Boli Bolingoli And Celtic Breaching COVID Rules - Sturgeon “Celtic and Aberdeen not expected to play for at least next week”

I really can’t see it just being Celtic and Aberdeen not playing. Lets face it recent history tells us how this is going to play out.

Sturgeon using the phrase “as a minimum” re Celtic and Aberdeen suggests to me that there’s a serious prospect of other games are getting canned, cant see why else she would she use that phrase.

I'm far from a fan of the SNP but don't see how anyone can have an issue with what they both said today - it's not up to them to decide punishments for the clubs, but after Sturgeon said both that celtic & the sheep shouldn't be playing for at least a week, and that she doesn't think other clubs should be punished, I can't see how the SPFL can postpone all fixtures.

Sky will definitely not want to miss out on our games if celtic and one of the other "bigger" clubs won't be playing - even Doncaster surely can't twist this in a way that doesn't negatively affect celtic or somehow also affecting us

It’s his decision whether the games go ahead. Nippy said in her presser she can’t force anyone to do anything. Why would the games not go ahead?

Sturgeon and Fitzpatrick have the final decision on whether or not games go ahead mate.

It's up to Doncaster to put forward a good case, highlighting how much damage a total postponement could do to the whole game.

Particularly with Sky getting twitchy.

I never knew you weren’t allowed to go to a bar. I thought the issue was that there was 8 of them out together which is over the number of households guidance?

Nope. Footballer are in a ‘sporting bubble’ so shouldn’t be out in bars or restaurants through this period. Train, home, tested, train, play game, tested

How can you get match fit if you can't play games?

Nothing worse than one week into the season and then you stop playing games.

It's a huge disadvantage for them.

If they miss 2 / 3 games at the start and we have the points in the bag already they will be massively disadvantaged. No games, no points (yet) would be great for us.

I think they will have to take action, they have zero credibility as it is, and I would imagine the rest of the clubs will be incandescent.
You would imagine the rest of the club's will be incandescent .but this is Scotland and as i
You actually think it's about that?

The levels of delusion here are chilling. Someone above called it "the huge CL qualifier".....against the Icelandic team? Really in the balance that one eh?
it's not the point mate if it's in the UEFA rules mate that they could possibly forfeit the game then the rules need to be applied.

Nope. Footballer are in a ‘sporting bubble’ so shouldn’t be out in bars or restaurants through this period. Train, home, tested, train, play game, tested
Particularly in aberdeen where there's been a local outbreak and more restrictions than other parts of the country

listening carefully to herr sturgeon ,not only did she target RA CELLICK and Aberdeen but shealso said and repeated quite a few times that she didn't want the whole of Scottish football punished for the behavior of 2clubs ,she was very specific about that.

I expect the league games to be off for a week or so.

Interested to see how they get round the CL game though.

Sturgeon and Fitzpatrick have the final decision on whether or not games go ahead mate.

It's up to Doncaster to put forward a good case, highlighting how much damage a total postponement could do to the whole game.

Particularly with Sky getting twitchy.

Any idea if this will/must be sorted this afternoon?

Particularly with a game due to be played this evening

One question that needs answered

I find it difficult to believe nobody at celtic was aware of bolingoli's trip. Their statement suggests all the blame lies with the player.

When did this idiot come back from holiday and when is it claimed he made the filth aware he was away?

Exactly this, someone must have known where he was. Lie, deny, deflect........the Celtic way

Their statement claims they are leaders in covid procedures in football in scotland - pish.

You can bet the guns will be blazing to find any breach of rules in Rangers set up. The filth hordes will not rest until they find something and scream about it until football is cancelled in Scotland and we are blamed.

While we need our players to behave, which should be easy enough even for a footballer.

Lets be honest, as long as they declare their actions before mixing with others it shouldn't really matter.

It isn't like Bolingoli went to a party and realised before training, called in saying he would have to isolate for 2 weeks.

Equally important to drum into our players, if you DO something which could be questioned, don't come to training until you've cleared it with the club.

100%

I never knew you weren’t allowed to go to a bar. I thought the issue was that there was 8 of them out together which is over the number of households guidance?
Had thought this myself as well. Surely footballers aren't banned from going to a restaurant with their family as she seemed to suggest. That must be classed as absolute overkill surely?

She's worn that thing a lot I've noticed
I don’t watch her broadcasts often so I couldn’t comment on the frequency so I’ll believe you when you say so, but it certainly looks obvious who she leans towards as you would think with her being SNP she would want to promote the yellow of her party at any given opportunity...

How can you get match fit if you can't play games?

Nothing worse than one week into the season and then you stop playing games.

It's a huge disadvantage for them.

look at the state of us after the last two winter breaks.

Worst thing for them is a stop start playing. They will have to play bounce games with each other, no local club will play them unless is a lower tier team for a wee bit of cash BCD

Surely the spfl board must at least pretend interest.
The obvious question of how long Bolingoli was in Spain and why was his employer unaware must be asked? He obviously wasn't at training. So where did he say he was?

Had thought this myself as well. Surely footballers aren't banned from going to a restaurant with their family as she seemed to suggest. That must be classed as absolute overkill surely?

Footballers are meant to be in their own "bubble" as far as I understood it.

Home, tested at training, home, tested against at training, game, home.

The SPFL lurches from shambles to shambles.

Surely rules should have been in place to deal with Covid breaches by players/clubs?

If a match has to be postponed due to non-compliance surely the game is forfeited. In the case of Aberdeen v Celtic next week, it is recorded as 3-0 loss for both sides.

Last season was curtailed because of the importance of the Sky deal, yet we are now facing a 2nd televised match in 5 days being postponed due to non-compliance/misconduct.

Aberdeen should be looking at record of Played 4 Lost 4 when they resume playing and Celtic should be docked 3 points for playing an ineligible player in Bolingoli in addition to forfeits for postponed games.

This tweet just about sums that lot up

The First Minister says we "shouldn't expect to see Celtic or Aberdeen play over the course of the coming week." A further announcement will be made later this

[/URL]
Tony Victory
@TonyVictory94

Replying to
@ClydeSSB
Could they not just play the games behind closed doors?
12:53 pm · 11 Aug

tenor.gif

Back