We cannot sell Morelos if we want to win the title.

As good as Roofe looks (mainly outside the box ) do you think him and Itten replace what Alfie gives us Seriously?!!

No one can say for definite

When Morelos first joined, after his first few games can you honestly say you thought he was a player?

Because he looked extremely clumsy to me

Itten scored for fun in a league comparable to ours last season.

Roofe done the business for Leeds before moving and having a few injuries.

Itten is a flop let’s be honest. Some transfers work some don’t he will be away on loan in January and gone at end of season
Woah! Even for an impatient support that’s hasty. The guys only played like 3 games. Let the boy get in the door ffs

If Barasic first year is anything to go by, you’d think our fans would learn not to write a player off after 3-4 games. I for one hope the boy shuts the doubters up big time.

Selling him on the last day of the window is useless to us, if he’s not gone in the next fortnight then that’s got to be that.

Precisely my point.

There’s just two weeks of the window left.

Realistically he’d have to be sold tomorrow at the latest to give us time to get in one or two more.

I think it’s looking more and more likely that he might actually stay.

Have to disagree OP, Morelos isn't even the main man anymore and has a history of regressing post-new year. He will certainly be a welcome inclusion if he stays but we're getting goals from all areas of the pitch now, we're moving on from the 'get it to Alfie!'

When Morelos first joined, after his first few games can you honestly say you thought he was a player?

Roofe done the business for Leeds before moving and having a

[/QUOTE]

Not writing Itten or Roofe off at all,but they won’t win us the league imo that looks obvious to me already.

Not writing Itten or Roofe off at all,but they won’t win us the league imo that looks obvious to me already.
[/QUOTE]

Well we’ve not won it yet whilst Morelos has been our main man?

Yup - note the location of said link play. Alfie comes deep and does a good job there but in the box he’s head down, laces through. Fine, but I like Itten in the box way more for the role it plays for the team - head up and always trying to get a flick or a nod. That’ll be more important for us against deep packed defences.

Absolute nonsense

Itten to be gone within 12 months, heard it all now ffs this place is a joke.

Thank god the players dont need to play infront of toxic fans that spout this pish.

I actually really like Itten and maybe if the guy had a chance to settle he will show what he is all about.

Serious question - what has he done to
Make you like him ?

Itten has had chances but failed to impress so far.

He looks out of his depth but could be due to a new club.

Will he come good? Who knows but he certainly ain't first pick so far.

No your just using ally to prove your point . My point is over the years we’ve spent plenty on players who promised plenty but were shite . Had we sold a Alfredo a fortnight ago , as was on the cards , I think we’d be screwed

I havent mentioned Ally McCoist so I have no idea what your on about, and WHEN we sell Alfredo we wont be screwed we will be just fine as we have been since the club was created. I'll say it again MUCH better players than Morel;os have left our club and we have been just fine.

Aye nae bother. "Big" Dykes. Would you be saying he wasnt goos enough also if he hadn't scored within his first 3 appearances?

Okay - hindsight is a wonderful thing , who would you right now prefer in a Rangers jersey of the two - Itten or dykes

[/QUOTE]

Dont talk nonsense, one player does not make a team and anyone who thinks so is miles aff it.

Last edited:
My take away from this asylum of a thread is that I wish we had Mark Hateley in the current team, he'd run riot.

Anyone stating that Morelos is irreplaceable frankly knows the square root of nothing about fotball, sadly this forum is full of people just like that. To say he is irreplaceable is saying that he couldnt be replaced by lets say Harry Kane, Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Mo Salah, Sadio Mane, Robert Lewandowski, Thomas Muller.....etc etc.

It's just a staytement that is totally factually incorrect.

The rub for me is this, he comes back into the fold (or never left it), and breaks Supers European goals record and scores a good few before Xmas. We are top of league, but its tight. Some team come in with stupid £ panic buy bid in January, do we sell him as he will prob go in summer anyway, but maybe for less, or keep him for europe/55. Do we trust Roofe, Itten and Defoe to score enough alongside Kent/Hagi/Aribo etc.

He did nothing tonight apart from a tap in and an admittedly tidy finish against a knackered part time team.

No Rangers player has ever been as moody - meaning often not trying - and gotten this big a pass from fans. He’s a good player when he wants to be and that’s not what I expect.

Itten looks a better linking player in the penalty box and Roofe has top class movement and seems more of a predator. Give me them plus £20m so we can get what we really need - midfielders who can play an early freaking ball!

Pish.

He did nothing tonight apart from a tap in and an admittedly tidy finish against a knackered part time team.

No Rangers player has ever been as moody - meaning often not trying - and gotten this big a pass from fans. He’s a good player when he wants to be and that’s not what I expect.

Itten looks a better linking player in the penalty box and Roofe has top class movement and seems more of a predator. Give me them plus £20m so we can get what we really need - midfielders who can play an early freaking ball!
%^*& sake

Not writing him off , but he doesn’t appear to score many goals . Certainly doesn’t look

He certainly doesn’t look like a £ 2.7m player . Not writing him off but he doesn’t appear to score many goals . Roofe will chip in but again isn’t the prolific striker I thought he liked be . If we sell Morelos we need a replacement,,,,, so far we don’t have this

We’ve only just started the season really. How you can tell what any of them are or aren’t already is beyond me, especially when we’re talking about Roofe and Itten who’ve had very limited game time.

A player doesn’t score in his first few appearances so naturally folk draw the lazy conclusion that they’re not very good and said player can’t possibly be a goalscorer.

We’ve only just started the season really. How you can tell what any of them are or aren’t already is beyond me, especially when we’re talking about Roofe and Itten who’ve had very limited game time.

A player doesn’t score in his first few appearances so naturally folk draw the lazy conclusion that they’re not very good and said player can’t possibly be a goalscorer.
Funnily I recall the same about Morelos. An odd place at times give the young boy time to settle in

Funnily I recall the same about Morelos. An odd place at times give the young boy time to settle in

Miller was getting it after the first few games of his second spell too. Once he opened his account against Celtic he didn’t do too badly for us on the goal scoring front did he. They were probably part of the “punt Morelos for £2m” gang.

One of them wishes we’d spent £2m on that lump of wood Dykes

Miller was getting it after the first few games of his second spell too. Once he opened his account against Celtic he didn’t do too badly for us on the goal scoring front did he. They were probably part of the “punt Morelos for £2m” gang.

One of them wishes we’d spent £2m on that lump of wood Dykes
I’m trying my best to not even reply to the Dykes pish haha

People really need to drop the Hateley shite -he had a pedigree way beyond any player that struggles when we sign them-way beyond.

People really dont need to do anything, Itten has a great goal scoring record in a league thats comparable in quality to the SPL, yet the armchair experts in this place have him written off after under 2 hours of football. The comparison is legitimate regardless of pedigree.

Anybody comparing Itten to the Hateley situation need sectioned,sell Morelos we sell the league,it’s that simple!!

You are entitled to an opinion as are others and if people want to compare the Itten situation to Hateley where both are being written off far too early well thats their right aswell.

That's why i said 'if'. Today was good, but let's be honest and look at the standard of the opposition.

You can look at my posting history and see last year i thought we absolutely had to keep him, but once the manager starts saying his head has been turned I start to worry.

If he can make him happy to stay the season I would be delighted, but i really dont think we can afford any disruptive influences this season.
The same opposition that turned the yahoos over. The boy played well against dundee hibs, he looks happy and his teammates look happy playing alongside him.

I do think it is brilliant the 4 strikers we have now. Itten and Roofe I still have faith in, Morelos is brilliant though, him and Defoe play well together. Was great to see Defoe back again and on the score sheet

This thread is unbelievable!
When any new player comes to us and is'nt an instant success after a few games (most as a sub) is regarded a Dud by some.
When you give examples of some of our Legends being slow to start they say you can't use that as a comparison!
F*ck me?
Itten might turn out to be Sh*ite. Then again, he might be brilliant.
To state he is a flop already tells everyone you are not too bright.

[/QUOTE]
Does it aye! Based on what? Itten has played just over 2 games Roofe isn't fully fit yet, people like you wanted Barasic punted, Alfie was rotten for his first season. So based on what?

Back