Fashion Sakala in advanced Rangers signing talks

Status
Not open for further replies.
They finished 5th mate, only a couple of points behind 4th but again I agree with your point.

I can’t fathom how people can write off someone they’d never heard of till last week, it’s just ridiculous and especially when the signing was a free.
I'm a fud I was thinking of the team that Moffi guy was at. Which now that I bring it up is a pretty reasonable comparison, went from the Pro League to Ligue 1, scored 1 in 2 in France and is now being linked with teams like Dortmund. He cost a reasonable fee but still shows that banging them in in Belgium is nothing to scoff at.

Its bipolar fortnight in here. Either folk want us to rip up our formation to get this guy into a 442, or folk are claiming he is pish because his ex coach said he is a bit raw.

Everything about him fits into our profile.

The O Halloran hot take was absolutely fucking tragic.

Signings threads starting to carry the match day thread vibes.

In fairness its different fans with different opinions.

Hardly bipolar.

Its a discussion forum after all and it would be boring if we all agreed with each other.

Besides what any of us say of dont say about the man will make feck all difference to how he plays.

Happy to take him for free and on (I guess) not massive wages but we seem to be doing this a lot and have a very big squad already.
Can this guy get in the first X1? Probably not, is he a decent squad player?
Maybe, but do we not have enough of those?
Not really happy with these types of signings, we need to introduce TOP quality to the squad we have.
We need to improve.
Better Never Stops

Are you Tom or Phil Beahon? Any chance we could discuss the quality of the kits? Would be great to know why I have one less bit of print on my top after each fart I have.

I really don't know enough about him or the league he plays in. All I know is we beat the better teams in their league and to be fair they were not that great. I think Belgian football is starting to decline in terms of co-efficient.

However like every player he will get my full backing if he signs and I really hope he hits the ground running. Not many players get the chance to have a slow start here.

Is he an out and out striker?
Does he play on the wings?
Is he a target man, poacher, all rounder?

Going by his ex coach he is not intelligent enough to be a winner or all rounder unless he has developed massively since he left.

Let me tell you what will happen.

Fashion will be a sensation,and posters will come on with the “humble pie” threads.

It’s almost like I’ve been on FF for years.

It usually works the other way to be fair. Surprised everyone isn’t getting madly excited - like they did with Zungu.

Saka-la-la-la, we got him from Belgium
Saka-la-la-la, he bangs them in for fun
On the left, on the right, he makes the mentally challengeds look shite
We will sing every time for our boy from Zambia

I really don't know enough about him or the league he plays in. All I know is we beat the better teams in their league and to be fair they were not that great. I think Belgian football is starting to decline in terms of co-efficient.

However like every player he will get my full backing if he signs and I really hope he hits the ground running. Not many players get the chance to have a slow start here.

Going by his ex coach he is not intelligent enough to be a winner or all rounder unless he has developed massively since he left.
Take out us and them and not 1 Scottish team would beat a Belgian team in a 2 leg tie imo.

I don’t particularly agree that the Belgian league is miles better than ours, but we can’t afford to sign the best players from teams better than us.

Every team takes the better players from weaker sides, it’s how the football industry works and goes on at every level.

We would beat every team that we got our starting 11 from, barring Kent obviously so it makes sense signing these guys then developing them.

That coach was talking about his time with him which was a couple of years ago, the main thing that stood out for me was that he said Sakala is good at pressing.

That’s key for us because our press is rather lopsided due to Hagi’s lack of pace, particularly in Europe this would be beneficial.

If he comes and it doesn’t work out then we flip him for some cash, it’s a win/win.

I think if he does sign then he’ll do very well.

The transfers under SG have been largely remarkable but it's been deeper than that. If SG stays at the club any length of time he will make transfer mistakes but he understands how a big club works. Itten for example in terms of our budget wasn't cheap and the jury is out-at a fundamental level I don't particularly fancy him but the reality is even with his limited input-he has contributed to a successful season. People on here are now questioning Roofe for me a great player but obvious fitness concerns are a focal point but he made quite a sizeable contribution to the season.This is the crux of the matter. The bottom line-can you build a squad. The absolute opposite happened across the city where they invested more and haven't much success from the vast vast majority of their signings recently.

We've got a manager who will improve players-Itten has improved and if they are not capable of improving he'll chase them.

I don’t particularly agree that the Belgian league is miles better than ours, but we can’t afford to sign the best players from teams better than us.

Every team takes the better players from weaker sides, it’s how the football industry works and goes on at every level.

We would beat every team that we got our starting 11 from, barring Kent obviously so it makes sense signing these guys then developing them.

That coach was talking about his time with him which was a couple of years ago, the main thing that stood out for me was that he said Sakala is good at pressing.

That’s key for us because our press is rather lopsided due to Hagi’s lack of pace, particularly in Europe this would be beneficial.

If he comes and it doesn’t work out then we flip him for some cash, it’s a win/win.

I think if he does sign then he’ll do very well.

There are definitely more good teams in their league than ours, if anyone out with us and them met a Belgian side in Europe they'd probably get a pasting.

There are definitely more good teams in their league than ours, if anyone out with us and them met a Belgian side in Europe they'd probably get a pasting.
I’d agree on the first point, I’d back Hibs to give Oostende or Mechelen a game though but I do hold our league in higher regard than most :))

You can’t be serious but if you are, you should give up on football.
If you read my subsequent post you'd see that I conceded that I posted that without knowing that the article was written 2 years ago and that our scouting team has given me zero reason to doubt them

From the videos posted, he looks like an exciting prospect. Young, direct, fast, tearing it up against a Standard Liege team that we had a couple of tough games against.
He looks very quick, which should suit our high press and counter attacking style. I think we lack a bit of pace outside Kent and Wright.
I'm quite whelmed, but feel free to be underwhelmed, it's a free country mate.
We have next to no pace up the middle.

Happy to take him for free and on (I guess) not massive wages but we seem to be doing this a lot and have a very big squad already.
Can this guy get in the first X1? Probably not, is he a decent squad player?
Maybe, but do we not have enough of those?
Not really happy with these types of signings, we need to introduce TOP quality to the squad we have.
We need to improve.
Better Never Stops
I see Ronaldo's shirt is on a shoogly peg at Juve, we might need to give him a call.

The transfers under SG have been largely remarkable but it's been deeper than that. If SG stays at the club any length of time he will make transfer mistakes but he understands how a big club works. Itten for example in terms of our budget wasn't cheap and the jury is out-at a fundamental level I don't particularly fancy him but the reality is even with his limited input-he has contributed to a successful season. People on here are now questioning Roofe for me a great player but obvious fitness concerns are a focal point but he made quite a sizeable contribution to the season.This is the crux of the matter. The bottom line-can you build a squad. The absolute opposite happened across the city where they invested more and haven't much success from the vast vast majority of their signings recently.

We've got a manager who will improve players-Itten has improved and if they are not capable of improving he'll chase them.
SG has already had a few shockers, Grezda, Lafferty, Flanagan, Edmundson, Jones, Stewart, Hastie, Barker.

Loans have been poor, Worrall, Sadiq, Ejaria, Ojo, Coulibaly, King, Zungu.

Our recruitment needs to get better, I’m sure with Ross Wilson that will happen albeit the signings of Zungu and Simpson were strange recently. Not to discredit the good work already done, we’ve made some very astute signings too.

Encouraged by the likes of Sakala and Veerms albeit think the latter is out of reach given the fees banded about in Holland.

Last edited:
SG has already had a few shockers, Grezda, Lafferty, Flanagan, Edmundson, Jones, Stewart, Hastie, Barker.

Our recruitment needs to get better, I’m sure with Ross Wilson that will happen albeit the signings of Zungu and Simpson were strange recently. Not to discredit the good work already done, we’ve made some very astute signings too.

Encouraged by the likes of Sakala and Veerms albeit think the latter is out of reach given the fees banded about in Holland.

What exactly is ‘strange’ about signing Simpson?

Our recruitment needs to get better, I’m sure with Ross Wilson that will happen albeit the signings of Zungu and Simpson were strange recently. Not to discredit the good work already done, we’ve made some very astute signings also.

Wasn't it Mark Allen who signed those players? Gerrard clearly wasn't keen on some of them, like Lafferty, Sadiq etc..

Recruitment has improved massively since Ross Wilson came in, our support need to put a bit trust into the recruitment after the season we've had.

I think it's complete madness to write someone off because their YouTube vid or Wikipedia page doesn't look good.

I really need to know how whelmed I should be. Is he really good? What do they think of him at his current club ?
My brother lives in Belgium, has a decent knowledge of the teams over there. His opinion is that the lad is very quick and powerful but not great technically.

You’ve highlighted a few Mark Allen signings, and even then it requires a few windows to get where you want to be.

It’s impossible to go from finishing 3rd in the SPL to winning it in a year, considering where we were in our come back.

Especially considering the huge turnover in players he had, in what was his first couple of windows as a manager.

Edmundson, Jones and Barker will bring us in some profit should they leave. Hastie was a justified punt at the time.

The only signing I’d say that’s been a total disaster was Grezda.

I’d actually say overall the recruitment has been excellent, Alfie, jacko and Tav are the only players that survive from when he took over.

That shows the rebuilding job he had at hand, whilst being financially weaker than our rivals, like you say though our recruitment is getting a lot better.

Last edited:
Get him signed - HOOHAA. I’m sure our management team and Ross Wilson know what they’re looking for.

You’ve highlighted a few Mark Allen signings, and even then it requires a few windows to get where you want to be.

It’s impossible to go from finishing 3rd in the SPL to winning it in a year, considering where we were in our come back.

Edmundson, Jones and Barker will bring us in some profit should they leave. Hastie was a justified punt at the time.

The only signing I’d say that’s been a total disaster was Grezda.
Agree it was always going to take a few windows but the reply was in relation to the comment of SG signings have been largely remarkable within the transfer market.

Merely pointing out they haven’t been, not saying he’s been shite in the market far from it. Just a bit of perspective.

Agree it was always going to take a few windows but the reply was in relation to the comment of SG signings have been largely remarkable within the transfer market.

Merely pointing out they haven’t been, not saying he’s been shite in the market far from it. Just a bit of perspective.
Yeah which is fair enough, I do agree our recruitment has been even better the past couple of windows.

He’s earned our trust in this department, so here’s to another good summer :)

My brother lives in Belgium, has a decent knowledge of the teams over there. His opinion is that the lad is very quick and powerful but not great technically.
Thats where our coaching set up comes in though if the pace and power are there and signs of a bit of ability that cab be worked on then that's the type of player we should target.

We can't afford finished articles from even Belgium, Holland etc.

Hagi is probably a good example.

Fit in like a glove over here then. Very few players are technically good in Scotland - Davis, Aribo, Kamara + Hagi to name a few. Only one I can think of outside us if Eggy ( he’s not that great either).

Its bipolar fortnight in here. Either folk want us to rip up our formation to get this guy into a 442, or folk are claiming he is pish because his ex coach said he is a bit raw.

Everything about him fits into our profile.

The O Halloran hot take was absolutely fucking tragic.

Signings threads starting to carry the match day thread vibes.
Aguy theyve never seen as well.

I’ve got the views of a Belgian scout/analyst and a fan from over there. Here’s their view:

Fast, tricky, unpredictable, with explosive acceleration and this season has shown that he can score goals.
One of my favorite players in the league.

Amazing transfer for you guys tbh. I believe he can play in a bigger league than the Scottish Premiership.

By the way, Fashion has a beautiful story. There are many articles to find about the beginning of his life in Zambia and the Spartak Moscow reserves. Really worth a Google.

I'm a fud I was thinking of the team that Moffi guy was at. Which now that I bring it up is a pretty reasonable comparison, went from the Pro League to Ligue 1, scored 1 in 2 in France and is now being linked with teams like Dortmund. He cost a reasonable fee but still shows that banging them in in Belgium is nothing to scoff at.
Victor Osimhen did nothing at Wolfsburg then scored 20 in a season at Charleroi, followed by 18 the next year at Lille, and is now at Napoli. There's plenty of good players coming out of Belgium on a regular basis.

Grezda was a woeful buy.
Lafferty on paper for the fee made sense but didn't work out, would hardly say it was a shocker.
Flanagan put in a fair solid shifts his first season at LB and helped us get to the group stages.
Edmundson has looked pretty shakey I'll agree.
JJ, Stewart, Hastie and Barker all cost next to nothing and were punts purely on their form in the league, not too dissimilar to Wright. Wright has clearly stepped up a level while they didn't. Hardly shocking signings.
Worrall was 50/50, had some howlers but was our best player the 2nd half of that season.
Ejaria is and was a great player, can hardly blame Gerrard for him being unsettled.
Can't really argue with Ojo, Coulibaly and Zungu. King was never going to be getting regular gametime.

For a young manager overhauling a team, his transfer record is hardly shite, especially when most of the failed signings have cost almost nothing. I'd say the majority of his signings have actually been a success which is a great record.

Let me tell you what will happen.

Fashion will be a sensation,and posters will come on with the “humble pie” threads.

It’s almost like I’ve been on FF for years.
That's year 2 after year 1 it will be he doesn't have the heart and the Jersey is too big for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back