UEFA order us to close a stand against Legia

The club coming out against the fans is not the leadership we need.

It's really time for the club to grow a spine and defend us while giving very clear guidelines about acceptable behaviour.

The fans are crying out to be lead.

I concede we shouldn't sing TBB on European nights but it goes far deeper than this.

Our club, our heritage, our history and culture remain under constant attack.

And we need a motivated group to set up something akin to FARE and go after Timmy.

The club cannot defend the indefensible. Even this doesn’t seem to get through to some people. Enough. This has to stop. The fans doing this are just handing our enemies a gift wrapped opportunity

FARE won’t go away. They are not the problem. This level playing field push has to stop.

We have a group of fans that embarrass the club and damage the club. It has to stop

The world has moved on sectarian singing is not acceptable and we need to waken up before the punishments get worse

We have to start excluding fans who can’t change

The thing is as well, we have a number of brilliant songs we can sing, proper Rangers songs, and if we want to veer into non Rangers songs, that’s fine too, the Sash, Derry’s Walls etc can all be sung, as long as there’s no add ons.

Now more than ever, we have to box clever.

Yes.

This isn't just in regards to UEFA though, they have never, ever stood up and argued their case.

The board should be doing their utmost to fight this charge.

We have been told not to sing certain songs, yet idiots continue to sing them. This was always on the horizon before the idiots LEARN.

Singing about shite that has %^*& all to do with Rangers, and don't exist in this century.

The saddest thing about this is that this sanction will likely change nothing, no matter what happens to the club as a result the same minority of idiots will continue to sing these songs.

For the record I understand the posters calling for equality as to other clubs with this too but we can't keep giving the media and governing bodies the ammunition they need.

For those who go to our games and sing these songs with the add ons, please stop it

The club coming out against the fans is not the leadership we need.

It's really time for the club to grow a spine and defend us while giving very clear guidelines about acceptable behaviour.

The fans are crying out to be lead.

I concede we shouldn't sing TBB on European nights but it goes far deeper than this.

Our club, our heritage, our history and culture remain under constant attack.

And we need a motivated group to set up something akin to FARE and go after Timmy.

So you protect your heritage by singing sectarian songs?

How does that work?

We have been told not to sing certain songs, yet idiots continue to sing them. This was always on the horizon before the idiots LEARN.

Singing about shite that has %^*& all to do with Rangers, and don't exist in this century.

Do you not think their is a blatant bias in regards to the strength of punishment between us and the Scum?

This goes way beyond singing.

It's not like we didn't know they were there and haven't been warned so many fucking times. We need to sort out the morons in our own support before we go finger pointing at anyone else.

As the club say, thanks to these selfish, immature bastards that are stuck in the dark ages a large amount of fans who are able to behave themselves won't be able to go to this game now.

If these folk need to be life banned then so be it, this will end up costing the club about 100k.

These idiots loaded the gun and aimed it at the club themselves. EVERYBODY mentions that lot here, this is us we are talking about, to hell with them.

dont sing about religion or violence its that f*cking simple

No its not. Gerry McNee wanted FF banned because it mentioned Dublin.

WATP is on their hit list as well and you can add Derrys Walls, the Sash, Build My Gallows, STB (impossible to sing without the fill ins) and many many more.

Incidentally. The club is to blame for doing nothing apart from pleading for restraint.

SHOW SOME LEADERSHIP FFS!

Wow %^*& all.

We have been accused of racist behaviour. I want to know which race we have been found guilty of offending. Can you clear it up by any chance?

Sectarian singing has been categorised as racism by UEFA. And there is no such thing as different races btw. You have taken that straight out of the 18th century.

So, WOW.

So you protect your heritage by singing sectarian songs?

How does that work?

No that's not what I mean.

The club could play the proper version of the song, loudly with the correct words on the screen.

We could claim back the song and keep Ibrox "hostile" in a footballing sense.

"We follow Glasgow Rangers, our hearts are strong and true, WE are the people who cheer the boys in blue"

Help the support, at least make an effort to engage with the support and decide how we behave in our home.

Don't just abandon usand pretend to be embarrased about us.

A little leadership.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was always going to happen, the club has issued warning time and time again to no avail, to all of you who need to sing the add-ons, you are responsible for this punishment, never mind FARE, never mind scum F.C, or E.U.F.A. the problem lies with our own support, for the avoidance of doubt anyone putting the club at risk of fines or punishment due to their choice of songs should be arsed and necked right out of the door and banned for good they are neither needed or wanted at Ibrox.

Seems to be a lot of shouting and not a lot of facts. I would at least expect the club to make clear:

What Race we were targeting?
What song is being investigated and why?

At the very least. At the moment there is absolutely no clarity whatsoever.

No its not. Gerry McNee wanted FF banned because it mentioned Dublin.

WATP is on their hit list as well and you can add Derrys Walls, the Sash, Build My Gallows, STB (impossible to sing without the fill ins) and many many more.

Incidentally. The club is to blame for doing nothing apart from pleading for restraint.

SHOW SOME LEADERSHIP FFS!
dont sing with the add-ons the clubs position on this is clear, if the add-ons cannot be avoided then those songs must stop its as simple as that, adhere to the clubs wishes or don't support them

People trying to make excuses for this, be it FARE always pick on us, or they sing it across the other side of Glasgow.

Forgot the semantics and excuses for a moment. It's a song that gets us in bother. We have tons of other songs, about us and our club and who we are. Stop singing the song that gets us grief.

We're now going to lose out on 3000 voice backing the team when we need them most on Thursday.

You can try and blame UEFA, FARE or the fucking daily record for all I care. But the reality is if you sang it...you caused this.

Did you read the statement? Its 3000 seats - and they've said they will try and targeted those who 'committed the offence'. Fairly clear it will be Broomloan Front. Whether they decide to go into the upper tier to reach the required 3000 seats or go along the whole of BF remains to be seen.

As stated, I pissed the bed and posted prior to reading it all.

There are 5 races:

Caucasoid (White) race.

Negroid (Black) race.

Capoid (Bushmen/Hottentots) race.

Mongoloid (Oriental/ Amerindian) race.

Australoid (Australian Aborigine and Papuan) race.

Which race does 19th Century Terrorist fall into?

Oh %^*& off.
Moronic self-justification on FF will not stop the bigoted Fare representative shopping us every time.

Tin hat on here will this have an effect on the players next week seeing an empty stand when the four sides of Ibrox should be bouncing.

We did and they moved on to other songs and chants that didn't contain 19th Century Terrorist whilst they were allowed to continue unchallenged and unchanged.
The old songs are creeping back in with gusto.
It's a harsh punishment and now we have big bad Rangers in the news again with the usual suspects now very vocal about this problem at Rangers.

Especially after the gaffer stating he wants the place rocking next week .

He must be angry and utterly embarrassed by it .

Well done ,is it just an intelligence issue with these people ? Are they just thick as fu ck and think “ahm gonnae sing whit a want”

There are 5 races:

Caucasoid (White) race.

Negroid (Black) race.

Capoid (Bushmen/Hottentots) race.

Mongoloid (Oriental/ Amerindian) race.

Australoid (Australian Aborigine and Papuan) race.

Which race does 19th Century Terrorist fall into?

Yeah you take that to UEFA.

dont sing with the add-ons the clubs position on this is clear, if the add-ons cannot be avoided then those songs must stop its as simple as that, adhere to the clubs wishes or don't support them

The club havent outlined what is and isnt acceptable so no one knows for sure what's in and out. Maybe Peter Lawell could advise.

“But but but... they sing naughty songs as well”

I don't think thats the point anyone is making, we all know they sing offensive songs. However I do think asking why our songs are highlighted far more than theres, and why have they with far more UEFA sanctions not received a similar punishment.

I think these questions would be very valid and the support would appreciate the club clarifying all this.

Back