Match Thread ** Ross County v Rangers - 14:00 Sun 28th - Sky Sports **

What a sweat that game was , same deficiencies against the smaller teams.
A game that should have been much easier after the first half.
3 points

Three points but that’s about the strength of it. We were well off the pace fir much of that second half against the bottom team in the league.

We'll take it but really not good enough

Totally agree with that.

A bit too soft in the middle today and not closing down in 2nd half, almost lazy in the 2nd half.
Windass and Morelos very poor today and Candieas tailed off badly.
Murphy, Goss and Cummings the main plus points.

Still think we need a dominant Centre Half before window closes.
I would consider stop playing two wide players as it allows our midfield to fall out the game.

Reactions: BWO
For Dick Gordon the big taking point isn't the wrongly awarded penalty, it's the dubious claim against Bates. Hatred drips from him

mentally challenged fuckin WANK Walker %^*& yi ya prick
Our free kick in the first half when the County player had is arms up by his head was harsh according to him, yet he's wanting penalties when the ball is hit at our players hands by the side of their bodies from a yard away. He's a f*cking bitter w@nk.

Should have been out of sight by halftime, even though they came back into it our goalkeeper didn’t have a save to make all match and we continued to be wasteful on breaks where we should have scored more. All in all pleased with the win but annoyed it wasn’t by many more goals.

We made hard work of that in the end but delighted with the win, fucking buzzing for Cummings too.

We simply need to better though, especially with Hibs next week.

Frustrating that we continually make these games so difficult for ourselves when we should have been out of sight at half time, but a good 3 points nonetheless.

Pleased for Cummings and Docherty, penalty was a joke but what do you expect from Steven ‘Look at Me’ McLean.

Bates MOTM for me, he was excellent. Murphy wasn’t that involved going forward but he does the defensive side really well for an attacking player.

Good to see JC get off the mark, he looked very lively

You are spot on, Murphy got us out of jail two or three times down that left hand side when Declan John was in no mans land. With Murphy & Candeias we now have two tireless wingers who have great defensive attributes to their game.

Has to be Morelos up top with Cummings on Wednesday. Windass was too quiet today.

Made heavy weather of it but 3 points are 3 points. Got to take our chances and bury teams. By the way. Walker? You're a c(nt.

Played some nice stuff first half. Second half was woeful. 3 points and a first Rangers goal for Jason Cummings. Onwards and upwards.

Good win but performance could haves been better. Ref was a disgrace but that's nothing new these days. Morelos should be dropped though. Give Cummings the start.

Made that extremely hard for ourselves as usual, we really need to start taking our chances and killing teams off

Delighted to see Jason Cummings bag his first goal and Young Docherty making his debut.

Well that was a lot more stressful than I expected it to be, especially after the first half! Glad to get the points, made it difficult for ourselves but the subs (when eventually made) thankfully made a difference.

Good to see Cummings get on the scoresheet, the first of many hopefully, and nice to see young Greg get an introduction.

Commentators were woeful, studio analysts too, no one likes us, we don't care!

Absolutely delighted with the points but yet another refereeing decision goes against us nows the time to call it out as we won.

We could quite easily have conceded one earlier so I'll take that.

Better to get a penalty against you when 2 up than 1 up.

Today's poor second half was nothing to do with the referee.

Feck me yet another slog against rubbish
Those two idiots passing themselves off as commentators are so unprofessionally bias its not true.
Once again another referee makes up a decision to favour our opponents.

Possibly a bit tired after Wednesday’s game and just not up to match practice… yet!

But when we are ……we will hammer some SPFL team soon!

Jason Orange scores his first of many and we will only get stronger

A valuable 3 points and another win for the ‘famous’

Not a bad day ……in all honesty

Never a pen but 1st 1 was. We celebrated on the pitch taking the lead against bottom team as if it was Bayern Munich and now we hold on for grim death counting down the clock! Unconvincing overall performance but I'll take the 3 points as 3 months ago we'd have drawn

Are you only allowed to celebrate a certain way against lesser teams?

Shite penalty decision aside we need to start killing teams off.We seem to tire lot of time as well compared to teams we're playing

Utter dogshit from Rangers today and we got away with it. 88 minutes and 2 goals up and we nearly blew it.

Decent first half when we should have killed it and a poor second half.

We were only hanging on due to a poor penalty award. McLean was trying to make up for not giving the one earlier against Bates, which was more of a penalty than the one he gave.

Three points, still getting up to speed after the Winter break and bedding players in.

I’ll settle for that.

Subs were made too late. Docherty and Cummings should've been brought on closer to the 50th minute as you could see they were winning all the midfield duels.

Fantastic first half and a dogged second half, on a minging day in Dingwall.

Unreal scenes at the second goal; fuckking class.

Thought Bates looked clumsy today tbh.
Holt mom for me, shades it as he was consistent both halves, everyone else dropped a level (or 2) second half.

I’ll take the three points but that was harder work than it needed to be!

Glad we got to see what Cummings is all about. Had twelve minutes to make an impact and did so! My confidence that he will be a fantastic player for us is only growing.

Second half was really poor and would like to have seen the changes made earlier, but a win is a win is a win.

We won't see another penalty like that given all season. Gave it because he thinks he got the earlier one wrong (he didn't). Giving decisions based on earlier events should see him binned from the top flight.

Struggle towards the end. Should have had that buried by half time, never really got going second half.

Win’s a win though.

Back