Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Would have thought that by now Mark Daly would have been champing at the bit with tasters on social media.Either it's a load of bull or he's been silenced in some way.Perhaps time for McShifty to earn his corn.Hope not, but as time passes, it seems more likely.

"Peter Lawwell, the club’s chief executive, announced club insurers had appointed a “wholly independent and experienced lawyer” to delve into the evidence of child abuse at Celtic Boys Club that has led to four former coaches being jailed." Does this mean it wasn't CFC who instigated the investigation?

If PL has anything to do with the appointment they will definitely be independent .

Independent of moral and the truth for starters!

"Peter Lawwell, the club’s chief executive, announced club insurers had appointed a “wholly independent and experienced lawyer” to delve into the evidence of child abuse at Celtic Boys Club that has led to four former coaches being jailed." Does this mean it wasn't CFC who instigated the investigation?

Good post NM.

I’m going to write to Marc Horne on this point. Where does this stand ? And especially with respect to the LSE ?

Agree, so we need to feed Marc Horne any new information we find Lainey.

Spot on GY, which is why I have re-sent all my original emails to every politician in every party with the following question!

Following my email dated 18/12/2018 there has been growing outrage and calls from prominent Scottish MP’s for a public enquiry, with this in mind I wondered if you had anything to add to your previous reply.

very important we all keep this going every single day

And that's why when I see this thread sliding off page 1 it gets a bump back on again,I've said in the past this thread is far too important to be off page 1 at any given time because the information given about they creepy bastards simply cannot be found anywhere else,at least not by me anyway.

Well maybe it’s time these “insurers” were put under pressure to divulge or reply to their findings.

The Times are all over the scummy bastards now
The Times aren't all over them .
But they are being more honest than any media in Scotland .
It should be front page news CFC/CBC facilitated a peadophile ring and to this day they are trying their utmost to cover it up .

This action is protecting the predators and causing mental anguish to the victims .

People are scared to discuss it as to do so they will be called bigots by the Nationalist political elite and media who are aiding the cover up .

Spot on GY, which is why I have re-sent all my original emails to every politician in every party with the following question!

Following my email dated 18/12/2018 there has been growing outrage and calls from prominent Scottish MP’s for a public enquiry, with this in mind I wondered if you had anything to add to your previous reply.

Well done Lainey.

Hope you are keeping well ;)

And that's why when I see this thread sliding off page 1 it gets a bump back on again,I've said in the past this thread is far too important to be off page 1 at any given time because the information given about they creepy bastards simply cannot be found anywhere else,at least not by me anyway.

It’ll slide off more often with the season about to begin, especially if we start well. If you don’t see it, bump it.

Try to get him to find out exactly who is carrying out this supposed 2-year investigation as this has never been divulged - as far as I know anyway.

Personally, I think it was just a diversionary tactic by Lawwell

That’s going to be my angle TB - the 2 yr investigation & the possible LSE implications of it, whether it happened or not. Either way issues & questions are raised.

It’ll slide off more often with the season about to begin, especially if we start well. If you don’t see it, bump it.

It should be made a sticky.

It should be made a sticky.
Definitely agree with this.

The feckin brassneck of this character.
The 4 jailed people had allegations made against them before your “investigation “, not because of your “investigation “ you piece of shit.

What info do we have on this documentary we’re hearing about? Is it confirmed that’s its real?

Daniel Gordon,the man behind the bafta winning Hillsborough documentary is currently doing large and wide ranging expose on child abuse in U.K. Football.It will likely be aired next year Ive been told.Its a 3 parter with each one lasting 90 minutes.Celtic are at the heart of it time and time again with not only their ring and cover up but their links to Barry Bennell and more.

The person I know who's close to this thru friends that were abused and who's been supporting the Gray family has recently been interviewed at length for the documentary and he's left nothing in the tank in regards to letting Gordon know exactly what's went on at Celtic and what continues to go on.I been told the award winning film maker couldn't believe that people(the media/office bearers)hadint joined all the dots up before now.

The way the tims have handled this since the convictions is equally baffling and shameless.They could(Lawwell and the board)have fessed up,issued personal and public apologies and compensated all the victims as well as helping expose Kelly,McGinn etc.Instead they've lied about CBC and their connections,paid money to change the name to St pats,hired a trashy PR company in an attempt to contain it,have been in contact with no victims and asked victims to prove they played for CBC.

The current board had one final chance to do the right thing and even possibly earn some praise for helping bring about justice for this sins of the past but they're now as compilicet as far as I'm concerned.

Between Thompson's lawayers,the documentary and fingers crossed a full scale public inquiry,I hope they finally get torn to shreds for what's went on and the victims and connected families finally get the justice they deserve.

"A club like no other" indeed!

Last edited:
Daniel Gordon,the man behind the bafta winning Hillsborough documentary is currently doing large and wide ranging expose on child abuse in U.K. Football.It will likely be aired next year Ive been told.Its a 3 parter with each one lasting 90 minutes.Celtic are at the heart of it time and time again with not only their ring and cover up but their links to Barry Bennell and more.

The person I know who's close to this thru friends that were abused and who's been supporting the Gray family has recently been interviewed at length for the documentary and he's left nothing in the tank in regards to letting Gordon know exactly what's went on at Celtic and what continues to go on.I been told the award winning film maker couldn't believe that people(the media/office bearers)hadint joined all the dots up before now.

Thanks a lot for that detailed summary Haining.;)

I'm surprised you're surprised.
Well I'm all ears. Because if and when these charities do engage and start embarrassing the politicians publicly in this country, the pressure for an independent enquiry will likely become intolerable and nothing those filthy scum at Holli-complicit do will be able to stop the shitstorm.

You clearly have a theory as to why this isn't happening so please share it.

The way the tims have handled this since the convictions is equally baffling and shameless.They could(Lawwell and the board)have fessed up,issued personal and public apologies and compensated all the victims as well as helping expose Kelly,McGinn etc.Instead they've lied about CBC and their connections,paid money to change the name to St pats,hired a trashy PR company in an attempt to contain it,have been in contact with no victims and asked victims to prove they played for CBC.

The current board had one final chance to do the right thing and even possibly earn some praise for helping bring about justice for this sins of the past but they're now as compilicet as far as I'm concerned.

Between Thompson's lawayers,the documentary and fingers crossed a full scale public inquiry,I hope they finally get torn to shreds for what's went on and the victims and connected families finally get the justice they deserve.

"A club like no other" indeed!

Excellent post.

Ultimately, it really is the untold sufferings of the victims, and their battle to get justice and an apology from those in CFC who knew and did nothing like enough to stop it, that is at the very heart of this.

I truly feel heart sorry for your friends who suffered so horribly and who continue to suffer.

Keep up the good work, guys. You’re an absolute credit to yourself and wonderful advocates for your friends. I wish all of you every success with these endeavours on their behalf

And it’s as simple as that Renfrew.
I'm No hack bluenose,but it shows quite clearly that any journalist could ask this simple question. Why after so many years as celtic boys club,did you change the name,quite conveniantly just before this storm breaks. If any tims are doing their bidding as they always do,just ask them,because the Japanese won't do an interview, unless it's on his terms.

I'm No hack bluenose,but it shows quite clearly that any journalist could ask this simple question. Why after so many years as celtic boys club,did you change the name,quite convenianty just before this storm breaks. If any tims are doing their bidding as they always do,just ask them,because the Japanese won't do an interview, unless it's on his terms.
Like you said. What other club would change their boys club name when they can gain worldwide financially. Another failed deflection tactic from liewell.

@Haining84 as usual great information and posting my friend,and every body thought wee McCann was a guy who confronted this head on.

He was back in Glasgow a few months ago at a function with them.

Torbett was first jailed in November 1998
The £250k/year contract was ended in 2002, ie There would have been payments made in 1999,2000, 01 and 02. Fergus resigned in April 1999.
Did Fergus sign this contract before he resigned, or was it signed just after he left?
imo it is highly unlikely that he would have considered doing this, but perhaps whilst packing up his £40m profit, he said fukk it, I'm outta here next week anyway.
He was the only person in authority at Celtc who called the polis. He was roundly booed for being a grass, by the Celtc faithful fru and fru, as he unfurled the SPL flag that stopped 10 in a row.

Last edited:
Back