Stick with Gerrard

That would be down to the board.

We know that. We're not asking you to appoint the manager. But given it's a discussion board and you're advocating the departure of the current manager, give us a few examples of who you think would be a good replacement.

So far it's Sam Allardyce and Chris Hughton.

I actually agree with this.

DylanGer is spot on when he talks about the support turning. It feels like yesterday was a watershed moment and for all the talk of patience we still have to actually live through them winning the league and , based on form, probably another treble. You also have to be realistic and say we're in a horrible rut and more dropped points look likely. What I'm basically saying is the ill feeling towards him will only get worse.

It's unfair but I think Gerrard is savvy enough to realise what's at play here. He's got works class agents around him. It will come down to his competitive instincts and his business sense.

A mutual parting seems likely. I think he's done well but I also think he's made errors as well.

There's what you'd like to happen and what is likely to happen with these things.

He could get a job in England but no chance it'll be Newcastle

I said a good few times on here i didnt think SG would work out. In Dec i admitted I was wrong. Since the break we’ve shat the bed but still believe we need to stick with SG. He made mistakes in his first season, which he learned from. This year, hes got learnings to take away but now’s not the time to replace with someone else (unless they are Pep with a £50m war chest). He had the makings of a championship winning squad two months ago - feck knows where its gone wrong since then but i think another transfer window and we’ll be in the best possible shape we could ask for.

How long do we wait for this transformation he’s had the best part of 2 seasons and apart from Europe we are going backwards?
How can you possibly claim we are going backwards? You want to go back to Pena, Herrera? You want to go back to getting skelped by 5 goals every second time we play the tims. You want to go back to getting papped out of Europe first round?

None of us are happy with 2020 so far but these type of comments are just embarrassing. Honestly I wish people like you would just bugger off back to Football Manager

I actually agree with this.

DylanGer is spot on when he talks about the support turning. It feels like yesterday was a watershed moment and for all the talk of patience we still have to actually live through them winning the league and , based on form, probably another treble. You also have to be realistic and say we're in a horrible rut and more dropped points look likely. What I'm basically saying is the ill feeling towards him will only get worse.

It's unfair but I think Gerrard is savvy enough to realise what's at play here. He's got works class agents around him. It will come down to his competitive instincts and his business sense.

A mutual parting seems likely. I think he's done well but I also think he's made errors as well.

There's what you'd like to happen and what is likely to happen with these things.

He'll be away in the summer. The board wont sack him but he will go to save his reputation. As long as we dont totally collapse between how and the end of the season, he can sell that he's done a good job he overall.

He is savvy enough to know if he doesn't get big bucks for next season and is the manager we have when/if they win 10 it will be horrendous. If we all think its poisonous just now just wait until 10 is within their grasp, it'll be unlike anything we've ever known in our lifetimes.

We know that. We're not asking you to appoint the manager. But given it's a discussion board and you're advocating the departure of the current manager, give us a few examples of who you think would be a good replacement.

So far it's Sam Allardyce and Chris Hughton.

We've also heard GVB and FdB. Take your pick.

Tin hat on.

While every single one of us was gutted / raging about yesterday, this climb back up the leagues and improving the finances and squad to where we were before was always going to take time unless an Abramovich type individual came knocking which was never going to happen in Scotland.

While I get that loads of Bears are now questioning Gerrard and his tactics, (watching Katic blundering his way through the 90 mins, taking Alfie off when we go 2-1 up) but he is still learning his trade at this level and must be given time (Sir Alex was one game away from getting the bullet at Man U for having 2 baron seasons until the won the FA Cup) but we are something like 10 points better off this season than we were at this point last season = Progress. We made it through the league sections of the Europa 2 seasons on the bounce from the 1st qualifying stage = Progress and this year make the knockout stages where we take a goal advantage into Wednesday against the Portuguese league leaders = Progress. Let’s also add in taking 3 points at the piggery for the first time in 10 years in the last OF game = Progress.

Yes, we have some areas we need to strengthen (particularly in defence) but I am sure Gerrard has already identified where we need better players. He will learn from his mistakes as he appears to have done with Ojo who he continually played when we all said he wasn’t good enough and now he’s nowhere near the squad never mind the starting 11.

I saw some bollocks % stats yesterday comparing Gerrard to Pedro and Warburron showing he has a worse win record than those two but I know who I want in charge of this team and it ain’t the man who had no plan B, said week in week out we had great possession, showed great pitch geography, were unlucky and would regroup train hard and go again next week or the man who stood in a bush arguing with Bears who had just witnessed the worst and most embarrassing performance in Europe against a team of plumbers!

There is a huge expectation on Gerrard delivering a league title to stop the scum getting 10 in a row and yes they’ll gloat like %^*& if they get there but we know their titles are tainted. I think changing the manager at the end of this season will hand them 10, 11, 12 etc

I always feel proud that we are the ones who were born into families who are proud to support Rangers. We do not follow a rancid despicable cesspit of a club who support the IRA, employed known paedophiles at their BC and continue to distance themselves from the truth while those who were abused seek justice.

We will return to the top once again, and let’s hope it’s next season.

WATP
Very well put mate

He'll be away in the summer. The board wont sack him but he will go to save his reputation. As long as we dont totally collapse between how and the end of the season, he can sell that he's done a good job he overall.

He is savvy enough to know if he doesn't get big bucks for next season and is the manager we have when/if they win 10 it will be horrendous. If we all think its poisonous just now just wait until 10 is within their grasp, it'll be unlike anything we've ever known in our lifetimes.

The perfect scenario.

How can you possibly claim we are going backwards? You want to go back to Pena, Herrera? You want to go back to getting skelped by 5 goals every second time we play the tims. You want to go back to getting papped out of Europe first round?

None of us are happy with 2020 so far but these type of comments are just embarrassing. Honestly I wish people like you would just bugger off back to Football Manager

No need to get personal.

We are all entitled to our opinion and of course I don’t want to go back to getting beaten 5-0 but I really don’t want to see them getting 10 either .

Next season is going to be horrible. If Gerrard is here and we don't end a treble this season, the pressure is on big time. Not only for Gerrard but the players and we all know how they handle domestic pressure - they don't.

I don't think it's too much of an ask for Gerrard to have delivered a trophy in six attempts.

He's still got the Scottish Cup this season. A win stops the rot, gives us a long awaited trophy and that gives these players a taste of success, monkey off their backs and surely installs a bit of confidence and hunger for more.

No need to get personal.

We are all entitled to our opinion and of course I don’t want to go back to getting beaten 5-0 but I really don’t want to see them getting 10 either .

None of us want to see them do it. But to bring a new man in and expect him to win the league in his first season isn't going to happen. Unless we give him 10s of millions to spend. Even then it would be a big ask

I think the next week games and getting to the SCF will determine whether SG will be here next season imo if we fail I have a feeling he may well go as another failed season and his credibility is finished.

None of us want to see them do it. But to bring a new man in and expect him to win the league in his first season isn't going to happen. Unless we give him 10s of millions to spend. Even then it would be a big ask

Wim Jansen do you remember that name an unknown manager with a much smaller Budget than us stopped our 10 so to say it’s not possible Is not true.

I don’t want him sacked just now but if he doesn’t win the Scottish cup and close the gap a bit he needs to go.

Do you have faith in him to beat Killie or Aberdeen next season??

And to people outside of the bubble, he has done. The success in Europe has brought in millions, he's improved individual players that we'll sell for significant profit and we've done better in the League.

By the same token, the Board will now have to sell the job to a new manager, telling him that SG's results weren't enough to satisfy the support.

What manager is walking into this without a huge Summer budget?

Add gerrard to that list if the tims win another treble.
Exactly.

5 horrendous managers and you'd trust them to pick another one and waste even more money we can't afford? can't say I follow your logic.. surely it would be wiser to keep that money sacking gerrard and his squad and reinvesting into the team to go for 55 instead of wasting it all on a manager and having no money for new squad additions?

Btw.. If tims win another treble that's down to the referees who fucked us over, not gerrard.

I want every Rangers manager to be a success,that goes without saying,but I think he really needs to win the Scottish cup to be seen as moving forward.If he doesn’t I think the goodwill towards him will evaporate a bit.

Exactly.

5 horrendous managers and you'd trust them to pick another one and waste even more money we can't afford? can't say I follow your logic..

Btw.. If tims win another treble that's down to the referees who fucked us over, not gerrard.
Of course Gerrard gets no blame from you.

Exactly.

5 horrendous managers and you'd trust them to pick another one and waste even more money we can't afford? can't say I follow your logic.. surely it would be wiser to keep that money sacking gerrard and his squad and reinvesting into the team to go for 55 instead of wasting it all on a manager and having no money for new squad additions?

Are you seriously calling Gerrard a horrendous manager?

Wow

Iveb
Wim Jansen do you remember that name an unknown manager with a much smaller Budget than us stopped our 10 so to say it’s not possible Is not true.

I don’t want him sacked just now but if he doesn’t win the Scottish cup and close the gap a bit he needs to go.

If I didn't think we could beat Killie or Aberdeen next year I wouldn't want him to be here. What sort of question is that?

Do you trust the board to get us better than Gerrard?

Ally.. Warburton... Pedro....Murty..

Is that not why we've brought in Ross Wilson? The board never brought in Gerrard, Mark Allen did.

If people within the Rangers support genuinely feel Gerrard may leave in the summer - mutual agreement - then that too will be on our Sporting Directors mind. Not only that but Gerrard will leave one day, whether successful or not. You think Ross Wilson is not going to have a list of replacements and is just waiting for Gerrard to leave before identifying a replacement?

Not how it works. You'd also hope that if Gerrard was thinking about leaving that he would have the decency to let Wilson know in order to speed up the replacement process.

Iveb

If I didn't think we could beat Killie or Aberdeen next year I wouldn't want him to be here. What sort of question is that?

He’s not managed it regularly in 2 seasons now what makes you think it’s all going to change next season?

No need to get personal.

I apologise. But you need to get real. Take a step back and try to appreciate where we are. We’re clearly better than 2 years ago, we’re 2 months on from playing Celtic off the park at Hampden and pumping them at their midden compared to limiting how much they win by.

Time will tell if he can stop ten but there is no way we’re stopping it without him. If he goes so so the full backroom team. We simply don’t have the money or time to rebuild and I don’t see anyone getting a better return out of these players. I’m not sure how many would even be here without him

I’m not entertaining you anymore because it’s obvious Gerrard can do no wrong in your eyes.
i mean, he done no wrong in the cup final lmao. The referee allowing 3 players to be offside & score a goal is completely out of his hands.

Gerrard can do no good in your eyes it seems.

Only because they were in free fall .

But you asked if we thought SG would take points off them next season. You're all over the place - from this to advocating for McInnes as a Championship-winning manager.

I think you need a reality check. SG requires criticising for this poor spell. But it shouldn't undo the strides we've made under him.

And to people outside of the bubble, he has done. The success in Europe has brought in millions, he's improved individual players that we'll sell for significant profit and we've done better in the League.

By the same token, the Board will now have to sell the job to a new manager, telling him that SG's results weren't enough to satisfy the support.

What manager is walking into this without a huge Summer budget?
He has done well over all but when you get into the intricacies of it there are reoccurring failures and worrying trends that keep costing us.

Cards on the table, I'm unconvinced about him. While I can clearly see there are folk posting relentlessly on this thread that will make folk think otherwise, holding that opinion does not mean you are an impatient spoiled brat who is clueless.

It would be a gamble to change managers but it's not Gerrard or bust, far from it.

Every transfer window the quality of the squad improves. We can't go and buy 10/12 players of the required standards. We have to do it bit by bit

What first team regulars did we sign in the Summer ??

Kent and Aribo Kent was already here and hasn’t been great value for 7 million or whatever we paid for him .

We signed Jones who can’t get near the team , Ojo and Barker both of who have been terrible , Stewart who’s not trusted and Helander who’s been decent when he’s not been injured, I wouldn’t say the squad has massively improved .

But you asked if we thought SG would take points off them next season. You're all over the place - from this to advocating for McInnes as a Championship-winning manager.

I think you need a reality check. SG requires criticising for this poor spell. But it shouldn't undo the strides we've made under him.

Gerrard will make the same mistakes again next season if he’s still here , I didn’t for one minute want McInnes but someone said pep wouldn’t have beat StJohnstone yesterday and I said a Jobber like McInnes would have.

i mean, he done no wrong in the cup final lmao. The referee allowing 3 players to be offside & score a goal is completely out of his hands.

Gerrard can do no good in your eyes it seems.
I’ve praised gerrard many times before and for what it’s worth I’m not saying sack him right now but he needs to win a trophy this season.

He has done well over all but when you get into the intricacies of it there are reoccurring failures and worrying trends that keep costing us.

Cards on the table, I'm unconvinced about him. While I can clearly see there are folk posting relentlessly on this thread that will make folk think otherwise, holding that opinion does not mean you are an impatient spoiled brat who is clueless.

It would be a gamble to change managers but it's not Gerrard or bust, far from it.

He's a rookie manager. Even the most experienced make mistakes - indeed, repeat mistakes.

I didn't anticipate a League title this year. I hope/expect a Cup, though. The League Cup was a big blow, irrespective of how the game actually went - and SG made mistakes and panicked a little when they went down to 10 men.

Would you have taken the League Cup over reaching the Europa League group stages? I'm not sure the Board would have. And I think that's a crucial point in this. Finances.

He has made plenty of mistakes and he is far from blameless. He has admitted himself he has made mistakes.

I just cant take people serious though who try and convince themselves we haven't improved and people who are just oblivious to the task of overhauling this relentless Celtic team as well. 100 points might not have been enough for us to win the league this season and we've never had 100 points in my lifetime from what I can remember.

Sometimes you need to just put your hands up and admit that lot are having an exceptional season. If this becomes their ''norm'' then we are in far big trouble than anyone realises.

Gerrard will make the same mistakes again next season if he’s still here , I didn’t for one minute want McInnes but someone said pep wouldn’t have beat StJohnstone yesterday and I said a Jobber like McInnes would have.

Stop it. McInnes got beat at home by them a few weeks ago and has taken 2pts from 9 this season.

Back