Mcinnes sees his future at Aberdeen

Certainly looks like McInnes is not the boards choice then, unless the board intend to make a move on monday to unsettle that lot before Wednesdays game??

I wouldn't mind McInnes as manager but i think thats more out of fear of eck getting it rather than thinking McInnes is the right man.

Head is fried with it all

Unfortunately for Derek McInnes (and potentially us) this will be the only chance he gets to manage Rangers. If his next move is to England and he continues to improve he will out of our price range, if he doesn’t improve then he was never the answer.

It’s a shame for him, hopefully we don’t regret it in years to come.

That makes no sense whatsoever, only a deluded fool would turn down Rangers to stay at Aberdeen, every single aspect of the job would be better, money, facilities, ambition levels, training ground, stadium etc.

It's a complete no brainer, McInnes will never win the league with Aberdeen, no manager will in our lifetime, if he was offered the Rangers job he would (in time) be competing for the title and the chance to play in the Champions League.

With Aberdeen last season, and currently this season, he is in a higher league position and has better form than we do.

We posted losses of around £7m for the recent accounts to June.

The current investors are having to commit a further £7m over the next two seasons purely to meet our bills, that's without considering increased spending for players, manager, etc.

King is potentially facing having to make an £11 million offer for the other shares in the business.

The notion that any manager would look at us just now and think it was a no-brainer and that we genuinely offer a real opportunity in the next few years to win the title, without getting very thorough promises about what resources would be available in advance, is bonkers.

McInnes has a good thing going at Aberdeen. His reputation is good, he is doing well there and very well by their standards.

He might not fancy coming to a financially rooked club that expects to be challenging the tims while its bank balance is hanging by a thread and who have got rid of two managers in two seasons, while building a squad that shows no sign of being close to the task fans demand.

errr - it's called responding to posts from other posters - quite a common thing on a messageboard/forum. Or do you just want a one-way debate/discussion ?? Deary me :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
No mate I see you spouting about mcinnes on every thread everyday . I get if you don't want him that your choice but I said to you before your trying to prove a point, don't know if it's about Pedro. IF mcinnes was ever appointed you were one these guys sitting waiting to say I told you so every time . Give the man credit for the job he's done far better than 95% of the managers in Scotland in his time and 100% better than our managers in his time at sheep. Doesn't need to mean you like him or want him

I don't know if you've noticed but Rangers are a complete basket case of a club who stumble from one disaster to the next.

We haven't got through a full season back in the top flight without ditching our manager. It isn't the job it once was, that's why we ended up with a manager plucked from the middle of the Qatari league last season.

We ended up with a manager from Qatar due to gross incompetence from a director allowing himself to be persuaded, it may not be the job it once was but to think a manager would turn it down to stay at Aberdeen is borderline idiotic. Aberdeen train on public parks ffs, they have a shit tip of a stadium, they will never win the league again; they will never compete in the Champions League, of course we are at a low just now but we will recover and we will be successful again in time.

No mate I see you spouting about mcinnes on every thread everyday . I get if you don't want him that your choice but I said to you before your trying to prove a point, don't know if it's about Pedro. IF mcinnes was ever appointed you were one these guys sitting waiting to say I told you so every time . Give the man credit for the job he's done far better than 95% of the managers in Scotland in his time and 100% better than our managers in his time at sheep. Doesn't need to mean you like him or want him
Pedro's gone. I've barley mentioned him recently other than referring to him in certain responses to posts where relevant. We've moved on from Pedro.

As far as McInnes goes, I'll repeat - he's done an 'ok' job in a very weak league, with a poor standard of player and a poor standard of manager. I'm not sure that has to qualify him to be the manager of Rangers Football Club.

And - as mentioned - I'll back him if he was to become our manager, but I wouldn't be delighted.

I'm not going to change my opinion just to suit other posters. And at this rate some of them will be standing applauding him on Wednesday night !

Mate I'm certainly not wearing McInnes tinted glasses. I've said many times on here that I wouldn't necessarily jump for joy if he were announced as our manager but IMO he's the obvious choice for the job and the best of the realistic names mentioned.

I'd also rather Davies than some of the other names BTW, however the guy is an absolute fruitcake and there's no way he will get the job.

I understand completely where you are coming from and McInnes would get us a regular second place a safe pair of hands.

Is this good enough though I really don't think so .

I just hope the board have something up there sleeve .

I've suggested before Karanka and was told a couple of days ago by a guy from Boro that works with me the rumour down there is he's going to be our new manager.

I will state this is purely a second had rumour .

Steve McClaren. Hence Allen's apparently interest in him.
Only we don’t know if that’s true either. The only person we seem to have approached is Chris Coleman before he went to Sunderland. A few media outlets reported it and it was never denied.
God knows what the boards plan is but I wish they would get on with it whatever it is. Even Murty is tired of the constant speculation and you can’t blame him.

Pedro's gone. I've barley mentioned him recently other than referring to him in certain responses to posts where relevant. We've moved on from Pedro.

As far as McInnes goes, I'll repeat - he's done an 'ok' job in a very weak league, with a poor standard of player and a poor standard of manager. I'm not sure that has to qualify him to be the manager of Rangers Football Club.

And - as mentioned - I'll back him if he was to become our manager, but I wouldn't be delighted.

I'm not going to change my opinion just to suit other posters. And at this rate some of them will be standing applauding him on Wednesday night !
Only if he is in our dugout! If not then he can get the same treatment as ever other Dolly employee!

I understand completely where you are coming from and McInnes would get us a regular second place a safe pair of hands.

I've suggested before Karanka and was told a couple of days ago by a guy from Boro that works with me the rumour down there is he's going to be our new manager.

I fooking hope not!!!!

Hopefully I will be
But I hope he's wearing a pair of brown brogues and rangers tie , haha
I don't think anything is certain yet but I do think it's all down to finance regardless of who we go for. I definitely don't think mcinnes is out of the running by any stretch of the imagination all he did today was sound bites for his current employer nothing more nothing less . So you could be slating the next rangers manager. Not you , me or anyone on here has a clue what's going to happen we are all guessing

You read what’s come out over the past few days and you think (or at least I think) that there’s a standoff at boardroom level between factions (King) who want McInnes, and others (I’d be guessing here so won’t offer suggestions) that don’t.

I really don’t think there’s any greater element at work here than that - talk of impending substantial investment dependent on Res.11 passing sounds like wishful thinking to me - a kind of delusional paradise syndrome, i.e. everything’s a bit shit, so there must be something bigger and better on the horizon.

I don’t buy it. I don’t think it’s that simple. Instead, I think it’s likely that we’ll thrash something out and either end up with McInnes (probably the best case scenario), or due to him becoming exasperated, and / or the board being unable to reach a consensus on an alternative, we’ll end up with someone like McLeish until the end of the season to buy us more time.

Talk of Allardyce, De Boer, Van Gaal, Koeman, just sounds like fantasy really.

Hopefully I will be
But I hope he's wearing a pair of brown brogues and rangers tie , haha
I don't think anything is certain yet but I do think it's all down to finance regardless of who we go for. I definitely don't think mcinnes is out of the running by any stretch of the imagination all he did today was sound bites for his current employer nothing more nothing less . So you could be slating the next rangers manager. Not you , me or anyone on here has a clue what's going to happen we are all guessing
The crux of it all is our financial position. That is THE big issue and it is preventing us from making genuine progression and catching/genuinely competing with the mentally challengeds - hence we are in market for the type of manager we are.

No-one has a crystal ball, but we can all make our own judgements at this stage based on our impression, analysis and facts and figures around certain people. That way a conclusion can be made. People's conclusions differ.

Trust you too start another rumour o_O

WATP

There is a massive flaw in the point you are making.
If Rodgers is replaced by an inferior manager we would be happy. You clearly consider him inferior to Rodgers.
If we replace Pedro with McInnes it is clearly an upgrade. We should be happy.
Rodgers replacement unless he is better than Rodgers would be good for us.
Remember we rejoiced at Deila's appointment ? He won the league every season he was there.

Yep Delia won every league against the mediocrity that was McInnes, if Delia was dire, what does that make McInnes in that the closest he got was 15 points? Kinda torpedoes your argument!

What has McInnes done in football management that has given you and his other cheerleaders such a hard on for him? I just don’t see it, whatever IT is!

A month down the line and no one at Rangers has contacted McInnes either directly or indirectly causing the bold Deek to think that it simply isn’t going to happen, ergo his comments here.

Which is fair enough.

Personally I’d begun to warm to him as our next manager, but truth be told, it wasn’t any great loss if it didn’t happen.

Well . . . so long as the next manager is of a better pedigree than Derek McInnes.

If it’s someone like McLeish because we couldn’t / wouldn’t stump up the compo and reassure him he’d be the main man, it’s impossible to spin as a positive.

“Yes, we didn’t feel Derek had the necessary experience to manage Rangers Football Club, hence why we turned to Alex again.”

Sorry, nope, that’s bullshit.

And if I’m being completely honest, it’s what I can see occurring.

I think he's done no more than an 'ok' job at Aberdeen, in what is a very, very poor league and with Rangers being not in it most of his tenure and all over the place while we have been back.

I don't look at his achievements and go "wow". Far from it.

I understand you don't want MacInnes as manager, but he has done a much better job at Aberdeen than just ok-surly you can see that.
As a matter of interest- what exactly do you think he should have achieved with them in the last few seasons?

Yep Delia won every league against the mediocrity that was McInnes, if Delia was dire, what does that make McInnes in that the closest he got was 15 points? Kinda torpedoes your argument!

What has McInnes done in football management that has given you and his other cheerleaders such a hard on for him? I just don’t see it, whatever IT is!

I’m indifferent on McInnes for us, but based on your logic if Mourinho or Guardiola were put in charge of Aberdeen and didn’t beat Celtic to the title they would be bad managers?

McInnes isn’t a magician. He had a vastly inferior squad to Celtic at the time.

A month down the line and no one at Rangers has contacted McInnes either directly or indirectly causing the bold Deek to think that it simply isn’t going to happen, ergo his comments here.

Which is fair enough.

Personally I’d begun to warm to him as our next manager, but truth be told, it wasn’t any great loss if it didn’t happen.

Well . . . so long as the next manager is of a better pedigree than Derek McInnes.

If it’s someone like McLeish because we couldn’t / wouldn’t stump up the compo and reassure him he’d be the main man, it’s impossible to spin as a positive.

“Yes, we didn’t feel Derek had the necessary experience to manage Rangers Football Club, hence why we turned to Alex again.”

Sorry, nope, that’s bullshit.

And if I’m being completely honest, it’s what I can see occurring.

Let’s just wait and see, leave it to the mhedia and Timothy hordes to be disparaging toward our board.

Personally I think they will deliver on this occasion as there is no other alternative. Let’s face it spunking £1m plus on McInnes and his asst would not be money well spent given his track record and affirmation that the dhims under st Brenda are uncatchable!

Wee bit disappointed he was my first choice even before Pedro,Looks like we are heading towards another experimental gamble.

I understand you don't want MacInnes as manager, but he has done a much better job at Aberdeen than just ok-surly you can see that.
As a matter of interest- what exactly do you think he should have achieved with them in the last few seasons?
I'm genuinely not that impressed by McInnes - that's my honest opinion mate.

They are awful to watch and I think they've just done what should have been expected to in recent years - no more. And this has been at a time when us, Hearts, Hivs and Dundee Hibernian have been nowhere.

I’m indifferent on McInnes for us, but based on your logic if Mourinho or Guardiola were put in charge of Aberdeen and didn’t beat Celtic to the title they would be bad managers?

McInnes isn’t a magician. He had a vastly inferior squad to Celtic at the time.

He didn’t have a vastly inferior squad, that’s just self serving hyperbole to be honest. It was the same squad as Brenda barring the Sinclair and Dembele upgrade. It was plodding and couldn’t win trebles, on a good day our championship team with a seive of a defence could beat them. No great shakes, neither are Rodgers vintage, Ross County, St Johnstone, killie and Hibs have made them look ordinary whilst PSG and Bayern have ritually humiliated them.

Yet McInnes Aberdeen were hopelessly outclassed by Celtc at shittodrie to the extent that McInnes affirmed that Celtc under Rodgers were uncatchable...He should be nowhere near Ibrox with that record and mindset!

Folk who genuinely believe Aberdeen should be challenging the filth are mental
The mentally challengeds are spending over £1m a week on wages. The Sheep’s highest paid players are on £2k a week and their facilities are an absolute joke.

It’s bizarre that people on here think they should be competing for the title.

The mentally challengeds are spending over £1m a week on wages. The Sheep’s highest paid players are on £2k a week and their facilities are an absolute joke.

It’s bizarre that people on here think they should be competing for the title.

Aberdeen have beat us once at home in 25 years ffs.

You'd think McInnes was managing Barca the way folk talk about his Aberdeen side

I'm genuinely not that impressed by McInnes - that's my honest opinion mate.

They are awful to watch and I think they've just done what should have been expected to in recent years - no more. And this has been at a time when us, Hearts, Hivs and Dundee Hibernian have been nowhere.

Agree, they are poor to watch and that probably sums up Scottish football. Outwith us I'm not sure if Hearts ,Hibs and Dundee UTD were still in the league it would have made much difference-who knows?I honestly don't think he could do much more with the budget he works with. At the end of the day the sheep were never going to win the league

I'm only giving you a factual statement pal.

He finished above the mentally challengeds before he came to us. Something McInnes will never do.
It’s not actually factual though, is it? If you’re comparing Eck’s record prior to becoming Rangers manager with McInnes then you’ll see that McLeish’s was not as good. He finished above the Rhattlers that one season, only to end up fighting relegation the following year.

He also never won any trophies and reached only one cup final as far as I’m aware, whereas McInnes has reached four and won one of them. McLeish’s win rate was also 45%-50% at both Motherwell and Hibs, compared to McInnes who’s win rate has been 68%-75% every season.

What else could he say ? Im here for noo, but im off if the Gers come in for me and if they dont can we pretend this press conference never happened?

It’s not actually factual though, is it? If you’re comparing Eck’s record prior to becoming Rangers manager with McInnes then you’ll see that McLeish’s was not as good. He finished above the Rhattlers that one season, only to end up fighting relegation the following year.

He also never won any trophies and reached only one cup final as far as I’m aware, whereas McInnes has reached four and won one of them. McLeish’s win rate was also 45%-50% at both Motherwell and Hibs, compared to McInnes who’s win rate has been 68%-75% every season.
He finished above the mentally challengeds, McInnes never will. I end my debate there.

Back