Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I’ve heard rumours of another documentary
Does anyone know if this is true?

If not this case needs to be shown to some serious investigative documentary makers

There needs to be answers on the following

1. Was there large payments made to the trophy centre in the 90s and if so why?
2. Was there non disclosures signed by victims and why?
3. Who all knew?
4. Who are the other 9 on Gerry McSherrys list?
5. Who over saw the 86 investigation and why was the police not involved?
6. What were the links to Bannell?
7. What was gong on at the Celtic cup?
8. Why was the comments by Macari, Brady etc not looked into?
9. What happened in both American incidents and why no police involvement?
10. Who agreed to take Torbett back?
11. What are the links between Kelly, Torbett and Saville?

This is only the stuff we know about
What don’t we know about?

Remember people have died though this

I think this is a lot bigger than we can imagine,disgusting creeps could possibly been videoing those young lads and who was that bastard photographer selling/showing those pictures to,do'nt tell me in what 20yrs nobody was ever in that cupboard where the bag was found,the whole thing reeks.

Weren’t those pictures just two months worth of pictures out of his 20 years employment ?

If not this case needs to be shown to some serious investigative documentary makers

3. Who all knew?

i would add on what involvement had tommy burns in all this

Religious cults work a little differently to the morals of any decent human.
He'd be a great mouth piece for the victims families as he would know everyone in media and political circles at home and abroad. Hopefully he feels it with the hassle and a big enough news story
He would be like a dog with a bone seeking justice for them, It will need the English media and wider UK government to go after them

£5mill seems surprising low. Both in terms of the scale of the abuse and in terms of Celtic fighting it so much. They waste that much money on 2/3 signings they make. You can see them trying to escape the reputational damage but that bird has flown and the longer that they deny it the worse it is for their publicity as it keeps it in the news.

You have to think that the real figure is far more than £5mill. Or that there is far more to uncover that they are still trying to hide. To be honest, the scale of it is frightening and it seems plausible that much wider horrific networks were involved especially given the Saville connection.

It won't be the £5m they're worried about. The convicted Celtic paedos so far will just be the tip of the iceberg.

Kevin Kelly's weirdo 'friendship' with Savile and O'Brien surely has someone looking at it. Some digging followed by a full investigation required to net this one.

It won't be the £5m they're worried about. The convicted Celtic paedos so far will just be the tip of the iceberg.

Kevin Kelly's weirdo 'friendship' with Savile and O'Brien surely has someone looking at it. Some digging followed by a full investigation required to net this one.

It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if the biggest revelation in all of this turned out to be that Kelly was part of the ring.

When you stop and think about it - Torbett being re-employed; the escalation of abuse; complaints by managers seemingly ignored - it would explain a lot.

It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if the biggest revelation in all of this turned out to be that Kelly was part of the ring.

When you stop and think about it - Torbett being re-employed; the escalation of abuse; complaints by managers seemingly ignored - it would explain a lot.
100% agree with you
I think Kelly was most likely involved
He would have been there in 86 when they cleared those involved internally

Is he still alive? If so he needs spoken to before he pops his clogs

Compensation lawyers will be calling everybody who played for them over the past 40-50 years soon enough

Bottom line..the club now needs there day in court..
I think the SNPs way out here will be to call for an enquiry into abuse in Scottish football
They are too sh*t scared to call for an enquiry into one club as they have far to much support/voters for that club.

They will be doing all they can to uncover something at Ibrox.

The bottom line here that can’t be forgotten is that a paedophile ring operated at celtic and the club 100% knew

A full enquiry is needed that has fu*k all to do with the SNP
The punishment for the club has to be massive if they are found to have known about it in court

Probably hundreds of lives have been ruined due to this and people have died through addiction and suicide

Anyone else a little suspicious of someone with a name like Patrick McGuire the lawyer representing so many of the victims collectively ?

Why do the victims not have individual lawyers ?

Is McGuire another Celtic place man appointed to ensure the compensation claims are kept down to a minimum ?

Saw this on Twitter

IMG-20190518-191743.jpg

CLUB PUNISHMENT

So it’s quite clear now that many many in power at Celtic knew what was happening and did nothing therefore allowing for an environment for abuse to take place

What’s everyone’s thoughts on what should or will happen to the club as way of punishment

The Americans didn’t mess about with their punishment to Penn state
I know our government are shi*e bags over here but there must be a punishment

These so called NDA's ( called so because nobody has seen them) published in public as concrete proof to sink that cesspit once and for all....or are the NDA's just a rumour?.
Who has them?
Why haven't they been published for.all to see?

Is this why the Mark Daly documentary has not been aired yet, are the filth putting pressure on him not to air it ?

I cannot imagine that Celtic FC are powerful enough to suppress a story like this. If pressure is being applied then I would presume that it is coming from more powerful organisation in media or politics who don’t want their own links to the Celtic ring uncovered.

You would have to hope that this is just piquing the interest of any competent investigative journalists.

Is it legal for compensation claims to be paid by others either directly or by giving it to the club first? What if the council or government decided to make a ‘donation’? They’ve got previous for dodgy deals. Not to mention the number of celebrity fans they have.

Anyone else a little suspicious of someone with a name like Patrick McGuire the lawyer representing so many of the victims collectively ?

Why do the victims not have individual lawyers ?

Is McGuire another Celtic place man appointed to ensure the compensation claims are kept down to a minimum ?

I’m sure the poster @Kaiserweiss posted he knows the lawyer on a personal level and stated he was a decent fella that was not a footy guy,and would not stop till he got justice for survivors.

If it wasnt the above poster I apologise in advance to them.

Does anyone know how to shorten the clip so it just contains the celtic part? I'll get it out on twitter once I am allowed back on it.
This would be good & could then be widely shared.Anyone able to help with this please?

CLUB PUNISHMENT

So it’s quite clear now that many many in power at Celtic knew what was happening and did nothing therefore allowing for an environment for abuse to take place

What’s everyone’s thoughts on what should or will happen to the club as way of punishment

The Americans didn’t mess about with their punishment to Penn state
I know our government are shi*e bags over here but there must be a punishment
I don't think its going to go down the way some people think. They won't be going bust or anything. I'd probably go as far to say as other then a dent in finance and reputation etc you won't see much if any difference in a footballing aspect. Can see it all being handled out of the public eye.

3. Who all knew?

Celtic did indeed continue to do business with Torbetts Trophy Centre AFTER Torbett was convicted in 1997 and the contract for his cheap plastic trinkets was stopped when discovered In 2001.

So throughout Torbetts first sentence SeperateEntity FC continued filling the bheasts pockets and I believe the final figure ran into thousands of pounds

I hope SeperateEntity fc can provide receipts for their business with Torbetts company between 1997-2001 because it looks to me CFC were paying Torbett to keep his gob shut

I want to stress that of course I hope the victims get justice, and that celtic football club take responsibility and accept appropriate punishment.

But, I have no personal link to any of this, so a part of me is hoping that this affects them on the field. Attracting players/management, transfer budgets etc. Winning the league next season would utterly devastate them.

I don't think its going to go down the way some people think. They won't be going bust or anything. I'd probably go as far to say as other then a dent in finance and reputation etc you won't see much if any difference in a footballing aspect. Can see it all being handled out of the public eye.

They will take a hit financially.

The SFA & SPFL instead of taking leadership will run a mile and take feck all to do with this.

Celtc will bow to pressure and make a payment to the victims. They will maintain it had feck all to do with them but have adopted this stance as it is the right and proper thing to do.

They will be heralded by their poodle media as a wonderful organisation true to their charitable heritage and perfect example of how clubs can deal with this.

There will be no need for an independent enquiry.

If it turns out any different I will be amazed.

I want to stress that of course I hope the victims get justice, and that celtic football club take responsibility and accept appropriate punishment.

But, I have no personal link to any of this, so a part of me is hoping that this affects them on the field. Attracting players/management, transfer budgets etc. Winning the league next season would utterly devastate them.
In my opinion, justice for the victims will not only include financial recompense. That would not be enough. REAL justice would be to see the club exposed for everything it has covered up for half a century and for individuals who were complicit in the cover up to go to prison. That includes the current incumbents who are still trying to protect the brand by claiming to be a separate entity.
A cold, callous, heartless claim that is causing more heartache for the victims of this sordid affair.
The whole swamp at Kerrydale Street needs to be drained, and the whole institution needs to be exposed for the untold grief it has caused to so many innocent individuals and families over the years.
Only then can justice be seen to have been done.

The SFA & SPFL instead of taking leadership will run a mile and take feck all to do with this.

Celtc will bow to pressure and make a payment to the victims. They will maintain it had feck all to do with them but have adopted this stance as it is the right and proper thing to do.

They will be heralded by their poodle media as a wonderful organisation true to their charitable heritage and perfect example of how clubs can deal with this.

Exactly what will happen.

depends the extent

i don't believe for a second those half dozen already convicted are alone in this

you simply can't operate on that level for that long without help from people in positions of real power

depends the extent

i don't believe for a second those half dozen already convicted are alone in this

you simply can't operate on that level for that long without help from people in positions of real power

The only thing that will see them brought to task is people power. The problem is there is not a chance in hell we will see a single SNP or Labour politician call for an enquiry.

There is zero chance the football authorities will get involved. Remember their placeman Doncaster is sat in both the SFA and SPFL and will be actively encouranging silence.

The other clubs will say feck all in fear of a boycott from the mhankies and the poodle media are already on message.

Mark my words. They will pay out and shamelessly attempt to seize the moral high ground. There media pals will see these bastards come out of this a few quid down but will be praised for their sympathetic approach in paying out when they really didn't have to.

D
Mark my words. They will pay out and shamelessly attempt to seize the moral high ground. There media pals will see these bastards come out of this a few quid down but will be praised for their sympathetic approach in paying out when they really didn't have to.

They could have tried to claim the moral high ground if they hadn't tried to play the "separate entity" card so shamelessly.

They've made their position clear and it's already been shown that no-one's buying it.

They'll come out of this very badly.

D

They could have tried to claim the moral high ground if they hadn't tried to play the "separate entity" card so shamelessly.

They've made their position clear and it's already been shown that no-one's buying it.

They'll come out of this very badly.

Hope your right mate.

The length of time this is taking is of great use to them, i know it takes time to gather evidence and statements etc but mean while they will be getting rid and changing all sorts with thin the company to show any relationship with the CBC or anyone attached with it.

Latest posts

Back