Mcinnes sees his future at Aberdeen

Your theory hits a massive brick wall when you defended Pedro to the hilt to the death and touted him as some sort of misunderstood, managerial genius.
We'll never know what Pedro would or wouldn't have achieved. His team only played 10 league games. Anyway he is history now.

McInnes was never the answer. A bang average manager achieving bang average results. From the second his name was mentioned I made it clear I wanted him nowhere near our club. I am more ambitious than mediocrity.

We'll never know what Pedro would or wouldn't have achieved. His team only played 10 league games. Anyway he is history now.

McInnes was never the answer. A bang average manager achieving bang average results. From the second his name was mentioned I made it clear I wanted him nowhere near our club. I am more ambitious than mediocrity.

Pedro was here for 7 months, which is 2 months off a full normal season.

Easy to say “I am not interested in the Rangers job and do not wish to be considered for it”
That would unequivocally put it to bed.
He is still speaking in code. It’s just a different code.
This is the way I see it too, I’m not saying he will be next manager but he isn’t exactly ruling out a move

Easy to say “I am not interested in the Rangers job and do not wish to be considered for it”
That would unequivocally put it to bed.
He is still speaking in code. It’s just a different code.

I don't think he would say that - certainly not as an ex-player either. Managers tend not to be so blunt in their denials.

Some of the reactions on here to standard sound bites given to the media is very funny.

Folk thinking he’s going to come out and say ‘I really want the Rangers job and I hope they ask me’ is hilarious.

Obviously he’s going to say this, he’s not going to run the risk of pissing off his employers and their fans if the offer never comes, he’s got a mortgage to pay and a family to feed.

I will continue to not get too tied up by any statements relating to the manager’s job unless it comes directly from Rangers or is released after we make an official move.

Posters who likely think they are experts at the media game, jumping the gun as it's what they want to believe.

There's also the chance that the Rangers job simply isn't very attractive any more, even for ex-players like McInnes.

I floated that idea the other day. Don't get me wrong - I don't get the impression Aberdeen are going anywhere as a football club either. But loyalty can be a powerful driver. And we always talk about players not having allegiances the way supporters do.

The McInnes fanboys will say he has done an "amazing job" at the sheep.

The reality is that he hasn't. He absolutely hasn't.

His "stock" is falsely high for what he has actually 'achieved' on one of the worst leagues in Europe.
Two things arise from his rejection(if it is) of us.
1. If such a mediocre manager won’t touch us what makes you think we can attract a better one. McInnes isn’t stupid. To rule himself out of the Rangers job must be for a valid reason.
That is devastating.
2. We are now into the fifth week without a manager and are no further ahead.

What did Ally say? Was it on Talksport or something?

Last week on BT Sport.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...innes-ally-mccoist-Ibrox-manager-job-warning/

"I just feel that Derek, at this moment in time, is held in high regard throughout British football.

“I just think from Rangers’ point of view, it would be my appointment.

“I’m not sure from Derek’s point of view it’s 100 per cent the right thing to do."

If McInnes was being lined up as the manager at the Piggery we would be loving it.

That maybe puts his "achievements" in some sort of perspective.

We’re staring at either Big Eck, another Pedro-type plucked from some footballing backwater or a washed up old English manager looking for one last pay day.

McInnes isn’t the world’s best manager but he would have done a good job here on far greater resources than he’s currently on. I really fear the worst here with who this board does bring in.

Last week on BT Sport.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...innes-ally-mccoist-Ibrox-manager-job-warning/

"I just feel that Derek, at this moment in time, is held in high regard throughout British football.

“I just think from Rangers’ point of view, it would be my appointment.

“I’m not sure from Derek’s point of view it’s 100 per cent the right thing to do."
"Held in high regard throughout British football" :D:D:D:D:D:D

He has to say that, means nothing but gives the usual suspects on here the chance to make snarky comments, see the very first reply.

We’re staring at either Big Eck, another Pedro-type plucked from some footballing backwater or a washed up old English manager looking for one last pay day.

McInnes isn’t the world’s best manager but he would have done a good job here on far greater resources than he’s currently on. I really fear the worst here with who this board does bring in.

As shambolic as we are, I'd still be speechless if the board thought McLeish would be an acceptable appointment.

As shambolic as we are, I'd still be speechless if the board thought McLeish would be an acceptable appointment.
It’s clearly someone unimpressive because if it were an appointment to be proud of they’d have the man at the AGM. My guess is there will be an announcement the Monday after the AGM and second Aberdeen game.

If they do go for McLeish or another Pedro-style dud then our much hyped DoF will be finished in most people’s eyes, as will those who appointed him.

Two things arise from his rejection(if it is) of us.
1. If such a mediocre manager won’t touch us what makes you think we can attract a better one. McInnes isn’t stupid. To rule himself out of the Rangers job must be for a valid reason.
That is devastating.
2. We are now into the fifth week without a manager and are no further ahead.

You were saying earlier that Bilic wasn't good enough for Rangers - does this (if true) highlight where we are as a Club at the moment?

Those happy it isn’t him.

I wouldn’t celebrate yet, look at the last 2 disasters they brought in?
This time also it is more than likely less money for the manager to play with. If you trust Park, Dickson and Robertson to bring in a good manager then my god you are easy to fool.

Those happy it isn’t him.

I wouldn’t celebrate yet, look at the last 2 disasters they brought in?
This time also it is more than likely less money for the manager to play with. If you trust Park, Dickson and Robertson to bring in a good manager then my god you are easy to fool.
Spot on. Those rejoicing that it’s not McInnes might want to contain their excitement for now.

HIS team had 10 league games.

Does this mean that when we finally bring a manager in unless he is allowed to overhaul the squad in jan (and lets be honest its not likely) we cant in any way judge him on his results and performances because, at the end of the day, its not "his" team?

If he was first choice he would have been here by now, you would presume.

The fact we paid to get Caixinha in early and also the fact we sacked him, would suggest we do have the necessary funds.

You have to ask whether McInnes is worth the kind of money that we would need to fork out in order to get him here.

Does this mean that when we finally bring a manager in unless he is allowed to overhaul the squad in jan (and lets be honest its not likely) we cant in any way judge him on his results and performances because, at the end of the day, its not "his" team?
When ANY manger comes in to a club and hasn't had a chance to mould his own team by bringing in his own chosen players it is quite difficult to properly judge. That's pretty common.

I really can’t muster up the enthusiasm to continue debating about McInnes, or Preud’homme, or whoever.

It is a boring, depressing and worrying situation in equal measure and my enthusiasm is weaning by the minute.

HIS team had 10 league games.

And that was WAY too many. If you think Mcinness is no good then what on earth was Pedro? He couldn't compete with Mcinness' team despite a vastly superior budget, with training facilities on a different planet to Aberdeens and the same regarding support and stadium.

This was indeed the case put forward by many to defend Pedro despite the fact that managers the world over very rarely get a clean slate to bring in an entire team of their choosing upon taking a job before their performance is judged.

Absolute nonsense in other words.

Your theory hits a massive brick wall when you defended Pedro to the hilt, to the death and touted him as some sort of misunderstood, managerial genius.

He was on here last week during the day, pished out his mind, talking about Stevie Gerrard for manager. "It would give the place a huge lift" :D

It's a really weird one. I'm not really gutted at the thought of him not being our manager, but then when I think of who might be instead, I feel a bit depressed

Exactly my feelings. Was never thrilled, but was coming round to the idea of McInnes as the best name of those mentioned/linked that seemed realistic at all.

Now I simply can't see a better candidate being brought forward in all honesty. I sincerely hope the board surprise me on this, but nothing we've seen/heard from them so far gives me reason to think we will be pleasantly shocked by who they unveil. Might even see Murty given the reins mid-termish if we get a good result tonight...

Sounds like if there was an approach he would be open to it.
“Purely driven by elements of the media” not a slamming of the door shut.
Your clutching at straws.

If he states he sees his future at Aberdeen, why would any club make an approach, knowing he'll probably knock them back?

I’d rather Eck than McInness any day of the week. Eck won trophies with us and at Birmingham and we were downsizing at the time he was with us. McInness bottled it every time he got anywhere near Celtic. Even the sheep fans say that about him.

And that was WAY too many. If you think Mcinness is no good then what on earth was Pedro? He couldn't compete with Mcinness' team despite a vastly superior budget, with training facilities on a different planet to Aberdeens and the same regarding support and stadium.

My thoughts exactly, I'm not exactly thrilled at Mcinness but people saying he isn't a step up from Pedro are deluded.

Exactly my feelings. Was never thrilled, but was coming round to the idea of McInnes as the best name of those mentioned/linked that seemed realistic at all.

Now I simply can't see a better candidate being brought forward in all honesty. I sincerely hope the board surprise me on this, but nothing we've seen/heard from them so far gives me reason to think we will be pleasantly shocked by who they unveil. Might even see Murty given the reins mid-termish if we get a good result tonight...

Think the exact same. A decent win tonight and it's Murty's until the end of the season. Lose and we'll get Eck

Just wait until we appoint some one worse than McInnes.

Wasn't my first choice of manager but there are plenty pros in regards to his managerial attributes.

McInnes is dissed on here yet Graham Potter is seen as an excellent option.

I’d rather Eck than McInness any day of the week. Eck won trophies with us and at Birmingham and we were downsizing at the time he was with us. McInness bottled it every time he got anywhere near Celtic. Even the sheep fans say that about him.

I think Eck is quite good at picking up and stabilising squads, but when he starts to really run his own ship, it drifts away from him.

In that respect some might argue he'd be a worthwhile appointment to sort things, but I can't see a longer term plan working out with him at the helm. That's ignoring his recent history as a manager

I’m not worried about tonight. We should be comfortable.
The two against the sheep are a different kettle of fish. Especially with an under 20 coach in charge.

Back