Kemar Roofe

Won't pin it on Roofe, just one of those games when too many of our normally consistent players didn't turn up. Hasn't happened much this year, least we have the league..... like Stuart McCall said, that was my only desire at the start of the year. Still disappointing though

I do agree with the OP though. And not just based on tonight.

Aye.

And I'm not someone who even necessarily thinks ill of Roofe. In fact I quite like him.

But quality wise he is absolutely nowhere near Morelos and if we sell the wee man we'd need someone else in.

Why when we are 3 on 2 near the end does he slow it down and take it into the corner? 2 games in a row his decision making as left a lot to be desired. He's not a young guy breaking into the team. He's a seasoned pro

Poor performance by all but after Tav getting the goal we should be seeing these games out. Couldn’t believe nobody picked up the keeper. Penalties as always are a lottery :mad::mad:

He’s the new FF whipping boy - he’s off the boil as are many of them now. He’ll bounce back, but he was hopeless tonight

He’s scored 14 in 32 been vital at certain points of the season also.
he has without doubt however we're getting exactly what some said we would, an injury prone player that when he does come back fit it takes him a few games to get running. Then he's injured. Repeat.

Morelos has went through stages where he couldn't hit a coo on the arse with a banjo, so your reasoning doesn't stand up. Roofe has been excellent and is defo off the boil, no doubt, but he has ability in spades and is a more than excellent player when on his game.

I do feel we overload the midfield in these type of games. Aribo could’ve played off the right with Hagi central and Kent left. A real opportunity missed.

Scored big goals, without ever playing spectacular IMO but he’s contributed hugely in Europe and us winning the league.

Wouldn’t be in my starting 11, and on current form wouldn’t be my first sub.

I’m not sure if he just doesn’t suit the way we play or what, but he really doesn’t look like creating a chance when he plays.

Although, just before they scored we broke down the left and Kent had a chance to play it across the box early - opted to chop back and passed it to one of them.

he has without doubt however we're getting exactly what some said we would, an injury prone player that when he does come back fit it takes him a few games to get running. Then he's injured. Repeat.
Nah we’re just getting the usual whipping boy pish I’m out off FF for the night

I think we have seen since he came back why we have him. If he was consistently what he shows at his best we would not be able to afford him, just need to know what personality is more prominent ?

Rangers defeat, let’s pick a name out the hat for the whipping boy... 1st up kemar roofe. He had a poor game like them all, get over it. He was never here to replace Morelos.

Probably one of the worst individual performances this season, he couldn't do anything right, him being tonight's whipping boy doesn't seem too unreasonable to me

His penalty run up was a proper riddy too, who does he think he is?

But I thought he had an outside chance of POTS until his injury so some of the comments in this thread about his season contribution are lunacy

If we could get the same money we paid for him in the summer from some championship team i'd bite their hand off, he's far too injury prone and then when he returns hes useless until he has 10 games under his belt to get up to speed
Yeah doesn't help he's been stop start since he arrived due to injuries and suspensions. If we are in for Sakala I can only see Roofe dropping down the list

I’m really starting to question him as the back up to Alfie now. What must big Itten be thinking getting constantly overlooked for a guy who hasn’t scored (apart from Cove) since 30/12/20!?

But when he scored against Motherwell when they parked the bus and when he scored against Standard Liege he was brilliant.

He's been injured, he's still trying to get his fitness back and also hasn't had a decent run in the team.

I'm not writing him off just because we're pissed off at being knocked out the Cup.

Had a few worldy moments and the rest has been stop and start. We had a clean break on in the last few minutes and he chose to slow it down and take it to the corner and then lost it. He looks to have lost all confidence since his injury.

I don't ever feel we are going to score goals when he is leading the line and at this point I am not sure what he is supposed to be offering us.

Had a few worldy moments and the rest has been stop and start. We had a clean break on in the last few minutes and he chose to slow it down and take it to the corner and then lost it. He looks to have lost all confidence since his injury.

I don't ever feel we are going to score goals when he is leading the line and at this point I am not sure what he is supposed to be offering us.
That was the right decision imo, vast majority of us were probably screaming at him to take it to the corner

There's no need for people to try and act like he wasn't in great form before his last injury to slag him off for his poor form now. Thing is during that run he was taking up brilliant positions and putting away chances if he got them, he's not doing that at the moment. Also you just knew with the form he's in and the run up he took he was never scoring that penalty.

Probably one of the worst individual performances this season, he couldn't do anything right, him being tonight's whipping boy doesn't seem too unreasonable to me

His penalty run up was a proper riddy too, who does he think he is?

But I thought he had an outside chance of POTS until his injury so some of the comments in this thread about his season contribution are lunacy
Not quite sure what he was trying to do, borderline showboating, you just knew he was gonna miss, just burst the fkn net. So frustrating.

That was the right decision imo, vast majority of us were probably screaming at him to take it to the corner

Not when you are on a 3 for 2 break ffs. Not as if he was having to do something special - just take the ball forward at pace and slide somebody in.

Back