MOTM Poll Rangers v Slavia Praha - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport ONLY

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
That's the frustrating thing.

Leverkusen were far better.

None of our players turned up. Made it too easy for Slavia. They are no world beaters. Far from it.
Hallelujah someone who agrees, Slavia are very organised and the big centre half strolled it against morelos but this love in for them is a joke. They aren't a great side as others are saying, benfica, standard and galatasaraay are better sides, so frustrating,but red card killed it.

Last edited:
Well, can't really complain too much. I don't think it was the right team for tonight and I don't think Gerrard looked to try and change much to be honest. It was one of those games it just didn't look to be going our way from the kick-off.

Proud we made it this far and we're still a hell of a team.

Roofe deserved to be sent off but there wasn't any malice in it - he was just going for the ball.

Balogun was always going to get sent off. Poor management from Gerrard to leave him on.

Be interesting to hear what was said that sent Kamara over the edge. Although, with it being Euro football and it being Rangers it'll never see the light of day.

Onwards to the next game and look forward to the Champions League football next season.

One thing I do wish though. I do hope those diving gits Slavia Prague are absolutely decimated in the next round. One of the single biggest defeats in Europa League history would be good. I hope they also start going downhill rapidly in their own league and never see the light of Euro football for a while. A bunch of pricks - even if they are a decent team they're diving, moaning faced arseholes. Got away with masses of yellow cards tonight as well. F**k them!

Steven Gerrard made sure one of the black Slavia players knew exactly what was said, so I'll draw the obvious conclusion that it must be a racist remark. And the Gaffer made sure the Slavia boss knew too.
The player that Gerrard spoke to immediately spoke to his manager whilst covering his mouth. Interested to hear what was said but doubt it will be made public.

Beaten by the better team.

Need to upgrade a few positions to progress further than this level.

Midfield in particular isn’t good enough for beyond this stage.
Got to agree here.We have played really well and I’m very proud of them.But some of them are just not good enough at this level.Let’s take this out on the filth on Sunday run their faces in the dirt.

We need these games to realise where we need to upgrade and I'm sure that's what will happen.
I just hope we can pick ourselves up for Sunday. On that note, I'm glad the league is done and we're not going there with work to do.

Better team won,we need to improve simple as that but we'll done Rangers been a great season

Been a cracking euro run and the highlight of many a week and being honest it's been a godsend during the lockdown. Sad to go out to horrible shower of cnuts.
Gutter that our midweek fix will now be the Scottish Cup! But what a run, exceptional overachieving again. Can't wait to get that passport out in August for the qualifiers!

Voted Patterson as motm, he is about the only highlight over the 2 games for me.

Proud of the team overall this season in europe but we a good way of going to the next level.

I think I saw something tonight I haven't seeen for a while.

A squad of players wanting to defend each other with the wee snidey at Kamara at the end.

The only thing is I wasn't too happy with is Kamara greeting to the ref and that wee slight hand clap to one of their players at the end.

You've either been racially abused or you've not?

And I truly believe he was.

But you best believe this angle will be minimised by our scum press tomorrow.

I wonder if things would've been different with a full Ibrox. The lack of pressure on the referee made it easier for Slavia to be cynical. I also thought we were quite flat at times and not winning second balls.

They have been a dirty team, the fact it is all black players raging makes ot look pretty damning, he should be banned for a long time if its racism.

If not then the whole taking a knee thing looks ridiculous.

The difference between the 2 teams in terms of skill wasn't much. A fully fit and first choice Rangers makes that a far closer game. The difference between the 2 teams was organisation.

Midfield in both games was poor. In the first leg we got back into things the longer the game went. Generally we didnt do particularly well when the numbers were mismatched. Tonight it was their 5 against our 3. Our midfield just isnt quick enough or dynamic enough to cope with that mismatch, particularly with little help from wide forwards tracking back. Patterson needed help in both legs and didnt really get it. I can't blame him for not closing down the Prague player crossing the ball for their first because he doesnt know if anybody is covering the space in behind him.

Balogun or Helander? Helander wasn't fit so it was an easy decision for Gerrard. The manager got it wrong by not taking Balogun off. He was on a booking, was lucky not to give up a (soft) penalty and looked like picking up a 2nd booking at some point. Simpson on and we don't lose another player. The Roofe tackle wasn't intentional but it was reckless and clearly a danger to the Slavia keeper. He shouldn't have been going for that ball with his boot. Head? Make the Slavia keeper catch him and it's Kolar who's going off. Or let Kolar get the first touch under pressure and try and play for the 2nd ball. It's poor decision making by Roofe more than anything else and he was correctly sent off for it.

The comments that got Kamara and Goldson so angry? Eastern Europeans do have history for making racist comments. It has no place in society, never mind football, and particularly when the non-white players were amongst Prague's better players over the 2 legs. If it was a racist comment then at 2-0 down the Rangers team should have either walked off or sat on the turf and refused to play on. We were already going out - whats the worst that would have happened?

Over the course of the 2 legs? It's a shame that the incident with Kamara will be the main talking point. Rangers were beaten by the better organised team over 2 legs. Not a huge skill gap but absolutely a difference in pace, drive and organisation. If nothing else it gives Gerrard a very clear indication of where the squad needs to improve - both the starting 11 and the sub options.

We won't be going through and nor do we deserve to.
But if racist comments/ slurs have been made particularly in this climate.
The player should be hammered.

I do not believe that a club should be kicked out of a comp for something that is ultimately out of their control.
What you want does not count uefa are really big on cracking down on this.

I hope you don't me skipping in this. I am Czech, lived in Stirling for a couple of years and made an account here to see after the draw tp see what Rangers' fans think of Slavia.

I know Ondrej personally, he knows my Kenyan GF, he has been playing with African teammates for his whole pro career. Also, his English is too poor to make a racist remark.

What you might see as diving (even though I saw the worst diving from your Morelos) was the issue of continental players are not used to tough game practiced in Britain.

What I would like to ask is... there was a kung-fu kick against the Slavia goalkeeper (which made him out of out national team in the next week) and the biggest thing to talk is something somebody told to another one.

Anyway, see you in CHL 2021/22

Best wishes

Martin
I hope we f*ck your team in the CHL 2021.

Best Wishes
Chas

Back