Alex Thomson Ch4 - Investigating Celtic Boys Club

BN94 has been on here telling us what's happening, whilst being unable to tell us all for obvious reasons.

Dont doubt him again, when he tells you what he can. The great hollicom couldn't stop that, so their not this mega pr company everyone seems to think they are.

No hiding place for them tonight and for all who thought thomson was going to look after the boys of the old brigade, well there's your answer. It was scathing.

As for that slime from the sfa, he made them look the pathetic organisation they really are. Not fit for purpose.

This is too big for the SFA.

Thomson certainly went to town on the separate entity myth. They won’t have a leg to stand on in that regard and hopefully it will see the victims get the justice they deserve.

Thomson has only scratched the surface though. The extents of abuse that went on at that disgusting club and the fact that it was covered up on a large scale haven’t even been covered yet.

Again I have nothing but admiration for the brave guys who waived their anonymity to tell their stories tonight. We can only hope tonight is the first step to them receiving some form of justice.

Our Club should be questioning the integrity of the SFA and making it known no holds barred as there is a link with the scum somewhere with this case.
But I hold my breath .... Can you imagine if this was our Club Glasgow Rangers ?
Without a doubt the left hand is washing the right in full view nearly, scottish football has a tainted feel to it now there's no comeback from this.

Well that report couldn't be any clearer in showing that a paedophile ring was operating out of Celtic for at least a few decades and the fact that the bheasts have been trying furiously to cover it up ever since.

That SFA inquiry is looking as if it is going to be a complete and utter whitewash but we all knew that as they are themselves complicit with the whole thing.

We need a UK independent inquiry commissioned ASAP- I wouldn't put it past the SFA to have "lost" quite a lot of evidence when compiling this report.

Club alliegences aside. If you are watching that tonight surely you cannot look at Celtic in the same light ever again.

Thomson, the mentally challengeds hero tax journalist of the highest standard has put his talents finally to a real story.

A story of evil, lack or morality, abuse of power and absolute lack of respect for children's lives.

Scotlands shame.

They should be obliterated for this.

It's not about point scoring or club allegiances. Finally just maybe finally victims may just get the justice and understanding they deserve.

Fucking damn everyone of celtics enabling and facilitating culture to hell.

Last edited:
@bbcmarkdaly led on investigating the abuse in the past, revisiting it in 2017. https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...club-jim-torbett-tracked-california-sex-abuse

I find it astonishing that Daly has neither tweeted nor commented on this latest investigation. In fact i find it astonishing that Daly himself did not spearhead further investigations given all of the evifance and charges that have come to light over the past couple of years.

Ive tried to contact Daly several tines to ask why he did not pursue this after he confronted Torbett in the US as part of a documentary.

He's either chosen to leace well alone on his account or hes been told to leave well alone.

I see that he did respond to such a question on twitter 3 days ago with a completely pithy response.

I would urge any bears to ask the same of Daly.given his once aggressive pursuit of Celtic/Torbett.

@bbcmarkdaly
Dornan made noises about talking to victims to get justice, only to try and cover it up

Is it possible this is what Daly/ the BBC have attempted? Get them to sign exclusivity contracts to silence them

SFA are complicit in the cover up of the scums child abuse

I hope all the victims get proper justice and compensation

The SFA need to be held accountable if they fail to punish Paedo FC

The member clubs should be questioning this SFA statement and ask why the SFA are giving Paedo FC support after all we know there are over 100 victims of child abuse

Wait surely to %^*& that Henry guys links to safeguarding O’Brian can’t be true? Surely this is an open goal then for Thomson or a reporter to go after them?

I doubt Channel 4 News know of Hendry's previous background, mate ? Now Thomson needs to publicly name and shame who knew of the Piggery molestations and refused to call the police, as the SFA certainly won't.

Last edited:
Our Club should be questioning the integrity of the SFA and making it known no holds barred as there is a link with the scum somewhere with this case.
But I hold my breath .... Can you imagine if this was our Club Glasgow Rangers ?

A President of the SFA had open business links with Totbett, ffs.

And they had the cheek to ask if Dave King was a fit and proper person to come into Scottish football?

If an absolute non entity like me knew this where were the Spiers, the Leckies, the other assorted scum and of course James Traynor when this was happening?

If it ever transpired that Rangers legends I grew up idolising covered up even one single case of child sex abuse at my club, I honestly don’t think I could set foot in Ibrox ever again.

I would take the shame personally.

Every single victim must receive the justice they are entitled to.

So the solicitors, ironically represented by a Patrick McGuire, have 30 claimants lined up.Thats potentially a lot of cash, much more if other victims are emboldened to come forward. I'd imagine it would be a simple task of contacting the aforementioned Mr McGuire and setting out their stories. Surely no insurance company will cover that level and nature of liability, especially if their defence has always been 'nothing to do with us'! Will their sugar daddies cover say a £1m per claimant, what if they have a hundred claimants? These are potentially unsustainable figures.

Some quotes from Martin Henry - Independent advisor to the SFA

"Celtic are leading lights in appointing a child protection officer"

"It wasn't just Celtic"

"All clubs need to take responsibility"

Alarm bells are ringing here.

What’s the deal with this guy? I’ve seen a few posts on here saying he has some dodgy links?

Without even knowing anything about him you can just tell from his comments that he should not be leading an “impartial” inquiry.

Think there's at least two ex-Hibs convicted (and Neely).

Motherwell had a couple (one convicted), Thistle admitted covering allegations up for 34 years.

And these are only the ones who have hit the public domain.
Hibs actually recommended Neely to us and said he was a great guy.

A deeper investigation further down the line will eventually bring it all out in the open that their current manager would have either been abused or been very close to it. Their chief executive will have had intimate knowledge of it, and some board members currently will have had knowledge.
right now, and quite rightly so, celtic are coming away from this looking very badly.
no amount of preening and fancy worded statements can direct and criticism away from that.
their reputation will be lying in tatters very very soon, if not now.

lets be honest any potential sponsor viewing this ch4 news report will no doubt look away now.

Don’t hold your breath whilst you for the smsm response to this.

First let’s get the victims compensated and properly apologised to. In short let’s get them justice.

Next, Celtic had they not covered this up would not have had such vast levels of sponsorship. They have had funding they wouldn’t have otherwise had any access to. Not only this, they undoubtedly and most importantly failed on their duty of care.

They have cheated and broke the rules but even more importantly they have ruined young lives, hopes and dreams.

Shut them the %^*& down now. It’s what I’d do.

Under the Tories, property is sacrosanct. It has always been the way !
From being hung for stealing sheep in the old days to dismantling a few bits of bricks and mortar nowadays ! Taking the law into your own hands is taboo, regardless of the justification.
The tories are in power in England where the sentencing is much tougher.

I honestly still think they will. Every news outlet should be carrying this, they aren’t. All clubs should be calling for a proper independent enquiry, they aren’t. The media and other clubs are utterly petrified of Celtic / SFA who are one and the same.
We'll see how it pans out tomorrow. I'm hoping a few will raise their heads above the parapet and push for a public inquiry

He probably had the whitewash report all ready to issue to his lords and masters after full review by Peter, then this shitstorm hits the fan. Back to the laptop and get typing Martin!
Written by a very dubious character and well known Paper Gatherer, know doubts.

Henry has done his bit for sneaky Pete and tried his hardest to blur the lines on behalf of cellic. He’s shown his hand tonight and must be discredited.

With this programme going out (nationwide I assume) there will be no putting the genie back in the bottle. The victims will have their day.

Well done Ch4. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, they’ve got this one spot on.

Thomson certainly went to town on the separate entity myth. They won’t have a leg to stand on in that regard and hopefully it will see the victims get the justice they deserve.

Thomson has only scratched the surface though. The extents of abuse that went on at that disgusting club and the fact that it was covered up on a large scale haven’t even been covered yet.

Again I have nothing but admiration for the brave guys who waived their anonymity to tell their stories tonight. We can only hope tonight is the first step to them receiving some form of justice.

I can only assume due to the new laws coming into force that it could be more beneficial for Thomsons clients to hold off on legal action until they are in place. It might be part of the long delays in pressing forward.

I honestly still think they will. Every news outlet should be carrying this, they aren’t. All clubs should be calling for a proper independent enquiry, they aren’t. The media and other clubs are utterly petrified of Celtic / SFA who are one and the same.
Who hasn't carried it?

Henry has done his bit for sneaky Pete and tried his hardest to blur the lines on behalf of cellic. He’s shown his hand tonight and must be discredited.

With this programme going out (nationwide I assume) there will be no putting the genie back in the bottle. The victims will have their day.

Well done Ch4. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, they’ve got this one spot on.
Yep, just watched it here in England, and I know when I go to my local tomorrow, I will be getting grilled about it.

If it ever transpired that Rangers legends I grew up idolising covered up even one single case of child sex abuse at my club, I honestly don’t think I could set foot in Ibrox ever again.

I would take the shame personally.

Every single victim must receive the justice they are entitled to.
It doesnt bear thinking about. For me, 60 years supporting something that wasnt quite what I thought it was.

So Supreme Court can look at the benefit to Celtic from its links to the boys club.

This means that Celtic by covering up abuse was able to continue to benefit from signing boys at CBC.

Celtic were getting a competitive advantage on the field from covering up abuse.

Last edited:
First thing that should be happening is the statue of Jock Stein ripped down, sold for scrap, with the proceeds added to the pot.
FBIMG15644175867401582834362.jpg

What I would say for absolute certain, I wouldn’t really care too much if the SMSM didn’t report on their front pages or even report At all, the key to this is the wider UK and even Europe and world wide.
If the scandal is spread far and wide, folk who know the celtic name and believe it to be a great, clean reputable club and then see this scandal pop up, they will think very differently about it, and that will also go for their denials and lack of sympathy and remorse about it.

what I would also like to ask is why are celtic football club promoting SFA statements, and why has the independent enquiry chair bringing out a statement to clarify anything about the news broadcast? All I glean from that statement is that he is somewhat defending celtic, and stating that it’s not all about financial recompense which would indicate that he favours celtic not being hauled over the coals financially.
That statement stinks to high heaven and really really needs to be looked at further and thoroughly investigated as a matter of urgency.
celtic are in desperate need of friends right now, seemingly they have a very close on in the SFA at present, which is very very convenient

Last edited:
Back