Stick with Gerrard

He has made plenty of mistakes and he is far from blameless. He has admitted himself he has made mistakes.

I just cant take people serious though who try and convince themselves we haven't improved and people who are just oblivious to the task of overhauling this relentless Celtic team as well. 100 points might not have been enough for us to win the league this season and we've never had 100 points in my lifetime from what I can remember.

Sometimes you need to just put your hands up and admit that lot are having an exceptional season. If this becomes their ''norm'' then we are in far big trouble than anyone realises.
We've improved but does the fact we have not become irrelevant to our form since the return from the break? We had the ability to win the games we've dropped points in, and it has been an issue. What comfort does Gerrard take from our improvement when even he isn't surprised when we're not winning games, as he suggested yesterday?

Being realistic is mental?

You don't sack a manager who's continued to improve your team, now that, is mental. You sack them when they regress or stalemate. Not when they're improving you.

"So Mr. Gerrard, we see we've finished with more points than last season. We also got further in the cups. We also got further in Europe. I see we also won for the first time in 10 years at the piggery. By the way, you're sacked." What the %^*& is wrong with people?

These folk do't realise how lucky we are to have Gerrard. We would be lost without him.

He won the Championship with Brighton then kept them up for 3 seasons.

He has zero European pedigree but until we start winning things domestically it doesnt really matter to me.. I am however confident he could guide us to the group stages for the £££££ required.

I really want/ wanted Gerrard to succeed but tactically hes all over the place.

I just cant get behind a manager who cant see the obvious failings in his system.

99% of FF can see 2 up front suits us so much better.. the 20 mins where Kamberi and Alfie were on the park together proved its correct.. yet he reverts back to 433 and will do again at Tynecastle.. its infuriating.

For every good sub hes made I could name 2/3 that are mind boggling.. most are like for like even when struggling.

Rugby park was the final straw for me.. he stood like a mannequin for 80 minutes as the game was clearly slipping away from us.. I want a manager that's pro active and can change a game before the inevitable happens.

Hes had plenty time to correct this but he dosnt seem capable.

We've had Kamberi since January. Are you writing off all the good work that was done in the first 6 months of the season? I'm not looking to argue with you. I'm interested in your train of thought. We all want the same thing and that's a Rangers team that's capable of winning the league. I don't care who the manager is

Sure he’s big enough to say what he thinks himself,

I Think McInnes would have done better in the league but much worse in Europe.

McInnes has a load of managerial experience and is one of the biggest bottlers in Scottish football ffs. His football is utter turgid and god help us with the sort of players he would want to sign for us as well.

McInnes has a load of managerial experience and is one of the biggest bottlers in Scottish football ffs. His football is utter turgid and god help us with the sort of players he would want to sign for us as well.

He’s proved he can beat the shite with a much smaller budget, I don’t want him for manager at all.

I will explain this again a poster said pep wouldn’t have beaten StJohnstone and I said a Jobber like McInnes would.

Please read the full thread .

He also has Gerrards number inside out.

How would be lost without him? He’s literally never won anything with us he’s 0/5 so far on the trophy front and people think it’s acceptable for a Rangers manager to go 3 seasons without winning silverware.

You are part of the problem. Celtic are having a freak season and we have dropped a few stupid points. We got fucked over in the cup by an offside goal, still in the Scottish cup and have one foot in the last 16 in Europe. We have improved every year ender Gerrard, no doubt in part due to his ability to attract players to our club. Do you think these same players would have signed for us if we had McInnes? Joe Aribo would be playing for the poets for a start.

We've had Kamberi since January. Are you writing off all the good work that was done in the first 6 months of the season? I'm not looking to argue with you. I'm interested in your train of thought. We all want the same thing and that's a Rangers team that's capable of winning the league. I don't care who the manager is

The first half of the season was very good.

The biggest test for a manger is when things start to go south can they fix it?.. I dont think he has that in him due to his stubborness tactically.

Hate to say it but look across the city.. they were scraping wins by the narrowest of margins before the break then we ran over the top of them.. Lennon then changed the whole system and now their blowing teams away.

Im fed up with him having a go at the players game after game then playing he same team in the same formation the following game.. it's completely mental.

Just to be clear..their 10 in a row doesnt get to me the way it does some and I'm not pushing the panic button because of that.

I'm watching a manager who isnt learning from his mistakes and its costing us points and trophys.

He’s proved he can beat the shite with a much smaller budget, I don’t want him for manager at all.

I will explain this again a poster said pep wouldn’t have beaten StJohnstone and I said a Jobber like McInnes would.

He also has Gerrards number inside out.
So having Gerrard's 'number inside out'means sitting with everyone behind the ball and being assisted by referees who allow your team to kick %^*& out of Rangers?
You deserve a McInnes as manager.

Folk saying we've forgotten where we've came from. No we haven't. However at the minute, Gerrard has had money, the club have implemented all his improvement plans at training centre and stadium. We've got a budget which spunks over the rest of the league, by a ridiculous margin. The team we are supposed to be worried about, ie the mentally challengeds have been dealt with comfortably. The cup final was a one off fro craziness. And a dominant win at the paedodome. We've completed well in Europe against good teams. Then, a collapse, a car crash since Dubai. I am convinced something fairly substantially bad happened there, and now we can't beat semi pro doolies from Killie, St. Johnstone etc. I think Gerrard is doomed if they win the league by a comical amount of points and no Scottish cup for us.

McInnes team hasn't beat St Johnstone this season 2 draws and a defeat so far 1 win in 7, 2 defeats and 4 draws in the last 2 years Gerrard has 3 wins and 2 draws in the same period.

Are you happy with the way Gerrard is setting the team up?

Are you happy with his use of substitutions?

Surely you must see how 1 dimensional we are?

You are part of the problem. Celtic are having a freak season and we have dropped a few stupid points. We got fucked over in the cup by an offside goal, still in the Scottish cup and have one foot in the last 16 in Europe. We have improved every year ender Gerrard, no doubt in part due to his ability to attract players to our club. Do you think these same players would have signed for us if we had McInnes? Joe Aribo would be playing for the poets for a start.
Joe aribo wouldn’t even get in their team and he’s hardly set the heather on fire with us has he? 3 league goals in 25 games.

The first half of the season was very good.

The biggest test for a manger is when things start to go south can they fix it?.. I dont think he has that in him due to his stubborness tactically.

Hate to say it but look across the city.. they were scraping wins by the narrowest of margins before the break then we ran over the top of them.. Lennon then changed the whole system and now their blowing teams away.

Im fed up with him having a go at the players game after game then playing he same team in the same formation the following game.. it's completely mental.

Just to be clear..their 10 in a row doesnt get to me the way it does some and I'm not pushing the panic button because of that.

I'm watching a manager who isnt learning from his mistakes and its costing us points and trophys.
We have no control over what happens with them across the city. It's only been since after the break we've been struggling. As another poster said earlier, we are level on points with that mob at the same stage last year. The fact that they are having a good season should have no baring on who our manager is

So having Gerrard's 'number inside out'means sitting with everyone behind the ball and being assisted by referees who allow your team to kick %^*& out of Rangers?
You deserve a McInnes as manager.

It works though doesn’t it!
Funny they never get the same Joy from the sheep.

McInnes team hasn't beat St Johnstone this season 2 draws and a defeat so far 1 win in 7, 2 defeats and 4 draws in the last 2 years Gerrard has 3 wins and 2 draws in the same period.

I said with our resources you do know Aberdeen’s highest paid player is on 5 grand a week.

This is irrelevant I don’t want McInnes as manager but he would have made a better go of that game yesterday instead of trying to play football on a potato Field.

We have no control over what happens with them across the city. It's only been since after the break we've been struggling. As another poster said earlier, we are level on points with that mob at the same stage last year. The fact that they are having a good season should have no baring on who our manager is

As I've already said.. its not the points gap it's the manager using the same failed system time and time again that's got to me.

Quite frankly the first half of the season means nothing when you blow all that hard work in the space of 4 weeks.

If you can genuinly watch our games at Rugby Park.. Aberdeen at Ibrox.. Tynecaste.. St Jonstone and honestly say you're happy with what you see from the manager then fair enough.

I'm not happy with what I'm seeing from Gerrard and unless that drastcally changes I want a new manager in.

Are you happy with the way Gerrard is setting the team up?

Are you happy with his use of substitutions?

Surely you must see how 1 dimensional we are?

I was happy with things up until the winter break. It was working for us. Some of the football we played was magic. I can't explain what's happened to us since the winter break. I agree these last couple of weeks have been frustrating. Not good enough. He's not daft, he knows this. Some of his substitutions are baffling but he made subs on Sunday that worked for us. The issue was an individual mistake. We should be able to see that game out. But in the big picture Sunday changes nothing. We'll still finish 2nd and he will have learned that Katic isn't the answer. For all I like the big man just now he's not off the standard required to win this league

I was happy with things up until the winter break. It was working for us. Some of the football we played was magic. I can't explain what's happened to us since the winter break. I agree these last couple of weeks have been frustrating. Not good enough. He's not daft, he knows this. Some of his substitutions are baffling but he made subs on Sunday that worked for us. The issue was an individual mistake. We should be able to see that game out. But in the big picture Sunday changes nothing. We'll still finish 2nd and he will have learned that Katic isn't the answer. For all I like the big man just now he's not off the standard required to win this league

Katic was a super hero after beating the scum now because he’s had a couple of bad games he’s not got what it takes and it’s ok for the manager to throw him under a bus.

I suspect Morelos is suffering from some sort of burn out since he carried us for the first half of the season. We didn't have him for Hearts and his form's been off and now we find ourselves 12 behind.

When Alfie isn't doing the business the team apparently can't either, we persist and drop more points and scrape by Hibs and Livingston.

Finally yesterday we find a solution then revert back and draw! Alarming.

I suspect Morelos is suffering from some sort of burn out since he carried us for the first half of the season. We don't have him for Hearts and his form's been off and we find ourselves 12 behind.

When Alfie isn't doing the business the team apparently can't either, we persist and drop more points and scrape by Hibs and Livingston.

Finally yesterday we find a solution then revert back and draw! Alarming.

We don't have Morelos for Saturday?

Katic was a super hero after beating the scum now because he’s had a couple of bad games he’s not got what it takes and it’s ok for the manager to throw him under a bus.
I'd say the referee has had a huge role in us dropping points against them this season.
Pittodrie,Cosgrove should have been off after a couple of minutes for the over the top tackle on Davis.Stonewall penalty denied.
Ibrox.Cosgrove again,over 10 fouls and no booking.
You keep your head in the sand.

So every game we have lost is down to the Referee that’s total paranoid bullshit .

We were done at Kilmarnock by Beaton 1st goal handball, Dicker should have been sent off and nothing wrong with Alfie's goal which was ruled out and they scored from the free kick. Cup final yes goal offside, McGregor should have been sent off and at least another penalty in that game as well. The other 2 games not to blame.

[/QUOT

I keep hearing "throw him under the bus". What does that mean? Of course he was a super hero when we beat them. He only played because Helmander was injured. The whole team and management were heroes. Now it's 8 weeks later and they're all under pressure.

I'd say the referee has had a huge role in us dropping points against them this season.
Pittodrie,Cosgrove should have been off after a couple of minutes for the over the top tackle on Davis.Stonewall penalty denied.
Ibrox.Cosgrove again,over 10 fouls and no booking.
You keep your head in the sand.

You have a point about the challenge and Penalty, The game at Ibrox he would have stopped if he had been booked but he didn’t stop us beating them .

We have been the victim of some very poor decisions but you can’t blame all our dropped points to Aberdeen and Kille to refereeing decisions.

We were done at Kilmarnock by Beaton 1st goal handball, Dicker should have been sent off and nothing wrong with Alfie's goal which was ruled out and they scored from the free kick. Cup final yes goal offside, McGregor should have been sent off and at least another penalty in that game as well. The other 2 games not to blame.

I am not saying we haven’t had poor decisions we quite clearly have but Aberdeen at Ibrox and Yesterday was nothing to do with the ref.

You have a point about the challenge and Penalty, The game at Ibrox he would have stopped if he had been booked but he didn’t stop us beating them .

We have been the victim of some very poor decisions but you can’t blame all our dropped points to Aberdeen and Kille to refereeing decisions.
I've just highlighted the Aberdeen ones,it affects the game.
Killie's goal was a handball ffs,Dicker should have been off,Morelos goal should have stood.Poor referees affect the game to our detriment.

Blaming him every time something goes wrong , Yeah he’s had a few bad games but he’s also had a lot of good ones while his partner and the Captain and numerous others in the team never have a bad word said against them , That’s bad management right there.

I've just highlighted the Aberdeen ones,it affects the game.
Killie's goal was a handball ffs,Dicker should have been off,Morelos goal should have stood.Poor referees affect the game to our detriment.

So tell me what big decisions went against us yesterday, Hearts a couple of weeks ago and Aberdeen at Ibrox .

Killie yes , Cup final yes but there’s at least 3 games .

So tell me what big decisions went against us yesterday, Hearts a couple of weeks ago and Aberdeen at Ibrox .

Killie yes , Cup final yes but there’s at least 3 games .
I never mentioned yesterday or Hearts.
My reply was to you saying McInnes has 'Gerrard's number inside out',which is total bullshit.

I am not saying we haven’t had poor decisions we quite clearly have but Aberdeen at Ibrox and Yesterday was nothing to do with the ref.

Dallas was dreadful with the sheep home game Collum wasnt much better yesterday but no decisions he made effected the game. You said its total paranoia that we've lost games because of the ref but you're agreeing we've had poor decisions against us and flinging in 2 draws to back up your argument.

I said with our resources you do know Aberdeen’s highest paid player is on 5 grand a week.

This is irrelevant I don’t want McInnes as manager but he would have made a better go of that game yesterday instead of trying to play football on a potato Field.

The bold Deek managed the same result against the same club in the same stadium only a matter of weeks ago

Only difference being St Johnstone only had 9 men

Utter nonsense being written on here

I never mentioned yesterday or Hearts.
My reply was to you saying McInnes has 'Gerrard's number inside out',which is total bullshit.

Has Gerrard regularly beaten them over the last 2 seasons?

They also put us out the cup last season he’s got his number alright.

Good win against them earlier in the season but most games McInnes has held his own with less than a third of his budget.

Dallas was dreadful with the sheep home game Collum wasnt much better yesterday but no decisions he made effected the game. You said its total paranoia that we've lost games because of the ref but you're agreeing we've had poor decisions against us and flinging in 2 draws to back up your argument.

I am saying we haven’t lost all these games down to poor decisions,

We have messed up plenty ourselves.

The bold Deek managed the same result against the same club in the same stadium only a matter of weeks ago

Only difference being St Johnstone only had 9 men

Utter nonsense being written on here

Read the full thread don’t just cherry pick the end of the conversation.

How long do we wait for this transformation he’s had the best part of 2 seasons and apart from Europe we are going backwards?
Less than two years ago, we were cuffed twice by the scum (consecutive weekends?)
9-0 in total.
Only a true hater would suggest this could or would happen again this season.
Around eight months later, a win over the scum at Ibrox had given us a hope that we could only have dreamt of after that semi final.
Twelve months later, after improving on an already very credible European performance, another league win over the scum gave us, not just hope, but an expectancy.
That, to me, is improvement.
A transformation from hope to expectancy has got to be improvement.

Read the full thread don’t just cherry pick the end of the conversation.

I’ve read you say we are going backwards, being 20 odd points ahead of 3rd place, which is where we were season before Gerrard came in and better points total at this stage vs last season proves that’s nonsense and I already told you McInnes, who you said would have beaten that mob yesterday failed to do so when he played them and they only had 9 men

What else have I missed? The bit where you say McInnes has Gerrards measure?

Comedy gold

Less than two years ago, we were cuffed twice by the scum (consecutive weekends?)
9-0 in total.
Around eight months later, a win over the scum at Ibrox had given us a hope that we could only have dreamt of after that semi final.
Twelve months later, after improving on an already very credible European performance, another league win over the scum gave us, not just hope, but an expectancy.

We have spent a lot of money on players since then so we were always going to improve.

Can you seriously see Gerrard winning the league next season as I can’t he looks to have lost the players and run out of ideas.

I am all for seeing if he can win us a cup and get the form back but I think it’s highly unlikely and will give them an easy run till 10 .

I’ve read you say we are going backwards, being 20 odd points ahead of 3rd place, which is where we were season before Gerrard came in and better points total at this stage vs last season proves that’s nonsense and I already told you McInnes, who you said would have beaten that mob yesterday failed to do so when he played them and they only had 9 men

What else have I missed? The bit where you say McInnes has Gerrards measure?

Comedy gold

I said with our resources so you’ve cherry picked what you want.

McInnes has got the better of Gerrard if we played at Pittodrie tomorrow would you put your wages on it as I wouldn’t.

Has Gerrard regularly beaten them over the last 2 seasons?

They also put us out the cup last season he’s got his number alright.

Good win against them earlier in the season but most games McInnes has held his own with less than a third of his budget.
Absolute claptrap.
If McInnes “had his number” would his team not be beating Rangers?
Also, if you’re using budgets as a yardstick, you’ll accept we’ve no right we’ve no right to expect to be close to Celtic?

9-0 in total.
There is a definite fragility about the team mate, that’s concerning.

I said with our resources so you’ve cherry picked what you want.

McInnes has got the better of Gerrard if we played at Pittodrie tomorrow would you put your wages on it as I wouldn’t.
Lost confidence in SG but Mcinnes you having a laugh,Jack Ross for me

We have spent a lot of money on players since then so we were always going to improve.

Can you seriously see Gerrard winning the league next season as I can’t he looks to have lost the players and run out of ideas.

I am all for seeing if he can win us a cup and get the form back but I think it’s highly unlikely and will give them an easy run till 10 .
Plenty of managers have spent plenty of money and not improved.
Have we spent as much as the scum?
Were they not starting from a higher position?
Were they “always going to improve” as well?
Surely if we were then it follows that they were as well.
I don’t know if Gerrard will win the league next season but I do expect to improve again.
I am also unsure who the manager would be who’ll guarantee the league next season.

I think the responses to this thread are as much the problem as the 4 or 5 week blip we’ve endured. Okay that blip has cost us, but we’re punching well above our weight right now and I’m sorry to be rude but if you think otherwise you know the square root of nothing about football. Where we have come in 2 years is nothing short of miraculous and I personally would never have imagined it. Right now we can be disappointed but we cannot play an entire season on a wing and prayer. Our squad cannot afford injuries or suspensions and sadly some have let us down. Katic is not a bad player but he’s far from the finished article and the injury to Helander has forced our hand. I’m not convinced Edmundson is a CB so using him to cover Katic is maybe silly. We rely heavily on Jack and we’re now ripping Kent and Hagi new arses because their not playing like Messi and Suarez week in and week out. I think Morelos has allowed his personal life to interrupt his game, I don’t know it for sure but the evidence is there to see.

Of course I’m disappointed but I’m far from despondent, if we can squeeze into the Europa League last 16, if we can win the Scottish Cup, if we take 4 of the 6 points against the tramps, then we have truly taken steps forward.

Our progress requires our patience, starting all over again right now is simply lunacy in my opinion.

If all we’re focussed on is their tainted 9, we’ll never progress.

Back