Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Wonder when Super MSP Dornan will announce on twitter he's going to write to his boss, asking, when she intents to address the issue of the child abuse scandal and the subsequent cover-up over at the chamber of secrets ?

She wasn't slow in speaking up about the 'great dignity shown' by Lennon who threw himself to the track after a pound coin hit him right on the padded jacket.

Krankie not having a single say on this sickening issue must be of great concern to Dornan surely.

Wonder when Super MSP Dornan will announce on twitter he's going to write to his boss, asking, when she intents to address the issue of the child abuse scandal and the subsequent cover-up over at the chamber of secrets ?

She wasn't slow in speaking up about the 'great dignity shown' by Lennon who threw himself to the track after a pound coin hit him right on the padded jacket.

Krankie not having a single say on this sickening issue must be of great concern to Dornan surely.

And to any modern democracy BBL :mad:

Why is it so hard to believe that it could exist?

Because I believe if they did exist we would have seen them by now.

All this talk of the Daily Record ready to go to print and then pulling the story is for the gullible loyal.

Like I said, I prefer to deal in facts.

It's a bit like McNeil and the open secret stuff. There is not a shred of evidence out there that proves he said it, but it gathered momentum over the years that people accepted it as fact. It's a popular misconception. An urban myth.

Again, all this talk of NDA's and affadavits make for good pub rumours and internet forums, but, again, not one shred of evidence has been produced to back these claims up.

I'd love you to prove me wrong. Somehow I don't think you ever will.

You will be proved wrong, not saying that in a nasty way but because I have been told by someone who has inside information. There will be further revelations coming.

Their history will kill them.

Seems to be an appropriate time to ask Murdoch MacLennan to comment as chairman of the SPFL.
The man who covered up the HSBC bank scandal when at the Telegraph is an expert at limiting damage and deflecting and hiding the truth according to this article, that's why he's there don't expect anything from him as Dave King also previously exposed his perceived conflict of interest when appointed to the SPFL. https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news...nterest-between-murdoch-maclennan-and-celtic/

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/why-i-have-resigned-from-telegraph/

This is the man who is quoting as saying about Rangers in Private Eye : Ah cannae stand the ba$tards.

Winning back the HSBC advertising account became an urgent priority. It was eventually restored after approximately 12 months. Executives say that Murdoch MacLennan was determined not to allow any criticism of the international bank. “He would express concern about headlines even on minor stories,” says one former Telegraph journalist. “Anything that mentioned money-laundering was just banned, even though the bank was on a final warning from the US authorities. This interference was happening on an industrial scale.

You will be proved wrong, not saying that in a nasty way but because I have been told by someone who has inside information. There will be further revelations coming.

Their history will kill them.

Of course there will be further revelations as the truth begins to unfold.

Unfortunately we won't be seeing any NDA's.

The man who covered up the HSBC bank scandal when at the Telegraph is an expert at limiting damage and deflecting and hiding the truth according to this article, that's why he's there don't expect anything from him as Dave King also previously exposed his perceived conflict of interest when appointed to the SPFL. https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news...nterest-between-murdoch-maclennan-and-celtic/

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/why-i-have-resigned-from-telegraph/

This is the man who is quoting as saying about Rangers in Private Eye : Ah cannae stand the ba$tards.

Winning back the HSBC advertising account became an urgent priority. It was eventually restored after approximately 12 months. Executives say that Murdoch MacLennan was determined not to allow any criticism of the international bank. “He would express concern about headlines even on minor stories,” says one former Telegraph journalist. “Anything that mentioned money-laundering was just banned, even though the bank was on a final warning from the US authorities. This interference was happening on an industrial scale.

He sounds like a perfect match for them Nemessis eh ?

Why not?

This is exactly the place for them to be disclosed. That way we can lock up the gates of Celtic Park and throw away the key.

The reason they haven't been seen or posted is that they don't actually exist.

All in my humble opinion of course.
Who has said they have them in their possession?

If these do exist then they are dynamite.

I have no reason to doubt those who suggest they are real as they seem to be a helluva lot more clued up on this subject than most on here

Time will tell.

Tomorrow’s opening price could be at risk I’d think ? Might be interesting to watch how it moves during the morning as this new data is analysed.

Would be interesting to see what would happen if @ftse & @lsegplc (London Stock Exchange) started to see links to news stories appearing on their twitter and social media feeds. A lot of people worldwide would see those stories.

If press had knowledge of NDAs they would have reported it.
The Mail today was the best coverage yet. It was explosive.
Surely they would have uncovered the issue .
I have my suspision this may be a red herring.
If there was previous hush money paid out I think it would likely be the creeps Kelly and McGinn involved rsther than the wee Guy with the bunnet.
The tabloids are masters at the drip drip effect. They goad the guilty into lie after lie , then they produce more evidence.
If it wasn't for the severity of the crimes, I would be enjoying this , but I can't.
I want this rancid club buried.

Wud be another Pr disaster for Celtic right enough if they did sue a victim

Fu.kin snookered all ways eh

Well those fuckers have probably given some poor family 10,000 or something like that mate. The family might be now looking & thinking that they’ll take the risk because they’ll maybe be due 5-10 times it.

From the tims viewpoint they will get potentially slaughtered if they take the family to court, esp if they’ve given them a pittance previously.

And of course this going public, if an NDA or two exist ( for Bill’s benefit ) will be massive from the tims perspective as it opens the floodgates big time for others.

Could be massive :D

Because I believe if they did exist we would have seen them by now.

All this talk of the Daily Record ready to go to print and then pulling the story is for the gullible loyal.

Like I said, I prefer to deal in facts.

Did you believe there was a secret insurer-led investigation before Saturday?

Your wee ‘deal with facts’ line is fair enough, here’s another fact: just because you haven’t seen one doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

You’re 100% correct to be sceptical, but demanding proof from a guy on the internet is a bit rich.

Would be interesting to see what would happen if @ftse & @lsegplc (London Stock Exchange) started to see links to news stories appearing on their twitter and social media feeds. A lot of people worldwide would see those stories.

Exactly. The word will be out in the market. I used to know one of these analysts & they do loads of research on their market sector. You can almost guarantee that I’d suggest.

I agree mate,let the authorities deal with it.Im sure Mr King said last year,something along the lines of,they will colllapse like a pack of cards.Cant vouch for that being the exact quote but it came across that he knew something was in the wind.If anybody can dig up the original quote it would be interesting to read it again.

I thought he was referring to us winning the league. Once we do that we cut off their supply to CL money and their decline will start once that's stopped due to their wage bill and other overheads etc.

@jf1960 you have been on the ball with everything you have said thus far mate.
There is no doubt that you have more information than the average Bear on how this will be played out, and I have absolutely no reason to distrust you regarding affidavits, Non Disclosure Agreements or that there is a high profile ex-Celtic player ready to reveal information hitherto unknown in the public domain.
Keep up the good work mate !

Agreed.

I think we need, as stupid as it may sound, a little reminder of how we should behave through all of this. Some comments, while probably meant well, sail very close to looking like glee and schadenfreude over what is happening. There is a delicate little game being played out in front of the world's media now and we need to be very careful not become dragged into a point scoring fight.

We should absolutely not talk about sporting sanctions for them until such times as everything that needs to happen for the victims has been concluded, as long as that may take. When we boil everything down, there is only one outcome that absolutely must be served and that is that any young man affected has justice on a personal level. If that club carry on with nothing other than financial loss to the victims, and that gives them all closure and allows them to rebuild their lives, then that is something we need to accept. It would be wrong, disgusting in fact, but the people who were affected would have what they needed and that is the most important thing by far. Once that has happened, we absolutely should be looking at their punishment, pushing for it, but I think we simply run a risk of clouding issues in a 'rivalry' and giving convenient sound-bites for people looking to deflect on their behalf.

We should not express anything other than hatred, disgust and disdain towards them. while it is absolutely natural, especially given what happened to us over something that falls so far below this threshold it is not even nearly in the same galaxy, any glee at what is happening looks and feels bad. It is easily portrayed as using victims of abuse to get one over on an enemy and it should be utterly avoided.

Rangers name should not, under ANY circumstances, be used in correspondence with sponsors, politicians or the media and for the same reasons. A concerned citizen raising an issue is not the same as a concerned Rangers fan raising an issue in the eyes of the world and we both drag the club into it and cheapen any point by doing it.

We should, absolutely, use every tool available to keep the profile of this as high as possible. Emails to commercial partners, pressure on MP's etc, it should all be happening. Not for Rangers, to ensure that the victims see the justice they need.

There will be all the time in the world for people to chase punishment once the victims are suitably compensated and every one of us needs to make sure we help them rather than add chaos to an already volatile situation.
Agree with every point you have made.

I hope you're right.i've been asking for proof of the NDA's on here for a while now.genuinely hope they surface soon and they get the full blown justice coming to them from all angles,along with the snp and police scotland for their parts in it.

If someone on here had "proof" of these NDA's, i'd personally rather they kept it off of here. If these NDA's are out there ( i believe they are) i don't want someone on here blowing it all by playing someone elses hand to celtic lawyers. They'll come out when time is right.

Its been alleged he said in court. However, he alludes to knowing about it, as did Lou Macari, going by this quote

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Second+boss+accused+as+boys+relive+abuse+agony.-a061256589

FIVE years ago, police in America were asked to probe claims that there had been an incident involving boys' club general manager Frank Cairney and a young boy during a trip to the USA.

The boy later played for Celtic's first team.

Police investigated, but no action was taken.

is this what they bought people's silence with?

I actually believe that to escape sanctions, they will bring us into it. They will say that any punishment on Celtic will be bad for Scottish football and that the game in this country needs a strong Celtic.......and then crucially......in an appeal to the knuckledraggers up and down the country, they will say that the only people who would benefit from such sanctions would be Rangers FC.

Pish.

Did you believe there was a secret insurer-led investigation before Saturday?

Your wee ‘deal with facts’ line is fair enough, here’s another fact: just because you haven’t seen one doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

You’re 100% correct to be sceptical, but demanding proof from a guy on the internet is a bit rich.
I’d be astonished if NDA’s DIDNT exist. It’s how corrupt people operate, like the abuser who buys kiddies sweets and gifts to keep their ‘secret’. The genie is out the bottle and the whole nauseating club needs rinsed. As for our ‘justice’ minister...the silence is damning, him and wee Nippy are already compromised with their omertà.

The tabloids are masters at the drip drip effect. They goad the guilty into lie after lie , then they produce more evidence.
If it wasn't for the severity of the crimes, I would be enjoying this , but I can't.
I want this rancid club buried.
Beg to differ. With a major story a newspaper would make sure they got their scoop out before being gazumped by a competitor.

Sticks n stones thing is a nonsense
The Tim’s said things enough times in 2012 that it became the truth that outsiders then believed

Smear campaigns can be very effective sadly even if untrue
Ok mate, you obviously want to keep this totally hypothetical nonsense going. That’s your prerogative.
But please consider this. What fucking evidence would they have to pull us down. Absolutely none. Do you think with the spotlight on them they would not look like deranged fools throwing allegations at us ? And that’s all they would be. The world would see through it. Evidence is everything. They have none. End of story.
This hypothetical scenario is just getting ridiculous now.
As @simply_the_best so eloquently explained earlier, it’s pish :)

I realize it's probably been pointed out but I don't think they'd go anywhere near suing a victim.

1. The PR alone would be dreadful
2. It would blow any notion of these clubs being distinct out of the water

I agree with you Papac. It would be a massive PR screw up, and once it’s public that there was one or more then the admission is already public anyway & the impact is there.

Let’s you and I not fall out over this @Blues and Royals. They can call us what they want. Sticks n stones n all that. As a fan base we have a very thick skin.
If they go down and decide to start shouting about the big bad Rangers they will look even more bitter and deranged that they already are. As I said mate, where is this evidence that we are cheats. It’s childish nonsense spouted by delinquents on social media. Whereas, if they go down for covering up these heinous crimes against innocent children, it will be due to the production of evidence.
I agree that they are guttersnipes who will go to any lengths to discredit our club. However, they are becoming more toxic by the day and their credibility as a club and as a fan base is now zero. They are drowning in their own lies.
As with most of these sayings, there is a flip side.
For sticks and stones read “mud sticks”.

Beg to differ. With a major story a newspaper would make sure they got their scoop out before being gazumped by a competitor.

I think the more likely scenario is that now that it’s a major story these fookers will be doing what they should originally have done & will be investigating for the next new headline tintin ?

As with most of these sayings, there is a flip side.
For sticks and stones read “mud sticks”.
I don’t know why we’re continuing to get bogged down with a completely hypothetical scenario. Mud sticks, evidence is everything. If and when scurrilous accusations are made against Rangers FC (hypothetically), we would expect to see evidence to back up the accusations. They mentally challengeds will have no evidence. They will not take us down with them. They will look like bitter, deranged fools.
Hypothetically, of course.

Back