How confident are you for the final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last game, odd team selection apart, we sat off them and didn’t close down until they got over the half way line. Previous three games against them we pressed them high as a unit across the park with the midfield high up in support and got right in their faces. Do this, again and, along with us being stronger, we’ll win. Eduardo, Ntcham are the only threats. We’ve got to smother them as before, force the mistakes high up the park and exploit them in numbers. We’ve got to be tactically brave. Sit off them and we’re more likely to lose.

Now that I've got a ticket Super Confident.

Ps haven't seen us beat Declan since 4-2 Naismith 1st goal. #This time #55Express.

For me they're favourites. We didnt turn up in our last game and had a shocker. Quite honestly im not sure if they have the stones to win a cup final against them. Im sitting 70/30 in their favour. Our record against them the last few years is fucking shite.

It's brilliant how so many people say they never ever watch them but are able to comment where there strengths and weaknesses are . 2-1 for me, Alfie and Helander.

Always the same against them 50/50 and will feel the same up until matchday.

Morning of the match and I'm more 70/30 in our favour just through the buzz of the game. It will be close but honestly if we can score early they will fold. We really need to attack and press right from the get go.

Let's just go at them from the off and win this.

At the moment 40/60 against us winning.
I know we can do it but we have to be up and at them from the first minute.
Souness started his revolution of winning trophies back in the day beating them 2-1 in the Skol Cup final..
Hopefully another Liverpool legend starts his trophy revolution in similar fashion

I normally say hope for the best, prepare for the worst. However in this case that's a bit negative. I want the lads to go out fired up to beat the bastards. Retaliate first!!

IMO stop Eduard (sp) and we should win it. Forrest like Tavernier doesn't turn up in these games, and he is the main threat . Morelos is going to cause them loads of problems

I'm only confident against those c.unts when the Rangers are three goals ahead and the game is in second-half injury time. They are the jammiest bastards known to man.

Twice against them recently we haven't got a result (first game piggery last season, first game Ibrox this season) because we didn't back ourselves for whatever reason.

When we've taken the game to them we've shown we have nothing to fear. Still can't believe how much the gaffer over-thought it last time.

I am Nervous as hell about it, I think this could be the start of it or a huge set back for us.

We have been performing brilliantly but so have they. I see no neck got a double today which will see his form come back.

Just hope the team do us proud.

Stop Brown, we win, it's that simple.
Make him look like a non-entity, job done.
The Manager needs to prevent him looking like he knows how to play football.

Not really the place to post it but can't find anywhere else

Hearing eduoard was limping off asking to be subbed today at their game?? Hope that's him out for a few games would be good news for us

We need to win the 50:50s in midfield. We didn't in the first half earlier in the season, despite managing to do so in the two home games last season. It's a game that actually suits McCrorie - someone to just get stuck into Brown and allow Jack and Davis to play (Polster is probably the closest alternative that we have in the squad).

Regardless, I think it'll be close. Us to win on penalties again.

Hard to be over confident, and there's not much to base that on unfortunately. However, I do think we will win. The size of the pitch could help them though as on the counter they hit you hard with runners from everywhere.

Anyway, they have to lose a final at some point.
It's the same size as Ibrox and the cesspit

50/50 for me.

Gerrard shat it last time out, for no real reason either.

I think we’ll go;

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Helander
Borna

Jack
Davis
Kamara

Arfield/Jones
Morelos
Kent

Need the same intensity at last seasons final 3 OF games.

The idea of not pressing their defence high and quickly was infuriating.

I like the idea of Jones’ pace. Though, a last season Arfield snapping into things is great to set the tempo.

50/50 but their is a wee voice in my head saying “they have to lose a final at some point”and let’s face it if anyone is going to do it,it’s us.

Still feel like its probably about 60/40 to them as a previous poster also mentioned, just for the fact they put two past us at Ibrox with an entirely new squad of players that had never previously played together. I'm still perplexed by that game.

So we need to bring the trophy back to Ibrox, first major silverware since we won the league on 15 May 2011. A long time ago!

we're new to finals of late,as are our players. hope we don't freeze a bit on the day. they lot on the other hand have played in all finals last few years and are used to it. I think we have the better players and they show that on the day.

Get stuck into them from the first whistle. They don’t like it when other teams stand up to them.
Total contempt to be shown at all times.

40/60 in the yahoos favour, simply because I think it will come down to a defensive mistake and we are more likely to make that mistake.

Think like a lot of folk. I’m 50/50 on this game.

All I really want is to turn up and play the way we can play. Don’t have a similar situation to first game against them this season where we are came away disappointed not just with the result but also how we allowed them to strut around without really giving them a game.

But we play likes of porto etc then we have every chance and as some said they have to get beaten in a cup final at some point.

Hard to be over confident, and there's not much to base that on unfortunately. However, I do think we will win. The size of the pitch could help them though as on the counter they hit you hard with runners from everywhere.

Anyway, they have to lose a final at some point.

Have you seen us on the break?

We have the ability to win - how we start will be crucial. They overpowered us from the start at Ibrox and we never recovered.

We need to be at it from the get go, none of this feeling our way into the game for 20 minutes we seem to do in some games. I'm 50/50, could be a close 3-2 either way.

If everyone is fit and on their game we are more than capable of beating them.

Key players for us are going to be the two centre half’s, the midfield and Alfredo. Fin they are all up for it and on their game I reckon we can beat them.

At the moment not very. We have started games very slowly and that lot the opposite.

If we dont come out the traps flying it could end up like the last game.

One thing to benefit us though is Barisic, Kent and Alfie will all start, so will hopefully be a totally different Rangers from that game.

If I knew Jones would be starting I would be more confident. We need all 11 players to be on their game and there's far more chance of JJ turning it on at Hampden than Ojo or Arfield currently.

But to be honest, as much as this trophy is massive and I'd love us to win it, if we lose I don't think it will have as big an effect as everyone thinks. Same goes for them, if we beat them I don't think it will have a huge effect on them either.

We have temper expectation with reality. The scum are in a decent bit of form and are a good side. We are a good side too but seem to be picking up good results without playing as well as we can. If we play like we did against Hamilton or the first half last Thursday, we will be in for a long afternoon.

The main reason for confidence is that we seem to have a knack of getting through games now and it is not a doubt that we play better against better teams.

As it stands they have to be favourites but with the knowledge that if we perform as well as we can, we can win. It will take all 11 to be on their game from the start. A run of good results and performances from us leading up to the final would be a huge boost and we must focus on Hearts and Aberdeen. 4 wins from 4 between now and the 12th December sets us up perfectly for going into the new year. This is the most pressure both clubs have been under simultaneously for a good while. If we get through the month ahead, with a cup and Europa league last 32 under our belts, you would have to say momentum has shifted and make us favourites for the title. If not, we will have a lot of work to do.

If I knew Jones would be starting I would be more confident. We need all 11 players to be on their game and there's far more chance of JJ turning it on at Hampden than Ojo or Arfield currently.

But to be honest, as much as this trophy is massive and I'd love us to win it, if we lose I don't think it will have as big an effect as everyone thinks. Same goes for them, if we beat them I don't think it will have a huge effect on them either.
Not so sure. Their group of players has not tasted meaningful defeat in the best part of 4 years and it is a sporting cliche that winning breeds winning. If we lift the trophy we not only prove to ourselves that we can win tournaments, we prove to the world that they are not infallible. I genuinely feel that once that aura is cracked, things will go downhill pretty quickly for them.

Not so sure. Their group of players has not tasted meaningful defeat in the best part of 4 years and it is a sporting cliche that winning breeds winning. If we lift the trophy we not only prove to ourselves that we can win tournaments, we prove to the world that they are not infallible. I genuinely feel that once that aura is cracked, things will go downhill pretty quickly for them.
So you think if we win next week we are strong favourites for the title and if we lose then we have no chance of the title? I think it will still go down to the last few games regardless of who wins it. I get that it will be their first taste of defeat in ages, but no chance will they implode like people think. Maybe after 55 aye, not the league cup though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back