Have we been conditioned to expect an underwhelming appointment?

Not at this moment in time we arn,t.wheather that changes will depend on the new manager and how he is backed.we are third in a piss poor league .so that shows where we are at this moment in time.

we are only 6 points off a team undefeated in like 60 odd games. We are moving forward, slowly but surely regardless of the footballing board not having a scooby

Murty skuds Aberdeen twice and the cry for him to be given the gig full time will reach fever pitch. Appointing someone else after this probably loses them brownie points for some.

Murty loses to Aberdeen twice and they will get absolute pelters for allowing this situation to fester.

Speculating/guessing wildly here but what if there were an agreement in place for McInnes to be announced just before the double header, meaning he is not in charge of Aberdeen, but Murty takes the team for the following few days, including both those games?
That would give all sides some ready made excuses, whatever the outcome:
We win both: Well done Murty but Aberdeen were managerless
They win both: Not great but new manager comes in straight afterwards, blameless for the results
One win each: meh.

McInnes is the only option. He knows Rangers, has been reasonably successful at Aberdeen he will also hit the ground running. We can't go off at a tangent again and bring in a load of players that only have a 50/50 chance of adapting. Rangers are a unique challenge given the expectations and the fact that they are every teams cup final.

McInnes is the only option. He knows Rangers, has been reasonably successful at Aberdeen he will also hit the ground running. We can't go off at a tangent again and bring in a load of players that only have a 50/50 chance of adapting. Rangers are a unique challenge given the expectations and the fact that they are every teams cup final.
But can you see him winning the league or simply replaceing aberdeen in second.

Maybe we have a gentlemans agreement not to take McInnes until after the 2 games against them, maybe for a reduced compensation figure?

Would explain the delay, if not excuse it.

But can you see him winning the league or simply replaceing aberdeen in second.

I honestly don't know. He gets us closer than the previous two IMO so that would be a start.

I didn't see McLeish winning the league with us and McInnes' record compared to his before Ibrox is far superior.

Speculating/guessing wildly here but what if there were an agreement in place for McInnes to be announced just before the double header, meaning he is not in charge of Aberdeen, but Murty takes the team for the following few days, including both those games?
That would give all sides some ready made excuses, whatever the outcome:
We win both: Well done Murty but Aberdeen were managerless
They win both: Not great but new manager comes in straight afterwards, blameless for the results
One win each: meh.

I really don't think we are working out an agreement with Aberdeen on anything at the moment. Certainly not something like this.

Once we genuinely make an official move for McInnes, it'll be known and reported IMHO.

The hold-up/delay/timeline, whatever we want to call it, is entirely with Rangers I reckon.

I honestly don't know. He gets us closer than the previous two IMO so that would be a start.

I didn't see McLeish winning the league with us and McInnes' record compared to his before Ibrox is far superior.
Understand where you are coming from with your reply .the problem with comparing mcleish to mcinnes is that mcleash had a bigger budget at times when he was rangers manager also he inherited a very good team from advocaat.

McInnes would certainly be an underwhelming appointment for me. No doubt about it.

But as we have very little budget then any decent manager will be put off being expected to take titles way from the mentally challengeds with only a portion of their budget. And they know 2nd in Scotland is nothing.

We need structural change and proper investment into the club before we can attract a good manager. Until that day, we will be trawling around the bottom of the pool for people like McInnes :(

McInnes would certainly be an underwhelming appointment for me. No doubt about it.

But as we have very little budget then any decent manager will be put off being expected to take titles way from the mentally challengeds with only a portion of their budget. And they know 2nd in Scotland is nothing.

We need structural change and proper investment into the club before we can attract a good manager. Until that day, we will be trawling around the bottom of the pool for people like McInnes :(
Would have to agree with you their.unless we have proper investment in the club then we will have difficulty attracting a good manager and top players.

Would have to agree with you their.unless we have proper investment in the club then we will have difficulty attracting a good manager and top players.
Money talks - and we don't have much of it. That's the harsh reality.

Any manager worth his salt is going to demand assurances of a far bigger budget than we have. They won't want to be as financially uncompetitive with the mentally challengeds as we currently are. And no amount of 'soft loans' is going to help with this.

In the absence of proper investment we find ourselves in a really difficult place. The only way of really increasing our income is to obtain CL revenue - but that only happens if we win the league - and that only happens if we have proper investment, a higher standard of player and a decent manager.

Vicious circle :(

For me you don’t wait until after the Aberdeen double header to get the man in.

But, what if he loses those two I hear some say.

What if he wins them, what if Murty loses both. You can’t live with a what if attitude.

Caretaker roles are rarely successful. Identify the man you want, get him in and straight to work.

Sam Allardyce on why he isn’t interested in the Everton job anymore...

“It never materialised unfortunately. For me, such a long time without a decision, I had to make a decision myself. It would have been a fabulous job, but it didn’t feel right. They were hesitating that I was the man.”

Sam Allardyce on why he isn’t interested in the Everton job anymore...

“It never materialised unfortunately. For me, such a long time without a decision, I had to make a decision myself. It would have been a fabulous job, but it didn’t feel right. They were hesitating that I was the man.”

Same applies to McInnes, he'll have every right to tell this dithering board to ram it.

For me you don’t wait until after the Aberdeen double header to get the man in.

But, what if he loses those two I hear some say.

What if he wins them, what if Murty loses both. You can’t live with a what if attitude.

Caretaker roles are rarely successful. Identify the man you want, get him in and straight to work.

I agree. Far better to get him in the door, give him the chance to win them and hopefully disrupt them in the run-up.

If there was any hint of us actively delaying until after those games (which I doubt to be honest) I think it would be a daft move.

The thing about McInnes is, he too could put an end to any speculation surrounding him.

He still hasn’t done that, even with games against us looming, that signals to me that he’s up for job even with our pissing about.

Whoever they pick should have been in at beginning of last week, there’s been two quieter weeks to get feet under table, there’s been a closed door game, a friendly tonight and there’s a game against Hamilton at weekend that’s very winnable. Perfect time for new guy to prepare for difficult run coming up.

For me there’s no excuses for the board and they don’t fill me with any sort of confidence now.

Indeed, and then where will they go? They aren’t known for having a back up plan.

Amateur hour with Robertson leading things.
Ach - I'm sure the bold Stewart has it all under control :(

images

The club should not let Murty continue much longer he doesn't want the job, all it takes is one defeat and the knives will be out
We need a new manager asap!

Any manager worth his salt is going to demand assurances of a far bigger budget than we have. They won't want to be as financially uncompetitive with the mentally challengeds as we currently are. And no amount of 'soft loans' is going to help with this.

In the absence of proper investment we find ourselves in a really difficult place. The only way of really increasing our income is to obtain CL revenue - but that only happens if we win the league - and that only happens if we have proper investment, a higher standard of player and a decent manager.

A share issue will be voted for at the next AGM. This will see the soft loans converted into shares and significant funding will also be raised for the new manager.

A share issue will be voted for at the next AGM. This will see the soft loans converted into shares and significant funding will also be raised for the new manager.
Soft loan conversions doesn't necessarily mean money going into the club.

And by 'significant' how much are you meaning/anticipating ??

IMO a share issue won't necessarily raise new investment to the levels required.

Same applies to McInnes, he'll have every right to tell this dithering board to ram it.

And how do you for certain we are 'ditherimng?

How do you know we haven't made 'unofficial' contact with McInnes or any other manager? How do you know we haven't spoken to Milne or any other Chairman directly to start dialogue?

It seems a lot of posters on here are more annoyed that Rangers aren't updating their every movement on Twitter/FollowFolllow to satisfy the needy Internet fan.

How do you know we haven't made 'unofficial' contact with McInnes or any other manager? How do you know we haven't spoken to Milne or any other Chairman directly to start dialogue?

I fully expect they have.
Calling the alternative 'dithering' would be excessively polite.

Soft loan conversions doesn't necessarily mean money going into the club.

And by 'significant' how much are you meaning ??

IMO a share issue won't necessarily raise new investment to the levels required.

I didn't say those soft loans will put money into the club. That's money which has already been put into the club. The next step is to convert those soft loans into shares. The share issue however will allow further funding to come into the club.

It has already been reported that funds will be generated to pay the compensation for a new manager and there will be a significant transfer kitty. We have a board who are committed to a long term funding plan. They have met every financial requirement thus far and I have no reason to doubt their commitment in continuing to do so.

I didn't say those soft loans will put money into the club. That's money which has already been put into the club. The next step is to convert those soft loans into shares. The share issue however will allow further funding to come into the club.

It has already been reported that funds will be generated to pay the compensation for a new manager and there will be a significant transfer kitty. We have a board who are committed to a long term funding plan. They have met every financial requirement thus far and I have no reason to doubt their commitment in continuing to do so.
One look at the accounts tells us different though.

And knowing that out costs are higher than our income, I am extremely skeptical that there will be a 'significant' transfer kitty mate. Simply can't see where the money is coming from. I genuinely believe they have the best interests at heart, but I do feel hey lack the financial strength which is required to get us out of this very difficult place we find oursleves. They are helping the club to function and move along, but it is clear that the level of funding required seems to be outwith their capabilities.

Although I am extremely intrigued by Julian Woldhart's plans/involvement.

The manager's being linked are not actually that bad. There are just so many f*cking spackers out there who, upon seeing the 60,000k per week Rodgers turn up at Celtic, are completely out of sync with realism. This leads them to denigrate anyone who they deem not at that level

If Rogers didn't go to Celtic, they'd have had Mackay or Moyes. Maybe even Roy Keane

If that was the case, would Derek McIness, Michael O'Neill or Michel Proud'homme be seen as worse options?

The Rogers appointment is a complete aberration and a one of thing. We just need to get our own house in order and be the best club we can relative to our finances

Tuchel is genuinely an outrageous shout though - brilliant stuff. The only one better than that was the bloke calling for us to "break the bank" on Ancelotti - a 13 million pound a year manager who had just been sacked by Bayern Munich

The manager's being linked are not actually that bad. There are just so many f*cking spackers out there who, upon seeing the 60,000k per week Rodgers turn up at Celtic, are completely out of sync with realism. This leads them to denigrate anyone who they deem not at that level

If Rogers didn't go to Celtic, they'd have had Mackay or Moyes. Maybe even Roy Keane

If that was the case, would Derek McIness, Michael O'Neill or Michel Proud'homme be seen as worse options?

The Rogers appointment is a complete aberration and a one of thing. We just need to get our own house in order and be the best club we can relative to our finances

Tuchel is genuinely an outrageous shout though - brilliant stuff. The only one better than that was the bloke calling for us to "break the bank" on Ancelotti - a 13 million pound a year manager who had just been sacked by Bayern Munich

They have consistently been knocked back by managers for years. Coyle, Martinez, Moyes and Keane have all knocked them back. Deila was only supposed to be Mjallby's replacement as assistant manager but Lennon left and after a few knock backs including Keane they gave Deila the managers job.

I should probably change the thread title to;

Have we been conditioned to expect AN appointment?

Looks like we're just going to give it a bash without a manager :D

We're at the point that it doesn't matter who's announced. Half of FF will stamp their feet and post about how they wont accept them.

The bad thing about champions league revenue is its not a given .you actually need to qualify for the competition. Read in one of the papers today that the filth will have at least 4 qualification rounds before they get into the competion.so its a bit of a catch 22 situation .we need to be in the champions league to really make money .but we need investment to get a team to win the league and then qualify for the champions league.

And what about Europe? I know people are willing to write it off for a few seasons, but it'll be a different story come August
We can,t really afford to write off any income that comes into the club that includes europe.every penny counts as the old saying goes.

The bad thing about champions league revenue is its not a given .you actually need to qualify for the competition. Read in one of the papers today that the filth will have at least 4 qualification rounds before they get into the competion.so its a bit of a catch 22 situation .we need to be in the champions league to really make money .but we need investment to get a team to win the league and then qualify for the champions league.
Agreed - definitely a catch 22 situation mate.

IMO it feels like we are a million miles away from getting to CL group stages in reality,where the real money is. Outwith this, our revenue streams are limited and currently barley cover our costs. Well in fact, they don't, hence the soft loans.

This is going to be a very difficult position to get out of.

Feck knows what’s happening. You would like to think that’s because it’s all running smoothly in the background. In my heart and my head I think it’s because the people hiring are fairly clueless. Please let me be wrong.

Agreed - definitely a catch 22 situation mate.

IMO it feels like we are a million miles away from getting to CL group stages in reality,where the real money is. Outwith this, our revenue streams are limited and currently barley cover our costs. Well in fact, they don't, hence the soft loans.

This is going to be a very difficult position to get out of.
Its stick or twist time .if we stick we carry on as we are if we twist we have to gamble and get a good manger and better players in .but the twist option would involve the board investing a lot more money than have just now into the club and there is no guarantee that it will work.

We can,t really afford to write off any income that comes into the club that includes europe.every penny counts as the old saying goes.
I agree, which is why I dont think McInnes is the answer. Some seem willing to give him the leeway, though

Feck knows what’s happening. You would like to think that’s because it’s all running smoothly in the background. In my heart and my head I think it’s because the people hiring are fairly clueless. Please let me be wrong.
WC qualifiers end this week, hence the late cut off date

It would have been quicker if it was a tournament year

Its stick or twist time .if we stick we carry on as we are if we twist we have to gamble and get a good manger and better players in .but the twist option would involve the board investing a lot more money than have just now into the club and there is no guarantee that it will work.
Yep.

Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate - or you may never accumulate.

No easy answers to all of this - we are facing difficult challenges either way.

Back