Your Tactical Voting Guide

Because your mind was made up anyway. It’s obvious any time you post you’re dancing around saying you’re a nat.
Definitely not a nat - despite your repeated claims otherwise. Of the four options on the constituency ballot, they would be bottom of the four.

Remind us all again what the Conservative and Unionist party did for the union in Northern Ireland?

It's fine if you want to vote Tory but none of us who actually care about the union owe them a damn thing and that includes a vote.
I would prefer to remind you of what the SNP will do to Scotland if they prevail - they would definitely break up the United Kingdom which would make NI look like a walk in the park with a hard Scottish border imposed between England and NI being a serious threat - which could then lead to the unification of Northern Ireland with the south of Ireland by the friends of the SNP over in Northern Ireland, whose sole aim is the destruction of the United Kingdom and our British way of life - time to look at the bigger picture instead of rolling the dice and hoping for an outcome other than that you may have unwittingly created

I’m Edinburgh West. Currently Lib Dem and likely to remain so. Other than SNP the closest is Conservative, so Lib Dem constituency and Conservative regional! It’s easier when the incumbent is not SNP!
Ed West is a good example of tactical voting being successful. Cole-Hamilton keeping the Separatists at bay.
Local Conservatives and Labour voters giving Lib Dems their vote.

Buggered off to Her Royal Majesty’s outer colony of Canada, mate.
You lucky lucky lucky lucky so n so.

Due to sacrificing my best years looking after an ill parent a few years ago and losing the love of my life shortly after, I have struggled to realize a long held dream of such a move.
America, Australia or Canada are my choices.

Still in my mid 30s so hope for me yet, but quickly becoming a pipe dream.

But hey!

I got two horse heeds and a big stupit water wheel on ma doorstep!

Hope you're living it up my man, enjoy.

Annnnnnyyyways, back to the point...

%^*& the SNP

I would prefer to remind you of what the SNP will do to Scotland if they prevail - they would definitely break up the United Kingdom which would make NI look like a walk in the park with a hard Scottish border imposed between England and NI being a serious threat - which could then lead to the unification of Northern Ireland with the south of Ireland by the friends of the SNP over in Northern Ireland, whose sole aim is the destruction of the United Kingdom and our British way of life - time to look at the bigger picture instead of rolling the dice and hoping for an outcome other than that you may have unwittingly created
My perspective is as follows:

1) 10 years of Tories has allowed for nat propaganda to cut through; they've been the same insurgent party since day one, they're doing nothing different so why has their support risen?

2) Tories have demonstrated they care not for the union, proven via the Brexit deal, austerity and prorogation. Their policies have damaged the fabric of our society.

3) at this point a vote for the Conservatives says "I don't mind the damage they've actually done because of the damage the SNP probably will do". It's a vote that allows them to keep doing what they've already done.

4) only a vote for Labour/Lib Dems truly supports the union.

I sympathise with anyone who has the binary Con/Nat tactical choice. I genuinely don't know what I'd do, probably still vote Labour but I wont personally criticise anyone who votes for the lesser of 2 anti-union evils.

unfortunately I feel all the tactical voting will fall down because people can't see SNP are the enemy of everyone who supports the Union

"I've voted Labour all my life, my dad voted them" etc. It's not as if people are going to know who you voted for, just vote to keep the SNP out and vote for the one who has the most chance in your constituency. I generally have no allegiance to any party because I think most of them are in for themselves but Tory is the tactical choice so that is who I will pick
Good man but I feel you will be in a minority among Labour voters as they seem ever more desperate to hang on to their moral superiority.

What I can’t understand is how people can live in the country being as well off as we are in Britain and think it would be a good idea to throw it away when we have no idea how we’d be after. I can’t see how we’d possibly be better off than now, so the hope is we’d be just the same. It’s mind boggling that people would want the immediate uncertainty and possibly make their families futures much worse.

What I can’t understand is how people can live in the country being as well off as we are in Britain and think it would be a good idea to throw it away when we have no idea how we’d be after. I can’t see how we’d possibly be better off than now, so the hope is we’d be just the same. It’s mind boggling that people would want the immediate uncertainty and possibly make their families futures much worse.

Generally people living in modern western liberal democracies don’t realise that society is a very thin veneer and that reality can’t be so much worse than anything we have experienced. Their frame of reference for economic disaster goes no further than what happened during the 2008 crisis, which, as bad as it was, still happened without the collapse of entire financial systems and the collapse of our public services.

What these folk don’t realise is you could legitimately see mass unemployment, hyper inflation, loss of pensions, huge devaluation of currency, annihilation of public services and a massive drop in quality of life. They think, broadly, that society would function much the same and we would continue on without much problems however we would be able to say “yass we have a border with England” or “class we can be back in the EU now” but again, ask people to describe why those things are actually good and you will either receive no answer or at a push will receive a load of vague tripe about why it’s morally good.

We've got absolutely no chance in Springburn. But will be delighted to be proved wrong.
Ach you never know. Every vote counts as they say.

Labour in constituency vote and one of Labour or Tory in the regional vote.

At least you know your 2nd vote is very important.

Generally people living in modern western liberal democracies don’t realise that society is a very thin veneer and that reality can’t be so much worse than anything we have experienced. Their frame of reference for economic disaster goes no further than what happened during the 2008 crisis, which, as bad as it was, still happened without the collapse of entire financial systems and the collapse of our public services.

What these folk don’t realise is you could legitimately see mass unemployment, hyper inflation, loss of pensions, huge devaluation of currency, annihilation of public services and a massive drop in quality of life. They think, broadly, that society would function much the same and we would continue on without much problems however we would be able to say “yass we have a border with England” or “class we can be back in the EU now” but again, ask people to describe why those things are actually good and you will either receive no answer or at a push will receive a load of vague tripe about why it’s morally good.
“Hope over fear” a slogan to belittle people with genuine concerns. That slogan is utterly meaningless if the country collapsed as you describe. I think we’d end up in some sort of union again after everything collapsed and we suffered enough and the SNP politicians were strung up by their own supporters. Probably with more resentment because we’d be in no position to bargain and the cost of rebuilding our systems to pay for before things start picking up again.

Yet again different guides are saying different things.

Take Renfrewshire North and West for example. That article in the OP says vote Conservative.

The Scotland in Union Website says vote Labour.

Exact same issue as last time. Conflicting messages and all the confusion ends up with the SNP stronghold continuing. A fucking shambles.

My only worry is the guy who is in charge of the Conservatives for Scotland is a complete donut. so I think it will be a labour vote for me

You lucky lucky lucky lucky so n so.

Due to sacrificing my best years looking after an ill parent a few years ago and losing the love of my life shortly after, I have struggled to realize a long held dream of such a move.
America, Australia or Canada are my choices.

Still in my mid 30s so hope for me yet, but quickly becoming a pipe dream.

But hey!

I got two horse heeds and a big stupit water wheel on ma doorstep!

Hope you're living it up my man, enjoy.

Annnnnnyyyways, back to the point...

%^*& the SNP
Sounds like you've gone through the wringer, hope things brighten up for you in the near future.

It's no land of milk and honey here, but what it is, is calm and stable.

No political or religious nutters

In Scottish or American terms, perhaps I should take that back, it IS the land of milk and honey..

Nothing wrong with wanting Labour to do well my good man.

Nothing wrong with that at all and I hope they do.

However, I've been out since 6am this morning knocking my pan in to help keep Eastwood Tory and keep the SNP scum out, yet you want the Tory vote to drop?

You couldn't fuuckin spell Union.

Oh and you'll be disappointed because the Tory vote will hold up very well, as the polls are showing.

Nothing wrong with that at all and I hope they do.

However, I've been out since 6am this morning knocking my pan in to help keep Eastwood Tory and keep the SNP scum out, yet you want the Tory vote to drop?

You couldn't fuuckin spell Union.

Oh and you'll be disappointed because the Tory vote will hold up very well, as the polls are showing.
If only you were as frustrated at the Tories mismanaging of the country for the last ten years as you are with my reply.

Union.

Yet again different guides are saying different things.

Take Renfrewshire North and West for example. That article in the OP says vote Conservative.

The Scotland in Union Website says vote Labour.

Exact same issue as last time. Conflicting messages and all the confusion ends up with the SNP stronghold continuing. A fucking shambles.

Argyll and Bute the same. Scotland In Union says Conservative. Daily Mail article in OP says Lib Dem’s.

Cunningham South - SIU say Conservative. Daily Mail says Labour.

Whole thing is fucked and the SNP are pissing themselves laughing again.

Argyll and Bute another. Scotland In Union says Conservative. Daily Mail article in OP says Lib Dem’s.

Cunningham South - SIU say Conservative. Daily Mail says Labour.

Whole thing is fucked and the SNP are pissing themselves laughing again.
A&B has same boundaries for UK govt as it does for Scotland govt.

Going by most recent election in 2019 it is Conservative all day long.

Daily Mail have made the mistake of looking at 2016 results for Scotland but the landscape has massively changed in those three years.
FAF84506-3288-4-E4-B-B27-C-F0-AF661-F5336.png

Daily Mail have made the mistake of looking at 2016 results for Scotland but the landscape has massively changed in those three years.

This is the point I’m making. One provider should make themselves the actual official provider/account for this. Again it’s a total clusterfuck with false information given out by so many independent organisations. It’s a farce.

Linlithgow (which includes Bathgate, Armadale, Whitburn, Greenrigg, Seafield, Blackburn).

Labour (as per Daily Mail direction) - bit of candidate into (always helps). The candidate is also a current sitting councillor who knocks her pan in for Blackburn, Whitburn and Seafield doing easily a 50 hour week whilst most other councillors do the thick end of not much.

She's also the missus, and Fiona Hyslop forking hates her - largely because she sticks it to Hyslop at every single turn.

If only you were as frustrated at the Tories mismanaging of the country for the last ten years as you are with my reply.

Union.
Aye, like a furlough system that's ensuring working people still have a decent standard of living throughout this pandemic and more people vaccinated in the UK than just about the whole of the rest of Europe put together.

Shite eh?

However, this is a tactical voting thread, so let's not derail it.

That’s not correct mate.
U.K. government elections A&B includes Helensburgh and Cardross, quite a heavy Conservative voting part of the world.
In the Scottish elections, Helensburgh and Cardross are part of Dumbarton constituency- the tactical voting from Tory to Labour helps Jackie Baillie keep her seat but changes the voting in A&B.

I’ve had a go at the people that seem to run that Club, their argument is bigging up Thomas Kerr as a candidate, I think the concept of tactical voting is beyond some of them.

Don’t understand what they think they’re achieving? The Tories were 45% behind the nats on only 12% in 2016. This is John Masons constituency, an utter buffoon and people are just gonny let him get re elected with this pish.

That’s not correct mate.
U.K. government elections A&B includes Helensburgh and Cardross, quite a heavy Conservative voting part of the world.
In the Scottish elections, Helensburgh and Cardross are part of Dumbarton constituency- the tactical voting from Tory to Labour helps Jackie Baillie keep her seat but changes the voting in A&B.
Fair enough.

It is quite hard to keep track of switching from UK to Scottish constituencies.

Don’t understand what they think they’re achieving? The Tories were 45% behind the nats on only 12% in 2016. This is John Masons constituency, an utter buffoon and people are just gonny let him get re elected with this pish.
Madness mate, can’t get my head around it.

Fair enough.

It is quite hard to keep track of switching from UK to Scottish constituencies.

To be fair mate I’m not sure Lib Dem HQ has either. They’ve been carpet bombing Cardross and Helensburgh with leaflets with precisely zero chance of winning the constituency.

Back