Match Thread ** Ross County v Rangers - 14:00 Sun 28th - Sky Sports **

It was a good win and important to keep the pressure on 1st and 3rd. I kinda guessed the type of performance today would be a bit below par given the energy used against the sheep. Windass should have been substitued around 55 mins. I would have liked to see Cummings with Morelos.
Goss and Murphy were good. The team is still lacking in overall quality and energy levels will improve with each game.

It's Rangers where we compete for places we are not here to cheer up players it's to win games.

Morelos is currently top scorer in the league and he scored four days ago against the sheep. He's also been scoring fairly regularly recently. He's 20 years old with bags of potential and to get the best out of him we need to manage him carefully.

Dropping him for not scoring in one goal is knee-jerk, impatient nonsense that our support needs to chuck fast.

Morelos is currently top scorer in the league and he scored four days ago against the sheep. He's also been scoring fairly regularly recently. He's 20 years old with bags of potential and to get the best out of him we need to manage him carefully.

Dropping him for not scoring in one goal is knee-jerk, impatient nonsense that our support needs to chuck fast.

No one said he isn't but he had a poor game we have options for his position now. He was not being dropped sub him if he's not doing it, same for any player.

Not necessarily but to run onto pitch and mob the player?? Doesn't take away from the fact that the Rangers support were once again absolutely immense today
So how are they to celebrate then?

Would you be ok with a pitch invasion if we beat Bayern Munich?

Morelos all round play today was dog shit. He’s had a decent season so far but needs to get his head together.

I think he had a really poor first touch today. That chance in the first half when he was put clean through and instead of hitting towards goal right away he tries to take a touch with his left foot and he loses control and it spins towards the corner flag and the chance is lost. There’s also several times when he collects the ball initially but he then somehow loses controls of it like it’s a wet fish and not a football.

He did have a poor game, no debate about that. But players sometimes have bad games. Doesn't mean he should be dropped.

FWIW i'd drop Windass (for persistent bad performances) and play Cummings and Morelos together.
The funny thing is I never rated Windass but he's done well recently should have been subbed today as he looked very poor.
I'd try and play Morelos and Cummings together.

Kris commons said neither was a penalty and you can’t even it up if you think you made a mistake earlier and try and even it out.

Another 3pts, should have been more goals, a few wrong decisions in final third.
Confidence booster for both scorers.
Now Fraserburgh, game by game Rangers.

I don’t think it’s just about not scoring but it’s more about his general play and touch which were both awful today. There's only so far the “he’s a young lad” excuse will take you at Rangers because we are winners and not losers but I agree he should start the next game as it would be premature at this stage to drop him.

So the commentaries told us that the referee believed he made a mistake for the first so deliberately cheated to give the second to make up for it.

They appeared to think this was normal behaviour.

I don’t think it’s just about not scoring but it’s more about his general play and touch which were both awful today. There's only so far the “he’s a young lad” excuse will take you at Rangers because we are winners and not losers but I agree he should start the next game as it would be premature at this stage to drop him.

I think he should start the next game as well, just if he performs like today sub him.
Him and Cummings starting would help him I'd think.

So how are they to celebrate then?

Would you be ok with a pitch invasion if we beat Bayern Munich?

Did the ref book our over exuberant supporters who came on ?.

Coz if Jason had went intae the crowd he'd have sprinted to the touchline with a yellow card.

Saved Jason taking a yellow.

It'll be a while before we are up against Bayern again.

Last edited:

He needs to start bangin them in as the crucial stage of our season is now and he needs to play his part while GM gives him game time.

Did the ref book our over exuberant supporters who came on ?.

Coz if Jason had went intae the crowd he'd have sprinted to the touchline with a yellow card.

Saved Jason taking a yellow.

It'll be a while before we are up against Bayern again.

This is a thinker

Wtf?

Well done Rangers. A quick scan of County's results will tell you they don't get gubbed too often by three or four.

As much as we perhaps should have made it easier on ourselves they are a stuffy team to beat. Much like Caley Thistle from a few years back.

At 1-0 they were always likely to be a little more in our faces in the second half. Their problems will stem from putting the same effort in against other Diddy teams in front of 1,475 fans when they are not on the TV.

Now queue a week of bleating about penalty decisions in the press.

%^*& 'em and Coyle.

Draper is a thug, who would be more suited to Rugby League. He gets away with countless fouls every time he plays against us. If Holt's tackle merited a booking, why weren't Fraser and Gardoyne also booked for similar challenges?

He did have a poor game, no debate about that. But players sometimes have bad games. Doesn't mean he should be dropped.

FWIW i'd drop Windass (for persistent bad performances) and play Cummings and Morelos together.
Would love to see Cumdog & El Buffalo up front together

Saw the scum huff and puff up there and were extremely lucky to get the 3 points. Always knew this game would be anything other than a slog and not surprised at all by how it turned out. The sort of game we would have drawn before. Highlight was Cummings getting off the mark. Low point was we still look ropey at the back at times. MOTM was Candeis by a long chalk

Have to say I was pleased with the 3 points, but the margin between us and them should have been a lot more.

Onwards and upwards.

I love Cummings, I love his arrogance and self belief. He should start ahead of Morelos . He will give us more goals than Morelos,

Draper is a thug, who would be more suited to Rugby League. He gets away with countless fouls every time he plays against us. If Holt's tackle merited a booking, why weren't Fraser and Gardoyne also booked for similar challenges?

The Fraser one in particular was definitely a booking.

Back