Complacency is our biggest enemy now and it was in full view today.

Oh here we go.

We had a bad performance today with 3 key players really poor, and we still dominated the game and dug out a point.

The end.
This is bang on, to me Kent, Kamara and Hagi were poor, I would also add that a few others seemed to have switched off. I dont think SG expected them to come at us after the last game and it caught us out early on. What frustrated the hell out of me was the fact Kent was not pulled at half time, and the changes were very poor from the gaffer, to have as many guys with their minds elsewhere and take a point is a bonus but it was Motherwell, bottom of the table fodder not a top six team, we let our selves down today and the quicker we get a full team the better.

After the Celtic game on the second the more cautious fans were saying if the gaps still the same after January they’d be happy, well it’s increased by four since then with two January games to go. Calm doon
Since the season started, plenty posts have been, if we get through Sept, Oct and now we're at january, no doubt it will soon change to February.

I've always said, to win a league you have to go at least 20 games unbeaten, now at 24. To be honest, we've had more wins than I expected.

I never for a minute dreamed, we'd be 21 ahead half way through January. If anybody did, they're at it.

Was the expectation that we never drop another point again?

Poor first half today admittedly but much better second. Didn't create a huge amount but could and arguably should have won the game. Not the best performance and disappointing to drop points but we're in exactly the same position as we were on Friday night, with a further game ticked off. A position everybody would have taken at the start of the weekend.

A helicopter Sunday season would end some of our support if it happened now.

Did you? If so tell us how many chances they had?
Negative moaning faced pish all over FF tonight. People should give it a fcukin rest
An amazing season and 12 points clear
Ffs
This is the same forum that was having the time of its life last night laughing at the mentally challengeds forum.

The lurkers who come on here, must be wondering what the f**k we're all about.

Fickle is too kind.

Oh mate, f*ck the f*ck right f*cking up.

F*cking blouse.
Well said mate, we have drawn a game and some people are questioning certain players and moaning like phuck. I thought we played well and were unlucky not to win. We cant have the perfect team when we are playing in Scotland, coz its bloody, Scotland

Was the expectation that we never drop another point again?

Poor first half today admittedly but much better second. Didn't create a huge amount but could and arguably should have won the game. Not the best performance and disappointing to drop points but we're in exactly the same position as we were on Friday night, with a further game ticked off. A position everybody would have taken at the start of the weekend.

A helicopter Sunday season would end some of our support if it happened now.
I agree with this, second half was alright, could've been a bit faster, but we domainted, created a few chances, and deserved to win.

What must be address is the fact that we commonly look utterly pedestrian for the first 25 minutes in most of our games. we are not coming out the traps early doors desperate to set the tone. We waste a quarter to half a game fannying about, before we actually seem to "get on it" and dominate these teams.

Motherwell got the breaks today so many balls into their box and hardly any fell, Aribo should have hit the target when it did break to him though.

First 25 minutes was complacency. We turned up expecting to win easily and couldn’t get up to the speed of the game and found ourselves 1-0 down.

Im not too disappointed as we’re still in a great position but the complacency has to be clamped down on.
This is a soundbite that's easy for fans to say, and sounds, to the rest of us fans, somewhat plausible, but I doubt very much ever happens in a team ran by SG

We started the game too slowly today as we have done a couple of times over the last few weeks. On other occasions we were able to turn it around and get the win, today we didn’t manage it and were punished for it. At the end of the day we’ve not lost any ground and we’re one game closer to the finish line. Let’s just hope this gives the staff and players the wake up call required and we come flying out the traps next Saturday. We’re missing some key players who are due to come back soon and whilst the league is absolutely not over yet we just need to match the scums results for the next 10 games and we’ll get what we deserve. No need for hysteria, and I say that as someone who simply can’t even accept that the league title is likely this season due to the years of false hope that have passed.

Well said mate, we have drawn a game and some people are questioning certain players and moaning like phuck. I thought we played well and were unlucky not to win. We cant have the perfect team when we are playing in Scotland, coz its bloody, Scotland
No team, even after spending 100s of millions has the perfect season

Oh here we go.

We had a bad performance today with 3 key players really poor, and we still dominated the game and dug out a point.

The end.
Mate have to tell you we did not dominate the first half, motherwell played a high press game and they done it well. But as you say we did not panic and the equaliser eventually came. This is a wee boot up the arse for the run in .

That is nonsense.

Woeful? Come on man.

We dominated the game and just couldnt hit the net with a congested box. This happens to world class teams not just us.

Talk about the mentally challengeds being deluded and overreactive.

We won 15 games on the bounce prior to today. There's no good reason this shouldn't have been extended to 16 games today other than the OP's main point.

We were complacent and it's cost us two points.

We don’t have an automatic right to win every game. Today we came up against a team with a new manager who are in a relegation battle. They gave it everything they had to try and beat us. If we were suffering from complacency we wouldn’t have got back into the game, we’d have expected it and it wouldn’t have happened. The players worked very hard to get something from the game, at times we lacked quality with our final ball but for goodness sake give the players a break. They’ve dropped 6 points all season and won every home game we’ve played. Our form has been sensational, we won every tough game throughout December and our fixtures ease up a bit after Hibs. Some folk need to get off their high horse and get back in the real world. Don’t become spoilt like that shambles across the city.

When results like today happen we probably over analyse things (me included) due to how near but yet so far we are from winning this title.
I was simply disappointed in how we started the game whuch cost us 2points for me but, win on Saturday & all will be forgotten.

Maybe seeing Celtic falling apart has subconsciously made us ease off a bit.

It looked today like it took a half time rocket from the manager to get us playing.

Not a massive worry as this team has earned enough credit in the bank to forgive one slack performance and only drawing.

But I would like to think this is the wee warning shot we might have needed, just to remind everyone we haven't won anything yet.

I thought we were absolutely woeful today players looked as if the game was already won.

Some taking three touches when one is enough not shooting when presented with the chance and the lazy touches.

Hopefully Gerrard can use this as massive warning that if we don’t apply ourselves properly we won’t win.
Said the same. Played like they only had to turn up and we would win.

I know it was a good performance and we didn't get3 points but we also didn't let the tims make up ground this weekend so it's not all bad

We had loads of great crosses into the box and a gd few gd balls across the box. On another day we get on the end of a few of them.

I think the manager called it right in that we didn't start the game with the right attitude.

I would hope we come out the traps much quicker next Saturday and hopefully get the result secured in the first half.

I thought we were absolutely woeful today players looked as if the game was already won.

Some taking three touches when one is enough not shooting when presented with the chance and the lazy touches.

Hopefully Gerrard can use this as massive warning that if we don’t apply ourselves properly we won’t win.
I think a mixture of a bit of complacany and also the pitch contributed to shocking first touches and passes.
Hopefully this gives us the required kick up the arse.
Easter Rd is huge now.

I sometimes think some of the posters on here never watched us when we were winning titles.

Regularly we got outplayed for periods of games and very rarely did we continually dominate possession the way we regularly do now.

Last edited:
I think a mixture of a bit of complacany and also the pitch contributed to shocking first touches and passes.
Hopefully this gives us the required kick up the arse.
Easter Rd is huge now.
Every game is huge. We've been saying this since November.

Over critical of a team who have out-performed all season. Fir park against a ten man wall today.
Excuse me you did not watch the game today. Motherwell pressed a high line today and done it well for the first 45min they did not .There was no ten man wall in the first half. Be objective dont just come on here and talk shite

Not complacency for me,we kept probing trying to get an opening until the very end.
We've seen hundreds of similar games, Motherwell put 11 players behind the ball, sometimes we get a result, unfortunately not today.

just seen this thread, 100% spot on.

we started in 1st gear and well, we finished in 1st gear.

It is an odd take to be suggesting that the players in this group are guilty of complacency.

I think they’ve earned a wee bit more trust this season than calling their mentality into question after ending a 15 match winning streak with a draw.

To be fair, they defended well although some of our crossing was poor and didn't mix it up enough in terms of one twos,second half we were a bit more like ourselves although we miss Arfield in particular. Still unbeaten. I don't think it's complacency as the gaffer wouldn't tolerate that.

I don’t know whether today’s performance was down to complacency or something else. None of us do.

I think it’s fair to warn against it, both players and fans, which is how I read the OP. But I think it would be too much of a jump to state with any certainty that that was the reason for today‘s dropped points.

We have been starting slow in a lot of games recently and it cost us today. We need to start with a higher intensity.

It is an odd take to be suggesting that the players in this group are guilty of complacency.

I think they’ve earned a wee bit more trust this season than calling their mentality into question after ending a 15 match winning streak with a draw.
It's absolutely bonkers but entirely to be expected from the OP.

Yes, we are 21 points ahead. They have games in hand. It could be 12 points. Will it be? Who knows but we have to act like it is.

Today was a chance to turn the screw. They had dropped a further 2 points with a depleted squad. A chance to show we are a different animal. No let up, show how ruthless we are. What we got was a limp performance first half, starting the game like a testimonial match. Why did it take a half time roasting to get going?

I get the argument that we won't play well in every match. They are human beings after all. But from the get go, today's performance was strange given the circumstances

Oh here we go.

The end.
More than three key players off the boil, and another three out injured, and we still got a point, and could have won it.

I was disappointed with the team today. We seem to have developed a bad habit of standing off of other teams in the early part of matches and not being aggressive enough.
We have conceded chances in the early stages of about the last half a dozen matches and they could all have turned out differently.
It almost seems like we have to be shocked into lifting our game, becoming more aggressive and getting on the front foot.
I am hoping that with Ryan Jack back in next weekend, we will have more bite and better cover when Tav goes forward.
Let’s hope that Kemar Roofe is back as well so that Ryan Kent can be rested given that he is clearly off his best form

Unfortunately missed the game today, will hopefully catch some highlights.. But had I not known the actual result would have easily thought it was a loss just by the nature of the threads.

Follow Follow at its bi-polar best.

Think the team can be forgiven a draw away from home given their over performance this season.

Time to go have a lie down lads?

ffs WE HAVE NOT LOST A LEAGUE GAME.
Sure we never played well today on a horrendous surface but with 20 mins to go i said to my m8 let's just take a point.

Back