Another 2 goals for David Turnbull today

The competition for him will be too strong and we will be outbid by other sides.

That’s fine mate, I misunderstood. Thought you were suggesting his ‘leanings’ would prevent him signing for us. Which isn’t the case. Motherwell fan through and through. Finances might.

I was on here a month or so ago saying that. :confused: Since then he’s scored another glut of goals though, by all accounts from those at the games, he’s not actually playing as well as he was. I also thought that Motherwell would bite at 7 figures because they still owe Hutchison and Boyle substantial sums of money. In fact, those two take around 50% of any incoming transfer fees.

I’ve upped my estimate to £2m - and I dint think we will be paying it. Off South, hopefully, if we don’t get him.

Think they will get even more than that but yeah I'd guess he will go down south.

Scored more goals than Ryan Kent, that Liverpool want £12m for. What’s your point?
Its completely different bargaining positions. Buying a highly thought of youngster from the team 2nd in the EPL whos had a really good season for Rangers versus buying a highly thought of 19 year old with less than a seasons worth of football from a team 8th in the SPL.

Stats only mean what you want them to as well. Windass scored more goals than Turnbull last season in all competitions and we got about £2m for him. Turnbull scored 10 of his goals in the last 11 or 12 games and i think they were all against teams who finished in the bottom 6 apart from 1 against Hearts. I dont even remember hearing name much when we played them and we were dog meat until we opened the scoring.

We should be in for him would be a decent option for one of our midfield three but Motherwell want a club record fee
Pay the fee.
Sweeten the deal by perhaps lending them a player or two.
We can do this.
But not to do so will be stupid.
You don't score fifteen goals from midfield at his age without having something about you.
When I look at our goal return from midfield, the most glaring fault with it is the lack of goals.
To miss out on this player would be nuts.
As for money spent, that will look after itself in time.

They can outbid us.
They can pay higher wages.
They can offer the potential to play in champs league this year.
They can probably afford to sign him and loan him back to motherwell for 6-12mnths to further develop.

Grim reading but true.
They don't have a manager, anyone signing for them would be nuts.
They are knee deep in a child abuse scandal...who wants to be associated to that?
They don't have Steven Gerrard.
They aren't Rangers.

What else do you need to know?

Turnbull bottled it for a hat trick with a "pass back" penalty too today.
I thought Scott Tiffoney of Livingston looked lively today also.

Its completely different bargaining positions. Buying a highly thought of youngster from the team 2nd in the EPL whos had a really good season for Rangers versus buying a highly thought of 19 year old with less than a seasons worth of football from a team 8th in the SPL.

Stats only mean what you want them to as well. Windass scored more goals than Turnbull last season in all competitions and we got about £2m for him. Turnbull scored 10 of his goals in the last 11 or 12 games and i think they were all against teams who finished in the bottom 6 apart from 1 against Hearts. I dont even remember hearing name much when we played them and we were dog meat until we opened the scoring.

The same dog meat we dropped points against that cost us the league. That’s facts.

I think Turnbull has the potential to be a top player, so I do think £3m is a bargain.

The same dog meat we dropped points against that cost us the league. That’s facts.

I think Turnbull has the potential to be a top player, so I do think £3m is a bargain.
So the 6 points dropped against Celtc, 5 against Aberdeen, 6 against Hibs and 7 so far against Kilmarnock didnt lose us the league then? We dropped 9 points in total against the bottom 6, including Motherwell. Id say the top 6 has been where weve needed the extra quality.

He might be a gamble worth taking but in our position he certainly doesnt represent a bargain.

Make a move now before it’s too late £2 million is peanuts for what he could bring us

Friends son played with him at Motherwell under 18 group. Still in touch with him he wants to move down south doesn’t want to sign for us or the scum. Take from that what you wish.

I'm going to go against the grain here and say I'm not convinced enough about the boy yet to shell significant cash for him.

He's clearly had a great season, particularly in the last two months but he was shocking agsinst us at Fir Park and its his first full season. For £2m the Rangers of today need quality and experience that will go straight into the first team and deliver. I'm not sure we could truly expect that of Turnbull - tin hat on

So the 6 points dropped against Celtc, 5 against Aberdeen, 6 against Hibs and 7 so far against Kilmarnock didnt lose us the league then? We dropped 9 points in total against the bottom 6, including Motherwell. Id say the top 6 has been where weve needed the extra quality.

He might be a gamble worth taking but in our position he certainly doesnt represent a bargain.

It’s ok for you to have a different opinion to me. I’d like to think playing with Rangers he’d kick on and contribute against all of the SPFL teams.

With his current contract situation and other clubs sniffing about, I believe £3m would be good business and we’d be able to sell him on for more in the future.

When I think about the money we have wasted in the past on the likes of Pena and Herrera etc. I don’t see him being as much of a risk, all signings are gambles. I just have a good feeling about him.

It’s ok for you to have a different opinion to me. I’d like to think playing with Rangers he’d kick on and contribute against all of the SPFL teams.

With his current contract situation and other clubs sniffing about, I believe £3m would be good business and we’d be able to sell him on for more in the future.

When I think about the money we have wasted in the past on the likes of Pena and Herrera etc. I don’t see him being as much of a risk, all signings are gambles. I just have a good feeling about him.
Without selling anyone £3m could be our entire transfer budget for the season and we're currently overflowing with midfielders. We would need to offload a few of them and sell Morelos for a bundle to allow us to throw £3m at someone who's still very unproven. £3m would even be a risk for Kent and he was one of the first names on our team sheet who performed really well in Europe and against Celtc, which are often the markers for our players.

If we hadn't completely spunked a relative fortune on others under Caixinha then we might be able to throw money at punts like these but we are where we are. We would need to be very convinced about a players ability before making them our biggest transfer of the last 10 years.

They don't have a manager, anyone signing for them would be nuts.
They are knee deep in a child abuse scandal...who wants to be associated to that?
They don't have Steven Gerrard.
They aren't Rangers.

What else do you need to know?

I dont need to know anything bro.

If it was me choosing, im joining rangers everyday of the week because of who am i, my background, my family, the way i was brought up and my love for the rangers.

For a young lad from wishaw with no affinity to us or them the simple fact is currently they can outbid us to motherwell.
They can also pay the lad higher wages than we can.
CURRENTLY they can dangle the champions league carrot in front of him and the fact that they have won the last 8 league titles.

These are all indisputable FACTS unpalatable they may be.

Without selling anyone £3m could be our entire transfer budget for the season and we're currently overflowing with midfielders. We would need to offload a few of them and sell Morelos for a bundle to allow us to throw £3m at someone who's still very unproven. £3m would even be a risk for Kent and he was one of the first names on our team sheet who performed really well in Europe and against Celtc, which are often the markers for our players.

If we hadn't completely spunked a relative fortune on others under Caixinha then we might be able to throw money at punts like these but we are where we are. We would need to be very convinced about a players ability before making them our biggest transfer of the last 10 years.

It’s naive not to strengthen positions because of the quantity of players we have. I think our midfielders are much the same as each other.

When was the last time we had a proper goal scoring midfielder? Arfield is scoring by playing further forward which is great. For me Turnbull has got great potential and currently obtainable.

All ifs and buts, but if we sell Alfredo for anything like £18m + rumoured then i’d be happy if we reinvested some of it by buying him. If we can get the fee down by giving Motherwell the likes of Lafferty, great.

My mate, who is a Motherwell fan, who has also seen him come through the ranks at youth level says he’s the best player he’s seen in the last 20 odd years of watching Motherwell. I know that’s not saying much, given Motherwell in general are dross.

A lot? I’m not so sure.

It’s not a position where we need to be going out spending £3m on a 19 year old.

Left back, striker, centre half and a number ten all much higher priority.
I would not pay £3m either.

Half of that and I would pay it.

It’s naive not to strengthen positions because of the quantity of players we have. I think our midfielders are much the same as each other.

When was the last time we had a proper goal scoring midfielder? Arfield is scoring by playing further forward which is great. For me Turnbull has got great potential and currently obtainable.

All ifs and buts, but if we sell Alfredo for anything like £18m + rumoured then i’d be happy if we reinvested some of it by buying him. If we can get the fee down by giving Motherwell the likes of Lafferty, great.

My mate, who is a Motherwell fan, who has also seen him come through the ranks at youth level says he’s the best player he’s seen in the last 20 odd years of watching Motherwell. I know that’s not saying much, given Motherwell in general are dross.
But we also lose money every season to the point weve need propped up by the directors dipping into their pockets. It'd be harder to convince them we need to put more money into centre mid when we have Kamara, Arfield, Davis, Jack, McCrorie, Holt, Rossiter, Docherty, Halliday and Dorrans there to fill 3 positions. Even if you take Halliday and McCorie out and class them as defenders you would probably still need to get rid of Holt, Dorrans and Docherty or Rossiter to make it a priority for the outlay it would cost.

I dont need to know anything bro.

If it was me choosing, im joining rangers everyday of the week because of who am i, my background, my family, the way i was brought up and my love for the rangers.

For a young lad from wishaw with no affinity to us or them the simple fact is currently they can outbid us to motherwell.
They can also pay the lad higher wages than we can.
CURRENTLY they can dangle the champions league carrot in front of him and the fact that they have won the last 8 league titles.

These are all indisputable FACTS unpalatable they may be.
Let us hope the lad is smart then.
Because it is better to join a club on the ascendancy than one on a slide.

Money talks, offer £2.5m and build your team round him. People on here were saying buy Kent for £6m +, this lad has scored far more in a poor team.
Football doesn’t work like that now I’m not saying he isn’t a good player but you can’t compare because it’s a totally different ball game playing for us.
O’halloren scored loads for st j remember.

This

Let us hope the lad is smart then.
Because it is better to join a club on the ascendancy than one on a slide.
If the lad has any sense he'll get out of this cesspit of a country and go develop himself and have a good career in England, although I'd prefer he signed for us!

Get the lad in .... Great friends with Hastie as well .

We should be getting the boys in and loaning them out - but this lad looks the real deal

People are forgetting the lure of working with Stevie Gerrard.
If he genuinely wants him talks to him then the lad will be here.

Pay the fee.
Sweeten the deal by perhaps lending them a player or two.
We can do this.
But not to do so will be stupid.
You don't score fifteen goals from midfield at his age without having something about you.
When I look at our goal return from midfield, the most glaring fault with it is the lack of goals.
To miss out on this player would be nuts.
As for money spent, that will look after itself in time.

Absolutely agree.

We keep hearing that a goal scoring midfielder will cost an arm and a leg. Well I reckon we could get this guy for a relatively decent fee.

15 goals at his age from midfield is obscene.

Its a different market down there. Most of us wouldve helped Waghorn empty his locker at the time then a fairly mediocre Championship season later he went for £6m.
It is but the fact is McGinn was and is a player but because he only played for Hibs folk said they wouldn.t pay £3m for him.

Its the same with Turnbull at Motherwell

The idea of paying £3m is fairly sensible business, providing it’s not our complete budget.

Everything suggests we could sell him for £10m in 2 seasons time.

This is exactly the model we need to exploit.

A good player shouldn’t leave Scotland before we get a season or two out of them. We’ve still got the financial muscle and pull to make that happen. (Outside a mentally challenged player, of course).

Get the lad in .... Great friends with Hastie as well .

We should be getting the boys in and loaning them out - but this lad looks the real deal

By all accounts the lad is grounded and an old head on young shoulders and is taking sound advice from the right people to steer his career.

I dont think his pal being with us is going to make the slightest difference.

Hope im wrong:))

It is but the fact is McGinn was and is a player but because he only played for Hibs folk said they wouldn.t pay £3m for him.

Its the same with Turnbull at Motherwell
McGinn had played 230 first teams games and had half a dozen caps for Scotland. £3m was still a lot of money but could probably be justified. Turnbull has 30 senior games under his belt and most of his goals came in the last couple of months of the season against the rest of the bottom 6.

McGinn had played 230 first teams games and had half a dozen caps for Scotland. £3m was still a lot of money but could probably be justified. Turnbull has 30 senior games under his belt and most of his goals came in the last couple of months of the season against the rest of the bottom 6.

Thats probably a fair point.

Problem is motherwell will get around £3 million for turnbull, we probably wont pay it however lower epl/top championship clubs will without blinking especially after the successes of mccarthur/mccarthy/mcginn.

The mentally challenged will also be in the mix i would think after seeing mcginn slip through their fingers.

Thats probably a fair point.

Problem is motherwell will get around £3 million for turnbull, we probably wont pay it however lower epl/top championship clubs will without blinking especially after the successes of mccarthur/mccarthy/mcginn.

The mentally challenged will also be in the mix i would think after seeing mcginn slip through their fingers.

I'm sure there were teams watching his development before even getting into the first team. People would kill for a goalscoring midfielder, so his value is pretty much going to be whatever the end result of a bidding war will be. If nobody offers more than a million, he'll be away for that. I think the English teams would happily gamble 1-2m, which is nothing to them. He looks like he has potential to be better than Mcginn, but like you're getting at, he could just be on an incredible run of form.

I'm sure there were teams watching his development before even getting into the first team. People would kill for a goalscoring midfielder, so his value is pretty much going to be whatever the end result of a bidding war will be. If nobody offers more than a million, he'll be away for that. I think the English teams would happily gamble 1-2m, which is nothing to them. He looks like he has potential to be better than Mcginn, but like you're getting at, he could just be on an incredible run of form.
About 15 years ago we might have chucked the £3m at them without thinking but we need to be a lot smarter with our money just now. Teams in the top 2 divisions in England are the opposite. £3m is chicken feed to them and as soon as one of them is interested were usually priced out the market.

He might be the real deal or he might just be on a purple patch and is riding a wave of hype. Look at Forrest. He had half a dozen really good games for Celtc and Scotland around the turn of the year and the hype from that won him player of the year.

I haven't seen him enough to confidently say either way about Turnbull but in our position we need to be very confident he is the real deal before we think about offering Motherwell £3m.

About 15 years ago we might have chucked the £3m at them without thinking but we need to be a lot smarter with our money just now. Teams in the top 2 divisions in England are the opposite. £3m is chicken feed to them and as soon as one of them is interested were usually priced out the market.

He might be the real deal or he might just be on a purple patch and is riding a wave of hype. Look at Forrest. He had half a dozen really good games for Celtc and Scotland around the turn of the year and the hype from that won him player of the year.

I haven't seen him enough to confidently say either way about Turnbull but in our position we need to be very confident he is the real deal before we think about offering Motherwell £3m.
Ryan Christie is another example of that. A few good games, but will level out in time. I do miss the days of being able to just pick up good players from every other team though...

3 gingie bottles and a vegan sausage roll from Greggs

Listen guys. This is really important. I mean serious.

I used to work for Greggs. There’s no such thing as a vegan sausage roll. It’s just the same sausage rolls as everyone else buys, but we put them in a separate area so as not to touch the ‘meat’ ones. But they all come out the same box. Don’t pay the extra 16p, just buy the regular ones.

Interesting we have watched this kid and yet we do not seem interested. Our midfield is very high Temp now and if you are replacing Jack as an attacking midfielder you need to play at high tempo and be able to go for the high press. You have to trust our manager to know what is a good midfielder considering he is one of the greatest to play that position.

Back