Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Italiabhoy
26 min. ago#209
After a few hours, my thoughts, for what they're worth.

* The game was a carbon copy of many this season. We started well, but as soon as we are attacked, you can see the confidence drain from the players. Teams really do not need to work hard to score against us, whereas we seem to need 10 chances to convert one. Goals 2, 3, and 4 were laughable in how we defended them, almost like Sunday league stuff. This speaks to mentality as much as to talent.

* Having said that, pathetic though we were, the ref effectively decided it. Never in my life have I seen a player sent off for his first 2 fouls in a game. Never. Walsh saw an opportunity to put down a marker: he showed he can be trusted by the Brotherhood to ref more of these games. Welcome to the Lodge.

* Kennedy: for much of this season he has stood by Lennon's side, looking uninterested and bored. He had a unique opportunity with these games to show he is a pogressive, promising coach. The pressure was off and he could have promoted youth, experimented with better formations, brought some organisation to the defence.. instead, he plays Brown and we look, if anything, even worse than under Lennon. Kennedy should be nowhere near the club moving forward. If he is it will confirm the "jobs for the boys" culture - which has done so much damge - still exists.

* The rebuild is truly monstrous, and whilst you can usually rely on a decent manager to get a tune out of a couple of underperforming players (as MON, BR, and Deila did), our new manager is going to need to rebuild from scratch. We could be looking at 10-15 players leaving and at least that, if not more, coming in. The logistics and economics of this are daunting, and I really do question whether next season is already pretty much a write-off. Certainly, it is difficult to see us cobbling together a team to qualify for the CL, even EL may be beyond us.

* Which emphasises the nature of the rebuild: every aspect of the sporting side of the business needs to be reconstructed. Our scouting, recruitment, coaching, fitness/science and analytics, are all clearly not fit for purpose. We also need to understand why this is the case, as well as what specifically went wrong this season because this has been no ordinary slump. Dom McKay needs to clear out all the toxic elements of the old regime and make sure they have no input into any aspect of Celtic FC in the future. We also need a voluable Statement soon that this process is underway, because fans will simply not renew in the current circumstances.

* Finally, it is quite poignant to see United fans protesting tonight. Usually, I cannot stand them, but their protest emphasises the powerlessness fans feel when clubs are run by aloof, faceless billionaires. More power to them, I say.

* Finally, finally, the one redeeming feature of this terrible seaosn is that we will soon be in the stadium again, and Celtic FC will be whole again’

BScyFmjIAAA1aqq.jpg

The delusion in the rest of his points is also incredible.

Rodgers hasn’t turned them into a champions league club, they’ve not finished in the top 4 under him. Even this season they’re not convincing anyone they’ll still be top 4 at the end.
But yeah Howe isn’t even as good as that, so happy days! :))
Rodgers is undoubtedly a very good manager though. Look at the difference in performance, fitness in that team. Yes Rangers have improved dramatically and are now a fine side with very good, some great, players but lots of that is down to the fact Gerrard is clearly a far superior manager and motivator than Lennon.

Rodgers is undoubtedly a very good manager though. Look at the difference in performance, fitness in that team. Yes Rangers have improved dramatically and are now a fine side with very good, some great, players but lots of that is down to the fact Gerrard is clearly a far superior manager and motivator than Lennon.
Rodgers is good enough to coach at any of Europe's top clubs, IMO SG is heading in the same direction.

Haven’t watched this, but I’m certain it’ll be comedy gold...

just randomly jumped in for a giggle, at one point he is just sitting there in complete silence, at another point he is eating a pie and looks stunned.
a couple of random quotes he spouted, "here he comes, Jermain Defoe,72 years old"...." not even red cards will stop the Eddie Howe revolution "....

H
just randomly jumped in for a giggle, at one point he is just sitting there in complete silence, at another point he is eating a pie and looks stunned.
a couple of random quotes he spouted, "here he comes, Jermain Defoe,72 years old"...." not even red cards will stop the Eddie Howe revolution "....
Honestly get my kill at this guy. Fair play to him. No easy to be brought up in East Lothian then sit and put on an Eamonn Holmes accent for 2 hours.

I might be wrong mate but I’m sure something ridiculous was said (fancy that) and it got them into bother with some of the other Celtic podcasts and they got ran off.
Just after the Kamara/Slavia incident one of the hosts called us/Rangers “monkeys”. It wasn’t racist in nature, just referring to rivals as “monkeys” in general, and wasn’t said in relation to Kamara incident but it was incredibly ill-timed and they got cancelled

‘Ugh, I’ve came back at 55 minutes. Sometimes I honestly tink God is trolling me’

:D

ACSOM was fair mostly however there’s a few of their contributors who are absolute moon howlers who make it all worthwhile listening. The boy Lawrence for one. Then you have the boy basically saying Celtic are the only team in the world let alone this city affected by COVID
Natasha Meikle is also a moon howler and a bitter cow.

Italiabhoy
26 min. ago#209
After a few hours, my thoughts, for what they're worth.

* The game was a carbon copy of many this season. We started well, but as soon as we are attacked, you can see the confidence drain from the players. Teams really do not need to work hard to score against us, whereas we seem to need 10 chances to convert one. Goals 2, 3, and 4 were laughable in how we defended them, almost like Sunday league stuff. This speaks to mentality as much as to talent.

* Having said that, pathetic though we were, the ref effectively decided it. Never in my life have I seen a player sent off for his first 2 fouls in a game. Never. Walsh saw an opportunity to put down a marker: he showed he can be trusted by the Brotherhood to ref more of these games. Welcome to the Lodge.

* Kennedy: for much of this season he has stood by Lennon's side, looking uninterested and bored. He had a unique opportunity with these games to show he is a pogressive, promising coach. The pressure was off and he could have promoted youth, experimented with better formations, brought some organisation to the defence.. instead, he plays Brown and we look, if anything, even worse than under Lennon. Kennedy should be nowhere near the club moving forward. If he is it will confirm the "jobs for the boys" culture - which has done so much damge - still exists.

* The rebuild is truly monstrous, and whilst you can usually rely on a decent manager to get a tune out of a couple of underperforming players (as MON, BR, and Deila did), our new manager is going to need to rebuild from scratch. We could be looking at 10-15 players leaving and at least that, if not more, coming in. The logistics and economics of this are daunting, and I really do question whether next season is already pretty much a write-off. Certainly, it is difficult to see us cobbling together a team to qualify for the CL, even EL may be beyond us.

* Which emphasises the nature of the rebuild: every aspect of the sporting side of the business needs to be reconstructed. Our scouting, recruitment, coaching, fitness/science and analytics, are all clearly not fit for purpose. We also need to understand why this is the case, as well as what specifically went wrong this season because this has been no ordinary slump. Dom McKay needs to clear out all the toxic elements of the old regime and make sure they have no input into any aspect of Celtic FC in the future. We also need a voluable Statement soon that this process is underway, because fans will simply not renew in the current circumstances.

* Finally, it is quite poignant to see United fans protesting tonight. Usually, I cannot stand them, but their protest emphasises the powerlessness fans feel when clubs are run by aloof, faceless billionaires. More power to them, I say.

* Finally, finally, the one redeeming feature of this terrible seaosn is that we will soon be in the stadium again, and Celtic FC will be whole again’

BScyFmjIAAA1aqq.jpg

The delusion in the rest of his points is also incredible.

The paragraph about the “nature of the rebuild” is telling. It shows exactly how supine and complacent Celtic have been in the 9 previous years. Instead of building for the future, they did feck all as they thought we were deid, and now the whole club has collapsed. Most enjoyable, in fact.

Just after the Kamara/Slavia incident one of the hosts called us/Rangers “monkeys”. It wasn’t racist in nature, just referring to rivals as “monkeys” in general, and wasn’t said in relation to Kamara incident but it was incredibly ill-timed and they got cancelled
Cheers mate I knew there was something I just couldn’t remember what it was

I've listened to ACSOM a couple of times. Sensible input, call us Rangers, realise they're miles behind us.
They do on the show but behind the scenes the blonde girl who is usually on is full on sevco.

They are a lot more realistic than the Kerrydale nutters though.

Rodgers hasn’t turned them into a champions league club, they’ve not finished in the top 4 under him. Even this season they’re not convincing anyone they’ll still be top 4 at the end.
But yeah Howe isn’t even as good as that, so happy days! :))

They will finish top 4 this season. I wouldn't put rodgers in the top bracket of managers, but tbh I'd put him in the second tier and he could reach the top. They won't get a manager like him again.

Of course you haven't ya trumpet. You're a yahoo and your players, especially your ex captain are usually a protected series.

There was only one preposterous yellow card today and that was handed to a Rangers player. There was also at least four cardable tackles by Celtic players that went without punishment.

It was the same with the fud Chris on Snyde, and the narrative for today is slowly being set.

McGregor was only correctly carded because the ref had set his stall out by unfairly cautioning a Rangers player first.

They truly are mentally unhinged.

They are totally broken. Sounds like this rhat might have killed his wains and buried them under the garden shed as an alternative to watching the game.

Dislike

RustyMG

16 min. ago#174
Didn't watch the game.
I was out in the garden putting dead mice into the bin.
let that sink in for a minute.
Id rather pick up dead f'king mice from under the garden shed than watch a once glorious team play.

I was swithering whether to watch or not, then decided not to when I seen Brown was playing.
Heard he was nutmegged too ? Sums up the season if so.

If someone last May said to me Id be out picking up dead rodents when Celtic were playing Newco, Id have laughed at them till I pissed myself.
How many dead mice does he have ffs?

surely this is a 5 minute job? Not 90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back