Gerrard on Morelos

I love Alfie as much as the next bear but to me it’s best for all parties that he is sold.
He clearly wants to go and is not the same beast as he was before Christmas.

while people were praising alfredo for his humanitarian work i his homeland, at the start of lockdown, you could just tell what kind of shape he was going to return in..
We had players like katic etc showing themselves working out.and alfredo was jumping about shanty towns feeding the poor as much as the wee man has a heart of gold, he should remember he is a professional footballer, hees well out of shape..

I'm a huge Alfie fan but he is not in the shape he needs to be. Its very obvious he's on his way but he is in danger of playing himself out of a move. We should be telling him our price wont change and he needs to sort himself out and show he is worth it.

Bottom line is “head turned or not” he’s our player and under contract, if we don’t get the right offer for Rangers not Alfie, we don’t sell and it’s the management’s job to refocus him on playing and giving 100% for Rangers. There are umpteen clubs who have been and done similar in the past.

Just watched it - says his head's been turned and although it doesn't reflect on his performances he wasn't great tonight.

Certainly doesn't say he was 'excellent'

He told BT Sport: "I can't control what goes on outside. Everyone knows he's had his head turned, for sure. There's no denying that. My focus is on the players who want to be here, my focus is on St Mirren."

I think we just need to approach this from a purely business point of view now. With the way he’s playing and the condition he’s in, we need to get him out the door before his value depreciates.

He’ll be missed, but we cannot afford to miss the opportunity to cash in.

Terrible that players can just decide to stop trying if things dont suit them. Supporters give their all for these guys yet they pick and choose how much commitment they give. They then walk away without so much as a thought for those they've let down.

This is a general comment with no one in particular in mind.

If he wants his 'big move' then he better turn his head away from the fridge and into the training pitch.

He was woefully unfit and cumbersome tonight, that through ball to him was painful to watch.

Ball is in your court Alfredo, we have it value and you better shape up and do the business for Rangers before the deadline or you will be going nowhere.

He needs to stay and win us 55. Unless its 25million and at least 20% sell on he stays. We can't let him leave for anything less.
Win us 55? He has been diabolical since January and is most certainly getting worse. If he stays he should be a sub Win us 55 ffs.

Alfredo of 2020 has barely troubled a defense. 1 goal in that time, in 11 competitive games, missing sitters galore and has resorted to coming back clearly overweight and not even trying.

He's winning us nothing and needs to go

Last edited:
Whether he performed poorly tonight or not - the time is right for all parties to part ways.

We just need to try and get the best deal possible.

As for the result.... if tonight was the first leg. We’d be laughing with the tie still in the balance going back to Ibrox.

A good bit more than the OP has pulled out. Said the same as he's always said just that was the 1st time he's publicly said his head was turned but we've all known that for 12 days now
I know mate, I was waiting for the op to fill in the rest of it "but"

What I dont get is why has his head been turned. Why have we allowed this situation to develop with our best player. We're supposed to be holding all the cards like other teams when they sell players. Someone has allowed this to turn into a shitshow.

,although he has been good at times hes been trying to work ticket from day one with repeated improved contracts that kept him happy hes not kicked his arse since December.He thinks he's better than he actually is,a one man band if we can get anywhere 15million we should bite the hand off

It's an utter disgrace the way people were lynched on here for saying he came back to preseason a stone overweight.

You had crackpots saying he looked lean and sharp, when Stevie Wonder could see he was carrying a bit of extra timber. It's full of maniacs on here, it really is.
Is it really?
Who got pass marks tonight on yourl learned opinion?

It's an utter disgrace the way people were lynched on here for saying he came back to preseason a stone overweight.

You had crackpots saying he looked lean and sharp, when Stevie Wonder could see he was carrying a bit of extra timber. It's full of maniacs on here, it really is.
He is overweight even Stevie Wonder can see that

time to cash in, if the money is right then sell him, he's been less than average since the turn of the year

Said it for a while.

On here some folk simply refuse to aim any criticism towards Morelos.

Some of his blatant red cards, not his fault it’s someone else’s.

His contributions in Europe for us have been outstanding.

However, for me he’s won nothing with us and doesn’t have anywhere close to having enough credit in the bank which prevents any valid criticism being directed to him

His red card at the piggery, instead of just saying he made an arse of it by diving when it was easier to just smash the ball past their keeper, folk were making excuses for the red “the ref should have blown for FT before that” - “it looked like it was just tiredness” - “I think there was slight contact”

Etc

The ones having a go are the ones on here who cannot see a bad word said about anything Rangers, even when it's the truth.

Morelos is out of shape, out of form and shouldn't be any where near the pitch. He doesn't look interested, his head has been turned but until a bid comes in that matches our valuation, we are stuck with him.

Shouldn't be be any where near the match on Sunday if he's still around.

Still be gutted if he goes for less than the 18 mill quoted but the plus is we managed to get Roofe and Itten for good money. Been a pleasure Buff but now is the time. We say thank you and move forward.

His attitude and latterly physical condition since January has been a fckn disgrace in all honestly. The red card at Parkhead in December leaves a bitter taste too.

He's been tremendous value for money and provided some truly great memories but it's best for both parties that he goes.

Absolutely agree with the sentiment here. Very important that any criticism of Morelos takes account of what he has had to deal with.
Disgusting , and something no modern day black player will endure again in Scotland , eh well unless they are shit hot and play for Rangers that is .

Yes, but to be fai
His goals in Europe have made us a fortune so if he's getting a good move that he wants then he can go with my best wishes.
Yes but to be fair we’ve paid him a fortune. We deserve better than he’s deemed fit to give us since January.

Back