Invading the pitch

You his brother or something :D

I've read plenty of posts criticising one thing or another & usually someone will reply with the "thread not going the way the op hoped" i was curious as to what way they thought that the op would want the thread to go.

The op must know that if you argue against the herd he'll get slaughtered for stating an opinion that's not popular on here, but then you'll know that anyway:)

We had to sit at the jail end of the east stand today as we won nowt on the cccs.
The Mrs and me tried to get in beside the Gers fans in same stand but the steward supv said he was going to get plod to throw us out, so we swiftly moved along to our seats. I protested my case to another steward who happened to be a Rangers fan and he said that when the filth were up there last, they caused all sorts of bother and we were getting it tight due to them.
Never seen the second half goals or the bears exuberance.
Life is short, enjoy it if you can.

Been a fan since 1986, never seen fans invade the park to celebrate goals in 80, 90 or 00s, against some massive clubs over those years.

I hear folk saying it's showing passion on twitter. Yeh, we didn't have that till recently I take it? Heading to east end shit hole, Pittodrie, European ties etc completely outnumbered, singing our hearts out. Is that not showing passion for the team?

Maybe it's just an age thing, but I find invading the park after goals embarrassing and a bit classless for our great institution.

I've read plenty of posts criticising one thing or another & usually someone will reply with the "thread not going the way the op hoped" i was curious as to what way they thought that the op would want the thread to go.

The op must know that if you argue against the herd he'll get slaughtered for stating an opinion that's not popular on here, but then you'll know that anyway:)
I don't have a problem with people disagreeing with my op.... We are all entitled to an opinion. Don't appreciate being labelled a timposter though just because I criticised fans for invading the pitch against the team bottom of the league

Been a fan since 1986, never seen fans invade the park to celebrate goals in 80, 90 or 00s, against some massive clubs over those years.

I hear folk saying it's showing passion on twitter. Yeh, we didn't have that till recently I take it? Heading to east end shit hole, Pittodrie, European ties etc completely outnumbered, singing our hearts out. Is that not showing passion for the team?

Maybe it's just an age thing, but I find invading the park after goals embarrassing and a bit classless for our great institution.
Totally agree

Fair play to the guys who spend their time and money following rangers everywhere but that invading the pitch carry on needs to stop. It happened against Partick last year and again today. How embarrassing would it have been if ross county had equalised today and we've invaded the pitch? Not to mention the fact the club can get fined. The day we win the league I'll accept it, until then stay in the stands
Where were you?

Maybe a golf clap would be more suited to a few of our fans who are embarrassed by fans celebrating too much.
Think your mistaking people against going onto the pitch and people celebrating...i have no issue with bears going nuts in the stands....celebrate as much as you can. Going onto the pitch is just idiotic

I followed Rangers everywhere and seen many goals and never ever felt the need to run on the park like a daft wee boy to cuddle players at a goal, like with the irrelevant add ons some of the juvenile kid on ultras in the support just can’t help themselves.

I think this is something that is missing in football. No harm done and the Rangers fans are getting exited for once

Fair play to the guys who spend their time and money following rangers everywhere but that invading the pitch carry on needs to stop. It happened against Partick last year and again today. How embarrassing would it have been if ross county had equalised today and we've invaded the pitch? Not to mention the fact the club can get fined. The day we win the league I'll accept it, until then stay in the stands
You sound like a bundle of fun.

Thought it was a good laugh to be honest. Where's the harm ? The lads stayed around our players and caused zero trouble.

It's a game given life by fans and fans give it purpose OP. Any handwringers can go and bile thur heid !!!

party-on-wayne.png

Not winning the league in years, verses going 2-0 up against Ross County. Definitely can't compare both situations.

Did you even read the post I replied to?

" I'm from a time when we won league titles and managed to stay in the stands"

I used an example, and perfectly correct to do so, but thanks for your input.

I don't have a problem with people disagreeing with my op.... We are all entitled to an opinion. Don't appreciate being labelled a timposter though just because I criticised fans for invading the pitch against the team bottom of the league

I thought you were leaving,you said you were,didn't You?

Little girls on this forum supporters can’t do right for doing wrong go enjoy the win and give yourself a shake while your at it. WATP

Im done posting on here, ye can't criticise anything the club or fans do without being labelled a timposter. our great club have won league titles without one bear spilling onto the park. We go second on goal difference and people think it's OK to invade the park. %^*& me standards are dropping. I'm as happy as anyone with the way things are progressing but the clubs standards can't drop. I was at Ibrox after helicopter Sunday, waited hours for the team to come back and after 5 minutes people started going onto the park and the team got taken back inside. Maybe its just me but the pitch is not for fans.
Cheerio then!

agreed. I thought it was embarrassing at thistle last year and today was no better! F*cking run on the pitch cos we beat thistle and Ross county?! Behave yourselves, we are rangers is this how far we have fallen!!!?

Maybe we should not celebrate at all? o_O

Thought you said you were done with the site ?

At risk of offending everyone... my initial reaction was "oh no" but that's probably because the last time I saw it we were getting attacked by Hibs fans and the police were doing nothing about it, then the media were still blaming us for being out of order and making up lies!

But when I saw the joy in the faces of the fans and both them and the players hugging and celebrating together I thought it was brilliant and the stewards and police quickly got things under control. Should we really be arguing with each other about this to the point where people now want to leave FF?

It happened, it was exuberance in the heat fo the moment, it was quickly dealt with and there are more important things to discuss, we shouldn't be falling out with each other about this. We have enough enemies in the media and Scottish football that we still need to stick together.

SittingOnTheFenceLoyal.

:)

It’s all part of the entertainment

I loved it

As it shows passion

As long as it’s not to cause trouble and done in the right manner it’s fine

Had they gone on and asalted someone then I see your point
But the are as hyped up as most of us are about the boys that we have brought in
And it over spilled 6 ft onto the park ffs

We are getting there and I personally fukin love it

WATP

Haven't read the whole thread but I've no problem with folk doing that tbh and neither do most it would seem.

Though slightly ironic given the outrage there is on here when the Tims do it at Ibrox.

Fair play to those who travelled all the way up there on a Sunday morning. I'm sure many of us celebrated the same way in our pubs and houses.

Im done posting on here, ye can't criticise anything the club or fans do without being labelled a timposter. our great club have won league titles without one bear spilling onto the park. We go second on goal difference and people think it's OK to invade the park. %^*& me standards are dropping. I'm as happy as anyone with the way things are progressing but the clubs standards can't drop. I was at Ibrox after helicopter Sunday, waited hours for the team to come back and after 5 minutes people started going onto the park and the team got taken back inside. Maybe its just me but the pitch is not for fans.

You are entitled to your opinion in saying that, your opinion is open to support or criticism as with the club or other fans more so by a wider audience when using forums or other social media outlets!

Personally I won't criticise the singing or the small group of over excited fans goal celebration, we won enjoy the moment focus on that but if you're not going to post again that is your choice so long.

The long and short of it is
Players belong on the park
Fans belong in the stands

If the tims or in fact anyone else done it v us the same people on here ripping into the OP would be the ones having aneurisms about it

Back