Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told yesterday that McKay was left to sort negotiating the back room staff as Desmond was dealing with Howe and it was pretty much done. McKay was trying to be the Billy big baws and get the back room team as cheap as possible and was difficult to deal with so a few of the back room team just fcked it in the bin which meant Howe also decided to bin it. Probably as pish as all the other rumours floating about.

I just groan every time a post has “keep the foot on the throat” on something similar. Meaningless phrase that appears on every page of every thread of this forum in 2021
How would you phrase it? We have to keep the pressure on them this year. As I said if we win the league next year we've got CL money guaranteed. That ratchets up the pressure on them. Also decreases their income which they desperately need. All this nonsense with their manager, dof, signings, etc. is already starting to tell. I mean there's not much we can do to keep them down aside from keep winning but that's all we have to do. We'll just keep a leaf blower aimed at them so they can't rebuild their house of cards.

I was told yesterday that McKay was left to sort negotiating the back room staff as Desmond was dealing with Howe and it was pretty much done. McKay was trying to be the Billy big baws and get the back room team as cheap as possible and was difficult to deal with so a few of the back room team just fcked it in the bin which meant Howe also decided to bin it. Probably as pish as all the other rumours floating about.
Most likely mate but would be utterly hilarious if true.

The manager thread on KDS is absolute bedlam just now, they know Postecoglu is going to be a binfire of an appointment.

They’ll never admit this to us but they all know it and that’s why it makes them so angry. They were supposed to be better than us now but they’re not. They only won what they won because we weren’t there and as soon as we resembled what we used to be, we took it back off them again. That’s the reason for the big meltdown and the reason they see this as the biggest rebuild in their history. They should’ve done it while we weren’t there but were happy with the wee trinkets as long as their board said stuff about Rangers now and again.

Most likely mate but would be utterly hilarious if true.

The manager thread on KDS is absolute bedlam just now, they know Postecoglu is going to be a binfire of an appointment.
It’s hilarious watching the few try to convince the rest he’ll be great. One of the main posters, bardsey was ripping the piss out of anybody who questioned whether Howe was actually going to be there. Laughing at others etc. Now he’s on board the Ange train trying to convince others and trying to talk down the fact they look like a city group biatch. Which they clearly are.

It’s hilarious watching the few try to convince the rest he’ll be great. One of the main posters, bardsey was ripping the piss out of anybody who questioned whether Howe was actually going to be there. Laughing at others etc. Now he’s on board the Ange train trying to convince others and trying to talk down the fact they look like a city group biatch. Which they clearly are.

Bardseys an utter c*nt.

It wouldn’t surprise me if money was the reason Howe’s back room staff knocked them back.

That is a load of shit. TLB spent £35m in the last 3 windows, not including any loan fees for Elyounoussi, Laxalt, Kenny and Forster.

They wasted a huge part of their CSA insurance fund to support TLB and ultimately finish 25 points behind.

This is such a disappointing post mate. Only because you forgot to mention our 55 hero, big Duffy in your list of expensive loans. B-D

They’ll never admit this to us but they all know it and that’s why it makes them so angry. They were supposed to be better than us now but they’re not. They only won what they won because we weren’t there and as soon as we resembled what we used to be, we took it back off them again. That’s the reason for the big meltdown and the reason they see this as the biggest rebuild in their history. They should’ve done it while we weren’t there but were happy with the wee trinkets as long as their board said stuff about Rangers now and again.

The laser lights expenditure just epitomised their arrogance, hubris and smugness over this period.
They will find shortly that they could do with that money now, instead of splashing out on egotistical vanity projects.

It wouldn’t surprise me if money was the reason Howe’s back room staff knocked them back.
I agree. They’d be on a decent salary down there, I doubt the tims will want to match it when they have lennedy and Strachan. There was a rumour Howe was told his back room team would be paid from his player budget. I think that will be true.

The laser lights expenditure just epitomised their arrogance, hubris and smugness over this period.
They will find shortly that they could do with that money now, instead of splashing out on egotistical vanity projects.
Part of me thinks Liewell blew the kitty knowing he was retiring. A bad start for the new guy makes Liewell look all the better. Maybe a lot of what’s going on now is part of that too.

Part of me thinks Liewell blew the kitty knowing he was retiring. A bad start for the new guy makes Liewell look all the better. Maybe a lot of what’s going on now is part of that too.
Some of them think he's trying to take over. :))

"What we might be seeing here is a coup d’etat by Lawwell using his place-men on the board to secure his preferred candidate, big Ange.
Normally I would have thought that if Dermot wanted candidate A then it was a done deal because I thought that the veggies on the board would not want to go against the Irish Raj. However I am now inclined to believe that over the years Lawwell has built up a significant power base of his own. Guys like Allison and him have a long association going back to the days of the Clyde-port authority. Bankier is a nobody that Dermot wouldn’t have recognised before PL suggested him. Others like the Chris MacKay owe their place to PL not DD.
Howe was definitely Dermot’s preferred candidate but burned him badly. This vacuum has allowed Peter to forge ahead. Ange was a name that came from someone inside the MCG, at first I thought it was Harkin but it looks now as if he told Peter to do one after being messed around along with Maresca. That leaves Lawwell junior as main suspect. The CQN article is sadly both predictable and pathetic in equal measure from all involved.
Why Lawwell is going to such lengths is still a mystery. Perhaps he afraid that if if he leaves the scene not only would he lose the money, power and prestige that he currently enjoys but that there might be some awkward questions to answer over things that have gone wrong under his watch like the 5 way agreement!
As Du Wei used to say in the dressing room “ may you live in interesting times!”

Gerrard should come out and say big John Kennedy is a great manager and would do a good job at the poets. “They’re a fairly big club and have a had success, I think John showed he can manage at that level and he’d steady the ship. He only had a few games and you could see the improvement. From my perspective I’d be pleased if they replaced big JK”

AF042-B69-6164-4-FD3-B4-C9-7-FF3-A1-C1-B0-D2.jpg

Every day they just keep finding new things to seethe about.

B-DB-DB-D
Somebody is definitely taking the piss out of them haha. Its hilarious.

I can not believe one of that lot wrote that lol

They’re starting to realise the shitshow they’re in now.
they didn’t even see this coming, most of us saw it and most of us knew what was Gona happen from November onwards. I never thought to this extent they would utterly implode and collapse at the same time. And I think this is just the beginning

I'm still convinced I read that the lights are the ones from Hampden used for the Commonwealth Games, and they were "purchased" at a reduced rate.

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

They're now preparing for the return of lawell and he's not even left :D

Frank Murphy wrote:
10:36 PM - May 30
I stand by what I said when his ‘retirement’ was announced. There may be a gap of a few months (probably until after the AGM) but he will return either as a non executive director or in some sort of consultancy role.

Has lawell been a rangers plant, kerrydale think so :D

tomtom

Everyone's Fantasy Football first pick

Lawwell will claim (in years to come) that his legacy is a strong and competitive SPL. He, and Desmond, clearly believe that the glorious champions Rangers are necessary and that their survival is crucial to ensuring the cash flow through the tills at CP. A couple of years of them winning the league will probably see them gaining some sort of financial stability and we can then return to the normality of the title being shared on a regular basis. Unfortunately they don't seem to give a flying feck to the baggage that they bring to the table. We had the perfect opportunity to see them and their societal ills vanquished. Without them organisations like the OO would not have the conduit through which to vent their bile. Sure there would still be sectarian and racist attitudes within society but this would slowly evaporate through time. The glorious champion Rangers continued existence ensures that these attitudes will continue to blight our lives and we are giving them every helping hand that we can. For this alone I can never forgive them.

The people running our club are akin to the bosses of firm working on a cure for some illness who are reliant on the govt for funding. There is no desire to achieve their aim as they see that as putting their futures at risk. Doesn't matter that their success might actually benefit society - it's all about them continuing to profit from the rest of our suffering.

They're now preparing for the return of lawell and he's not even left :D

Frank Murphy wrote:
10:36 PM - May 30
I stand by what I said when his ‘retirement’ was announced. There may be a gap of a few months (probably until after the AGM) but he will return either as a non executive director or in some sort of consultancy role.

He’ll stay as director so that he can keep his membership of the various committees that he’s a member of.

It’s all about influence

ACSOM had an Aussie on today. His best line was when comparing Ange's style of football he said ''it's quite like the Dutch total football, or as I refer to it -- Lisbon Lion football, because I think total football was stolen from the Lisbon Lions''. B-D

In other news, the botox dog gets weirder looking by the episode. It's that creepy permanent smirk of hers.
It's super ironic that it was Dutch Master Frank Rijkaard who first coined the phrase "anti-football" after playing celtc

Some of them think he's trying to take over. :))

"What we might be seeing here is a coup d’etat by Lawwell using his place-men on the board to secure his preferred candidate, big Ange.
Normally I would have thought that if Dermot wanted candidate A then it was a done deal because I thought that the veggies on the board would not want to go against the Irish Raj. However I am now inclined to believe that over the years Lawwell has built up a significant power base of his own. Guys like Allison and him have a long association going back to the days of the Clyde-port authority. Bankier is a nobody that Dermot wouldn’t have recognised before PL suggested him. Others like the Chris MacKay owe their place to PL not DD.
Howe was definitely Dermot’s preferred candidate but burned him badly. This vacuum has allowed Peter to forge ahead. Ange was a name that came from someone inside the MCG, at first I thought it was Harkin but it looks now as if he told Peter to do one after being messed around along with Maresca. That leaves Lawwell junior as main suspect. The CQN article is sadly both predictable and pathetic in equal measure from all involved.
Why Lawwell is going to such lengths is still a mystery. Perhaps he afraid that if if he leaves the scene not only would he lose the money, power and prestige that he currently enjoys but that there might be some awkward questions to answer over things that have gone wrong under his watch like the 5 way agreement!
As Du Wei used to say in the dressing room “ may you live in interesting times!”
All that to bring it back to the 5 way agreement and Rangers basically

But one I will be circulating freely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back