How confident are you for the final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way we start a game could have us down by at least 2 in the space of 15 minutes.

This needs addressed before I'm confident in any game.

So you think if we win next week we are strong favourites for the title and if we lose then we have no chance of the title? I think it will still go down to the last few games regardless of who wins it. I get that it will be their first taste of defeat in ages, but no chance will they implode like people think. Maybe after 55 aye, not the league cup though.
No, I think that if they lose a trophy their aura will have gone and we will have more of a chance. I think if we lose it, they will have some reinforcement and be harder to beat over the piece. Not sure where I said anyone would be favourite, nevermind strong favourites, but there you go.

I'm shiteing myself and fearing the worst.... but at the same time... we are the people, fuckin intae them no surrender 5-0 morelos Hattrick and Jimmy Bell to run up to the poets playing the flute

No, I think that if they lose a trophy their aura will have gone and we will have more of a chance. I think if we lose it, they will have some reinforcement and be harder to beat over the piece. Not sure where I said anyone would be favourite, nevermind strong favourites, but there you go.
See thats fair enough, it might slightly tilt it in either sides favour but not by much. I can't see either of us dropping many points over the course of the season regardless of the result, hopefully if we do win it gives the team more of a ruthless confident mentality that league winning sides need.

I don’t handle these games too well nowadays and it might be the case I need to go out for a walk and ignore the game until full time where I’ll either spew up when I hear they’ve won or go utterly mental and probably break down if weve won . Then head home and watch the whole game at least twice .

Im actually trying hard not to think on it because the pressure is basically unbearable .

See thats fair enough, it might slightly tilt it in either sides favour but not by much. I can't see either of us dropping many points over the course of the season regardless of the result, hopefully if we do win it gives the team more of a ruthless confident mentality that league winning sides need.

It is a big over-all change, despite being a small change, if we win, was my point. Their loss of confidence on it's own might not be a huge factor on it's own, but couple it with our raise and you have a significant over-all change. The actual situation is changed by the sum of both. Them worse by one win and us better by 1 win (2 small changes) is a swing of 6 points (1 big change) is what I am clumsily trying to say :D

Reactions: LD5
Not confident because we haven’t beaten Them when I’ve watched it on TV for a long time

First and foremost we need to believe we can win. Always confident of scoring but the defence needs to be careful. Tav I’m sorry to say is just too open at times. We know that of course. Don’t give the ball away in dangerous positions. Most goals conceded have been our own doing not the skill of the other team. But yes we can beat them.

I'm always confident with this team and I know SG is not going to set the team up like last time.

I think it's 50-50 and either a moment of genius or terrible mistake will settle it by a single goal, possibly in extra-time.

One thing in our favour is they now know we can not only beat them but dominate them over 90 minutes. It depends which team turns up though.

Having said all that, I think it's our time. We're due.

Got to have the same intensity, passion, desire, game plan as the two games at Ibrox last season.

That and getting the team selection right. The first game at Ibrox this season was an absolute mess on the manager and players part.

Don't stand off them, don't show them too much respects. They will press hard and we some times don't like that.

Going into this game with a full strength squad wouldn't go down a miss too. Two massive matches before then to worry about. Let's take 6/6 and head to Hampden in a positive place.

First and foremost we need to believe we can win. Always confident of scoring but the defence needs to be careful. Tav I’m sorry to say is just too open at times. We know that of course. Don’t give the ball away in dangerous positions. Most goals conceded have been our own doing not the skill of the other team. But yes we can beat them.

We actually have two very good full backs when compared to other teams in the EL. I agree Tav needs to get back to where he was last season but he's still very good as it is.

EKhLKMNWsAAoOUb

We never even tested their defence last time which frustrated me the most. Im confident if team selection is right and we play without fear, plus their runs got to end at some point.

Think we can do it this time - having Kent completely changes the geometry of the pitch

His utter hatred of the scum and desire to rinse them also seems to rub off on the others and give them belief

Its our lapses in concentration at the back that puts some doubt in my mind. We need to be on top form at the back. Our midfield and front are better than them. Id love to see morelos score the winning goal for us

If Morelos scores the winner in this game the wee mans confidence is going to go stratospheric..

Will bank on him smashing the 55 goals in all competitions by the end of the season. And make no mistake that will be no mean feat for a 23 year old.

They are the form team.

But we're better than we were in August, and it's neutral territory. I'm 55/45 against but we need to win a trophy sometime and winning wouldn't shock me.

Both teams in good form. Will be the odd goal that decides it. Need to be brave and don't let them press us back early like we allowed last time

I'm 70% goin next sunday and I really dont want any of you flexing yer muscles and comin oot wi stupid whit we'll dae to them comments only for the same losing it if we don't dae it.

Just keep yer powder dry and yer gubs shut.

Can't really call it tbh. Both teams have matched each other in almost every aspect.

If we play like we did first half at Feyenoord we'll get beat. Play like we can play with everyone firing on full cylinders, I think we'll win.

When we lost at home to them, we were very poor and set up wrong, yet we were still in the match up until they got the second.

The first goal is crucial as always in these games. We need to get the first and not concede 2 seconds later, which seems to happen all too often when we face better opposition.

I'd say it's slightly in their favour, they have the winning mentality instilled in them more due to past seasons. Our team will have to get over that last hurdle at some point though, and if these players really want it, they've got more than enough in their tank to win the cup.

Alfie will score if he gets the chance.

Always bricking it when we play 'them'.

At times im confident that we will beat them only to be let down.

Stomach churning. Im unsure of the outcome.

But....we are playing well as they are. Big test to see how good we are at the moment.

Not confident at all.
Watched the bastards against Livi & Rennes hoping to see some weak links but unfortunately they were very ruthless and looked the part, especially going forward.
Our defence will need to have their 'A' game to keep the Chomo's out.

Not confident at all.
Watched the bastards against Livi & Rennes hoping to see some weak links but unfortunately they were very ruthless and looked the part, especially going forward.
Our defence will need to have their 'A' game to keep the Chomo's out.
Why base it on those 2 games ? just because those are the ones you watched ?

It's going to be hard no doubt, a lot will come down to bottle but you would think it was 2016/2017 again on here facing them

Last edited:
i always try to keep in mind just how far back Rangers were as a consequence of the massive financial advantages the yahoos inherited and benefited from when we were (unfairly) demoted to the bowels of Scottish football.

Despite this, and against all the odds, we have now clawed our way back to a situation of parity or near parity with them. However, if I'm honest, the one area that we are still deficient in is the defence. Tav, Goldson, and Helander aren't always as solid and consistent as you'd hope for, and against decent teams they get caught out. Sort this out and I'd be genuinely confident of taking them.

But the Cup Final is after all an OF game - all kinds of factors come into play - so Rangers could well pull it off. We have shown last season that we can beat them, but Gerrard and all of the players will have to bring their 'A-game'.

Striker Odsonne Edouard is a doubt for next weekend's Scottish League Cup final, says Celtic boss Neil Lennon.

I am confident, if we press and close down. None of their players like anyone closing them down... yet that is what teams dont do in Premiership (including our players in last game). They shit themselves when closed down, we saw it in the games last season we won.

Get in tight, close them down, watch Christie, and that is it.

I can see they have a wee guy on the right, Frimpong, who is fast. If he played for us he would be booted into the stand within the first minute of every game in a "welcome to Scotland" scenario

We will have to be right up for it with every player playing there part for the full match, closing down and working flat out, anything less and I dont think we will win, We still have that mental barrier to break through and for the players to show no fear. The talking about what we are going to do is over it's time to show it on the park.

We need to be aggressive and get after them from the start. Get our tails up.

Sit back and be passive and they’ll have plenty of joy.

Worry about us defending set pieces too tbh.

Hopefully we feed the Buff and he scores.

50/50

We will be up for this one and have beaten better than them already this season . And we are still improving. I'm very confident. So much so I'm worried I could be building myself up for a fall but that's just the psychology of the last few years kicking in. Nothing is a cert but I haven't been so sure of turning them over since the 90s

I am confident, if we press and close down. None of their players like anyone closing them down... yet that is what teams dont do in Premiership (including our players in last game). They shit themselves when closed down, we saw it in the games last season we won.

Get in tight, close them down, watch Christie, and that is it.

I can see they have a wee guy on the right, Frimpong, who is fast. If he played for us he would be booted into the stand within the first minute of every game in a "welcome to Scotland" scenario
Pingpong won't be playing against us absolutely no chance.

I was very confident of a victory in the first game of the season and they beat us without having to get out of first gear.

We need to be at them from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back