Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

I am not excusing his reaction.
I am nailing the lie that Brown's behaviour is acceptable within the laws.
It isn't.

Neither is shirt pulling and tactical blocking at set pieces but it is part of the game.

This is not Broadfoot style assault but merely things that we do ourselves in a match-you saw Jack do it to Brown in this very match.

Being smart and disciplined is just as important to Rangers as smashing a goal in or heading away a corner.
I would love to smash Brown in the fucking face before we had even kicked off but I know full well I’d be letting Rangers down and that’s what he’d be loving the most.

Reading lots of criticism of Worrall. Mostly deserved. Some poor distribution for sure and he could maybe have done better at the goal. What about a Goldson though? He’s been worse - and I have no idea what he was playing at on the half-way line for their goal either. Should have won the ball. Could even have taken the yellow for stopping the break at worst. Instead he stood like a statue and got left for dead. Shambolic.

Are you for real defending Morelos and blaming Gerrard?

Prior to Morelos sending off it was a mess with no lessons learned. Same performance as in September.

Picking the same team as the 29th and hoping for the same performance when so many were off form. Predictable.

The 29th was a one off. We are a mess.

It was a red, and I don’t defend it, but Brown doesn’t exactly have blood gushing from his nose, how much contact was there?
Brown wasn't hurt. He was play acting. The entire incident was a trap and Alfie fell into it.
But none of that makes it part of the game.
Gamesmanship isn’t why fans pay good money.

Whos the 4?

Hes the only player that had completed more than 3 passes so %^*& knows who your 4 is.

McCrorie & Halliday no doubt. Staunch as

Not that your presumptuous or anything.

Nothing to do with staunchness so spare me the point scoring.

McCrorie, Arfield, Kent and Goldson are the only ones up for it.

Jack is a contender for one of the poorest on the park along with fellow trusty journeyman Candeais. Worral diabolical.

Sky's slowed down footage - minimal contact with the lego eater's chest if anything. Broon down like he'd been shot holding his face while another of the rats runs at the linesman making the 'red card' gesture. Madden has the card out before he's turned as well.

Now, I think he's been daft to let them ask the question, but it is NOT a red card offence. If his is, then Broon with his simulation plus his initial dig also is, all based on intent.
Get a grip mate, he would have been off for intent even if he’d missed him. So frustrating.

Because that's how it works in Scotland with Morelos.

You can taunt, kick, goad, elbow, stamp, rake, mock him to wind him up with no repercussions but as soon as he reacts everyone comes down on his reaction like a ton of bricks.

It's became the nations new favourite past time.
There's a very easy solution.

He doesn't react.

Somehow he doesn't seem to be able to process that though.

Brown waits until hes right in front of the linesman, has an "accidental" kick at Morelos who stupidly swings back an arm but misses him, Brown acts like he's been shot and Morelos gets sent off whilst Brown pishes himself laughing at him. Morelos should know better but it was never ever a red card.

Looking at our level of signings, another year of abject failure and a manager that’s criminally out his depth, this ain’t changing soon. The board kept the club afloat but they won’t take it forward. Another gamble that’s falling apart. On and off the park it’s them to blame.

Time to put Les Infant Terrible in the stand
I wouldn't play him again

The league is gone
And we've nothing to play for and once asking this clown lets us down

Thanks for all the goals against Hamilton and Dundee Alfie
Sling your hook
Not forgetting Aberdeen, Hearts, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Hibs,

Quite incredible that we now have players targetting other players to get them sent off,even more incredible that Boyd thinks it's ok.
Wed be doing it to other players that take the bait as easily as Morelos does and quite rightly so.

Thing is there's hardly anyone else stupid enough to react the way he does for us to target!

While I'm here, 2 other things to note.
1- Our free kick when we're standing around clueless, the guy that can't pass tries to knock a 50yd pass at their best header of the ball. Not a shock they go straight up and score (Goods in should have taken the yellow).
2- One of their guys hits the deck like he's been shot, play on, but only Tav does. That was a crucial moment that we let pass and coulda changed the shape of the entire afternoon.

Not that your presumptuous or anything.

Nothing to do with staunchness so spare me the point scoring.

McCrorie, Arfield, Kent and Goldson are the only ones up for it.

Jack is a contender for one of the poorest on the park along with fellow trusty journeyman Candeais. Worral diabolical.
McCrorie. Hahaahahahahaha. Holy %^*&

Watching the slow motion replay of the sending off, if VAR was available ref would see Morelos hits Browns chest. Morelos shouldn’t have done it anyway. The way Brown acts rolling around as if being shot and grinning after the event is an utter embarrassment.

F*** it, only one down so still hope.

The only sub worth putting on now would be Lafferty to lead the line, run the channels and draw free kicks.
Major balls up from Gerard having 3 centre midfielders on the bench.

Brown has done his job. Morelos singularly failed in his (Brown got up). An easy wind up and down to ten men. Oh how we vented our spleen at those who dared suggest an untried manager with little experience was a gamble.

I watched Scott brown have the freedom of inbox in doing that very thing at every goal kick. Referrenot interested. Build up a wee hysteria about Morelos and he’s off every time. Let’s be honest here we are talking about an elbow to the chest. A clear ploy from brown to get a man sent off. It’s a joke, it’s cheating.

Boyd is, as every single Rangers fan should be, absolutely fucking livid with Morelos.

No matter what Brown did, Morelos sold the jerseys and was rightly sent off for flinging an elbow.

Pointing out his stupidity is not anto Rangers, it is pro Rangers.

Not one person in the media will highlight the double standards, they just vent their spleen about Morelos being the evilest man in sport. If the incident was reversed, they would be talking about how much contact there was, and how morelos was trying to provoke him.

Will it %^*&

Well that's that then.

He has not improved our team one iota. A few decent results in Europe during his honeymoon period and one good performance against that lot at Ibrox.

Out both cups to fcking Aberdeen. 13 points behind before the split. Awful, awful football to watch.

Pedro didn't go after the humiliation at the scum, but it was his undoing. Same as this will be for Gerrard.

There's a very easy solution.

He doesn't react.

Somehow he doesn't seem to be able to process that though.

I’m sure if you were kicked and niggled at your work every day and your bosses turned a blind eye, whilst no one else got that treatment, you’d just get on with it?

Morelos being stupid doesn’t change the fact this has been a successful campaign from a mentally challenged media to make him a villain, and the referees have been fully compliant.

Reality is most of our players aren’t very good. Arfield is bang average and the rest of our central midfield is poor. Candeias runs around, but is poor on the ball and is failing out there. Worrall is a disaster, he needs dropped for Katic immediately.

The one player we have that has the quality to make something happen has once again got sent off and let the side down. We were shite anyway, but now we are a goal down and a man down. The club literally does everything to pander to Morelos; he’s the highest paid player at the club, he is fawned over and adored by our support and yet again he gets himself sent off.

Back