Rangers Enter Market For Kit & Retail Partner

This brings back the memories of grown adults moaning about kit manufacturers.

Seems like only yesterday.

Can’t see any brand of note touching this situation with a barge pole sadly.

no way will the big sponsers touch us, because of the ashley courtcase will run and run..also a mess is the changing of the naming rights to auchinhowie..

Surely the naming of the training ground is tied in for the length of the Hummel deal and then we can call it something else

What if Nike/Adidas were some of the companies approached. Also I fail to find what's "embarrassing" about putting a world renowned brand on the market for potential kit makers/suppliers
The situation is embarrassing . If it were easy to get adidas and nike already then why did we end up with hummel and a legal mess? Have you been active in the SDI threads and realise how much of a mess and how many companies are unlikely to touch us. Also our "brand" in comparison to the EPL "brand" and therefore clubs like everton, we are small time players in the market.

I kinda feel for Hummel in all of this.

They felt like they really wanted to work with Rangers to launch their brand back into the mainstream and were very interested in making nice kits for us.

I know it's all business so emotion doesn't come into it but another company pretty much fucked over by the walking heart attack that is Ashley.
The Hummel kits were the smartest kits we've had in a while too, in my opinion.

Can see us in slazenger kits the way things are going. No doubt the clause to match any deal is still available to SDI.

A top that is historically ready for the cup final in May, and at the start of March we don’t have a design, a manufacturer or a retail partner to sell it. Two months ahead of us having to register them with the SFA. A clusterfuck. And still folk like Blair and Robertson remain in position.
And other posters are wanking themselves over th prospect of adidas. Have they been paying attention to the SDI threads?

So lets say we get under armour, how would that look with the training ground sponsered by a rival

You've lost me mate. I'm saying surely Hummel's naming rights expire at the same time as their manufacturing deal. Then we can sell the naming rights to UA or whoever.

Is this the end of the cluster %^*& of Ashley and sports direct, I won't get excited, seems as though we have been here so many times before.

Wonder what happened to SD/Arsewipe thought we handcuffed to them for years?? Good news though

I kinda feel for Hummel in all of this.

They felt like they really wanted to work with Rangers to launch their brand back into the mainstream and were very interested in making nice kits for us.

I know it's all business so emotion doesn't come into it but another company pretty much fucked over by the walking heart attack that is Ashley.

Yep a really sad outcome Hummel have been a great partner considering our circumstances and made some great kits.

Going by our recent run in the courts you wonder how this is going to pan out ?

Do sh*tdirect still have "option" to match any offer ?

Same question re the "Mega Store"

There has to be an "out" agreed

On personal note i would hope for Nike purely because it lets us get USA exposure - sick to death seeing the green n grey of the molesters getting sold in the growing Nike outlets and Soccer shops

Let's see if there is any info passed with real detail to it ?

This is embarrassing, most don't want to call it what is. We're firing shot at Hummel, who we chose. Elite, who we chose. New SDI deal, which we chose. It's like we cook an egg toss it up and let is land on our face then crack another.

I'll be happy when it's 100% out terms but for now I'm not holding out for much.

This is embarrassing, most don't want to call it what is. We're firing shot at Hummel, who we chose. Elite, who we chose. New SDI deal, which we chose. It's like we cook an egg toss it up and let is land on our face then crack another.

I'll be happy when it's 100% out terms but for now I'm not holding out for much.

Did we know Elite were going to do the dirty ?

There's got to be some ulterior motive for this statement.
Surely we could have let any viable companies know about the change in our retail situation and sounded them out privately to see who would be interested.
Surely there has to be something else behind this.
I mean come on, I've never heard of anyone doing this, let alone just before March when most new kits will be out in a few months.

Another thread where posters kid on they know about multi million pound sponsorship deals and how the club are making a mess of things
Sorry? We have all seen the court documents. It's a mess mate. Undeniably. Elite wont pay us the money. We will likely go to court with them. We cant speak to hummel. We have 3 months to sort a kit. We have plenty evidence that the board have messed this up so far. Have you regularly kept up to date with all the SDI threads and read the court documents?

What's happened to allow the club to anounce this, I thought Ashley had us tied up in a never-to-end, merchandise deal?

Back