Enzo Maresca their first choice for new manager

if they get the manager in first then it would suggest they aren't going with a Director of Football.

DoF should be the first in the door.
Fergal Harkin is meant to be their new DOF who works at Man City also so the working relationship will be there

Last edited:
It will be an interesting, and telling, appointment. Are Celtic ready for a building process? A foreign coach, on limited funds, could take a while to get up to speed. If, and it is a big If, we can keep our squad relatively intact, they could be in big trouble.

No manager with any aspirations of gaining or maintaining a reputation will go near that mob. They are an absolute basket case right now and unless Desmond is promising 10s of millions to spend that job is a huge risk to anyone.

That sqaud needs a massive overhaul and thats before you consider they are then up against an ever improving team and manager who will further push on with the prospect of Champions League money to spend. Even without the Champions League Rangers will still strengthen in the summer.

I can just imagine some deluded tim kidding himself on, “we’ve discovered the new Klopp”. Off he walks to a swing park or out his back, wants to get in on all that firework business to get it right up they bluenoses, you know.

Catherine Wheel & box of 100 rockets just explodes in the mongrels face after dropping his joint made of gink accidentally coz of the temazepam he’s full of.

According to an Italian journalist would probably be a sensible appointment for them given what he's done with the Man City reserves but they will no doubt be getting their handouts for loan deals from them and obviously it'll come down to how much he's given to spend in the summer if he goes their thoughts?
I put this in here about three weeks ago.

No idea what their likely budget will be but surely they aren’t luring the city pair without the promises of cash to spend.

Whomever comes in over at torbett towers, I want no let up from us next season. There can be no complacency. We have the right man at the helm to ensure this.

So it could be two household names going head to head next season.

Stevie Gerrard and Mascara or whatever his name is.

According to an Italian journalist would probably be a sensible appointment for them given what he's done with the Man City reserves but they will no doubt be getting their handouts for loan deals from them and obviously it'll come down to how much he's given to spend in the summer if he goes their thoughts?
With the money ploughed into City and buying the cream of everyones academies and players that cant make the first team it is far to say after a 2 week Champ Manager refresher before I started work I could look like the reserves equivalent of Pep Guardiola

The main takeaway from that appointment for me is it seems likely if he's their choice their DOF will indeed be one of the City employees linked. Going down this road would to me indicate they're going for a pretty substantial restructure and rebuild - an untried manager yet seemingly some cohesion between the appointments for the two positions probably looking to the long-term.

Impossible to say right now either at this juncture, but it might also be indicative of their financial power going forward. Given the links they've already had with City the past few years with multiple players going on loan to them, a move like this might indicate a pivot from splashing out on big fees like they have with Jullien and Edouard and marquee loans like Duffy and Elyonoussi, to relying on young players on loan or with substantial sell-on's from City on maybe more favourable terms. Some of that is obviously true given they patently won't have the financial muscle of years gone past, but it will be interesting to see if they completely abandon their previous strategy in favour of essentially being a farming ground for Man City. I might be stretching that a bit far, but if they are going all-in on City appointments I'll be amazed if that doesn't involve closer links between the teams, which they might be banking on to compensate for their diminishing financial advantage.

All that said, regardless of his supposed coaching credentials if I had to pick a person who I wanted to take that job it would be someone with a CV like that. Inexperienced and foreign, and will definitely need time to get used to Scottish football and have to rebuild that squad with far less financial backing than his predecessors. Wouldn't be unhappy with this appointment at all, bring it on.

whoever the filth bring in, I take great comfort in knowing that SG and his team already have shown how much they can identify good, young technical players - and improve them even further. that's a helluva talent - some might say priceless - and one that the scum and sports hacks (not surprisingly) haven't even realised

Back