Match Thread St Johnstone v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BT Sports

Edit.

Just saw the other angle and it's not over.

First replay they showed it looked a mile over.

Wasn't even close in the second replay but even the first I thought if you take into account where Davis foot is, the angle the camera is and the height of the camera it would make it look more over than it was.

Remember if even 1% is not over the line then it’s not a goal. Nobody is telling me at least 1% of that ball wasn’t on line. Well cleared by Davis

Excellent 2nd half showing, looks like we had a rocket at h/t, came out and destroyed them, which is exactly what we should be doing to these jobber outfits.

Didn't look like the full ball was over btw.

Brilliant 2nd half. Aribo's Rangers career all bit written off by a few dafties in the first half and he absolutely pissed it out there after the break.

Barisic very good again. Jack outstanding. Morelos & Defoe clinical.

Helander our best CH by miles.

I await the from the first angle it looks miles over debate from BT with very little discussion on the angle where looking along the goalline and using the post it cleary shows the whole ball doesn't cross the line

Aribo needs to start going further forward in games 2nd half he starting pushing forward and linking play thats what we need from him

Fantastic result.
Like many would have taken a scrappy 1 nil as long as we got the points in the bag. However, adding a bit to our goal difference is crucial.
Delighted
Not really like many thoughis it as the posts in this thread at half time showed we have some right eejits with laptops in our support.

I had concerns after that first half. However everything changed after Alfie’s goal. He really is worth his weight in gold:))

Watching the second half it was great to see us play the game in their half. First half far to much boring sideways and backwards possession for the sake of it. Davis drove the team forward and Aribo played higher up as a result.

Thought Barasic had another stormer as well.

Ha ha, the media will have a fit about the one supposedly across the line and completely ignore the handball penalty we should have had.

Hopefully we can get a screen grab later because the RangersTV footage is absolutely clear that the ball was NOT over the line. Well done Steven Davis.

And well done today to former ‘whipping boys’ Barisic and Goldson. I thought both were excellent.

Good result. Fairly came to life in the 2nd half - much improved performances from everyone. I thought Davis and Barasic were pretty good throughout the game - Barasic was excellent in fact and is coming onto a game.

Lovely break for our 3rd goal. Don't think it was as obvious as St. Johnstone would have liked that it was over the line. Might just have been very good defending.

The 4th goal was offside but considering the linesman in the first half got no one call right against us we can forget it.

The penalty incident should see Dallas stripped of any Premiership games for a while. He knew what he was doing and he 100% did know it was a penalty. I don't think it happens as much as we shout about with refs but Dallas did cheat there.

Well done guys!

Pathetic Quay CSC are hurting already.

Dick Gordon has already stated "it was well over the line" and "4th goal was offside".

"One or two decisions going Rangers way in the closing stages".

No mention of the clear penalty of course.

No mention of the stonewall penalty we should have had that would have made it three nil?

How bizarre!

Why is Davo getting asked if the ball was over the line by the BT boot? 'It looked over'. You have the evidence ya bitch.

Ball not over the line despite Dick Gordon claiming it was well over the line. Need to be some backtracking when it's shown to be inconclusive.
That 2nd half was not at all bad.
Should've had a stonewall penalty but got that back with the 4th goal

It is almost as if people forget that we play, week in and week out, against sides that have no interest in playing football and are only interested in making things as difficult as possible.

Rangers have never, not once, in my life just turned up and won easy game after game after game. From Smith and Advocaat to Eck and Gerrard we have had week after week and month after month of watching a team try to play football against a team trying to get football stopped.

So long as we get the 3 points and move forwards, we need to accept that we will not simply steamroller teams that want %^*& all to do with the game.

Where did I say we would simply turn up and win an easy game?

We were slow, disinterested and waiting for something to happen in that first half. Proven by the fact that we came out in the second half, upped the tempo and won the game.

Whos the cow interviewing Jack and Davis even after replays she still said ball looked over the line they really hurt when we win

Who is the stupid cow saying the ball looked over the line? Why do we have to put up with this crap?

the entire ball was not over the line.....even stevie wonder could see that

defoe looked a tad offside

however, none of those decisions can even be compared to the handball in front of dallas

he shat it plain and simple

it was less hassle for him not to give it

all that said we play like this everyweek and score more than 1 we don't give the refs an opportunity to fck it for us.....

well played rangers class step up in the second half....

Probably deserves its own thread

You notice they show the ball clearly not over the line angle is only shown after 10 minutes of hysteria

Why 10 minutes ?

Who is the person providing the replays to the match director ?

Would be interesting to hear

Back