The importance of Morelos to this team

You really can’t underestimate it. Another huge performance from him on a big European night. Involved in all the goals, caused them no end of problems and his return is even more welcome with the injury to Roofe. He had the battle fever on.

Keep getting it up the haters Alfie, you’re doing just fine.

giphy.gif

There seems to be a feeling amongst the support that less goals = playing poorly. If anyone is in any doubt of what he brings to this team they just need to watch this game back. Outstanding.

When he plays through the middle he draws out centre halves and when he's out wide full backs can't handle him and he just makes so much space for others.

You really can’t underestimate it. Another huge performance from him on a big European night. Involved in all the goals, caused them no end of problems and his return is even more welcome with the injury to Roofe. He had the battle fever on.

giphy.gif

Weve been banging this drum for a while mate. Wow. What do you say to that? Involved in everygoal. Hes a superstar when in the mood. My sons still singing his name upstairs. Incredible. I love the guy beyond belief. When he moves on il still follow him as well.

There seems to be a feeling amongst the support that less goals = playing poorly. If anyone is in any doubt of what he brings to this team they just need to watch this game back. Outstanding.

Tonight was a lesson for the “ultimately strikers should be judged on their goals” brigade. A lesson in how a striker can go 90 minutes without scoring and still be the best player on the park and the most vital player in terms of playing their part in the goals and the victory.

He's the spearhead of our team . I once complained when he was stupid and saw red against the unwashed , but now I forgive him. Do what you do , ups and downs included.
He's so much more important , and better than a wee Europa League scoring streak , as good as it was .
Love him , hope he stays and wins many medals

WTF....he was the best player on the park. Contributing to all 4 goals!

It was meant as a compliment, probably focusing on his poor miss and some poor possession rather than his involvement in the goals. Will revisit when sober!

Tonight was a lesson for the “ultimately strikers should be judged on their goals” brigade. A lesson in how a striker can go 90 minutes without scoring and still be the best player on the park and the most vital player in terms of playing their part in the goals and the victory.
We’ve gone 3 pages without his miss being sarcastically mentioned, indicative of how well he played tonight.

Spot on bro. He has been like that all season. See when we are scoring 4 goals away from home in Europe, it matters not one %^*& to me that he hasnt scored them. If he keeps playing like that, we will always get chances.

giphy.gif
well said sir. He is setting himself up for #55 at the piggery

Morelos and Kent. Two players who get some amount of stick on here. Vital to us
Agree but they deserve some of the stick they get. Tonight Alfie was excellent and he is so so important to us we needhim on the pitch
Ryan Kent is capable of this type of performance more often

Done very well

Missed a great chance early doors 1 on 1.

Didn’t let it faze him and done well contributing to a number of the goals scored.

First of all, helluva game, but I’ll leave that and the analysis to the match thread.

In terms of Alfie, what he brings to the team is unbelievable. Selfless running, brave, amazing workrate and drags defenders all over the place. Oh and his wee touches and layoffs can be brilliant. OK, he isn’t scoring as many as he has done, but he will. And by Christ we’ll miss him when he goes
Not scoring as many as previously because he's playing for the team in a different role, but he'll score. After Davis, he's the one we can't leave out.

He is pivotal.

Thought he was very good tonight cant believe people saying he was poor they must have been watching a different game to me. Involved directly in all of the goals.

2 assists tonight and he’s crossed the ball to Kent for the eventual penalty. A huge contribution tonight. Never stopped working.

giphy.gif
His presence lifts the team and bothers the opposition.

Back