Stick with Gerrard

And there you go again suggesting McInnes would be a Championship-winning manager at Ibrox. Why wouldn't you want him!?

No i didn’t go back and show me where I said McInnes would be a championship winning manager all I said was he would beat the dross .

It’s painful but if a complete neutral was looking at this without emotion they would be saying he’s done a good job

Trying to catch a side who has had so many years of dominance with all the cash they’ve accumulated whilst managing a club who are hugely restricted was never going to be done in such a short period of time, bottom line is he has improved us massively but the gap to close them down was and is so big, maybe too big for anyone given the same restrictions

He has his faults, many of them but not sure where else we would go for a manger now, we are sadly still seen as a basket case by many in the game

This obsession of theirs around 9 or 10 is hurting us as a club, we have no room to breathe, I’m afraid we need to let that go and concentrate purely on making us the best we can be and forget about them

No i didn’t go back and show me where I said McInnes would be a championship winning manager all I said was he would beat the dross .

We're dropping points to St.Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Hearts. If McInnes is winning those as you confidently predict, we're at the top. Or is McInnes not winning the other games?

We're dropping points to St.Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Hearts. If McInnes is winning those as you confidently predict, we're at the top. Or is McInnes not winning the other games?

He can’t beat the Tims and wouldn’t be any good in Europe but he would beat the dross .

He's a rookie manager. Even the most experienced make mistakes - indeed, repeat mistakes.

I didn't anticipate a League title this year. I hope/expect a Cup, though. The League Cup was a big blow, irrespective of how the game actually went - and SG made mistakes and panicked a little when they went down to 10 men.

Would you have taken the League Cup over reaching the Europa League group stages? I'm not sure the Board would have. And I think that's a crucial point in this. Finances.
There's a tendency to look at it too broadly.

My issue with Gerrard is the consistent failure in a specific type of game. His record in games against Kilmarnock and Aberdeen is very poor. He has failed to win against Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts on 18 occasions in all competitions and it's basically those games that are costing us domestic success - is that learning?

His system is too possession orientated, do we need to be so consumed by dominating the ball against St Mirren? If we give it away are they going to pop it about for 10 minutes? Get attackers on the pitch and play the percentages.

He has to stop criticising his players in public, that should be the nuclear option that is seldom used.

I don't agree with how SPL games are officiated but he has to factor that into his gameplan. Refs will let players kick the shit out our players and obstruct our build up play. Walter knew it and I hate to say so does Lennon. It was mistake to let McCrorie go for example - get a core of Scottish/N.I players that can win the battles and offset that with your foreign (that includes English players) flair players.

Post 1985 say, have we ever had success any other way?

And he would have if not for corrupt referees

Why should we sack him because of a referee?

This, and it all falls into place for the corrupt mob. Players get managers the sack. In our instance Refs have put pressure on SG. But he should have been calling them out when the corrupt core of bigots went into overdrive to ensure we were not playing on a level playing field.

Look how clancy allowed our players to be booted off the park and when it became redicolous pulls out his yellow card. Now watch how quick he was to book Kilmarnock players at the piggery. Basically causing 1 team injuries and giving no fouls in our case, whilst bending backwards to help his own team in celtics.

It's funny - I've bene on FF forever, but this is the first thread where I think BOTH sides are right (In their own way).

I think it's beyond question that we've made progress. However, for the money we've spent, have we made the progress to match that investment? And can Gerrard see us through this patch and onto bigger and better?

I think the jury is our on whether we're making the progress we should. I suspect the correct answer is: no, we're not making the progress we should be given the investment we've made. That said, was it ever going to be simple with a rookie manager that clearly has bags of potential, but not a lot of actual achievements?

I think for the moment we need to stick with Gerrard. Continuity tends to breed more success than churn, and we've had more turkeys than Bernard Matthews in recent years. I'd much rather opt for the chance of progress than chucking the baby out with the bathwater and starting again.

You've been on here all day talking about Gerrard. You must have someone in mind who could come in and do better

Ive said keep him to the summer and if he doesn’t win at least the cup he should go .

I have no idea the money available and who wants it if I had the full picture I could no doubt pick a better manager than we have.

You've been on here all day talking about Gerrard. You must have someone in mind who could come in and do better

Does it really matter?

Any manager he says you'll shoot it down for being unrealistic.

You've already stated we cant switch managers due to financial resources so for you its Gerrad only.

we need to keep him but he has to admit defeat with the 4-3-3 system for the games against the smaller clubs

if we can, we must play two upfront against these sort of teams

Gerrard will make the same mistakes again next season if he’s still here , I didn’t for one minute want McInnes but someone said pep wouldn’t have beat StJohnstone yesterday and I said a Jobber like McInnes would have.

Aberdeen have lost four on the spin at home. McInnes certainly isn’t the answer ffs

I never said he was I said with our resources he would have beaten StJohnstone away.

Couldn’t beat Ross County at home at the weekend with Aberdeen’s resources which a gar superior to that of County’s.

Loads of sheep fans want him sacked

Does it really matter?

Any manager he says you'll shoot it down for being unrealistic.

You've already stated we cant switch managers due to financial resources so for you its Gerrad only.

Do you have any suggestions? Who do we get and how do we fund paying off Gerrard and his backroom staff, buy new man out his contract and give him money for new players? And as I've said earlier no Pep or Klopp suggestions. Keep it real

Couldn’t beat Ross County at home at the weekend with Aberdeen’s resources which a gar superior to that of County’s.

Loads of sheep fans want him sacked

Again I don’t want him again someone said Pep couldn’t have won yesterday I said a Jobber like McInnes would have won not once have I said i want him as manager

We could’ve played until 10pm that night and we weren’t scoring.
We could have played until 10pm and they still wouldn't have won either without referee's cheating.

You're literally suggesting sacking the best manager we've had since Walter Smith because of corrupt referees.

Literally giving them what they want.

Do you have any suggestions? Who do we get and how do we fund paying off Gerrard and his backroom staff, buy new man out his contract and give him money for new players? And as I've said earlier no Pep or Klopp suggestions. Keep it real

We've had this discussion earlier.

My view is if this form continues Gerrad must go.. which would mean the board Using their own money again to pay off a failed manager and backroom staff.

I've already mentioned Chris Houghton.

I dont believe for 1 minute he wouldnt be interested or hes unrealistic.

He done a great job at Brigton despite how it ended last season.. he has loads of experience and he comes across like the cool, calm and collected type we need for what's ahead next season.

We have some very good players, international footballers and have guaranteed european football.

When Morelos leaves this summer that money will be reinvested into the playing squad and I dont doubt the board will back him.. the same way they backed Gerrad when there was apparently no money available.

He may also look at how Rodgers reinvented himself by coming to Glasgow and fancy it.

My view is if this form continues Gerrad must go.. which would mean the board Using their own money again to pay off a failed manager and backroom staff.

He done a great job at Brigton despite how it ended last season.. he has loads of experience and he comes across like the cool, calm and collected type we need for what's ahead next season.

We have some very good players, international footballers and have guaranteed european football.

When Morelos leaves this summer that money will be reinvested into the playing squad and I dont doubt the board will back him.. the same way they backed Gerrad when there was apparently no money available.

He may also look at how Rodgers reinvented himself by coming to Glasgow and fancy it.

Fair play to you mate for naming somebody. I don't know enough about him to say it he would do well or what. Has he ever won anything in his career, managed a team in Europe? Does the board have the resources to do what's required again? I would rather spend money on our squad than spunk it paying off staff

He has to get it right and hopefully fast.
He knows how to get us results in europe and i like that for the finances but we play weekly in Scottish football and if i had to pick i'd rather win domestically.
The worrying thing is we seem to be regressing and Gerrard has no answers for it.
We play to much around the back and don't attack fast enough allowing teams to get set.
We aren't patient enough at times and when things aren't going our way we panic and try to force it.
Has a team ever played two different formations one for europe and one for the league?

It is in the grand scheme of things. We could win a European trophy every season from now till the day we all die and it wouldn’t really matter if we won 0 league titles in the same period.

Nonsense. European success = cash = league titles.

Scottish cup = a good day out and a trophy to lift.

Thats it. Europe is far more important than any of the cups, and depending on far we progress could be more important than a league win.

We could have played until 10pm and they still wouldn't have won either without referee's cheating.

You're literally suggesting sacking the best manager we've had since Walter Smith because of corrupt referees.

Literally giving them what they want.
What happens if we stick with Gerrard for next season and he goes another season without without silverware? How long would you give him?

Did he apply last time I wonder. His record at Both Brighton and before that Norwich started off great guns , fizzled out and ended in him being sacked. The pressure at Rangers under the circumstances of Gerard being removed and a support largely obsessed with him winning the league at the first attempt would be ridiculous. I’m not sure any decent manager worth bothering about would want that pressure. The only managers who would apply in those circumstances would be the desperate or the deluded.

There's a tendency to look at it too broadly.

My issue with Gerrard is the consistent failure in a specific type of game. His record in games against Kilmarnock and Aberdeen is very poor. He has failed to win against Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts on 18 occasions in all competitions and it's basically those games that are costing us domestic success - is that learning?

His system is too possession orientated, do we need to be so consumed by dominating the ball against St Mirren? If we give it away are they going to pop it about for 10 minutes? Get attackers on the pitch and play the percentages.

He has to stop criticising his players in public, that should be the nuclear option that is seldom used.

I don't agree with how SPL games are officiated but he has to factor that into his gameplan. Refs will let players kick the shit out our players and obstruct our build up play. Walter knew it and I hate to say so does Lennon. It was mistake to let McCrorie go for example - get a core of Scottish/N.I players that can win the battles and offset that with your foreign (that includes English players) flair players.

Post 1985 say, have we ever had success any other way?

I agree on McCrorie. I'm not a big fan of loaning players on the premise of 'getting games'.

I don't think they necessarily improve and our expensively-assembled coaching staff should be able to do that. I can only guess they don't see McCrorie having a place in the squad. The loan is the start of moving him on.

Even if he fails to win a trophy at 9 attempts?
Yes?

If we're still improving next season and still haven't won anything then that's evidence that we were further behind than any of us thought.

However if he loses next season he will get sacked due to most of the fans turning on him as they're obssesed with 10iar. But it wouldn't be my doing.

Fair play to you mate for naming somebody. I don't know enough about him to say it he would do well or what. Has he ever won anything in his career, managed a team in Europe? Does the board have the resources to do what's required again? I would rather spend money on our squad than spunk it paying off staff

He won the Championship with Brighton then kept them up for 3 seasons.

He has zero European pedigree but until we start winning things domestically it doesnt really matter to me.. I am however confident he could guide us to the group stages for the £££££ required.

I really want/ wanted Gerrard to succeed but tactically hes all over the place.

I just cant get behind a manager who cant see the obvious failings in his system.

99% of FF can see 2 up front suits us so much better.. the 20 mins where Kamberi and Alfie were on the park together proved its correct.. yet he reverts back to 433 and will do again at Tynecastle.. its infuriating.

For every good sub hes made I could name 2/3 that are mind boggling.. most are like for like even when struggling.

Rugby park was the final straw for me.. he stood like a mannequin for 80 minutes as the game was clearly slipping away from us.. I want a manager that's pro active and can change a game before the inevitable happens.

Hes had plenty time to correct this but he dosnt seem capable.

Yes?

If we're still improving next season and still haven't won anything then that's evidence that we were further behind than any of us thought.

However if he loses next season he will get sacked due to most of the fans turning on him as they're obssesed with 10iar. But it wouldn't be my doing.
That is honestly mental.

That is honestly mental.
Being realistic is mental?

You don't sack a manager who's continued to improve your team, now that, is mental. You sack them when they regress or stalemate. Not when they're improving you.

"So Mr. Gerrard, we see we've finished with more points than last season. We also got further in the cups. We also got further in Europe. I see we also won for the first time in 10 years at the piggery. By the way, you're sacked." What the %^*& is wrong with people?

Improvement at Rangers is winning silverware and if Gerrard goes 3 seasons without winning a single trophy after having 9 attempts at it then he must go.
Improvement is improvement. You forget where we were at it seems

"So Mr. Gerrard, we see we've finished with more points than last season. We also got further in the cups. We also got further in Europe. I see we also won for the first time in 10 years at the piggery. By the way, you're sacked."

Fucking mental place this.

Tin hat on.

While every single one of us was gutted / raging about yesterday, this climb back up the leagues and improving the finances and squad to where we were before was always going to take time unless an Abramovich type individual came knocking which was never going to happen in Scotland.

While I get that loads of Bears are now questioning Gerrard and his tactics, (watching Katic blundering his way through the 90 mins, taking Alfie off when we go 2-1 up) but he is still learning his trade at this level and must be given time (Sir Alex was one game away from getting the bullet at Man U for having 2 baron seasons until the won the FA Cup) but we are something like 10 points better off this season than we were at this point last season = Progress. We made it through the league sections of the Europa 2 seasons on the bounce from the 1st qualifying stage = Progress and this year make the knockout stages where we take a goal advantage into Wednesday against the Portuguese league leaders = Progress. Let’s also add in taking 3 points at the piggery for the first time in 10 years in the last OF game = Progress.

Yes, we have some areas we need to strengthen (particularly in defence) but I am sure Gerrard has already identified where we need better players. He will learn from his mistakes as he appears to have done with Ojo who he continually played when we all said he wasn’t good enough and now he’s nowhere near the squad never mind the starting 11.

I saw some bollocks % stats yesterday comparing Gerrard to Pedro and Warburron showing he has a worse win record than those two but I know who I want in charge of this team and it ain’t the man who had no plan B, said week in week out we had great possession, showed great pitch geography, were unlucky and would regroup train hard and go again next week or the man who stood in a bush arguing with Bears who had just witnessed the worst and most embarrassing performance in Europe against a team of plumbers!

There is a huge expectation on Gerrard delivering a league title to stop the scum getting 10 in a row and yes they’ll gloat like %^*& if they get there but we know their titles are tainted. I think changing the manager at the end of this season will hand them 10, 11, 12 etc

I always feel proud that we are the ones who were born into families who are proud to support Rangers. We do not follow a rancid despicable cesspit of a club who support the IRA, employed known paedophiles at their BC and continue to distance themselves from the truth while those who were abused seek justice.

We will return to the top once again, and let’s hope it’s next season.

WATP

What's this? An outbreak of common sense? Very refreshing and long may it continue. You never know it might even catch on.o_O:D

W.A.T.P.

Improvement is improvement. You forget where we were at it seems

"So Mr. Gerrard, we see we've finished with more points than last season. We also got further in the cups. We also got further in Europe. I see we also won for the first time in 10 years at the piggery. By the way, you're sacked."

Fucking mental place this.
Winning at the piggery means nothing when you can’t beat shite Aberdeen and Kilmarnock teams.

Back