Scotland v Argentina Women's World Cup

VAR isn’t the problem, it’s Fifa’s/Uefa’s rules.

I think it’s hard for the keeper as you need that leverage to dive. Maybe they need another line a yard out from the goaline they aren’t allowed to cross at penalties? I don’t know it’s just an idea.
Agree with this , the rule is the problem, and give an absolutely clueless ref var , this is the end result.

There must have been a hair in the keeper moving and it happens at every penalty. Heartbreaking end for those girls.
Them Argies celebrating like they've avoided execution on return home.
Hadn't made up my mind about VAR but i have now, get it to feck.

Someone at Der National got a tad overexcited :)):)):)):)):))

D9c8TdaXYAEfaMd.jpg

Been 3-0 up and losing that lead they cam be blame for that

But with the VAR and lack of extra time for that at the end is shocking

Wasn’t watching

Was the second penalty given because the keeper tripped up the penalty taker while she was trying to score with the rebound?

Absolute fukking joke

No it was retaken because our keeper was half a step off the line when the penalty was taken. Checked in with VAR after the save.

Why do managers make double changes so late in the game.

It disrupts the structure so much at such a critical stage of the game. I get that changes need to be made but two at the same time is crazy.

I’m sure the sub gave away the penatly
Why make the changes when you are defending a free kick?
Crazy!

They rewrote the rules so penalty takers couldn't stutter step on their run up, but never enforced it. Now with VAR, we're going to enforce this stupid goalkeeping rule. Idiotic.

As mentioned, anybody who misses a penalty anymore should be shot.

VAR is a fcking scandal and should be binned ASAP. A total abomination that was allowed to be re-taken.

As for a referee from North Korea WTF??

And don't even start about the added on time that NEVER took place. FIFA etc should hang their heads in shame.

To give her her dues, she's already scored a hat trick to single handedly win the World Cup Final and bring the trophy back to Pyongyang. At least she has according to North Korean State TV.

VAR wasn’t the issue here though - it was the change in rules regarding feet placement when facing a penalty kick. Referee could have ordered the retake without any VAR.

Not one person claimed for a retake - the referee wouldn't have been any the wiser without somebody in the VAR room telling her to take a look. The rule should only be for when the keeper blatantly moves off the line and not takes half a step just as contact is being made.

First game I've watched of this tournement.

Argentinians are hitting the deck at every opportunity.
Looking for a good win tonight and hopefully sneak through. After that then maybe relax a bit. Does look like
Hard on the lassies but they shouldn’t have allowed them back in, no one to blame but themselves
I don't think the mamag
Clueless management of a game by Scotland.
However, the officials have given them nothing and if this is how the rules are now going to affect the game through VAR then forget it.
A once great game now fckd as a spectator sport, stripped of all of its natural flow and its spontaneity sacrificed to the small print of an over fussy officialdom who are now taking centre stage instead of the players.

Oh, and the Argentines played like falling plates throughout the match and the referee bought every fall.
Some of their tackles were shocking and I don't remember a booking for any of them. In saying that if the manager is as good as they are making out she would have closed that out. Hope Solo called out her tactics in the first 2 games and she really ballsed it up again.

Ironically the pictures show her foot was on line and VAR was wrong. So not only hated but not even right.

Think the Ref was told to add 5 mins injury time and they meant from then and she looked at her watch seen 5 mins something and blew for full time a job in the Scottish Premiership awaits

Rachel Corsie, embarrassing interview. Hard as it is to accept, VAR and the ref didnt beat scotland, SCOTLAND beat Scotland!!! 3-0 up with 18 mins left and drawing, you only have yourself to blame, no one else. No excuses. 2nd goal for instance, the number 2 cuts out a thru ball and passes it straight back to the attacker. She puts that out the park and it stays 3-1.

That’s the 3rd pen in the tournament retaken for similar, booking seems harsh but they are well warned before it.

I can’t get my head round the lack of injury time, I just rewound it, it’s 7 mins from giving the penalty to scoring the the second one, then you have 6 subs in the second half, plus whatever other injuries etc and there was only 5 mins given?

Gutted the lassies are out but it's going to be hilarious when this rule is used for penalties in the mens game going forward. Absolutely every goal keeper comes of their line at a penalty! These muppets are slowly killing the beautiful game.

With cheating like that and all the associated frustrations and disappointments that go with it, I wonder how long it’ll be before fans of the women’s game are knocking %^*& out of each other. :)

Gutted for the girls but that ref should be sacked where was the added time?

Cannae tell me womans football isnt exciting that was a great game just a shame for the wee burd up front in tears at the end she has been excellent very good player..... but if they want to blame someone blame the manager she bawsed the first 2 games and she would done the same in the next stage.

The VAR decision on retake was correct but it was interesting that it was nothing to do with the ref, thats how it will be in Scotland this sort of thing will happen to us all the time.

Here’s the thing...how are going to get through penalty shoot outs with this nonsense. It could end up with sendings off and multiple retakes.
Haha.
Great point.
This is going to turn the game into a farce.
Tournament teams will need to take five goalkeepers because the yellow cards will surely mount up.

Gutted the lassies are out but it's going to be hilarious when this rule is used for penalties in the mens game going forward. Absolutely every goal keeper comes of their line at a penalty! These muppets are slowly killing the beautiful game.
Depends how you look at it. A penalty is a free kick at goal for a foul in the box. A goalkeeper coming of the line narrowing the angle is influencing the outcome. This seems to be an attempt to redress the balance.

Keeper would need to stand a yard behind the line then move forward to get any purchase in their leg/s to dive. Or just take the keeper out of the goal and let the taker have an open goal.

Who actually comes up with rules like this? Are they trying too kill the game

A penalty when the ball strikes the arm in an unnatural position- who is to say what is an unnatural position
Both feet must be on the line until the penalty is struck- just give a goal instead of a penalty. Not many will be saved that’s for sure

As for VAR I thought it would improve the game-wrong, it should be binned

So every time a keeper leaves their line on a penalty, they’re booked? Can you imagine the sending offs next year if this is implemented? No way are keepers changing their habits of a lifetime. Chaos is putting it lightly.
Booked for conceding a penalty then sent off for saving it.

Farcical.

Back