New membership scheme

lucky for me i can attend this meeting tonight then , before 2012 our bus went from mid 35's to full most games after the summer of 2012 it plummeted to 25 and under even 15-20 making the 440 mile round trip, slowly but surely we are getting our numbers up to 30 but if being " categorized by the club and the RSC not being big enough to source tickets the lads that can't get away games might chuck it altogether .............

how much money would Rangers lose ? so much for being loyal it feels as if we are being penalised for not staying within 30 minutes of Ibrox

I look forward to speaking to you tonight then and let’s see if your attitude is the same after it!

Proportionally? So would going to Moscow get the same point as going to Fir Park or not?

Sorry to be slightly negative but this has shambles written all over it. Who is going to administer the new scheme? Our TO are under pressure as it is. I reference in particular your comment about if a boat is cancelled folk might still get a point, who is going to deal with all these requests?

Finally, when will this likely be up and running being as ST renewals will be out in about 7 weeks time? To try and have this in place for next season would be amateurish at best.
And going by the original post, if that is how it works, going to the 4 away qualifiers is worth the same as going to one home friendly.

staff are being added that’s remit is specifically to deal with the data from membership.

the points for the initial loyalty standings haven’t been finalised. We wouldn’t look to use game by game for domestic away games initially nor would attendance data be used to build up the the points.

you would get a set number of points for being on the away cccs for that season.

Travel club points will be converted to the new system directly.

I look forward to the fall out if 2015/16 away scheme is included in any calculation

they are paying us lip-service , the club know what they want to do

The club have built a proposition based on multiple years feedback from supporter surveys and focus groups as well as consulting with a sports data company who analysed membership and ticketing at the largest clubs in the UK in Europe as well as some non-football organisations.

Home games are completely different to Away games though. With the proposed change it’ll essentially put away RSCs off the road and it’ll lead to fans having to travel a fair distance to get on other buses. It’s hard enough running away buses as it currently is never mind making it harder
Depends how they work it percentage wise I actually agree with what they are doing with ghost rsc as they're are to many but rsc should get a higher percentage of tickets but then only if those members are not also included in cccs scheme ie can't be in both

Depends how they work it percentage wise I actually agree with what they are doing with ghost rsc as they're are to many but rsc should get a higher percentage of tickets but then only if those members are not also included in cccs scheme ie can't be in both

That makes no sense unless an RSCs category will be based on membership rather than ST holders.

If it’s the former, you have a situation where fans are paying twice. RSCs buy tickets for members without STs so it wouldn’t work

Just means everything will become a closed shop with regards tickets.

The new system will (if this comes in) will get abused worse than the current one.

Disagree. Rolling timeline and tiered status with some tickets guaranteed on each tier for most games will allow some different fans to attend. Though some games (such as Celtic away) would purely be loyalty.

the current system is massively flawed.

over 15000 on the away scheme and yet the additional ST J allocation still hasn’t sold out.

I look forward to speaking to you tonight then and let’s see if your attitude is the same after it!

what attitude ? i'm merely questioning the proposals and the pit falls and how it will effect fans from a distance the problems we face are entirely different to those who stay close to Ibrox and are now going to be punished for it

Disagree. Rolling timeline and tiered status with some tickets guaranteed on each tier for most games will allow some different fans to attend. Though some games (such as Celtic away) would purely be loyalty.

the current system is massively flawed.

over 15000 on the away scheme and yet the additional ST allocation still hasn’t sold out.

Additional ST allocation?

And going by the original post, if that is how it works, going to the 4 away qualifiers is worth the same as going to one home friendly.

@Greg Marshall This is my point regarding TC points.You’ve said they will be transferred to the new scheme however can you explain the rationale (if it’s known.) Having accrued fairly high points, I will be very unhappy if they are not reflected as such.

The club is looking to ensure the stadium is full as every week we are selling out and thousands of tickets go unused. Buying the ticket is the most important thing to the club true but going and supporting the team has value as well. And if you can’t go giving that opportunity to another supporter.

The attendance or seat sub options when seat sub is available makes sense. If seat sub isn’t an option then there would be no bonus on attendance.

I’m currently on the cccs I pay for every competitive game weather Im able to attend or not with no option for seatsub outwork league games has the club any plans to change this?

I’m currently on the cccs I pay for every competitive game weather Im able to attend or not with no option for seatsub outwork league games has the club any plans to change this?
Seat sub for non-league games has been discussed Generally would only really be valid for euro games as that’s the ones we sell out regularly. No confirmation on whether that would be introduced for next season.

It's aw money to the club etc. :rolleyes:

Essentially the members of the 'focus group' can afford what they propose so aren't bothered if others are priced out.

The 'status' offered by the tiers is subtle manipulation.
I really doubt anyone who is on a lower income was in attendance so it’s now how much money fans are willing to pay before they drop it altogether so these folk who can are able to go to every away game.

Hopefully careful consideration will be given to this. Several other posters on this thread are expressing the same concerns.

When will the scheme be implemented?

it’s fair to say in the test data we looked at those with the highest travel club points tended to come out at the top of the projected initial loyalty points standings.

The plan is for next season

@Greg Marshall whats the situation with fans who don’t sign up for away cccs but have high points on travel club?

You’ll have guys who don’t travel domestically but go everywhere abroad but under proposals home ST holders will have more chance of going on the odd trip abroad than people that have travelled everywhere.

Has this been considered?

Greg what makes you think the club can run a loyalty scheme for 10,000s when the travel club with a few 1000 members has been widely abused this season as you know .
I am on max points for the travel club ,should I be concerned that my loyalty in traveling abroad to 126 competetive games over the last 42 years will be forgotten (this does not include friendlies) , if so it is against everything you are proposing.
Greg Marshall ?

I really doubt anyone who is on a lower income was in attendance so it’s now how much money fans are willing to pay before they drop it altogether so these folk who can are able to go to every away game.

we haven’t means tested the people attending however the membership is way beyond just away tickets. That was the focus of last nights meeting but we also have non-ST memberships, kids and overseas. Benefits, experiences, prizes all included in every option.

in some of the focus groups we had non-ST holders and having a membership allows them to build up their loyalty points. Can also give them a priority window for buying home tickets as right now they sell out so quickly.

Seat sub for non-league games has been discussed Generally would only really be valid for euro games as that’s the ones we sell out regularly. No confirmation on whether that would be introduced for next season.

club can't resell tickets for home European games

@Greg Marshall whats the situation with fans who don’t sign up for away cccs but have high points on travel club?

You’ll have guys who don’t travel domestically but go everywhere abroad but under proposals home ST holders will have more chance of going on the odd trip abroad than people that have travelled everywhere.

Has this been considered?

Yeah it’s been discussed. As stated the final amount of loyalty assigned for the travel club games has still to be decided but intially those on high TC points would have a big leg up imo.

with moving from individual loyalty to a wholistic points system we are looking at the fans overall behaviours and actions to get their loyalty points scoring - not just any single action.

with moving from individual loyalty to a wholistic points system we are looking at the fans overall behaviours and actions to get their loyalty points scoring - not just any single action.

In which case why would a fan's choice of function for a party, wedding, birthday make a difference?

Yeah it’s been discussed. As stated the final amount of loyalty assigned for the travel club games has still to be decided but intially those on high TC points would have a big leg up imo.

I’m on 9 TC points. I’ve been allocated 2 domestic aways all season although attended several more. This is where I can see it flawed.

What’s the story with semi and finals? Does this in effect almost end the home cccs? I don’t make the cup games to be honest but pay for it anyway if I ain’t gonna get the points for not attending id imagine it’s something I’ll certainly be giving a miss

I’m on 9 TC points. I’ve been allocated 2 domestic aways all season although attended several more. This is where I can see it flawed,

the fact that you only have received 2 from the current system?

you would get points from being on the away cccs for this season. Not what domestic sway games you were allocated.

the other methods you used to get your ticket for the other domestic away games were outside cccs so outside the scope for earning loyalty on them.

closed shop means only those at the top get the tickets. Our proposal is tiered for standard away games

When will we find out what tier we are?

Also will it be tiered for everything combined or will it be away games tier, European away games and Cup games?

What’s the story with semi and finals? Does this in effect almost end the home cccs? I don’t make the cup games to be honest but pay for it anyway if I ain’t gonna get the points for not attending id imagine it’s something I’ll certainly be giving a miss

home cccs will continue and will still be the initial check box for access to semi finals and finals.

Just catching up with this. I can understand it from the clubs point but some fans are going to feel shafted.
How much points are being awarded against your purchse history & how far back are we going?

It seems to be more negative than positive on here. Lots of people are going to feel hard done by.

For clarity, what is a ghost RSC?

If that’s the case then, the whole crux of the loyalty scheme is away games.

not really , whats the point of being loyal if someone can tick the semi final and final option and get a ticket for a semi final or final than someone who has actually been " Loyal "

Home games are completely different to Away games though. With the proposed change it’ll essentially put away RSCs off the road and it’ll lead to fans having to travel a fair distance to get on other buses. It’s hard enough running away buses as it currently is never mind making it harder
Not disagreeing with the away part being different as we organise buses with other local clubs for pretty much every away game now but it's up to us to fight for every ticket, you could say the strongest away buses at the moment are the ones that don't run buses to Ibrox, they're in a position to register loads of members and have a wider reach with getting folk to go on CCCS to get them tickets though.

5 years am sure it is.

Yeah, heard 5 years but not sure how they can include away games from 2015/16 when people who boycotted season before were unable to sign up for away games

In my opinion it should be ST for 5 seasons but away scheme for 4

It seems to be more negative than positive on here. Lots of people are going to feel hard done by.

For clarity, what is a ghost RSC?

an Registered club that exists in order to maximise ticket allocations rather than being a genuine supporters club.Standard example is when a club gathers enough names so that it can get multiple catA+ clubs do splits in two to double the allocation.

Back