Turnbull Blatantly Kicks Aberdeen Player Off The Ball... And Is Not Red Carded – Collum Decision Is Inexcusable

Did he not also miss a foul by mcgregor where he was the last man. Andy Walker mentioned it so it must have been bad
3 mhanks chased an Aberdeen player from the half way line - McGregor catches him at the edge of the box and puts his right arm around the back of his(Aberdeen player) kneck. Linesman ignores and Colulm 30 yards away plays on!!!!!!!!! Was like the Keystone cops chasing a baddie.

How the hell did he not get sent off for this?
Over to whoever the compliance officer is this week (no laughing at the back).

It was never a red card. We're now adopting the timmy mantra of looking for offence where none exists. Yellow, thats all. It wasn't reckless, violent or dangerous.
I don't see anybody looking to be offended.
It was a petulant kick from behind which grounded the Aberdeen player.
It can't be anything else other than a straight red.
Reckless,violent or dangerous ?......it dosen't need to be any of these.
I've seen reds given for fresh air swipes.

Last edited:
Easy decision for the referee, it's a straight red, as long as it's done by a wee guy from Columbia that wears a blue jersey, and not by some ned in green and grey.

Turnbull should be cited and banned, but he won't.

Collum should be "rested" after his "mistake", but he won't.

Between that and the mental calls in our match, does some one need to remind the referees the league is won or are they practising for next season?

Just to make referees aware that we need consistency!!!
BIG difference between a booking for a tackle like this,and a booking for blowing a "kiss" !!!!

Just to make referees aware that we need consistency!!!
BIG difference between a booking for a tackle like this,and a booking for blowing a "kiss" !!!!

The whole referee situation in Scotland needs a massive overhaul, the rules are in black and white yet they still don't uphold them.

Until referees are full time it will remain...

Oh that and the BLATENT CORRUPTION!

It was never a red card. We're now adopting the timmy mantra of looking for offence where none exists. Yellow, thats all. It wasn't reckless, violent or dangerous.
I haven’t even spoken to a Tim at work today who things that wasn’t a red

You are kidding. The game had stopped as the ref had whistled to give the foul. It was not an attempt to tackle as the ball had run on five yards. What’s the difference between a kick and a swipe on the ankle. Nothing. Remember Beckham’s little back heel flick that got him a red card. I was there the day Colin Stein got sent off and got a six week suspension for something no where near as violent as Turnbull’s swipe.

I don't see anybody looking to be offended.
It was a petulant kick from behind which grounded the Aberdeen player.
It can't be anything else other than a straight red.
Reckless,violent or dangerous ?......it dosen't need to be any of these.
I've seen reds given for fresh air swipes.
It does. Needs to be excessive force or brutality.

That being said, I’d say that’s excessive force so it’s a red.

Not really sure what the difference is between a tv replay and watching it at the time.

We have about 10 refs that could watch it again and again and say its not a red because its Celtic also its an end of season game which is when a ref might decide to give someone the benefit of the doubt. I know the guy doing our game wasnt thinking that way he was looking to send one of ours off for some press attention but sometimes refs will be lenient when games are not so important.

When Rangers called for VAR i thought it was a way to speak about all the bias without saying its cheating, lets help the refs, such a tough job, i thought it was a terrible statement.

Celtic have never said they dont want it i think Lennon suggested VAR would have resulted in the tims being much further ahead last year but the scary thing is refs want to use video replays. Plenty of top refs have been interviewed saying we need it in Scotland maniacs like Bobby want access to replays.

Now this might be to get the big calls correct(it will happen yes)or it might be to take the cheating to another level....i know what i expect from them it sure aint balance or integrity.
Because the get out of jail free card is “I didn’t see it”, and when that is clearly not going to work, the new excuse is “I saw it, but didn’t realise the extent of it”, as used against Alfie and used for Spudface last night.

Once replays are being viewed, any “strange” VAR calls make it a heck of a lot easier to allege officiating bias. Because right now, we can prove diddly.

By giving a yellow, he has obviously seen it, so he has to give a red for violent conduct. I bet the CO doesn’t even get to see this.

It does. Needs to be excessive force or brutality.

That being said, I’d say that’s excessive force so it’s a red.
Reds are not given solely for being reckless, violent or dangerous though.

As i said i've seen them given for little or no contact at all.

You are kidding. The game had stopped as the ref had whistled to give the foul. It was not an attempt to tackle as the ball had run on five yards. What’s the difference between a kick and a swipe on the ankle. Nothing. Remember Beckham’s little back heel flick that got him a red card. I was there the day Colin Stein got sent off and got a six week suspension for something no where near as violent as Turnbull’s swipe.
To be fair, Stein's retaliation was a fair old boot at Mulherron...albeit, after being assaulted 3 times going down the wing.
On the other hand, his suspension was nothing short of Kelly inspired criminality.

And as the mhanks would have to concede,they would not have equalised if he had been rightly sent off as the dynamics of the game would be different.
They have being throwing this at us all season when we have had retrospective reds:)

I am not sure it's a clear sending off by the current rules.

It should be - but, I am not sure it is.

Did Collum give a foul for the pull though?

If he did, then that would be a yellow then a yellow for the kick = red.

Also, if he had given the foul for the pull - this is then an "off the ball" incident and would be more likely to be a red.

Last edited:

I've seen some horrendous takes on here in my time but this is right up there.

He deliberately swiped a players legs away from him when the ref had already blew to stop play. Its as blatant a red card as you'll ever see.

celtic have got away with a lot this season from edouard right at the start of the season to ajeti's diving, dubia49 and now this. It's a farce.

I wonder what the minority who don't think it was a red would say if Morelos had done exactly the same thing and got sent off for it.

Sheer stupidity from Alfie.
He got what he deserved.
He's a liability blah.

Back