MOTM Poll Rangers v Slavia Praha - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport ONLY

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
I hope you don't me skipping in this. I am Czech, lived in Stirling for a couple of years and made an account here to see after the draw tp see what Rangers' fans think of Slavia.

I know Ondrej personally, he knows my Kenyan GF, he has been playing with African teammates for his whole pro career. Also, his English is too poor to make a racist remark.

What you might see as diving (even though I saw the worst diving from your Morelos) was the issue of continental players are not used to tough game practiced in Britain.

What I would like to ask is... there was a kung-fu kick against the Slavia goalkeeper (which made him out of out national team in the next week) and the biggest thing to talk is something somebody told to another one.

Anyway, see you in CHL 2021/22

Best wishes

Martin
Haha what? Absolute nonsense Martin

Off you pop

It looks pretty sure it was. Agreed of that happened out players really should have taken it upon themselves to go off and I would have backed them.
Sadly Uefa and their officials only want to make a deal of it, Respect campaigns, armbands, adverts etc etc, when it's coming from the stands and they can make a few bob off clubs. When it's on the pitch, they'll take nothing to do with it.

Gerrard should be totally open in his post match as to what Kamara has told him was said. Absolutely zero reason to keep this in house or try to protect those cunts.

I hope you don't me skipping in this. I am Czech, lived in Stirling for a couple of years and made an account here to see after the draw tp see what Rangers' fans think of Slavia.

I know Ondrej personally, he knows my Kenyan GF, he has been playing with African teammates for his whole pro career. Also, his English is too poor to make a racist remark.

What you might see as diving (even though I saw the worst diving from your Morelos) was the issue of continental players are not used to tough game practiced in Britain.

What I would like to ask is... there was a kung-fu kick against the Slavia goalkeeper (which made him out of out national team in the next week) and the biggest thing to talk is something somebody told to another one.

Best wishes

Martin

Tell your friend he’s a racist cu nt

The difference between the 2 teams in terms of skill wasn't much. A fully fit and first choice Rangers makes that a far closer game. The difference between the 2 teams was organisation.

Midfield in both games was poor. In the first leg we got back into things the longer the game went. Generally we didnt do particularly well when the numbers were mismatched. Tonight it was their 5 against our 3. Our midfield just isnt quick enough or dynamic enough to cope with that mismatch, particularly with little help from wide forwards tracking back. Patterson needed help in both legs and didnt really get it. I can't blame him for not closing down the Prague player crossing the ball for their first because he doesnt know if anybody is covering the space in behind him.

Balogun or Helander? Helander wasn't fit so it was an easy decision for Gerrard. The manager got it wrong by not taking Balogun off. He was on a booking, was lucky not to give up a (soft) penalty and looked like picking up a 2nd booking at some point. Simpson on and we don't lose another player. The Roofe tackle wasn't intentional but it was reckless and clearly a danger to the Slavia keeper. He shouldn't have been going for that ball with his boot. Head? Make the Slavia keeper catch him and it's Kolar who's going off. Or let Kolar get the first touch under pressure and try and play for the 2nd ball. It's poor decision making by Roofe more than anything else and he was correctly sent off for it.

The comments that got Kamara and Goldson so angry? Eastern Europeans do have history for making racist comments. It has no place in society, never mind football, and particularly when the non-white players were amongst Prague's better players over the 2 legs. If it was a racist comment then at 2-0 down the Rangers team should have either walked off or sat on the turf and refused to play on. We were already going out - whats the worst that would have happened?

Over the course of the 2 legs? It's a shame that the incident with Kamara will be the main talking point. Rangers were beaten by the better organised team over 2 legs. Not a huge skill gap but absolutely a difference in pace, drive and organisation. If nothing else it gives Gerrard a very clear indication of where the squad needs to improve - both the starting 11 and the sub options.
How many times have you seen a keeper get sent off going for the ball with his hands in the air? I don't think Roofe realised how close the keeper was.

The pictures look damning for the Slavia player and Kamara is just about the most laid-back individual around so his reaction, and Zungu’s speaks volumes.
Hutton said he heard Kamara saying ‘racist’.
They are very decent players and team but pretty scummy people all round.

Best wishes

Martin
You can know black people and still be a filthy, backward, cowardice racist.
And I can assure you, that your team of screamers won't want Rangers anywhere near you in the Champions League next season

For someone who seems to hold a strong view on abuse, you don't have any qualms about abusing me.

And actually I didn't say he should accept his yellow card, I said he shouldn't risk turning it into a red.

He rightly did what he could to support his mate but but he needed to realise that he couldn't get any further at that point. It's up to the club now to take this further.
Double down mate! When in doubt get out the strawman eh?

I'm challenging your opinion. Show me where I've abused you ffs.

Last edited:
I voted for Roofe because it was an attempt at light hearted humour nothing else to call out posters as 19th Century Terrorists is out of order

we are all frustrated at the result tonight but leave the slagging out

Balogun or Helander? Helander wasn't fit so it was an easy decision for Gerrard. The manager got it wrong by not taking Balogun off. He was on a booking, was lucky not to give up a (soft) penalty and looked like picking up a 2nd booking at some point. Simpson on and we don't lose another player. The Roofe tackle wasn't intentional but it was reckless and clearly a danger to the Slavia keeper. He shouldn't have been going for that ball with his boot. Head? Make the Slavia keeper catch him and it's Kolar who's going off. Or let Kolar get the first touch under pressure and try and play for the 2nd ball. It's poor decision making by Roofe more than anything else and he was correctly sent off for it.

Pretty well what I thought too.

The pictures look damning for the Slavia player and Kamara is just about the most laid-back individual around so his reaction, and Zungu’s speaks volumes.
Agreed.

Kamara, Zungu and Goldson very animated.

Gerrard has to call them out when he does his media bits.

Best wishes

Martin
Why do you think he felt the need to cover his mouth if he wasn't saying anything untoward.?

The ref clearly pointed to his ears when booking to Goldson, can't give what he cannot hear would be his defence yet Hutton says Kamara was pointing to the 4th official, Zungu was also right next to it and reacted to it immediately

Poor all night passing was terrible even when they sat in easily mopped up at this level that simply isnt good enough .

The few real chances we had came from decisive play but not enough to even put them under pressure our delivery was poor through a packed midfield hence why they easily retained possession.

Over two legs we didn't do enough. however tonight again it has to be said time and again tonight like last week the officiating was fucking diabolical amidst the cheating Bastards diving & feigning injury being rewarded for their shithousery we made them look better than the compact side they are for that over two legs without really testing these cunts we fell well short of really laying a glove on them .

On the Roofe sending off how the %^*& can a Goalkeeper come out hands at his chest & go headlong into a player without knowing he's going to come off second best yet despite the referee being near at hand chose to ignore Roofe being blind to the player with his eye on the ball be blindsided by a complete fucking moron .

incidentally he did the same at a corner involving Goldson & one of his defenders who were already airborne only for the clueless lady's front bottom to come barging in & come off second best then rolls about the deck as if he'd been poleaxed it was a tactic they used all night not the sign of a good team in my book truth be told the lady's front bottom probably deserved it along with a few of the other cheating bastards .

The official bottled it in The Kamara incident something was clearly said & I hope Gerrard goes to town with these Bastards its one thing losing a game but when those two legs are loaded against you not only on the park Irrespective of input their antics clearly had an effect over two legs their influencing by their cheating & diving results in yellow & red cards being dished out whilst the protection racket of keeping theirs low despite tackles & or other behaviour in violation of the game then when that frustration boils over uefa close ranks to protect not only their arsehole officials but dirty bastards like Slavia Prague who will probably get away with it yet again as the officials are as fucking crooked as those cunts we played tonight .

We were second best, but why would a team of that quality resort to diving and cheating they way they did? it must be installed in to them by their manager, and once again a poor referee fell for it.

Slavia are a team of diving pussies, quite possibly the most pathetic team I've seen us play.

Add to that they obviously condone racism.

All in all a fucking repulsive team, imo.
I posted last week they commit more than 8+ fouls per game than us but receive less yellows, well drilled outfit to the extent of fouls, screaming, rotating the fouler being part of their well drilled armour

There's 2 different things tonight.

Firstly, the better team tonight win the game. They were better on the ball and off it. We were struggling badly anyway, but 2 men getting deserved red cards just made it impossible.

Most successful teams in Europe also are good at the darker arts of the game, winning fouls and getting opponents booked. This team certainly are good at it, which is frustrating but part of the game at this level.

Secondly, that incident near the end needs explained. Our players to a man were raging, and if it was racism that player needs hammered

What you want does not count uefa are really big on cracking down on this.

I think you are confusing what I beli
Possibly misread. At no point did I say that is what I wanted.
Rather I don't belive a club should be put out for one person's actions.

You make a good point about uefa being "big on" it just now and this could very well be a case where as its not one of the highest profile clubs then if provable they may well hit them hard.

Poor all night passing was terrible even when they sat in easily mopped up at this level that simply isnt good enough .

The few real chances we had came from decisive play but not enough to even put them under pressure our delivery was poor through a packed midfield hence why they easily retained possession.

Over two legs we didn't do enough. however tonight again it has to be said time and again tonight like last week the officiating was fucking diabolical amidst the cheating Bastards diving & feigning injury being rewarded for their shithousery we made them look better than the compact side they are for that over two legs without really testing these cunts we fell well short of really laying a glove on them .

On the Roofe sending off how the %^*& can a Goalkeeper come out hands at his chest & go headlong into a player without knowing he's going to come off second best yet despite the referee being near at hand chose to ignore Roofe being blind to the player with his eye on the ball be blindsided by a complete fucking moron .

incidentally he did the same at a corner involving Goldson & one of his defenders who were already airborne only for the clueless lady's front bottom to come barging in & come off second best then rolls about the deck as if he'd been poleaxed it was a tactic they used all night not the sign of a good team in my book truth be told the lady's front bottom probably deserved it along with a few of the other cheating bastards .

The official bottled it in The Kamara incident something was clearly said & I hope Gerrard goes to town with these Bastards its one thing losing a game but when those two legs are loaded against you not only on the park Irrespective of input their antics clearly had an effect over two legs their influencing by their cheating & diving results in yellow & red cards being dished out whilst the protection racket of keeping theirs low despite tackles & or other behaviour in violation of the game then when that frustration boils over uefa close ranks to protect not only their arsehole officials but dirty bastards like Slavia Prague who will probably get away with it yet again as the officials are as fucking crooked as those cunts we played tonight .
In the Kamara incident I thought he insinuated he heard it

How many times have you seen a keeper get sent off going for the ball with his hands in the air? I don't think Roofe realised how close the keeper was.

He doesnt need to realise how close the keeper is. He needs to keep his foot down because he's not in control of the challenge. Keeper could be inches away or a couple of feet away. Roofe and Kolar are going to come together because they're both rushing towards the ball.

If it's the other way - keeper goes in with his boot at head height and catches Roofe in the face or if a Slavia player does it to McGregor - then we're all demanding a red. Nobody has to like the decision but the red card was the correct one. Roofe's attempts to get that ball are reckless and he's putting the opponent in danger. Whether or not it was intentional is irrelevant.

Its a challenge he didnt need to make. He could have gone for it with his head and invited the contact from Kolar. Or he could have let Kolar win it and played for the 2nd ball. It's bad decision making from Roofe rather than anything else. He picked the option with the least prospect of success.

Everyone is allowed an opinion without that ‘conceit’ nonsense.
We’re on the same side. Yeah, everyone is allowed an opinion. I just get pissed off with everyone suddenly thinking they could do a better job than Gerrard after one loss. Zoomers, I can ignore. People who normally talk sense aren’t so easy to ignore. I’m in the camp of we’ve had a great season already and it might get better yet. Disappointed tonight but let’s not slag the manager off for losing to a decent (not great, I admit) side. The progress is clear.

Sadly Uefa and their officials only want to make a deal of it, Respect campaigns, armbands, adverts etc etc, when it's coming from the stands and they can make a few bob off clubs. When it's on the pitch, they'll take nothing to do with it.

Gerrard should be totally open in his post match as to what Kamara has told him was said. Absolutely zero reason to keep this in house or try to protect those cunts.
Remember the Milan keeper (Dida, I think) was slapped by a fan at the scumdome and got a 2 game ban? Respect? My @r$£

I think I saw something tonight I haven't seeen for a while.

A squad of players wanting to defend each other with the wee snidey at Kamara at the end.

The only thing is I wasn't too happy with is Kamara greeting to the ref and that wee slight hand clap to one of their players at the end.

You've either been racially abused or you've not?

And I truly believe he was.

But you best believe this angle will be minimised by our scum press tomorrow.
Ridiculous comments to be honest

Noticed recently with Zungu that he has a good bit of battle in him, he’s imo not good enough for us but he seems to get stuck right in and fight for his teammates
Would certainly need to bring his price right down but having someone who knows how we play and what it takes to win a title in Scotland could be a useful signing, the £2m+ is far too expensive though and would need to be more than halved

Would certainly need to bring his price right down but having someone who knows how we play and what it takes to win a title in Scotland could be a useful signing, the £2m+ is far too expensive though and would need to be more than halved
French teams having a lot of issues with money and Amiens in the second division, maybe a chance we could get him on the cheap if we’re interested

Back