How confident are you for the final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very big game to win on Wednesday and get through hopefully injury free.
And as much as they've got an easier game they have to avoid injuries also.

As my old mucker whom I go to the games with says never predict an OF game to you see the teams.

We look a lot more robust and look like we could start sloppy/badly and still score the first goal-that's a massive change for us.

Everything to play for I doubt SG will botch the line up this time.

I was very confident of a victory in the first game of the season and they beat us without having to get out of first gear.

We need to be at them from the start.
You mean we didn't get out of 1st gear ? they were at it right from the start yet we were still in the game even though we couldn't have played any worse and we didn't have Kent, Morelos or Barisic

Totally different this time

You mean we didn't get out of 1st gear ? they were at it right from the start yet we were still in the game even though we couldn't have played any worse and we didn't have Kent, Morelos or Barisic

Totally different this time
We could still have been playing that game now and still not have scored. Attitude and tactics were all wrong.

They aren't that good either admittedly.

We could still have been playing that game now and still not have scored. Attitude and tactics were all wrong.

They aren't that good either admittedly.
It's a 50/50 game, as always we will need a bit of luck on our side on the day, I really wish we never had the sheep away on Wednesday and we had a full week to focus on the final.

It's a 50/50 game, as always we will need a bit of luck on our side on the day, I really wish we never had the sheep away on Wednesday and we had a full week to focus on the final.
Agreed. As vital as the final is we need to beat Aberdeen.

The defence need to pull their collective finger out. We can’t gift them chances like we’ve done in recent games against them.

We also can’t afford to start slowly like the Feyenoord game.

It’s hard to call but they’re probably slight favourites.

I’m not if I’m honest, probably more due to nerves though.

It’s not a bad thing. Three times I’ve been super confident against that mob. The scores have been 1-1, 0-2, 0-2.

I'm as confident as I was on 30/12/18.

It'll be tight, it may even be a roller-coaster of an afternoon, it might even take ET and penalties.

But the trophy is ours.

I fancy us but we have to be moving the ball quicker. It’s OK against teams like Hearts to take a touch & dwell on it before moving it on. Against them it needs to be taken into control and moved on ASAP.

We can beat anyone on our day but I just fear that the occasion and the fact that it’s against them will spook some of our players. Just got to hope they are ready

I’ll be honest, I’m not confident. But then I never am going into OF games - form goes out the window.

We had a good victory today and a great result against Feyenoord on Thursday. However, we can’t afford any sloppy passing and pissing about with the ball in midfield as we’ve seen at times recently - we’ll be punished for it. Also, our defences focus needs to be defending first and foremost next Sunday, we can’t afford any complacency at the back whatsoever.

It’s 50/50 for me but what I will say is the stage is set for Alfie to score the winner against them and put to bed all this shite that he can’t score when we play them. I think our starting 11 will be

McGregor

Tavernier
Barasic
Helander
Goldson

Jack
Davis
Kamara

Arfield
Morelos
Kent

We need to be aggressive and get after them from the start. Get our tails up.

Sit back and be passive and they’ll have plenty of joy.

SG's three defeats have occurred due to setting out with the idea of containment. The two at Parkhead saw better 2nd half performances when we came out.

I'm never optimistic in these games. They have a confidence and an experience that will make them very difficult to beat. I think we'll have a good idea how it will after 10-15 minutes - we'll see just how many of our players are up for it.

In normal circumstances any final between the teams is a hard call. For the first time in several years the circumstances under which the clubs meet can be described as 'normal'. I class this game as 50/50. They will go for their usual fast start but if we can contain that and settle then we will win it.

I’m neither confident or apprehensive as yet, though if we get beat then I think the domestic season is just about done. We would struggle to overcome 2 games played v them with 2 defeats pre Xmas. All our players need to be on it and at their best.... our middle to from is strong... it’s our defence I think will need to really turn up!

Always nervous playing them from day 1 over fifty years now following the famous . Confident because our forwards are red hot and what I've seen of their defence Kent , Alfie and Airfield will rip them apart.
Gerrard learned from the last game how not to play them in midfield and don't think he will make that mistake again .
Just wanting Tav to have a solid game and if in doubt boot it out
Been sitting at work listening to the mentally challengeds and they are shitting themselves about Kent they might be their usual bravado attitude in public but deep down they are worried what Kents going to do

I'm 70% goin next sunday and I really dont want any of you flexing yer muscles and comin oot wi stupid whit we'll dae to them comments only for the same losing it if we don't dae it.

Just keep yer powder dry and yer gubs shut.

F9-F7522-B-FD6-E-4-BBE-A0-DC-8619-ADF753-B2.jpg

It depends how we play, I’m worried about how deep our midfield sits and negative the tactics are. It was a disaster against them.

It cannot be as passive as we’ve seen at times.

I have been watching a lot of their games since both teams reached the final, and i see Christie and Eduardo as their shining lights .

Christie needs stopped at source as he is very good player and almost everything creative goes through him one way or another, he will need man marked all game and if forrest is on the other wing push tigh on him as well.

Their midfield is nothing special, lego man is past it, and i feel we are far better as a unit with Davis, Jack and Kamara.

I bet if their was a honest Celtic supporter who has been watching our games, he or she would be equally afraid of Kent and Morelos as both have been on fire for us recently, and i hope they can carry this into the final and shut the Media and the Green and Grey hordes up, once and for all.

Both teams defence's have a bombscare or 2 in them, we know our own.
Tavernier reminds me of Trent at Liverpool, he is brillant at getting forward but is not so great at actually defending, this is a game with a tricky winger against him, he will need lots of protection and help from the midfield for when Celtic hit us on the counter attack, as i feel he does not get into position quick enough.

Its a 50 -50 game, a couple of mistakes or a Ref decision could decide the game.

I hope we have our best squad all fit and able to play, and unlike the league game at Ibrox, we turn up on the day.

IMO Porto are a far better team than Celtic, so with that in mind if we can put in a performance of similar level the night we beat them at Ibrox recently, we are winning the cup.

Play up Glasgow Rangers

Think it will come down to our defense..particulary TAV....if he plays well we have a chance NS

I get where you’re coming from, but the last OF game doesn’t worry me that much. We didn’t turn up and whilst it was a bit shit they still didn’t steamroller us the way some quarters would have you believe. We gifted a goal and then got caught trying to chase the game.
I’d have been more worries if we’d had our strongest team out, played well and took a doing. But we had selection %^*& ups and we simply didn’t show up. I don’t think either of those things will happen again.

All fair points

All I was basically getting at is that I amn’t heading into this being over confident, as I did the first OF. I was certain we were winning that one

Where they are stronger than us is down their right hand side. They've got players who are goal threats and constantly put in good crosses from wide areas. They've got goal threat from midfield too and often have players hovering round the box looking for the ball to break to them.

Where they are extremely vulnerable is when their defenders are pushed back, they make mistakes and can't get into a rhythm. Their full backs in particular look poor.

We need to be brave, don't let them dictate from the get go and push us back, make sure it's us that show we are there to beat them.

We've beaten far better teams than them this season, but we went about them all wrong at Ibrox and let them push us back from the kick off.

I am nervous. They've got some really decent players.No injuries in midweek and 11 men on the park is a must for us. I thought we'd do them in september. Kent is our key man in terms of taking the game to them and stopping it being an onslaught of pressure.

It's all about how we start for me if we start fast press don't give them time to think we will win and win well start slow and well struggle. Also there can't be any individual mistakes

Think it will come down to our defense..particulary TAV....if he plays well we have a chance NS

it’s up to jack, Davis and Kamara to cover Tav when he gets forward. If Tav made the mistakes the others did in gifting feyenoord their goals the other night he would have been slaughtered on here

50/50 here.

Really looking forward to unleashing Borna on them tbh. Him and Kent supplying El Bufalo could just be what we need.

Watched them a few times and they are no mugs. We need to be 100% and not be overwhelmed by the occasion. Would rather go in as underdogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back