Docherty update on Rocksport .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted last night re McArthur/McCarthy, they went to Wigan and got sold on for a combined profit of £16.2m of which Hamilton got a % of the profit.
I also know 100% they got money for the English cup final win as well as money for 1st competitive cap. Worth significant money to Hamilton. If Docherty comes to us, there will be money for League titles and CL qualification money as well.

I don't see any issue with that. Especially since they are being reasonable with the actual fee itself.

Just imagine the reaction if we don’t get him.

Wish to point out under this board:

Those doing negotiations for the Club only failed to land:

Warburton's Transfer Windows :
Mariappa - Due to wage demands
Scott Allan - Hibs refused to sell
Eustace - (Family issues, fitness)
Lescott - Failed medical.

Pedro - Every target he wanted was landed other than Walker because Hearts got greedy for a player entering the last 6 months of his deal.

Murty - Every target other than Jones cause Killie want £1M has been landed so far.

It is a pretty good record at getting deals done.

I don't see any issue with that. Especially since they are being reasonable with the actual fee itself.

I’d agree.

There’s no danger of us not getting him, the fee is more than agreeable. But as we know, it’s not just about that initial fee, the add ons in this case are worth more to Hamilton and that’s where the delay is.

Sign of the times. People have access to information 24/7 via social media. Some crave it instantly,if not they wet the bed.

Precisely this. I mentioned this in a previous (pre-chopped) thread.

The web can be an extremely positive tool, but hells bells, some people don't half use it to get bent way out of shape.

Every single transfer target we have these days is accompanied by thread after thread of hysterical pish.

I guess years of signing p1sh players have brought us to be overexcited children now.

Agreed about getting Chris back on the board however I think it should be because it benefits us and Chris himself rather than any get it up you to the press.

The haters can fxxk off as far as I am concerned and we shouldn't be basing any decisions we make on how it affects the press or any other scum source out there.
Totally agree, this should be all about Rangers and having the best people possible helping the club.

The board need to realise that no matter what we do and how much we try to do the right thing, the mhedia in this country will always default to painting us as evil bigots .... Chris is a fantastic representative of the Rangers support and would add a 'street wise' attitude when dealing with our PR issues.

Getting back to the thread .....Fingers crossed GD finally gets on the inside of a blue shirt today :)

The Sun (I know, I know) are saying no 2nd bid was submitted and that we are weighing up bidding in the next 48 hours :D

Where are they pulling this from? Seems to go against EVERYTHING reported last night?

Pedro - Every target he wanted was landed other than Walker because Hearts got greedy for a player entering the last 6 months of his deal.

Murty - Every target other than Jones cause Killie want £1M has been landed so far.

It certainly is, but that wont stop the ‘Board are useless and must be replaced’ Brigade. They are far from perfect but I reckon they are about as good as we can hope for given our current financial position.

Ps if we do t get Docherty I reckon I’ll log out of FF for about 3 weeks until the hysteria calms down!

I don't doubt it. Remember Everton had a clause Michael Balls contract where after a certain number of games they were due an additional £500k

Which was bloody stupid as it only gave us motivation not to play him.

Clauses about winning cups or CL involvement are more sensible and both us and Hamilton benefit - so long as they are just getting a very small % of the bonus for winning the cup or entering the CL then it suits everyone. No perverse incentives.

I’ve never seen so much hype for a player. I’ll be honest, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play or noticed him.
Is he that good?

You wouldn't think so reading some of the jokers on here last night.

No matter what happens with Docherty, and I think we'll still get him, the board, Allen and Murty have had an excellent window and have strengthened us dramatically.

The board should offer him the opportunity to return, and if the press / media have an issue with it; the club should tell them to fućk off.
Agree with you mate.the board didn,t handle the chris situation well at all.would rather has chris in place than jim traynor.

You wouldn't think so reading some of the jokers on here last night.

No matter what happens with Docherty, and I think we'll still get him, the board, Allen and Murty have had an excellent window and have strengthened us dramatically.

We have got stronger but let’s remember every player so far is a loan deal. Goss there is no option to buy.

Once they’re all confirmed to be Rangers players in the summer then we can get the champagne out for the board. Until then, yes we’ve got stronger on paper but they’re not our players yet

Docherty met with Hamilton chairman at 3pm yesterday and he expected it all to go through and be at Auchenhowie by teatime last night. He never expected the late rejection/twist.

Says it like being interviewed for a job you really really want and you think you have it but now the waiting on the answer is frustrating.

He wouldn't have played on Saturdays cup game as he genuinely has minor thigh strain so he possibly wouldn't have been ready for tomorrow night had he signed already.

Hopefully today is the day.

Docherty met with Hamilton chairman at 3pm yesterday and he expected it all to go through and be at Auchenhowie by teatime last night. He never expected the late rejection/twist.

Says it like being interviewed for a job you really really want and you think you have it but now the waiting on the answer is frustrating.

He wouldn't have played on Saturdays cup game as he genuinely has minor thigh strain so he possibly wouldn't have been ready for tomorrow night had he signed already.

Cheers for the update mate

Thanks for the update mate really hope this gets done for the boy and us.

Strange for Hamilton to move the goalposts at such a late stage I'm hoping they've not moved them massively.

Thanks for the update mate really hope this gets done for the boy and us.

Strange for Hamilton to move the goalposts at such a late stage I'm hoping they've not moved them massively.
Could just be miscommunication where the clubs have agreed verbally what the formal terms of the offer will be and when the actual paperwork comes through small details are different to what they thought they had agreeed ..... hopefully these details will be ironed out today

Every single transfer target we have these days is accompanied by thread after thread of hysterical pish.
Spot on. At first, it was quite interesting, now it’s just a complete shambles. Everybody and their granny, who know no more than you and I about what’s going on behind the scenes, giving their unique take on what’s happening. It’s such a waste of time, so much so that, when I view a thread these days, I go straight to the last page and ignore all the posts on the earlier pages. That approach is not more informative, it’s just bloody quicker and less stressful.

Spot on. At first, it was quite interesting, now it’s just a complete shambles. Everybody and their granny, who know no more than you and I about what’s going on behind the scenes, giving their unique take on what’s happening. It’s such a waste of time, so much so that, when I view a thread these days, I go straight to the last page and ignore all the posts on the earlier pages. That approach is not more informative, it’s just bloody quicker and less stressful.
That ends up being about something entirely different than it started.

It quite funny as you know a lot of people desperate for him to sign have never seen him play. Apart from against us.

I'll be honest and say that I have been to all the games v Hamilton over the past couple of years. Not sure if he has played in all these games, but i do not remember anyone from Hamilton standing out in any of these games.

Getting a lot of hype on here from some quarters so I guess some posters may have seen something in him in recent years.

Couch sitters won't have seen him play that's a cert.
Actually sums me up perfectly.
A couch sitter who hasn't seen him play, and can't say I noticed him too much against us.
As I only really watch Rangers... And as mad as that sounds I know there are plenty on here, even those who attend matches only do the same.

Anyhoo, I don't see how someone who sits on a chair or someone who stands will necessarily have seen any more of him?
I suspect couch sitters may have seen more of him since (contrary to me) they are most likely to be the ones watching the SPFL highlights shows on whatever channels they are on.

Last edited:
That ends up being about something entirely different than it started.

It quite funny as you know a lot of people desperate for him to sign have never seen him play. Apart from against us.
I dont have a clue how good he is, and I can’t believe the excitement over him on here. I really hope he’s as good as been made out.

Actually sums me up perfectly.
A couch sitter who hasn't seen him play, and didn't say I noticed him too much against us.
As I only really watch Rangers... And as mad as that sounds I know there are plenty on here, even those who attend matches only do the same.

Anyhoo, I don't see how someone who sits on a chair or someone who stands will necessarily have seen any more of him?
I suspect couch sitters may have seen more of him since (contrary to me) they are most likely to be the ones watching the SPFL highlights shows on whatever channels they are on.
I think he just wanted to let everyone know he goes to the games :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back