Match Thread ** Rangers v Aberdeen - 19:45 Wed 24th January - RangersTV.tv **

If it’s risky CBs then it’s a good idea to give them a bit of cover. It’s not your usual home game, it’s a must win home game.

Jason Holt is not a defensive mid. He's a box to box midfielder, he covers every single blade of grass.

The team is as I wanted it to be, providing the information on here is correct. I believe Derek is Mr Reliable when it comes to team selection so I'll take it as gospel.

Really strong team designed to cause them problems first rather than try and win a battle.

It's about time we tried to rip into teams like this rather than wait patiently for a breakthrough.

RANGERS: Foderingham, Tavernier, Martin, Bates, John, Holt, Goss, Murphy, Candeias, Windass, Morelos.

SUBS: Alnwick, Cummings, Herrera, Halliday, Hodson, Cardoso, Kranjcar.

RANGERS: Foderingham, Tavernier, Martin, Bates, John, Holt, Goss, Murphy, Candeias, Windass, Morelos.

SUBS: Alnwick, Cummings, Herrera, Halliday, Hodson, Cardoso, Kranjcar.

Where did you get that team from? I've been refreshing Twitter and Facebook and YouTube for five minutes and still can't see anything

DUU9ECKWkAEYdff.jpg:large

Payed double on the train from Edinburgh to get to Ibrox early and soak up the atmosphere, of course there’s been a landslide on the track and now I’ll be in 5 minutes after kick off at best :mad:
Nae luck mate,hope The Rangers give you a result and performance tonight

Wonder if that is Wilson for the off or whether there is an injury. As for Bates starting ahead of Cardoso - don't see much wrong with that. Bates hasn't put a foot wrong and Cardoso hadn't been that good when he was given the chance.

Decent looking line-up. Although, would have much preferred McCrorie in that DM role. Hope Cummings gets a decent run out though. Looking forward to him kicking a ball in anger - also looking forward to seeing what Martin, Murhpy and Goss will bring to the team today.

Played almost the exact same lineup (Wilson instead of Bates) and the same formation on Fifa17 last night and beat the sheep 2-0!!

El Buffalo and John to score!! :D

Fifaloyal

Going forward I have no worries but that central midfield is looking like a potential issue

Looks about the strongest team we have now. Personally I'd have played Cardoso with Martin to give more pace but there's not much between any of our defenders.

Goss is first choice just now as DM. Not much between Halliday and Holt. Holt is probably the better player and better positionally but Halliday is a bit more robust in a holding role. Neither are ideal but I prefer to have a natural right footer partnering a lefty so Holt is fine.

Front 4 are our first choices. I reckon the game has come too soon for Cummings and certainly too soon to adjust formation to include him. Could be useful off the bench if he's there.

Only question would be whether we should have gone for the diamond midfield that worked so well before but, with the players we have out, it may have been a bit lightweight and unbalanced.

Don't think Murty could do much more but, when Cummings and (hopefully) Docherty bed in we'll be much more flexible and when our injuries abate we have really a pretty impressive squad. The players there should be enough to take Aberdeen.

Dorrans, Jack, McCrorie and Alves all injured. That's not a bad starting eleven but it's still a relatively weak bench although given the injury list it's not surprising. Be good to see Cummings get a run out.

Should be more than good enough to beat the sheep shaggers but we must be patient as it will take time for new players to bed in.

Krancjar and Herrera on the bench is brutal. Aside from that, agree it’s the best XI we can field, although would maybe have sacrificed Murphy for Halliday to stiffen things up a bit

Wilson was in on the Instagram photo and they’ve just posted another with Bates in.

Late injury or is Wilson for the off?

No, it isn't.

Bates was MOTM in the last competitive game we played and also in the last game we played against Aberdeen.
Without derailing the thread, sky may have gave him motm but he wasn't even our best centre back that day and tavernier was better as well.

Back