Ryan Kent

Posted on the match thread he’s young away from his home city and now dealing with the covid regulations. Aside from being bang out of form he looks really sad/unhappy. That said he should have been hooked at or after half time. Barker wouldn’t have done worse though personally I think Jones is better than Barker but he’s clearly burned his boats. Does SG keep Kent on because he’s a favourite of the his?

Now you know why Gerrard wants Wright from Aberdeen to put pressure on Kent and have a replacement to rest him

Needs rested, the only issue there is when Barker is selected to start he makes a pigs ear of things.
Barker should be playing amazing football when he gets the chance but constantly let's himself down.

I do, never hides but had a shocker today.
The manager will get him back to the player we know but he needs rested and chance to get his confidence back. Important player for the games around the Europa league and securing 55.
See if I hear this he never hides shit again!!
There's more than one way to hide on a football pitch. Evading responsibility is hiding in my book and Ryan Kent has perfected that art.
Collects the ball, does a wee step-over the stops dead in his tracks and rolls a nothing ball out to the full-back or inside to a midfielder.

That's hiding and that's Ryan Kent 8 out of 10 games.

He's the type of player I just wouldn't put on the bench.

We don't have an able replacement available or within our squad. He never hides. He's capable of a moment of magic no matter how he's playing. His head never drops.

I'd have no problem substituting him, like Gerrard done today. He could do with competition but that doesn't come cheap.

The stick Kent gets on here and twitter is mind boggling, fair enough he was poor today, but he had a good game last week.

I even seen someone suggest Candeias is better ffs.

He is our only forward player with pace, id love Hagi to have his pace but he doesn't.

Like most of our players, they are brilliant when on form, hence the big lead in the league

The stick Kent gets on here and twitter is mind boggling, fair enough he was poor today, but he had a good game last week.

FFS mate that’s the worst shout of the day. I’ve never heard that one, was really poor today but after dropping points you will always get the players some fans don’t rate taking most of the abuse. I for one hope he makes them re access their negativity towards a player who loves wearing our shirt.

Kent was poor today. Wide players tend to when the game is slowed down like it was at times with the entire opposition then in front of him. But Kent when he is playing poorly needs to learn that sometimes you just need to do the simple thing to keep the pressure on the opposition. Kent tends to try & prove a point which when you are not having your best of games tends to result in gifting possession to the opposition.
If the opposition double up on him, which they tend to do he needs learns its not all about him and use that to the teams advantage via a quick one touch pass.

See if I hear this he never hides shit again!!
There's more than one way to hide on a football pitch. Evading responsibility is hiding in my book and Ryan Kent has perfected that art.
Collects the ball, does a wee step-over the stops dead in his tracks and rolls a nothing ball out to the full-back or inside to a midfielder.

That's hiding and that's Ryan Kent 8 out of 10 games.
Ok Alex, You keep hating. I'll keep encouraging.

1 good game in 8/9/10 is nowhere near good enough.

it’s not doing us or him any good. Others players get dropped fir less , they all should be treated the same

I think SG late sub with barker was his last straw with kent in regards to keeping him in team. He simply hasn’t played well.

for the good of the team ( yes rangers fc) not 1 player , I hope he’s on bench vs Ross county . He has the skill and drive to work his way back in but SG has to think for the team not create a Goldson can’t be dropped situation again

He mentally needs a break but adds so much hard work and balance it’s hard to bench him. Suspect why Gerrard has a focus on wright.

Brilliant is pushing it for me. He has two assists. One was a flick that came off and the other was more down to a brilliant finish from Morelos.
He was brilliant.
Caused them panic every time he had the ball.
Today, he was a man short.
He wasn’t alone, Aribo and Kamara every bit as bad and probably Morelos too.

He’s had 1 good game in the last 2 months.

I don’t care if he’s always “showing for the ball”. He’s showing for it in all the wrong places and taking no responsibility to make things happen.

All he does is pass the ball inside to Kamara or outside to Barisic.

He deserves a spell on the bench.
I can’t agree with that at all.
Especially the bit where he’s shunning responsibility.
I’d go as far as to say it’s almost the opposite.

Screamed at the tv when he was on the right and instead of crossing twice when he had the chance, he fcked about and it rolled out for a gk.
That particular move today fecked me over.
However, to me, it proves that he’s still trying and still taking the responsibility of making things happen.
We certainly did not need another players hitting low percentage crosses into the box.

Not once, not twice but 3 times he just ran the ball straight out of play today.

He needs dropped. He gets the ball 40 yards from goal, throws in a few drop of the shoulder moves without going anywhere and then passes it back to Barisic.

This is his third season here and we've yet to see him be consistent most weeks. We need more.
I don’t think you’re ever going to see Ryan Kent consistent most weeks.
His type are seldom consistent.

Why is it mind boggling though? He’s wracked up a fair few poor showings. They weren’t all forgotten about the minute he had a good game at Pittodrie last week.

He does always show for the ball and never hides, but honestly that’s the bare minimum I expect from any Rangers player. The shite we’ve been subjected to over the last 7 or 8 years has conditioned some to believe that taking responsibility is something to marvel at, but it’s not and really should be the bare minimum we get from every Rangers player.

He needs a rest.

Every time news appears, he is like Doncaster. Hides under s rock.

one if not the most productive players we have on his day.

If we dont have an alternative on the bench after 50 mins of what we saw today, then there is a problem.!!

He needs a rest.

Every time news appears, he is like Doncaster. Hides under s rock.

one if not the most productive players we have on his day.

If we dont have an alternative on the bench after 50 mins of what we saw today, then there is a problem.!!

You’re having a nightmare on here today mate. He doesn’t hide.

Who else do we think should be dropped if they aren't playing great every week? Rangers play and look a better side with Ryan Kent in the starting 11 , he is by no means the only Rangers player that hasn't played to their best in recent matches including today, Kent is part of the reason why Rangers have been a successful TEAM so far this season.

Kent had no help at all from our wide mid-fielders,Kamara & Aribo who were both rank rotten,but will admit that some of his loss of control was poor.

its
Of all those saying the sooner we sign Scott Wright the better, I'd love to know how many have actually watched this guy more than 4 times.
its the usual , the guy whos sitting on the bench is a better player , the thing is , they are not in the starting 11 for a reason

Back