Worried about Thursday after some players reactions.

I think we'll do ok in Europe. In all honesty I'm worried about next weekend more. We really need something to fall our way this month, a bit of luck ie them slipping up. We are slap bang in the middle of a horrendous schedule that sees us play 7 out of 9 away from home, with Motherwell (probably tougher than Aberdeen), Hibs and them away still. They also have an extra game , should they win will make things look worse. Need someone to take points of them before they meet us. Just to add and I don't want to sound paranoid but they'd be shouting from the roof top if the were dealt the fixture schedule we have.
By the time we’ve played them at Parkhead they will have played 11 games at home to our 8 if my counting is correct.
Whatever happened to Home/Away on alternate weeks?

More worried about Sunday. Think we will get through on Thursday but any more dropped points in the league and we need to go to the piggery for a must win match

I think we are already there , we must go there and win , something we haven’t done in a long time .

Decembers a big ask , qualify for last 32 , win every league game and then win at the piggery .

the next two weeks will determine how our season unfolds imo

I disagree, someone going to take an absolute fcking off us what better way than going out looking for a victim and revenge by giving murder well a thrashing proper 7 nil tanking best way to exercise a bad day by after beating youngboys..

If we lose on Thursday then questions will start being asked of Gerrard for the first time.

Do a draw at Pittodrie, an unfortunate loss in a Cup Final and failing to progress from Europa Group Stages (after 4 rounds of qualifying and wins/away draws against Porto and Feyenoord) really justify questions over the manager?

In Gerrard's time at the club we've had setbacks but we've come back from every one stronger.

Lost the first OF game of his tenure, by January we were neck and neck having beaten them.

Went out of the LC last season at the semi-final, this season we've made the final and lost in the cruellest of ways.

Went out of the EL meekly to Rapid Vienna, this season we're on course to top the group ahead of sides like Porto and Feyenoord.

I have every faith in the management and players we will rise to the challenge on Thursday and come through with a good win. Whilst I do expect others on here to brand my view as delusional, we need to have a sense of realism about where we are. We do not have the finance to buy winners but just emerging talent. It is marginal gains at present but we are gaining and the margins these days are offside goals.

I am not worried about Thursday and as far as I am concerned it can’t come quickly enough.

Although, it still hurts, Sunday will bring the Squad and Support closer together.

Regarding Motherwell we have just received our first away SPL tickets for the Season since all others so far have come through the Bus.

So for me it’s No Surrender and onto 55.

WATP

Goldson was in tears aswell

I’m glad, at least they showed that it means something to them
This.

I'd be more worried if they just walked off at full time.

Not a chance they'll want to feel how they did again at full time yesterday.

We simply have to win every game up till we play the Micks again on the 29th.

They have an extra game at Tynecastle on the 18th so realistically we will be going there 5 points behind albeit with a game in hand.

Thursday too we have to get through or this season could unravel.

Hope I'm wrong.

Ryan Jack crying on the field Tav looked close to tears on his interview using words like devastated I know yesterday was ball buster but it has me worrying Thursday might be too soon for some.

If we don’t go through the season is hanging by a thread imo if the players can’t get it done.
I expect a positive reaction, it's not as if we were played off the park,which granted,makes it a bit worse,but I've no doubt the Gaffer will rally the troops,just hope the team that played tonight came through unscathed,for me he should stick with that team. We can't afford to soul search now,not while there is much to play for.

I'm not as concerned as I could have been because surely the players have been inspired by Gerrard post-match, and what he had to say about them.

Ryan Jack crying on the field Tav looked close to tears on his interview using words like devastated I know yesterday was ball buster but it has me worrying Thursday might be too soon for some.

If we don’t go through the season is hanging by a thread imo if the players can’t get it done.
You're dead right there mate, I'm also worried about where their heads are at.

As I keep saying, Sunday’s trophy was number 4 in terms of priorities.
The Europa league is bigger in cash terms but is probably number three in real life as we are not going to win it.
The most important is the SPFL title and it would be brilliant to win the Scottish Cup.
The pain the players feel from Sunday will hopefully be directed into winning a bigger price than the one they lost out on.

I don't mind the tears and rueful expressions.

I'd say it's mostly based on sheer frustration at all that effort and control culminating in no reward.

Hopefully it inspires a vengeful state of mind that they take out on every team we play from here on in.

It either makes or breaks them.

Young Boys, Motherwell, Hibs, Kilmarnock and the bheggars. We are about to find out what this squad of players are all about after two disappointing results.

Do a draw at Pittodrie, an unfortunate loss in a Cup Final and failing to progress from Europa Group Stages (after 4 rounds of qualifying and wins/away draws against Porto and Feyenoord) really justify questions over the manager?
Losing a 2 goal lead, losing a cup final we completely dominated and going out of Europe at home after practically being qualified with 2 games left probably do.

Its the managers responsibility after those results to get them back up for the next week and instill an attitude that means they can respond. If they come out on Thursday flat and lose then its the manager who will carry the can for it.

Not from me.

Porto away. First half against Aberdeen. Game yesterday. We're moving in the right direction with Gerrard.
We didnt beat Aberdeen despite being 2-0 up and cruising. We lost to Celtc despite completely dominating and them getting out their own half about a dozen times and playing with 10 men for a third of the match. If we lose to Young Boys, who have been the worst team weve faced in Europe since Progres, then people will be turning on the manager.

Im probably what would be described as a 'happy clapper' on here and loathe to criticise the team, even after yesterday, but eventually its the manager who starts taking the blame for the players.

This week has felt like the disaster one we had back in '94 when we lost to them, went out CL against AEK and went out the league cup all in the same week(if my memory serves me right?) Got confidence in us for YB game though, we'll go through by taking yesterday out on them!! Hopefully no more injuries though!!

This week has felt like the disaster one we had back in '94 when we lost to them, went out CL against AEK and went out the league cup all in the same week(if my memory serves me right?) Got confidence in us for YB game though, we'll go through by taking yesterday out on them!! Hopefully no more injuries though!!
We did, beaten at Ibrox by Falkirk in the league cup, and it was Smiths infamous bad week where he was supposedly facing the sack.

They are professionals. They need to move on and they will.

I’m glad they were gutted with yesterday’s outcome. Anything less is totally unacceptable.

Goldson was in tears aswell

I’m glad, at least they showed that it means something to them

Exactly this for me. I want players devastated. I want them in tears. I want them feeling the gut wrenching agony we all felt. They need to know it matters to us all. They need to know that second place is nothing. They need to never want to feel that way ever again.

We didnt beat Aberdeen despite being 2-0 up and cruising. We lost to Celtc despite completely dominating and them getting out their own half about a dozen times and playing with 10 men for a third of the match. If we lose to Young Boys, who have been the worst team weve faced in Europe since Progres, then people will be turning on the manager.

Im probably what would be described as a 'happy clapper' on here and loathe to criticise the team, even after yesterday, but eventually its the manager who starts taking the blame for the players.
Gerrard obviously has the backing of the board as we are supposedly extending his contract till 2024.
Long term plan in place.

Last edited:

You really do get some crackers on here. You couldn’t make them up.

You really do get some crackers on here. You couldn’t make them up.
You think they were better than Feyenoord, Porto, Legia and Midtjylland?

Maybe theyve been great the rest of the games but they werent great against us and the least potent side weve played since Progres.

Happy clapper?
Wouldn’t like to see you in a bad mood.

Must admit, I don't like seeing our players cry on the pitch.

Although more worried Ryan Jack got an injury yesterday than about his mental state.

I can’t speak for the players but, if it was me, I’d be raging now about yesterday cheating me out of a winners medal.

I’d use that as a real spur. However, that’s just me.

Latest posts

Back