James Rodriguez - Too Good for Everton

He is far too good for Everton, a myth seems to have developed he hasn’t kicked his backside since 2014 which is frankly nonsense.

My only concern was whether or not he’d keep up with the pace but he seems to be coping.

Great player.

Was slightly surprised he ended up there, although the factor of being managed by and playing well under Ancelotti in the past probably pays its part. Maybe not quite good enough to be a regular at Real Madrid or for Bayern to have made previous loan move permanent, but easily good enough to play for the majority of teams playing in the Champions League.

Really good player and a top top manager in Ancelotti.

Worth a punt at Everton making top four this year.

Even Hoddle said the other day he was disappointed Messi didn’t go to England to see IF he could do it there :rolleyes:
giphy.gif

The power of a good manager at the helm. Anceloti will attract that type of player at any club with a bit of coin.

I think the reason why the likes of Spurs and Arsenal didn't go for him is probably because they actually believed that he has gone shit despite the stats showing otherwise. He is clearly still a very good player.

I think he is probably using it as a platform to show the bigger richer clubs in England that he is still a top player and worthy of their consideration.

Why is he too good? Everton have some other excellent players and under Ancelotti will be fighting for a Champions League place within the next couple of years. If anything he’s at the perfect club for him to flourish.
He is worthy of playing in the Champions League now, not an if, but or maybe in a couple of years.

James just scored a nice shot to put Everton 2-1 up on West Brom.

Can’t help but feel he is too good for Everton and should be playing for a CL club.

He reminds me of one of those guys that needs to the main guy in the team to perform at his best.
He certainly has all the skills to be playing for a bigger club but it doesn't seem like he plays well when he is part of a team where there are others on his level and he has to share the ball.

Back