut up and pay your money" to be honest, the total hypocrisy and lack of engagement or progress between the board and ALL fans is making me disillusioned with the way they are taking the club.

The youth are the future. The youth want a boisterous, lively stadium where the fans are made welcome to support their team. That is not happening and they are being driven away.

The club is open to engage with any fan and to claim we aren’t engaging is nonesense.

Stewart Robertson literally met with the UB less than a month ago and I’m waiting on them coming back to me to meet.

The club is open to engage with any fan and to claim we aren’t engaging is nonesense.

Stewart Robertson literally met with the UB less than a month ago and I’m waiting on them coming back to me to meet.

I don't think it's nonsense Greg. You can have meetings until your blue in the face, it doesn't mean much when nothing happens. Safe Standing put off and put off, facilities for disabled fans still haven't been improved despite the club admitting themselves it wasn't up to standard. Fans having to put up with absolute rubbish from the police and the media without barely a peep in their defence.

I'm sure meetings do happen, but actions speak louder than words and there has been no improvement in fan engagement between the Murray years and now.

I don't think it's nonsense Greg. You can have meetings until your blue in the face, it doesn't mean much when nothing happens. Safe Standing put off and put off, facilities for disabled fans still haven't been improved despite the club admitting themselves it wasn't up to standard. Fans having to put up with absolute rubbish from the police and the media without barely a peep in their defence.

I'm sure meetings do happen, but actions speak louder than words and there has been no improvement in fan engagement between the Murray years and now.

A timeline put in place for safestanding subject to concerns being addressed was progress.

The club implementing a full 3D scan of the standium to identify areas to improve disabled facilities within the stadium without significantly reducing the capacity was progress - when the come to fruition it will make a big difference.

We are constantly in dialogue with the police. Football fans in general feel that we have a hard time and I think as a fanbase that takes so many travelling supporters we can have more issues than most for sure. That will be a continual process.

The media aren’t something deal with directly but across various fronts the club are fighting unfair stories.

The club care.

The youth are the future. The youth want a boisterous, lively stadium where the fans are made welcome to support their team. That is not happening and they are being driven away. The board and their attitude towards the fans is doing more damage than the poets winning 10 in a row ever could.

Maybe the fans getting behind team might help instead of stupid protests ? Or let’s just make sure everyone makes it harder for team to get results?

A timeline put in place for safestanding subject to concerns being addressed was progress.

The club implementing a full 3D scan of the standium to identify areas to improve disabled facilities within the stadium without significantly reducing the capacity was progress - when the come to fruition it will make a big difference.

We are constantly in dialogue with the police. Football fans in general feel that we have a hard time and I think as a fanbase that takes so many travelling supporters we can have more issues than most for sure. That will be a continual process.

The media aren’t something deal with directly but across various fronts the club are fighting unfair stories.

The club care.

You are a lot closer to it than me Greg and obviously see more of the work they do so I have to take your word for it. However, from the outside looking in, there will be many who agree with me that the club could be far more transparent over all issues. The board just seem so far removed from the fanbase. Surely they must be sitting at Ibrox in the silence thinking to themselves there was more they could do? Ibrox should and has the potential to have a very good atmosphere, but the life in the club and matchdays has almost disappeared. It's absolutely chronic at times.

I don't doubt that the board care about the club itself, but it certainly doesn't appear that they care about your rank and file supporter, even more so when you consider how they came to power.

Maybe the fans getting behind team might help instead of stupid protests ? Or let’s just make sure everyone makes it harder for team to get results?

The UB have supported the team everywhere home and away as have thousand of fans. They feel that they are being treated unfairly and have taken a group decision to scale back their vocal support. The 48k other fans in the stadium, the vast majority of the place are not protesting but still remain silent.

The RST planned plenty of protests in their time which were not universally supported but felt as a group and body they had to make a stand for change. The UB is doing this on a much smaller scale but is getting far more hate for it. Surely the fact that so many people are noticing speaks volumes?

There is a bit of a safe standing conundrum here.

The ideal space to trail this would be a corner (like at Parkhead) - however we have 1 given to away fans and the other is used in part for hospitality.

The benefit of a corner (or curve) is that it is less likely to inhibit sightlines.

An other option is BF3 - I think the clubs issue is people standing here will inhibit people in BF 5 or 1 seeing part of the pitch.

Safe standing all BF. Too expensive and no guarantee of that much demand.

Copland Front - see above. Added downside of a number of long term season ticket holders there.

Govan front - will be less of an issue with blocking sightlines. But it is premium retail for season tickets.

Enclosure - better sightlines but out of the view of the camera. And as far as I’m aware a camera gantry in the govan would not have protection from direct sunlight.

Also on the talk of surveys surely the club could send one out to every season ticket holder with the renewal form covering a range of issues, then you would have the actual views of the Support ?

Ok, I will indulge you.

Give me a shout when you get your new seat. I'll be within 1 row and 10 seats of you. Want to start a rival singing section. :))

Fan engagement from the club to the fanbase is pretty much as bad as it ever had been under previous regimes.

Failure to have appointed a proper day to day leader in the form of an actual Chief Executive is doing Dave King no favours at all.

This board are largely silent and invisible. That is an undeniable fact.

This HAS to improve - and quickly!

The club care.
Before I switch off for tonight...

Greg , where was the Rangers statement of disgust at the Aberdeen Scottish cup allocation decision.?

But king can fire a email in support of Steve Clarke within a day ?

Sorry but engagement with fans needs to be properly explained here.

Fan engagement from the club to the fanbase is pretty much as bad as it ever had been under previous regimes.

Failure to have appointed a proper day to day leader in the form of an actual Chief Executive is doing Dave King no favours at all.

Doesn’t sound good .

We
Ibrox in inverted commas? Have a word with yourself. Our iconic stadium, our great club and our loyal incredible fans have been around since before any of us were born and will still be here long after we've all gone. Including those in a huff in BF1.

As for the Union Bears. A singing section that isn't singing. That's as much use as a goalscorer who doesn't score.
We've got a couple of those too.

This is guff.

Our official SLO is on a fan forum asking questions and explaining where things are whilst telling people the club have met with the UB and are waiting from them to meet again.

People need to grow up.

The club care.
Greg the club may engage with fans but do they actually listen? As you know I've been in meetings on behalf of sc and its just like banging our head against a brick wall. It's a case it seems give us your season ticket money everything else doesn't matter.a large section of fans want to stand so the club should Imo be doing all they can to make that happen.the away support get treated like Shyte but again it's like the club don't care about the away support especially supporters clubs as proved with the Aberdeen ticket fiasco. Again all we care about is your season ticket money

The UB have supported the team everywhere home and away as have thousand of fans. They feel that they are being treated unfairly and have taken a group decision to scale back their vocal support. The 48k other fans in the stadium, the vast majority of the place are not protesting but still remain silent.

The RST planned plenty of protests in their time which were not universally supported but felt as a group and body they had to make a stand for change. The UB is doing this on a much smaller scale but is getting far more hate for it. Surely the fact that so many people are noticing speaks volumes?

It boils down to simplicity for me.

We all want the team to be as successful as possible and the reason we have singing sections is we believe this helps the team.

The UBs want safe standing and a move for one reason - to create a better atmosphere. And one positive output of that - a more successful team.

When i spoke to one of the UBs last week, I tried to explain that silent protests achieve the opposite of what they want and that success on the park is the most important thing. His view was that they are happy to accept short term pain for long term gain - his words.

We got pumped by the sheep.

I’m 100% behind safe standing and them moving. But their way of going about it is misguided, wrong and alienates the very people they need to get on board.

If a silent protest is what they wanted. Pick five minutes a half.

We lost a goal, that’s when the players need the fans. The UBs have set themselves up as the leader of songs etc. The players, the fans and the club needed to come together as one. It didn’t happen.

Greg the club may engage with fans but do they actually listen? As you know I've been in meetings on behalf of sc and its just like banging our head against a brick wall. It's a case it seems give us your season ticket money everything else doesn't matter.a large section of fans want to stand so the club should Imo be doing all they can to make that happen.the away support get treated like Shyte but again it's like the club don't care about the away support especially supporters clubs as proved with the Aberdeen ticket fiasco. Again all we care about is your season ticket money
Exactly how I see it.

The club really don't come out of this looking good.

More and more fans I speak with feel distant with this board.

The situation isn't helped by having a Chairman in SA and an MD who seems unable to provide strong leadership day to day in Scotland.

Significant improvements are required. We are seen as a weak, easy target by our haters and enemies. They know they can get away with it as they know we are unlikely and unwilling to hit back.

Surely no one can be happy with that.

His view was that they are happy to accept short term pain for long term gain - his words.

Sickening.

Enough is enough ? With what ? Don’t back your team and be happy to get beat for a short term fix to win long term ? Is that what you all think ?

Pish is a way of saying the club told them it would happen and went back on it.

Good, mature response from yourself as usual on here though.

The question still stands.

Would the UB be prepared to clean up the song book in return for a safe standing area?

Wether you agree or not with what the UBs have done we are being left behind in Europe in terms of fan experience at games. The Germans and the Dutch do it superb, a very simple start is having your ultra section in a prominent position where they can be seen and grow as a group. The colour and noise the groups create increases the whole match day experience straight away and anyone who has attended German football will agree.

I understand both sides of the argument but rangers total unbudging stance on this is frustrating for me never mind how the union bears must feel. They probably feel this is there last option as they have tried communication for years and got nowhere.

Their protest according to their material released is in 2 parts.

1. Is that safe standing has been rejected and
2. That a move they proposed was rejected.

The first part isn’t true. They may feel that way but from discussions with upper management and the board that isn’t the case. There are issues that the board want satisfactorally addressed before it is confirmed but it’s on the table and imo it can be satisfied with a little bit of work. Safe standing will not happen this summer though. It would be end of next season at the earliest.

The proposed move was rejected for a number of reasons. In my mind it was made too late to be considered for this season coming as you need to communicate and offer alternatives for the current incumbents including priority on moves as a minimum at least. We currently hardly have any availability on ST seats so logistically very difficult.
That’s a fair answer if that’s the case. They should be pushing from the summer to get safe standing and that could open the door for the move too as people who would be in the standing section currently might not want to stand.

Back