Updates to RTV

Doesn't recognise my email account what a pain in the jeer

I must have spent 100's of pounds on watching live Games

Will have to re-register

Just reset and took all of 60 seconds! Says I have a legacy subscription even though I cancelled mine through worldpay last month. Dont see any charge yet on my credit card for renewed subs that I did not want but was gonna sign up today anyway. Job done. Lets hope the stream works ok tonight.
I noticed on mine it says next payment is on the 5th of March for same price 17.25

Nice one mate, thank you. But it's not a story on the homepage and I've had no email or anything about it which seems daft.

the address for anyone else needing is rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

I noticed on mine it says next payment is on the 5th of March for same price 17.25

Similar for me mate. Your subscription, if you have one, should be listed and also the details of when the next payment is due and how much it will be. There's no need to re-subscribe.

I suggest folk go into the Update Payment Details section of their account and enter their card details - just to be sure they have them on record. This is a great change because changing card with WorldPay was a nightmare. Impossible in fact.

I knew there'd be some smart arse retort. But yeah, it's not unreasonable for a paying customer to expect that when something new is rolled out, the customer shouldn't be inconvinienced by that.

Just because it's Rangers you don't have to act like it isn't a pain in the arse to re-sign up.

If you think that 15 seconds of your life is a pain, I’m jealous that something so meaningless can mean so much to you

Put my email in and reset my password. Logged in fine no bother at all.

New layout looks far better.

Big thing they need next is an app so you can put it on a Smart TV.

I’ve reset my password and now logging in with my email and new password. Checked my account details and my full annual subscription is showing as still active.
However, every time I try to play any video it keeps telling me I need to subscribe to Rangers TV, even though I’m already logged into my full active subscription. I’m trying it on iPhone because I’m at work and no access to my computer at home. Anyone had any luck actually having your subscription recognised and played a video?

Same thing happening to me on my iPhone.
However it is working fine on my laptop

Someones actually bothered putting nice images on the Eurofiles section. All our yesterdays.

Weirdly, I can’t watch any videos. I went through the process of resetting my password and that was all fine, but when I try to watch anything it tells me I need to subscribe to watch. I already do subscribe to the full package and it says so in my account page. When I try to subscribe it even tells me I can’t do that as I’m a subscriber!!

My experience, for what its worth.

Annual overseas subscriber.
Didn’t receive an email.

Logged in on my laptop. Windows 10, chrome browser. Changed password to my email address. No problems. Went smoothly.

Logged in on my iPad, on safari. Can log in but can’t view anything. Can’t log out.

Logged on with my firestick, silk browser. Had to update the screen settings. Works way better than it did before.

Would have liked to heard something from RTV, there’s not anything I can see on the homepage either.

Will be loads of people logging in tonight before the game not knowing and having to go through this, missing out and getting peed off.

Bit shambolic again from RTV imo.

If you think that 15 seconds of your life is a pain, I’m jealous that something so meaningless can mean so much to you

Are people not allowed to expect reasonable service with something they pay for? Or to at least be told in advance what's happening?

It's basic stuff here, no one is asking for anything unreasonable. You can say it only takes a few seconds but that can be enough to lose us business.

Are people not allowed to expect reasonable service with something they pay for? Or to at least be told in advance what's happening?

It's basic stuff here, no one is asking for anything unreasonable. You can say it only takes a few seconds but that can be enough to lose us business.

Is it basic stuff? How do you know that? They’ve changed payment provided, servers and streaming provider. Not really basic stuff mate.

The irony is that the poster has spent more time moaning that they’re ‘not re-registering’ than the 15s it took me to re-register.

Being frustrated is fine, refusing to do something that literally took me 15s is petty and childish.

Weirdly, I can’t watch any videos. I went through the process of resetting my password and that was all fine, but when I try to watch anything it tells me I need to subscribe to watch. I already do subscribe to the full package and it says so in my account page. When I try to subscribe it even tells me I can’t do that as I’m a subscriber!!

Are you using safari in an iPhone by any chance? As my previous post, I had exactly the same thing. Switched to Chrome browser, logged in with my email and updated password and all videos play no problem.

Rangers were storing passwords in plain text so it's good they are fixing user security with the new passwords.

The official site has a news story explaining the changes with RTV. Subscribers can use existing email address but will be prompted to change their password, whilst non subscribers will have to re-register.

Can tonights match be purchased, or is it solely for RTV subscribers or Premier only ?

Re-Registered Thanks for the help ValleyBluenose - Looks like you have to have your VPN on in order to order the games, thats a pain as i used to order via my phone then watch on an evening, I'll get used to it...

One other question, I watch the games after kickoff and not live, i used to go into my account and watch the games from there on demand, i cant see the on demand section? or is this another section that becomes available once your VPN is connected?

I hope they dont show the score in the subject title....

Ooft. That’s not cheap! Was hoping it might have dropped :) thanks for checking.
I think last 'legacy' subscription of £193.90 was decent value and agree that £240 is a bit on the pricey side.

I justify it to myself by seeing it as my season ticket so on that basis it doesn;t feel so bad.

Is it basic stuff? How do you know that? They’ve changed payment provided, servers and streaming provider. Not really basic stuff mate.

The irony is that the poster has spent more time moaning that they’re ‘not re-registering’ than the 15s it took me to re-register.

Being frustrated is fine, refusing to do something that literally took me 15s is petty and childish.

What are you on about? No one mentioned the technical stuff. All I am saying is that it's basic stuff to let the customer know what's happening.

Also if you took the time to read the posts you would notice some of us are getting a different error and it's not just a case of re-registering in 15 seconds and that is what we were talking about.

The official site has a news story explaining the changes with RTV. Subscribers can use existing email address but will be prompted to change their password, whilst non subscribers will have to re-register.

Can tonights match be purchased, or is it solely for RTV subscribers or Premier only ?
You can buy for £7.99

Are you using safari in an iPhone by any chance? As my previous post, I had exactly the same thing. Switched to Chrome browser, logged in with my email and updated password and all videos play no problem.
Yeah, was an iPhone. Works on laptop fine. Works on private browsing mode on iPhone too, which is bizarre. Have wipes cookies and history and now works fine on normal browsing on my iPhone.

What are you on about? No one mentioned the technical stuff. All I am saying is that it's basic stuff to let the customer know what's happening.

Also if you took the time to read the posts you would notice some of us are getting a different error and it's not just a case of re-registering in 15 seconds and that is what we were talking about.

But I’m only having the debate with one person, who couldn’t be bothered to register, before you jumped in?

Be interesting to see how it handles a game and whether we'll see a genuine improvement. Has been long overdue. Certainly the video player it's using at the moment for the normal videos looks good but that really wasn't the problem.

Re-Registered Thanks for the help ValleyBluenose - Looks like you have to have your VPN on in order to order the games, thats a pain as i used to order via my phone then watch on an evening, I'll get used to it...

One other question, I watch the games after kickoff and not live, i used to go into my account and watch the games from there on demand, i cant see the on demand section? or is this another section that becomes available once your VPN is connected?

I've never used On Demand mate. They do have the full matches from previous games, plus all the highlights, 90in90 etc stuff under the First Team tab.

Dunno about needing to have the VPN on to buy an individual match as I'm an Unlimited subscriber. If you do, it would be an unnecessary change IMHO.

Anyone else use a username to login with rather than an email address? :confused:

Can only log in with an email address once you have gone through the password reset. Surely you had an email address to register with?

Everybody has an email address these days. Don't they?;)

I think last 'legacy' subscription of £193.90 was decent value and agree that £240 is a bit on the pricey side.

I justify it to myself by seeing it as my season ticket so on that basis it doesn;t feel so bad.
Yeah, the previous subscription price wasn't too bad. I actually don't think this is bad either, considering the amount of games you'll get. I'd rather pay the money to Rangers rather than Sky or BT.

The downside for me is that I have a ST this year and I'm considering subscribing to RTV so my dad can watch the games. It's a cost I could be doing without... so we'll see.

Thanks again bud.

It should show something like this:

Package
Rangers TV Monthly - Unlimited (hidden legacy £17.25) Renew of £17.25 due on 13 Feb 2020

Yip. I have
Package
Rangers TV Annual - Standard (£60)

which is wrong. I paid for an overseas annual subscription.

Who's idea was it to do this on the day of a game?

The only place I have heard of it as well is on here, no contract from Rangers whatsoever about what we might need to do. Much thanks to the guys explaining what to do but it won't help those of us who's email it doesn't recognise :(
Yup its BS not happy at all.:mad:

Spoke to the support team and they are claiming my accounts subscription had expired before the migration which triggers the need to re-sign up for the whole service.

Seems a bit messy and it looks like a lot of others are in the same boat.

Yeah, was an iPhone. Works on laptop fine. Works on private browsing mode on iPhone too, which is bizarre. Have wipes cookies and history and now works fine on normal browsing on my iPhone.
Cheers for that mate. Cleared cookies on safari on iPhone and working perfectly now.

My situation.RangersTVPlus(one off payment £96 annually)
Never received any email about the changes even though all details held by RangersTV in "my account" were correct.

Have had to do a reregister and password change to get into the site.Using the link they sent me.

Using an iMac and Safari as I have always done.Never had any problems before but I can no longer play any videos at all.

The other thing not right is that it shows in my account "RangersTV £60" and not the TVPlus.

Can only log in with an email address once you have gone through the password reset. Surely you had an email address to register with?

Everybody has an email address these days. Don't they?;)

Got there in the end, it used the email address that my WorldPay account uses so managed to login that way.

Had a play around and it looks like you are correct. It gets better though, unless you have the VPN on it won't let you select to subscribe to the Unlimited Overseas Package, you only get offered the two UK-based subscriptions. Turn the VPN on and you get offered the overseas packages as well. It doesn't tell you how much they cost though. Yet.

I’ve reset my password and now logging in with my email and new password. Checked my account details and my full annual subscription is showing as still active.
However, every time I try to play any video it keeps telling me I need to subscribe to Rangers TV, even though I’m already logged into my full active subscription. I’m trying it on iPhone because I’m at work and no access to my computer at home. Anyone had any luck actually having your subscription recognised and played a video?
Exactly the same for me. Annoyed no warning of these changes despite being a RTV ST holder for 3 years. Will see if its just a Safari issue as others suggest. Feckin stupid if it is.,

Back