Michel Preud'homme

Cheers for the uninformed insightful cyber narcissistic post bud.
To the best of my knowledge this is a message board.
People post opinions, it’s fully up to the individual reading these posts to decide if it’s pish or not.
Smarmy, sneering responses like yours help no one.

I'll be the first to admit I have no knowledge of MPH or his CV but we certainly shouldn't be ruling anyone out just because they are foreign.

At this stage I feel anyone is a gamble, we should be looking for the best person for the job

QUOTE="JackBurton, post: 346039, member: 2261"]I'll be the first to admit I have no knowledge of MPH or his CV but we certainly shouldn't be ruling anyone out just because they are foreign.

That's true there are no guarantees with anyone however I just can't see it not being mcinnes.

Not much out there in terms of comments from other fans, but this was interesting:

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/6coesm/michel_preudhomme_leaves_club_brugge/

"He is known for pushing his players beyond limits. It was also the first time that he stayed at the same club for over 3 years. Everybody knew he was going to leave."

It’s quite a common thing and it’s not something Rangers need just now.

These extremely hands on managers - Guardiola and Mourinho are the best examples just now - end up so intense that they can only last two or three seasons at the one club.

Think he spent about 30mill in his time at brugge, so 10mill a season i guess?

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned in this thread already but given the praise for the guy, I genuinely wasn’t expecting that to be the case.

I thought he’d have been working miracles on a much smaller budget.

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned in this thread already but given the praise for the guy, I genuinely wasn’t expecting that to be the case.

I thought he’d have been working miracles on a much smaller budget.

That mr grumpy had all the stats for the guy up a day or so ago dunno what page it will be on now.

He spent money to win but he did also find players like nacir chadli for 400k and sold him to spurs for about 7 million, theres pros and cons with the guy.

Id personally go with mcinnes.

What is this mindlesdly repeated drivel that McInnes is happy to be 2nd?

Did you see him after the Scottish Cup final? (He said they'd be back to win it next year by the way)

His comments after the celtic loss the other night suggest exactly the opposite of he's happy to be 2nd yet you also say his comments meant he accepts defeat?

Last edited:
What is this mindlesdly repeated drivel that McInnes is happy to be 2nd?

Did you see him after the Scottish Cup final?

His comments after the celtic loss the other night suggest exactly the opposite of he's happy to be 2nd yet you also say his comments meant he accepts defeat?

It’s up there with people greeting because they think he’ll come out before games against celtic saying he can’t really compete as he’s done that at times - being completely honest - as Aberdeen manager.

I’d love to know what planet these folk live on.

To the best of my knowledge this is a message board.
People post opinions, it’s fully up to the individual reading these posts to decide if it’s pish or not.
Smarmy, sneering responses like yours help no one.

You get a lot of posts like that but in the be all that is still an individual opinion being expressed in its own unique way!

It’s up there with people greeting because they think he’ll come out before games against celtic saying he can’t really compete as he’s done that at times - being completely honest - as Aberdeen manager.

I’d love to know what planet these folk live on.
I was one of those who indicated on another thread that the Derek McInnes interview after the Celtic game was defeatist. It was hardly a great selling point for him to become our new manager.

However if DM gets the job I, as a Rangers supporter, will back him totally. Hopefully his players will also give him 100% backing and concentrate on being professional football players.

I am also happy to confirm I live on planet Earth.

I presume that not a lot of folk actually bet on these things so a single moderately sized bet can shift odds massively. If anyone has a spare £50 in their pockets, it would be interesting to lump it on MPH and see what that one bet would do to his odds. Mr Grumpy - the floor is yours ;)

Check out Oddschecker to see the madness of next manager betting. Martin O'Neill is a TOP price of 40/1 and is as short as 16/1 with PP and Betfair.

This thread has gone quite boring now without Mr Grumpy’s incessant verbal fisticuffs. Wonder if he’s down the bookies putting his bet on? Or has he been given a wee ‘holiday’.

06-08 - Won the league with Standard. Their first in 25 years.
08-10 - Finished second with Gent. Their highest ever finish. Also won the Cup (their 3rd ever trophy).
10-11 - Finished second with Twente. Won both domestic Cups.
11-13 - Won the Saudi league with Al-Shabab.
13-17 - Won 2 Cups, the league and 2 MOTY awards with Brugge. Also took them to the last 8 of the EL

McInnes:
- Won a league cup.
- Consistently second in our domestic league.
- Never further than third round qualifier for the Europa League in 4 attempts.
- Would cost £1m more.

I know it's not as simple as that, but on paper, it's an easy decision.
Well, when you put it like that................

Defo been given a holiday he was powering sh*te about preudhomme for 24 hours solid, only preudhomme will do for grumpy!

Never seen anything like it to be honest. Add the fact he signed up the day Caixinha got sacked and the massive, massive trolling he was doing. Not surprised he’s gone - even if it is only temporary. No idea how - or if - he could support the team if it’s not ‘his man’.

Never seen anything like it to be honest. Add the fact he signed up the day Caixinha got sacked and the massive, massive trolling he was doing. Not surprised he’s gone - even if it is only temporary. No idea how - or if - he could support the team if it’s not ‘his man’.

He has far too much information on preudhomme to the point where I'm actually worried for Michels safety to be honest.

For clarification purposes...what do people mean when they say it has to be a Rangers man?

One thing I loved about Caixinha was how he saw the media for exactly what they were and how he called them out on it. Same for match officials, he was supposedly compiling a dossier on referees...the only guy in recent memory who actually stuck up for the club.

I fear that someone like McInnes or another Scottish manager would be happy to go along with how things are and that worries me.

For clarification purposes...what do people mean when they say it has to be a Rangers man?

One thing I loved about Caixinha was how he saw the media for exactly what they were and how he called them out on it. Same for match officials, he was supposedly compiling a dossier on referees...the only guy in recent memory who actually stuck up for the club.

I fear that someone like McInnes or another Scottish manager would be happy to go along with how things are and that worries me.

Absolutely spot on and one of the reasons that lead me to believe those calling Pedro a fraud are being foolish!

Caixinha's media handling was shocking for a manager of his experience. The press up here must've thought they won the lottery when he took charge. He wrote their headlines for them and they knew how easy it was to get a rise out of him

Bullshit populist pandering that will endear you to some supporters in the short term, but ultimately have a negative impact on things further down the line. Was anyone even listening to him by the time he came out with the "blue blood" patter?

Caixinha's media handling was shocking for a manager of his experience. The press up here must've thought they won the lottery when he took charge. He wrote their headlines for them and they knew how easy it was to get a rise out of him

Bullshit populist pandering that will endear you to some supporters in the short term, but ultimately have a negative impact on things further down the line. Was anyone even listening to him by the time he came out with the "blue blood" patter?

True, we just need a manager that gets the head down and has us performing to our maximum on a consistent basis on the park.

He made too much noise.

Check out Oddschecker to see the madness of next manager betting. Martin O'Neill is a TOP price of 40/1 and is as short as 16/1 with PP and Betfair.
Just goes to show the farce that is the next Manager betting. There is more chance of Bull Struth becoming the next Rangers Manager.

Agree Pedro just talked a lot of pish to try to curry favour. I don’t think he was a classy guy at all- pretty cringeworthy a lot of the time.

I wrote this blog last night adding my thoughts on going down the foreign route isn’t the way to go.

https://supermanrfcblog.wordpress.com/2017/10/31/the-hipster-ideology/

Have a wee read. Appreciate any feedback

Just one main discussion point for me - what elements of how Celtic approach games are typically "Scottish"?

They obviously have far better players, but they look to win games by playing good football. Rodgers has even had to tell the fans he'll never go long-ball chasing a game or the likes.

What they achieved last season is what we need to aim for. Can McInnes get us there?

Just one main discussion point for me - what elements of how Celtic approach games are typically "Scottish"?

They obviously have far better players, but they look to win games by playing good football. Rodgers has even had to tell the fans he'll never go long-ball chasing a game or the likes.

What they achieved last season is what we need to aim for. Can McInnes get us there?

Did anyone think Rodgers could get the Dhims there? The simple truth is none of us have any idea how a managerial appointment will work out until after the event. Look at Everton - sign a highly rated Manager, back him to the tune of £100m+ and end up in the bottom 3 and sacking him a few months later!

Did anyone think Rodgers could get the Dhims there? The simple truth is none of us have any idea how a managerial appointment will work out until after the event. Look at Everton - sign a highly rated Manager, back him to the tune of £100m+ and end up in the bottom 3 and sacking him a few months later!

Well said mate.

We simply aren't going to Out Football Rodgers' Celtic unless someone flings 30-40m at us to spend on a team of international footballers. Our Fans rejected this idea by rejecting Warburton when things started to go wrong.

So our option is to do what O'Neill done to Advocaat's team albeit on a smaller scale.

We simply aren't going to Out Football Rodgers' Celtic unless someone flings 30-40m at us to spend on a team of international footballers. Our Fans rejected this idea by rejecting Warburton when things started to go wrong.

So our option is to do what O'Neill done to Advocaat's team albeit on a smaller scale.
Said this a while back , we might need to outmuscle the title from them.

Back