Votes: 16 1.4%
  • Kent

Votes: 188 16.5%
  • Jack

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Hagi

Votes: 2 0.2%

• Total voters
dkhfjsfbasbfsamvn,fndksdnsafndmnfdkfkdsafhskdfhfjakdhjasfahkgjfhvjbhnajfbsfajkshwkifjdusahdnhjusabavjadsbssvadhbffhsjakfbdsakbgdjskfhgkdsaFHKSABFJDSAFHKDSAHFKHGJFHHDVSJFNJCKJGFJSFBJFBJSFBHJSWBHJGDSHBGDFBjsfhdghdkghdkfhsdkhdjfhdsgjdfjdkfjdskfhdkghsdkghfkgdgdshgkdsfhsdjvfdfhbdsjgddgjgdggbbdgskgkd know what i mean?!

What a fxckin game of football we just won!

C'MON RANGERS!

B-):shh:

Piss poor performance despite the scoring gave away two needless goals from inept displays by not taking charge of the ball .

How the %^*& does a Rangers player stand static watching a ball in mid air with plenty of time to make the ball his own by positioning himself & shielding it only to let the opposition's player nick in because of indecision allowing the bounce off the deck.

That level of ineptitude is unacceptable at this level it cost two goals tonight .

For most of the game the passing & crossing was bollocks despite continual pressing from the opposition yes there were spells in the game we pegged them back even missing three sitters ridiculous that two were in a one on one situation .

I've no doubt they are a good team however there's a lot of work to be done despite his absence even when he was in Tavernier doesn't shout enough or organise in these type of performances it's left to McGregor to give them a bollocking barely an outfield player takes charge when performances like tonight's go unchecked on the park given the amount of times they gave the ball away needlessly.

That was an SPFL Performance tonight it has to be much better .

As for the officiating where do you even start with these arseholes the yellows dished out to Barasic & Kent were ridiculous Barasic won the ball with no follow through similar to the tackle on Joe Aribo both players won the ball one made a meal of it resulting in a yellow the other also won the ball cleanly with no follow through yet the similarities and resultant decisions don't bear out & was happy to award a penalty for a mild tussle then a dive a total imbecile of an official he makes the ones here look good.

FFS what a pile of pish :))
That lot beat Spurs, cheer up ya miserable bastard, we won away in Europe, in the knock out stages. Well done SG and the boys.

First time for a long time I did not trust our defence to keep them out. Arfield and Davis did not do enough. On the positives Morelos and Kent and Aribo put in a great shift and we always looked like scoring. Tav was a miss but Balogun was solid enough in defence.
Once again another good night in Europe and look forward to the return at Ibrox.

Anyone see big BB go after the GK at the 2nd pen?
Think a few verbals to psyche him out and rammed it right up him! Wee verbal at the end too, team of winners. Looked nervy on the 1st but the 2nd to bury it in the top corner was class!

I thought we played really well tonight, second half particularly. Better decision making in the final third and we’d have been home and hosed comfortably. I honestly felt like we played with a belief bordering on arrogance in that second half that we just knew we would pull a result

This team just never quits. It's just an amazing feeling watching them.
Regardless of the few negatives tonight we can take a whole lot of positives from tonight. I just can't put in words how much I love this squad. And what a class interview from SG. The man is pure class.
When I was voting for MotM I thought I may be in the minority voted for Alfie, it was great to see how many others loved his contribution tonight. His work rate and passing was incredible.
And for any mhanks looking in on our thread in their tea stained green and grey 'onesies' ...
Still marching on to 55 and totally respected in Europe. WATP. :shh:

Hopefully the injury to Tav isn't too bad. Imagine how angry Gerrard is going to be with Patterson on top if Tav is having to sit a game or two out and he can't play due to being a selfish little git?
Patterson has learned probably his biggest life lesson tonight. He is sitting in the house when he should have been part of that amazing team victory and performance. Silly boy. However, let’s not hang him for it. The kid deserves another chance.

80 mins of poor decisions and not being in it then that last 10 mins we just clicked into gear
Amazing finish, my nerves are shredded
Wait, wait wait. We were not in it fo 80 minutes?? We were the better team overall by a bit; we were at least their equal in the first half and by far the better in the second half.

That lot beat Spurs, cheer up ya miserable bastard, we won away in Europe, in the knock out stages. Well done SG and the boys.
Christ I presumed that was a half time analysis, imagine coming away from that result and those are your immediate thoughts

It was like a game of basketball at times. Brilliant attitude to come back twice from being behind, and our control and passing of the ball was great to watch at times against a big, strong team. Really impressed with Balogun at RB. We would give most teams in Europe a game on our day.

Occasionally our final pass did let us down, usually due to no-one really willing to have a pop from outside the box (Aribo goal excluded), and we did look a bit vulnerable sometimes after we scored, which is usually a bit more noticeable when Jack is not on the pitch. But that is being picky after that result.

Well done Gers!

I am too old for a game like that I was jumping about like a loony thought my ticker was going to pack in when they got the third. Think it is Aribo who switches off but thought he had a good game for the most part.

Great win in the end. More discipline next week should see us over the line.

Davis doesnt put his hands on the Antwerp player and he doesnt know how close Davis is in terms of making it look like there's contact.
That's a direct quote from your post #5452 which is why there were quotation marks around the text in my post.

Modern day fullbacks aren't just defenders. They need to be able to contribute going forward. Balogun can't. Balogun on the right as a fullback doesnt do what Barasic and Tav do. If he's right back then you're relying on the right sided forward of the 3 doing far more.

We'd probably be better playing Balogun as an aggressive sweeper/defensive midfielder the way that we used Tugay at times and used Ryan Jack as back up for Tav. Jack will get forward and support the play in front of him on that right hand side. Balogun isnt effective at doing that.

And other than his finish? Aribo was absolutely woeful. Often found wandering about in midfield like a fart in a wetsuit, doing absolutely nothing - if he wasn't giving up possession, failing to track runners or actually putting the keeper under pressure with his terrible back passes.
I’ve got a strong feeling our management disagree with you, and that’s why he saw out the 90 minutes.

Stevie also singled out Balogun for praise.

I think they might know better than either of us.

That performance was pish dress it up anyway you want .

I know what I saw!

So I'm happy to be a miserable whatever for as long as they are continually giving the ball away with shitey overhit passes & gifting the opposition the ball .

That's a direct quote from your post #5452 which is why there were quotation marks around the text in my post.

It was. Not sure what part you think I'm changing or not being consistent with.

Davis puts his hands on the Antwerp forward's back and hip. That lets the player know how close Davis is. If the Antwerp forward doesnt think Davis is close enough to him then he isnt going to fall down looking for the penalty because if he does and Davis is nowhere near him then he gets booked for diving. By putting his hands on the Antwerp player, Davis basically signals that he's close behind him. Antwerp forward knows that he can go down and that he can try and sell it to the ref as Davis coming in to the back of him and clipping him.

No hands from Davis and the Antwerp forward doesnt go down because he doesnt know how close Davis is to him. Antwerp player isnt going to throw himself to the ground if he thinks that Davis is 2 or 3 feet behind him rather than touching distance behind him.

We won the game but I didn't recognise us tonight.
We started with a few players who were rusty and short of game time but we were slack in possession so often.
I've never seen us so open at the back, they scored about 90% of they're chances.
Our forward play at times was disjointed, we really should've scored about six tonight.
I get we had to get over injuries and regroup but we need to up it a lot.

Did he find better form tonight?

Yes. Being “rested” allowed him to find better form. :))

Although, as Jekyll and Hyde Kent is - he was summed up in 2mins. Absolutely top drawer goal. Pure composure and classy finish. 2mins later - everything but that!

Not to worry. Job done tonight. Thanks to a massive contribution from Kent.

Out of curiosity, why did we change sponsor? Looked like a sticker over 32Red

Would guess that there are restrictions on gambling sponsorship.

Belgian football doesnt allow sponsorship from companies not registered with the Belgian gambling commission.

It was. Not sure what part you think I'm changing or not being consistent with.

Davis puts his hands on the Antwerp forward's back and hip. That lets the player know how close Davis is. If the Antwerp forward doesnt think Davis is close enough to him then he isnt going to fall down looking for the penalty because if he does and Davis is nowhere near him then he gets booked for diving. By putting his hands on the Antwerp player, Davis basically signals that he's close behind him. Antwerp forward knows that he can go down and that he can try and sell it to the ref as Davis coming in to the back of him and clipping him.

No hands from Davis and the Antwerp forward doesnt go down because he doesnt know how close Davis is to him. Antwerp player isnt going to throw himself to the ground if he thinks that Davis is 2 or 3 feet behind him rather than touching distance behind him.

Your post #5530

"Davis doesnt put his hands on the Antwerp player and he doesnt know how close Davis is in terms of making it look like there's contact."

The highlighted bit. Ok we're all a bit excited tonight and still haven't come down yet B-D but I'm away to my bed, might not get to sleep right away. :))

Mutton saying we were the better side and that it wasn’t a penalty to them.

It must pain him, which make it all the sweeter.

Not that I think we will, but can lose 1 - 0 and still go thru.....brilliant position to be in. Or the odd goal in 5....

We won the game but I didn't recognise us tonight.
We started with a few players who were rusty and short of game time but we were slack in possession so often.
I've never seen us so open at the back, they scored about 90% of they're chances.
Our forward play at times was disjointed, we really should've scored about six tonight.
I get we had to get over injuries and regroup but we need to up it a lot.
Fucking dry your eyes , really? We are not Barcelona . This was an excellent result away from home that maybe the likes of Spurs might have wanted. We’re you happy with the defeats against Grasshoppers and SturmGraz previously? Utter shite

Defensively we where poor for two of the goals,uncharacteristic for us and a slight worry.
Happy to win as usual and a mental game back and forward.
Not good for the heart them type of games B-)

Your post #5530

"Davis doesnt put his hands on the Antwerp player and he doesnt know how close Davis is in terms of making it look like there's contact."

The highlighted bit. Ok we're all a bit excited tonight and still haven't come down yet B-D but I'm away to my bed, might not get to sleep right away. :))

Possibly a typo in the post you're quoting?

That performance was pish dress it up anyway you want .

I know what I saw!

So I'm happy to be a miserable whatever for as long as they are continually giving the ball away with shitey overhit passes & gifting the opposition the ball .
Your a banger, we just won 4.3 away in Belgium, get a grip of yourself, it fans like you that I hope we never see at Ibrox again, yes there was huge issues tonight but we won 4.3 away in europe and have one foot in the last 16, but you go and be depressed twat.

Both the pundits laying into the referee.

He wasn't up to scratch at all.

One of my biggest annoyances in the first half was the referee was running into the play, getting in the way of passes, almost stopping build up by cutting out the passing lanes and screening passes basketball-style for both teams runners all over the pitch.

It was fucking unreal to watch, the guy was clearly a defender/defensive midfielder at some point in his career before becoming a referee because his instinct was to get in the way of the play instead of moving out of it.

That's not even mentioning some of the decisions he made.

Back