Rangers Statement - no candidate for the manager's job has yet been interviewed

Status
Not open for further replies.
McInnes was a player for us when we won 9IAR. I don't think he's blind to the expectation levels at our club.
If that's what qualifies him for the job then we are aswell bringing in Richard Gough or John Brown instead.Both know exactly what's required more than anybody from the NIAR era.

Every day I come in here, feel a bit of nervous excitement as I open the forum , and every day is a damp squib. It's starting to look like we have to wait until December before we get our man , whoever it may be . I'll be shocked now if it's mcinnes , there must be s genuine reason for this delay .

This recruitment process sure does seem to have been tough on you Mark.

If that's what qualifies him for the job then we are aswell bringing in Richard Gough or John Brown instead.Both know exactly what's required more than anybody from the NIAR era.

I didn't say that qualifies him for the job on its own. My post was in reply to an assertion that he would be happy to settle for 2nd because Aberdeen are happy with that ie he doesnt understand our expectation levels as a club/fanbase. It's a nonsense assertion quite frankly.

This due dilligence patter really gets on my tits. It's a cop-out. We took a month to appoint Caixinha after carrying out dd and we all know how that one went.

This isn't rocket science, though our dithering board make it look like it.

Draw up a shortlist of three candidates. Go for the guy you want most and do everything in your power to get him. If he says no you approach options 2 and 3.

The powers that be got it badly wrong with Warburton and even more so with Caixinha. I'm not convinced we have the right people at the Club to get the right man this time either. Robertson and Park should be nowhere near the selection process for a start.

I think what I'm really trying to say here is Allen or King should be on the blower today telling Derek McInnes to get his arse down to Glasgow toot suite! HE'S OUR MAN!

Stop fannying about Rangers! Go get him!
Quite glad you are not in charge then.....

I'd managed to settle myself and accept mcinnes mate and then everything seemed to grind to a halt.

A waiting game now very frustrating for everyone.

You really need to calm down mate. You're on the edge :D

34y1rp2.jpg[

so we dont know who the manager is but we have a poster using the term "damp squid".

Well Im content now. Thread has delivered. Ive been trying to speak to my neighbour who is a relative of DM but havent seen him in passing in about 3 weeks due to my current shifts.

so we dont know who the manager is but we have a poster using the term "damp squid".

Well Im content now. Thread has delivered. Ive been trying to speak to my neighbour who is a relative of DM but havent seen him in passing in about 3 weeks due to my current shifts.

He's hiding from you in case you pester him again..

I didn't say that qualifies him for the job on its own. My post was in reply to an assertion that he would be happy to settle for 2nd because Aberdeen are happy with that ie he doesnt understand our expectation levels as a club/fanbase. It's a nonsense assertion quite frankly.
You really need to read the post i said that aberdeen were happy with second .at no point did i say that mcinnes personally was.also your rather silly post about mcinnes being part of the 9iar squad so he,ll know what to expect .there is a massive difference in being a player than a manager.

So effectively we are putting the task of getting a manager with a guy that came from Man City youths?

It’s like we just love making things hard for ourselves.

So effectively we are putting the task of getting a manager with a guy that came from Man City youths?

It’s like we just love making things hard for ourselves.

Who do you want to 'lead' the recruitment process - bearing in mind Allen has a part to play but will not be the final decision-maker?

I can’t shake the feeling that this is boiling down to Allen not being on the same page as DK/the board on DM.

I doubt there’s smoke without fire regarding the board’s preference for McInnes.

I also think if they had consensus on his suitability from the DoF, he’d be in the door by now. I don’t see the compo being the difference between going for him by now or not. If he’s who we want, moves would’ve been made.

Ultimately I think the statement, if at all necessary, should have been better written to simply say we haven’t approached anyone yet and are still reviewing suitable candidates.

The detail of the statement has caused more rumour and speculation than it has quelled. Not sure if it’s a Traynor one, but if it is it is yet another reason to highlight the incompetence of the club’s PR in all honesty.

Punt Allen then, DOF model wil never take off here.

Who do you want to 'lead' the recruitment process - bearing in mind Allen has a part to play but will not be the final decision-maker?

If he’s a director of football shouldn’t it be his final decision?

The fact we actually have a DOF probably mor than halfs our choice managers can’t stand them.

Would Rodgers work under One?

The fact we actually have a DOF probably mor than halfs our choice managers can’t stand them.

No.

Many clubs (certainly in the EPL) have a DoF system of sorts - some call it a Sporting Director - these days and it is prevalent on the continent, so I disagree.

Didn't he work under a similar system at Liverpool.

EDIT: Wenger doesn't like it - and he's bloody foreign:D - but this article includes a list of EPL clubs who have a DoF or similar as at earlier this year. Looks about 50/50.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rubbishes-Arsenal-director-football-talk.html

Last edited:
No.

Most clubs (certainly in the EPL) have a DoF system of sorts these days and it is prevalent on the continent, so I disagree.

Think it was a transfer committee or something along those lines.

Maybe it works I don’t know but to me it seems like a cluster fun for nothing at this point in our revival.

King has been here before under previous ownership

Over the last quarter of a century we've won more than anybody and during this period - even with a 4 year exile for falling victim to fraudsters - we've only had one former plAyer as permanent manager and he wasn't the best, never guiding us to any top flight trophies during his period as Rangers manager.

It doesn't require anything as substantial as a statement from the Club to generate arguments of FF mate:D. I've not seen any meaningful 'ridicule' either.

Seemed to me that the purpose of the statement was to have a dig at other journalists. Traynor making an arse of things again blinded by hack rivalry. What sort of brainless oaf thinks publicly admitting the club had and have no plan to replace the manager is sound PR strategy?

Seemed to me that the purpose of the statement was to have a dig at other journalists. Traynor making an arse of things again blinded by hack rivalry. What sort of brainless oaf thinks publicly admitting the club had and have no plan to replace the manager is sound PR strategy?

Gym Trainer is an embarrassment to R F C.

You have no idea whats going on in the background.

Yeah lets just ignore 150 CV's and make a lazy appointment because some people are getting their knickers in a twist that its already taken 2 week's.

What if a Thomas Tuchel for instance has thrown his hat in the ring but has asked for 1.5 -2 Million a year plus a 15 Million transfer kitty we are interested but trying to work out if we can finance it.

Not saying for one minute that's whats happening but a similar situation could be playing out.

So waiting just jumping in for McInnes would be a lazy appointment.

Exactly - everyone wants a new Manager yesterday but I’d rather wait and see who applies and draw a shortlist from there.

It’s how most businesses operate and like every process there’ll be a few non-runners and a few you might not have expected to apply.

For the sake of a couple of weeks I’d like to see who’s out there before approaching McInnes even if that’s what is going to happen eventually.

I hope they don't wait too long and then panic to appease fans and pick anyone that comes across good we need a manager that is going to get Rangers winning titles again not settling for second best and for the record I don't think McInnes is the man to do it.

go chap his door and ask him.....

No.

Many clubs (certainly in the EPL) have a DoF system of sorts - some call it a Sporting Director - these days and it is prevalent on the continent, so I disagree.

EDIT: Wenger doesn't like it - and he's bloody foreign:D - but this article includes a list of EPL clubs who have a DoF or similar as at earlier this year. Looks about 50/50.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rubbishes-Arsenal-director-football-talk.html
Don't have an issue with a DOF in principal, overlooking scouting and academy.

Even if we have a good manager doing well and he's poached from a team in a bigger league, he can identify managers with similar assets, see Southampton.

I just think for this specific appointment he shouldn't be calling the shots; very obvious what we need, he's not been here that long etc.

Allen may go onto do a great job for us, I hope he does. However, this appointment is massive and he doesn't really know the pressures of Rangers yet. I'd tell him to watch and learn and hopefully he can do the headhunting in the future.

Why are people saying lets wait and see who applies for the job ? the only people who can apply are people without a job.

We should be approaching the main men we want not waiting for cvs from unemployed workers.

Precisely. I really am not a fan of the model. Always seems to end in tears. We would be better off using the salary to attract a better Manager.

I hate international weekends.....

Anyway, we wait patiently.....and we wait.

Club did well releasing a statement, it lets us know nothing is going to happen for at least another ten days.

Good, let's chill for ten days.....

Then go back to the rivetting McInnes is shite, naw he isnae claim and counter claim....
McInnes won nine in a row as a player, he'll win ten in a row as a manager...
McInnes is such a bear he would swim through a loch full of piranha fish just to clean the player's boots...
McInnes blah blah blah de blah blah blah (fill in any nonsense you can think of, but avoid the truth at all cost).....

Haud me back :):):)

Why are people saying lets wait and see who applies for the job ? the only people who can apply are people without a job.

We should be approaching the main men we want not waiting for cvs from unemployed workers.

Not the case at all. Agents of managers in current jobs will make it known their man is interested even if they don’t want to make a formal application themselves.

Do you think you’re not allowed to apply for better jobs if you’re currently employed ?

We've done nothing for 2 weeks plus it seems, the board are absolutely feeling the heat from the fanbase. They will be bricking it with this decision

Do you not think that a managers representative might contact the club on the quiet to say that their client would be available for x amount.

Not the case at all. Agents of managers in current jobs will make it known their man is interested even if they don’t want to make a formal application themselves.

Do you think you’re not allowed to apply for better jobs if you’re currently employed ?
I didnt think managers who where at a club could, i thought they had to be approached but guess i was wrong.

Do you not think that a managers representative might contact the club on the quiet to say that their client would be available for x amount.
Yes of course they could do that, my point is the decent mabagers will be with a club and we have to approach them, not wait for 500 p1sh cvs to come in like as Asda checkout job.

I hate international weekends.....

Anyway, we wait patiently.....and we wait.

Club did well releasing a statement, it lets us know nothing is going to happen for at least another ten days.

Good, let's chill for ten days.....

Then go back to the rivetting McInnes is shite, naw he isnae claim and counter claim....
McInnes won nine in a row as a player, he'll win ten in a row as a manager...
McInnes is such a bear he would swim through a loch full of piranha fish just to clean the player's boots...
McInnes blah blah blah de blah blah blah (fill in any nonsense you can think of, but avoid the truth at all cost).....

Haud me back :):):)
Bet you feel better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back