Rangers Statement - no candidate for the manager's job has yet been interviewed

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are determined to go down the interview route surely that is an issue with McInnes. If we can’t talk to him without Dolly permission?
I want him to get it but if we only interview to make sure no one is better then go for him hasn’t it been a waste of time and resource? OR is that justl due diligence?

So millionaires don't have mortgages? Oh dear. Your ignorance knows no bounds.

My point was youre full of wind and bluster implying that youre a millionaire now just the same as you implied McInnes was going to be the new manager then challenged about it said it was just a feeling but you would bet your house on it shows how intelligent you really are.

You are either 2 things a Troll or a full blown mentally challenged, Out of interest what was your users name on the old board Dakota by any chance ?

Last edited:
It's the compensation stuff mate. Stuff to be negotiated between 2 clubs that don't like each other.

Having thought about it, despite mine and other's rage on Friday, that statement was just a bit of chess.

It certainly felt like it was in response to something rather than a simple update of where we are, but I don’t really see what it hopes to achieve if the intention was to pressure Aberdeen to budge on the compo.

So we’re saying, “Fine, we’ll look elsewhere then!” and Milne is supposed to go, “No, no, wait, let’s make it £750k then”, or whatever the figure is we’re looking for?

I don’t see it.

If he has a clause then there is no negotiations or are you making out to be ITK again.
That’s the trouble, nobody knows for sure if he has a clause or not. If he does then it’s fairly black and white, we either pay it or we don’t. But if he doesn’t then it makes things far more complicated, especially since we aren’t exactly flush with cash at the moment.

MmBKV8X.gif

The collective mindset of FF if we don't get a manager in the next week.

We should trust the DoF, even though his say is final. However, I think King will overrule if he feels he needs to. Remember, the DoF was appointed by the same people who fucked up the appointment of our last manager.

That’s the trouble, nobody knows for sure if he has a clause or not. If he does then it’s fairly black and white, we either pay it or we don’t. But if he doesn’t then it makes things far more complicated, especially since we aren’t exactly flush with cash at the moment.
DOesnt a clause just make it automatic we can talk to him. You can negotiate up to that value surely ?

You are correct we are only taking rumours and the rags word for the fact he has a clause .

If we were struggling to agree with Dolly it would be plastered everywhere no doubt about it.

The statement appears to be factual as even the last time we knew things were happening this time not a sniff.

It certainly felt like it was in response to something rather than a simple update of where we are, but I don’t really see what it hopes to achieve if the intention was to pressure Aberdeen to budge on the compo.

So we’re saying, “Fine, we’ll look elsewhere then!” and Milne is supposed to go, “No, no, wait, let’s make it £750k then”, or whatever the figure is we’re looking for?

I don’t see it.
I don't either. It makes no sense to me. How can negotiations be conducted from the position we want your manager, however, we don't want to pay the value of his release clause because we don't think he's worth that much. We want your manager but only if he's cheap.
What does make sense to me is we are in the midst of a process. Viable candidates will be identified after applications close at the end of next week. No approaches will be made until the viable options stage of the process is reached.

My point was youre full of wind and bluster implying that your a millionaire now just the same as you implied McInnes was going to be the new manager then challenged about it said it was just a feeling but you would bet your house on it shows how intelligent you really are.

You are either 2 things a Troll or a full blown mentally challenged, Out of interest what was your users name on the old board Dakota by any chance ?

Try learning the difference between their and there, and your and you're. It might make you appear less dense than you are, though I doubt it.

If we are determined to go down the interview route surely that is an issue with McInnes. If we can’t talk to him without Dolly permission?
I want him to get it but if we only interview to make sure no one is better then go for him hasn’t it been a waste of time and resource? OR is that justl due diligence?

I would doubt that’s an issue. Pretty sure there would be discussions to allow the interview to take place but no agreement on hiring him could be done until compensation agreed.

Three way discussion between Aberdeen, Rangers and McInnes where he could simply request to do the interview.

I think refusal to speak is more to do with actual contractual offers than interviewing. However, in the real world I think we all know that many of these things are discussed and worked out unofficially in the background anyway with agents pulling strings.

It's the compensation stuff mate. Stuff to be negotiated between 2 clubs that don't like each other.

Having thought about it, despite mine and other's rage on Friday, that statement was just a bit of chess.

The RO account was tweeting stuff getting digs in at McInnes after the statement though. I'm actually embarrassed by the RO recently in all honesty.

I don’t see it.
What if you have a situation where McInnes has told the sheep board he wants to go to Rangers?

It's bargaining and negotiation.

None of this is fact btw, merely opinion.

The RO account was tweeting stuff getting digs in at McInnes after the statement though. I'm actually embarrassed by the RO recently in all honesty.
It wasn't digs at McInnes it was digs at journalists.

They seriously misjudged the mood of the support.

They thought we'd be happy to see journos with egg on their face when in fact everyone was like 'aye but what the fucks happening with the new gaffer'

They fucked up.

I don't either. It makes no sense to me. How can negotiations be conducted from the position we want your manager, however, we don't want to pay the value of his release clause because we don't think he's worth that much. We want your manager but only if he's cheap.
What does make sense to me is we are in the midst of a process. Viable candidates will be identified after applications close at the end of next week. No approaches will be made until the viable options stage of the process is reached.

I don’t see the time it’s taking to have been factored in from the start. I suspect we’ve approached McInnes in some capacity but have hit a stumbling block - the compensation; his personal demands; issues with the DoF structure, or whatever, and are now back to looking at alternatives.

I’m not confident we’re on top of this at all. Our recent track record (the handling of Warburton’s departure, the bungling over Ross Wilson and the DoF role in March, the off its tits appointment of Pedro) doesn’t instil a great amount of assurance.

What if you have a situation where McInnes has told the sheep board he wants to go to Rangers?

It's bargaining and negotiation.

None of this is fact btw, merely opinion.
McInnes will be waiting for us to approach him I bet. Why would he approach the Aberdeen board when there's been zero official contact ?

If it's taking this long, then surely we'll get a nice surprise/decent name. If it's a completely underwhelming appointment, especially considering how long it's taken, then the knives will be out.

Try learning the difference between their and there, and your and you're. It might make you appear less dense than you are, though I doubt it.
[QUOTE="King Kenny Miller, post: 409698, member: 8145

Says the guy who deploys a French phrase and gets it entirely wrong, it’s tout suite not ‘toot sweet’ genius and it translates in English as ‘right now’.

You might want to sanity check your own contributions on what is a pretty casual medium if you are going to critique those of others.

I think what I'm really trying to say here is Allen or King should be on the blower today telling Derek McInnes to get his arse down to Glasgow toot suite! HE'S OUR MAN!

Stop fannying about Rangers! Go get him![/QUOTE]

I know well the difference where is thier or there in the above statement or are you such a mentalist you've been saving that one up.

So as well as a Millionaire and a mentally challenged troll you are now an English teacher I very good .

If you have any more comments to
Make especially personal ones take them to DM instead of clogging the tread up with rubbish as I am sure most people don't want them see pictures and get English lessons it is a thread about the board statement your just all upset as Derek hasn't got the job.

I don't think he's desperate for the job I think he would like yes but definitely not desperate for it he knocked back £1 million a year for Sunderland probably double what we can pay him so he's not looking for more money he has plenty of admirers football wise I would say a premiership job is bigger yes the only thing is he's a rangers fan but then look how some the folk on here are talking about him and he's not even in the job would you be desperate for that?

2d7vo0n.gif[

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

There is negotiating and then there is just taking the piss. If we want McInnes and he has a release clause in his contract, we need to pay it. It's really simple.

I'll concede that if our intention was to go after McInnes from day one, it does seem like a meaningless delay.

If it's not though... Well there are a whole host of legitimate reasons for a delay of this length.

Guess we'll see soon enough!

Bomber done our speakers night last night, he didn't give much away but did say the bookies are rarely wrong!
Which is true BUT someone close to a current coach uttered the words McClaren recently. So I'd say that not even the players, coaches, scouts have any idea yet either.
We will just have to wait a few weeks and find out I guess.

Reactions: M@x
I can’t shake the feeling that this is boiling down to Allen not being on the same page as DK/the board on DM.

I doubt there’s smoke without fire regarding the board’s preference for McInnes.

I also think if they had consensus on his suitability from the DoF, he’d be in the door by now. I don’t see the compo being the difference between going for him by now or not. If he’s who we want, moves would’ve been made.

Ultimately I think the statement, if at all necessary, should have been better written to simply say we haven’t approached anyone yet and are still reviewing suitable candidates.

The detail of the statement has caused more rumour and speculation than it has quelled. Not sure if it’s a Traynor one, but if it is it is yet another reason to highlight the incompetence of the club’s PR in all honesty.

I would be content with McInnes but it would make absolutely no sense whatsoever to spend 3-4 weeks sitting inviting applications only to appoint the guy we should’ve appointed back in March. It makes even less sense in that there’s been a two week international break that would have been the perfect opportunity for the new man to come in and work with the players well in advance of the Sheep double header.

It makes complete sense if there was other candidates they've not yet had the opportunity to interview.

It has caused a thread or two on messageboards.

Meanwhile in the reality of the outside world hardly a ripple that I'm aware of.

Aye. Fair comment. However, I have spoken to several bears since Friday who are further baffled and frustrated rather than feeling happier.

Which is true BUT someone close to a current coach uttered the words McClaren recently. So I'd say that not even the players, coaches, scouts have any idea yet either.
We will just have to wait a few weeks and find out I guess.

For what its worth he said Mcclaren is not on the list.

An utterly pointless statement which opens the club up to ridicule and generates an argument among the supporters as we see here.

If there's no real update then just work on it and update us once something has actually happened.

It doesn't require anything as substantial as a statement from the Club to generate arguments of FF mate:D. I've not seen any meaningful 'ridicule' either.

It doesn't require anything as substantial as a statement from the Club to generate arguments of FF mate:D. I've not seen any meaningful 'ridicule' either.

Fair point on the argument on FF :D

Nah not substantial just your normal twitter shite, makes the club look clueless etc. I know it's stuff that won't bother a lot of folk but it still doesn't reflect well.

Every day I come in here, feel a bit of nervous excitement as I open the forum , and every day is a damp squib. It's starting to look like we have to wait until December before we get our man , whoever it may be . I'll be shocked now if it's mcinnes , there must be s genuine reason for this delay .

Last edited:
Every day I come in here, feel a bit of nervous excitement as I open the forum , and every day is a damp squid . It's starting to look like we have to wait until December before we get our man , whoever it may be . I'll be shocked now if it's mcinnes , there must be s genuine reason for this delay .

Seriously? :D

I'd be surprised mate as I think he seems pretty content at Aberdeen.

Really hope McInnes is the man we get though.
He would be there is a lot less pressure being aberdeen manager than there is rangers manager.finishing second to celtic with a points difference of between 15 -31 points is more than likely acceptable to aberdeen fans .it shouldn,t be to rangers fans.

He would be there is a lot less pressure being aberdeen manager than there is rangers manager.finishing second to celtic with a points difference of between 15 -31 points is more than likely acceptable to aberdeen fans .it shouldn,t be to rangers fans.

McInnes was a player for us when we won 9IAR. I don't think he's blind to the expectation levels at our club.

McInnes was a player for us when we won 9IAR. I don't think he's blind to the expectation levels at our club.

Exactly, he knows what will be required if he is given the job.
I still think at this moment he is the right man for us, but I'm not sure the board will go for him now- feel they would have approached him before now if he was their man. Hope I'm wrong though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back