Ange Postecoglou - New Celtic Manager Confirmed - All Chat In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif
2 minutes after Howe says no, is hardly years.

Rodgers
>>>Lennon
>>>>>>Ange

As downward spirals go, this is quite something :)) What’s next I wonder?

>>>>>>>>>Hoopy the Huddle Hound?

Wonder if the poor guy knows what he’s letting himself in for.

This isn’t the leafy gentlee suburbs of Brisbane we’re talking about here Ange. The first hint of dropped points and they’ll be calling for your head

"Aware of him for years"
Does this mean TLB beat him to the showers last time.
Rejected by us, second to TLB, second or eighth to Howe.
Never mind, he had a Kenny Dalglish poster.
He kept it tucked behind his hand crank radio, where he used to listen to Celtic with the locals.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I take it they've had assurances from UEFA he'll be able to start his pro licence despite not having the required qualifications to start it?

Wait till they sign players who our unbiased media will describe them as a new wonderkid or outbidding Rangers to sign somebody.

Good news. Howe would have done a reasonable job but struggled with the pressure. Clarke would have played ugly football, been difficult to beat and persuaded McGregor and Christie to stay, possibly bringing in a few other Scottish international players. Ange doesn't know their club or players, and nothing about Scottish and European football. I'm guessing no one else wanted the job because of the low budget to re-build the team.
Agree with this mate, of the two candidates that we know of and Clarke who seems to be a fit, this guy is hands down the riskiest choice. Turn the screw and pocket the CL money next season.

Delusion on KDS street: :))

"An unnecessary risk of an appointment, but he has plenty of valuable experience under his belt. I don’t see any reason why he won’t at least win the league and domestic cups as long as he gets the right players in"
Putting more emphasis on the players than the coach. If that was the case the 8.75 IAR quadrue treble sort of winners should ... at LEAST win the league and domestic cups"

if that was the case those players should have romped it whether it was Neil Lennon, Jack Lemmon or BJK
Deluded, arrogant and the best of it for us is they've learned nothing

His win record at every job is under 50 percent.

Yes, he has won a few titles in his 25+ years of management but it could not be in a more different environment than Scotland.

When someone like Gerrard is taken aback at the goldfish bowl that is Glasgow, how is this guy going to cope?
Did you read the 2nd paragraph of my post? You're arguing with me as if I said he was going to be a great success when I said:

"But the fact they've brought him in so late (going to miss the first training session as quarantining) and that he doesn't know the league (or really have the reputation that will attract top players) makes me think he's pretty much doomed to failure"

Massive amount of turd polishing going on. They’ve reeled out Gavin Rae, Lubo Moracvik, Frank McAvennie on BBC to tell us how great of a manager he is.

I expected them to through absolutely everything at this seasons by spending a lot of money for a manager with a better CV and to back him a bit considering there is a £30 million + reward for winning the league next season

Do cash rich clubs make an appointment like this,for me it’s cost cutting and big Ange is nothing more than a pasty.
You don’t go from actively courting the likes of Howe, Favre and Marsch - guys with proven CVs in the elite leagues of Europe - to some bloke no one’s ever heard of who won a couple of titles in Australia and Japan ten years ago or whenever it was.

They can insist all they want that his footballing ethos ‘aligns’ with their own, but they’re fooling no one that this is anything other than a desperate appointment after watching their A list whittle down to nothing.

Maybe he will turn out to be an unexpected success, but it feels like there’s something more going on here, almost as if the new regime has already written off next season and are planning for something more medium term.

Can’t wait for the “bungle bungle” headlines. Who knows he may do a good job but I’m pishing myself at them taking these risks. This also because they have a shell of a team and a husk of a club left over from the mismanagement of Lawwell and co. Hilarious. Now where’s the Daffy Duck having a wank gif?

The Scottish media are going to surpass themselves these coming weeks.

Wait to hear about this fat slovenly pigs favourite Lisbon Lion.
How he has always known that the refs are against celtc since that Cadette goal.
How his football style made Maradona shed a tear.
And for us to hear from every filth player from Tom Boyd to Chris Killen to tell us how this guy is the real deal.

The Scottish media are going to surpass themselves these coming weeks.

Wait to hear about this fat slovenly pigs favourite Lisbon Lion.
How he has always known that the refs are against celtc since that Cadette goal.
How his football style made Maradona shed a tear.
And for us to hear from every filth player from Tom Boyd to Chris Killen to tell us how this guy is the real deal.
All great stuff for us. The more arrogant they are and the less they stand up for what they need to stand up for the longer it takes the pendulum to swing back the other way.

Cant believe they have made this decision.

What does this guy have to do ? Beat the dross that is the majority of the Scottish Premiership.

He'll have a couple of hard away games, Hearts and maybe Hibs.

He'll lose a shock game.

So it's against us. He might win one at a screaming Parkhead. Probably lose both at Ibrox.

Might win a cup, which the tims at this stage, would take with open arms.

He might not be an out and out disaster.

What does this guy have to do ? Beat the dross that is the majority of the Scottish Premiership.

He'll have a couple of hard away games, Hearts and maybe Hibs.

He lose a shock game.

So it's against us. He might win one at a screaming Parkhead. Probably lose both at Ibrox.

Might win a cup, which the tims at this stage, would take with open arms.

He might not be an out and out disaster.

I agree to an extent

His problem is though they dont want him and his first hurdle is European Qualifiers which he wont win so they are going to be right on him by then.

He needs to sign what 10 players? It takes time even when you have someone like Gerrard who is a draw in himself when it comes to signing players.

I expect 3/4 loans from the City group though.

All great stuff for us. The more arrogant they are and the less they stand up for what they need to stand up for the longer it takes the pendulum to swing back the other way.

Cant believe they have made this decision.
Correct

The more they bum this guy up to being the 2nd coming of Pep, the bigger the Timplosion when he fails.

We concen ourselves with how we move forward, make sure we sign the right players to go again next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back